PDA

View Full Version : Good prestige for Cleric of Tempus

montoya
2013-11-06, 06:14 PM
I haven't found a good battle cleric type prestige class, so I was leaning towards Divine Disciple doesn't interrupt spell casting and grants bonus domain plus its only 5 levels (Faerun campaign book). However What else is good for a cleric of tempus?

GreenETC
2013-11-06, 06:27 PM
I believe some of the best "battle cleric" prestige classes are: Prestige Paladin (as a dip), Bone Knight (if you're evil), Fist of Raziel (if you're Exalted), Ordained Champion (when you have the War Domain), and Ruby Knight Vindicator (if ToB is allowed).

Based on the general idea of Tempus, FoR and Prestige Paladin seem like they'll be out, unless you're LG for some reason. You might be able to refluff Ruby Knight, and if you don't mind being creepy as all hell, you can go Bone Knight. The middle of the road option is Ordained, since you lose CLs, but it's not a half bad PrC.

montoya
2013-11-06, 06:28 PM
What book is ordained champion in?

Karnith
2013-11-06, 06:29 PM
What book is ordained champion in?
Ordained Champion can be found in Complete Champion.

montoya
2013-11-06, 06:32 PM
AH found it...Good class but not quite for me since I am the only healer in a group of 4.

Waker
2013-11-06, 08:53 PM
Green already mentioned some of the better choices. The only other option that immediately comes to mind is War Priest from CDiv. You lost caster levels, but you get a few SLAs, better HD and BAB and some other small bonuses, like an extra Domain. Not amazing, but fits for a Cleric of Tempus.

holywhippet
2013-11-06, 09:03 PM
For direct combat there is the sacred fist PrC since it has full BAB progression. It really calls for a level or two of monk or else a feat tax cost. It is technically full caster progression according to the table provided.

Waker
2013-11-06, 09:25 PM
Another class that might be decent is the Mythic Exemplar from Complete Champion. The requirements are easy, you lose only two caster levels if you choose Imdastri as your patron, and you get a handful of decent little abilities. The best aspects are the better skill points, immunities and access to spontaneously casting spells from the Luck, Protection and Strength domains.

Metahuman1
2013-11-06, 10:47 PM
Maybe not quite what your looking for, but consider reworking Anima Mage to be a Divine/Pact Thurge/Gish instead of an Arcane/Pact Thurge/Gish.