PDA

View Full Version : Incantatrix OP - Getting more OP

Falcon X
2013-11-06, 05:50 PM
Okay, I'm about to start a new game with OP characters. I want to break this game so bad, the DM won't know what hit him, and he's okay with that.
Rules: All published material. Wizards approved books okayed automatically (Core, Kalimar, Dragon Magazine, etc.), 3rd party material with approval. No gestalt. Shenanigans okay.

The basic things I'm asking for help on are:
1. Feats or game breaking prestige dips for after I get Ur-Priest1/Chameleon1/Hathran1/Incantatrix4. Not restricted to ones with spellcast progression, because I only need 10 slots from Ur-Priest.
2. My shenanigans let me have Ur-Priest at Lvl 4. Can't get Incantatrix till at least lvl 6. What is a good Level 5? Note: I can't get Incantatrix till I either progress Wizard to cast 3rd level spells, or I take that level in Chameleon. Likely I'll hold out for Chameleon.
3. Any good defences I can put up against dispeling.
4. How I can pull off any of my proposed shenanigans I list at the bottom

Here's my starting Chassis:
NE Female Grey Elf
- Domain Elf Wizard 3/Ur-Priest(shenanigans entry)/Incantatrix(Ur-Priest progression)/Hathran 1/Chameleon 1/Whatever else I can throw in there.
- Hathran/Chameleon trick for spontaneous casting from all divine and arcane lists at my Ur-Priest Level.
- Kalimar's Irrisistable Spell (pre-web enhancement) to break through all Saves.
- Using Acorn of Travel to get away from Rashemen. I have approval for an evil Hathran (Think Blighter flavor)
- Item Familiar/Elf Wizard and items for super-high spellcraft skill.
- Free feats from Otyugh's Hole and Frog God's Fane
- Utilize Old Blood feat (Bastards and Bloodlines) to get either Human or Doppleganger blood. Qualifies me for Chameleon and Human Paragon. Willing to reverse to human with elf blood, but I like my bonus to Int from Grey Elf.

My daily persisted and otherwise Metamagiked buffs. Will take other recs:
Arcane Stats effecting: Shield, Cat’s Grace, Scintillating Scales, Haste, Greater Luminous Armor or Greater Mage Armor, Ray Deflection, Bite of the Wereboar, Draconic Polymorph to Cave Troll
Divine Stats effecting: Divine Resist energy, Greater Invisibility, Greater Blink, Ice Shield, and Superior Resistance
Other protections: Battlemagic Perception, Duelspell
Non-persisted prepared: Greater Dispel Magic, Finger of Death, Wail of the Banshee, Dominate, Assay Spell Resistance
Spellcraft boosting: Weild skill, Heroism, Master’s Touch

Proposed shenanigans I'm looking into and directly want advice on:
- Find a way to kill or usurp gods (Dweomerkeeper and Irresistable Spell?)
- Need a permanent Acorn of Travel. Preferably not vulnerable to dispel. I'm considering turning it into a Weapon of Legacy or merging it into some kind of tattoo or graft.
- Might be able to use my leadership feat to get a lvl 8 cohort of Sacred Prostitute (BoEroticFantasy) so I can replenish my spells in 20 minutes. (A race that doesn't breathe, of course, so I can stick it in my bag of holding.)
- 1 Level dips in Loremaster, Olin Gisir, and Human Paragon for free metamagic feats. Warweaver 1 to spread my buffs to allies.
- Metamagic Feats already considering: Persistant, Maximize, Extend, Envelop the Wall, Irresistable, Fell Animate, Quicken, Twin, and Chain.

Concise Backstory, for context:
I am from Rashemen. I earnestly worked towards a Hathran order. Then likely something due to my mixed blood I was approached by the evil spirits of the area and they made me their champion. I became the leader of the dark spirits of the area. In my pursuit of more power, I found an Ur-Priest master who taught me the tricks, cause Ur-Priests like breaking the rules.

Chronos
2013-11-06, 07:05 PM
I really have no clue what you're intending to do with one level each of Ur-Priest and Chameleon. Taking those will almost certainly weaken you considerably, since they're two levels that aren't advancing whatever your primary casting class is (presumably wizard?).

Falcon X
2013-11-06, 07:58 PM
I really have no clue what you're intending to do with one level each of Ur-Priest and Chameleon. Taking those will almost certainly weaken you considerably, since they're two levels that aren't advancing whatever your primary casting class is (presumably wizard?).

Ah, for some reason I just caught that Incantatrix only progresses Arcane spellcasting levels. I think I was looking at an internet posting of the class rather than the book.
The idea was to take a dip of Ur-Priest and have incantatrix progress the Ur-Priest spellcasting rather than the Wizard. Back to the drawing board on that. But it should only be a minor setback in the overall scheme.

The Chameleon/Hathran is an old, cheap trick of the wording that I might also be misinterpreting. You use Chameleon 1 to get access to all spells of both Arcane and Divine, then use Hathran to be able to spontaneously cast across them.

