PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Master thief build

IronFist
2013-11-06, 08:02 PM
Hey guys. One of my players had an interesting backstory for his character: he was the greatest thief ever, but ended up cursed, losing his memories and with them most of his abilities. He recovered his memories but then the player chose another character.
Now I want to reintroduce this guy as an NPC. He is a Catfolk Rogue - I was thinking of a Rogue 20 with mythical abilities. Any suggestions on what I could do in this setup? Any particularly interesting combo between rogue talents and mythic abilities?

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-11-06, 09:42 PM
Well, he would definitely be going down the Trickster mythic path. Abilities that stand out:

Larceny-Oriented:
Astounding Disable
Combat Trickery
Crime Spree
No One of Consequence (Gray Fox anyone? This is a really flavorful ability)
Shadow Stealth
Supreme Stealth
Wall Run
Perfect Lie
Steal Power

Other good ones:
Mirror Dodge
Deadly Dodge (Power attacking him? Burn 1 mythic power and make him PA his ally next to you! After moving him with Combat Trickery of course.)

IronFist
2013-11-07, 07:04 AM
I specially like Combat Trickery and Deadly Dodge.

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-11-07, 07:48 AM
Yeah, fun battlefield control that actually feels like you are controlling the flow of battle. Mirror Dodge is just an awesome ability, spend 1 MP to... Not get hit,and teleport up to 30 feet away. Fun. Also, Path Dabbling is really really awesome. Like an ability? ANY ability?

Psyren
2013-11-07, 09:21 AM
Mythic on high-level mundanes is just plain sexy.

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-11-07, 10:08 AM
Note though that Deadly Dodge works best with Combat Reflexes or similar. Full attack? Make him attack his partner!

IronFist
2013-11-07, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure on which feats I should take. I guess I'm going TWF because, hey, Rogue... but originally the character did not use two weapons, so I'm considering a buckler rogue.

Wow, Master Strike + Supreme Trickster is as badass as such a top tier combination should be. It fits what the character has made when he recovered his memories (ripped a drow's priestess heart out in a single smooth motion, the wound did not even bleed).