Doc_Maynot
2013-11-06, 08:17 PM
Seeing as your incantrix idea won't work, and if third party material is okay, Try for the Metaphysical Spellshaper from BoEF (Yes, I know). It's a 3 level PrC that gives you ridiculous metamagic abilities.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-11-06, 09:17 PM
If you really want to have incantatrix then go something like kobold sorcerer 1/beholder mage 1/other 3/ur-priest 1/incantatrix 3/mystic theurge 6/metaphysical spell shaper 3/binder 1(for nabirius). Splash in some bloodlines as needed. Also make sure to ban a school from your sorcerer casting instead of beholder mage.

Falcon X
2013-11-06, 09:40 PM
Seeing as your incantrix idea won't work, and if third party material is okay, Try for the Metaphysical Spellshaper from BoEF (Yes, I know). It's a 3 level PrC that gives you ridiculous metamagic abilities.

Great thought! But, no, already looked at it and not interested in the ability damage.

New Base Chassis:

Wizard3/Ur-Priest 1/Chameleon 1/Hathran 1/Incantatrix 4+/9 of dips that increases Divine Spellcasting. (Not in that order)

I want to keep Ur-priest going to fuel the Hathran/Chameleon combo for 9 level spells. But I can still do that while blowing the other 8 levels on Wiz/Incantatrix.
The rest of my build idea should hold except that I'm not looking for many miscellaneous prestige classes except ones that grow divine spellcasting.

Falcon X
2013-11-06, 09:48 PM
If you really want to have incantatrix then go something like kobold sorcerer 1/beholder mage 1/other 3/ur-priest 1/incantatrix 3/mystic theurge 6/metaphysical spell shaper 3/binder 1(for nabirius). Splash in some bloodlines as needed. Also make sure to ban a school from your sorcerer casting instead of beholder mage.

Great thought too, but not the flavor for me. (Surprising since my character is theoretically a re-incarnated Kobald in an elf body. Long story...)

Plus, as convoluted as my character seems. Beholder mage is a step too far in feasibility.

demigodus
2013-11-06, 09:56 PM
Great thought! But, no, already looked at it and not interested in the ability damage.

Gain immunity to ability damage. Now all metamagics are free! Also your prepared casters just became spontaneous casters

Phaederkiel
2013-11-06, 10:15 PM
while you are at it:

should you not be able to use virtouso / urpriest and then pop some mystical theurge on it? I think that would do your chassis some good.

And, since caster lvl is not so much of an concern for you: I would advise to putting a level of swordsage in between, so you can forever use concentration checks instead of saves. And have short range teleport. And invisibility. And a nice 10 % miss chance from child of shadows.

Falcon X
2013-11-06, 10:34 PM
Gain immunity to ability damage. Now all metamagics are free! Also your prepared casters just became spontaneous casters

Mind = Blown!

I might just do my research and try to make this happen. If anyone knows anything off the top of their heads that are cheap ways to get immunity to ability damage, let me know.

olentu
2013-11-06, 10:41 PM
Mind = Blown!

I might just do my research and try to make this happen. If anyone knows anything off the top of their heads that are cheap ways to get immunity to ability damage, let me know.

The sheltered vitality cleric/druid spell.

Falcon X
2013-11-06, 10:56 PM
while you are at it:

should you not be able to use virtouso / urpriest and then pop some mystical theurge on it? I think that would do your chassis some good.

And, since caster lvl is not so much of an concern for you: I would advise to putting a level of swordsage in between, so you can forever use concentration checks instead of saves. And have short range teleport. And invisibility. And a nice 10 % miss chance from child of shadows.

Swordsage was actually my go-to non-prestige filler dip. Good call, I'll probably use it for level 5!

Virtuoso/MTheurge rocks. Won't work for the build though. I already have to Devote 10 levels to Divine Casting, 2 to non-casters, and 7 to Wizard/Incantatrix. Build falls apart if I defy that.
That gives me just 1 level in Virtuoso before I have to go to Mystic Theurge, and all that would get me is Persuasive Song. For that, I might as well just take Wizard4 for a bonus feat or Incantatrix for Metamagic Spell Trigger.

The only Prestige classes I can dabble with are 9 levels with Divine Casting. My immediate thoughts are Late-Level Loremaster1 (Free Feat), Paragnostic Apostle (Mind over Matter boost to Mage Armor), and Dweomerkeeper (Divine SLA).

Falcon X
2013-11-06, 11:10 PM
Okay, so the build stands so far (Though still up to change):

Domain (Abjuration) Elf Wizard 3 (RoW)/Ur-Priest 1/Swordsage1/Chameleon1/Incantatrix4/Hathran1/Dweomerkeeper4/Loremaster1/X4

Still need four level of Divine Casting Prestige. Any ideas? Perhaps one that would give me Domain (Magic) for Dweomerkeeper prerequisites?

I might stay away from Metaphysical Spellshaper. I already do everything it does, and somehow, despite everything, I feel more legitimate for not going there. Still might consider a 1 level dip for when I want more Metamagic than an Incantatrix can cover. We'll see what else is out there first.

Also, any ideas for a permanent Acorn of Travel?