PDA

View Full Version : (Spell) Is not, is too, is not, is too, IS NOT!!!

King Cael
2007-01-08, 10:29 AM
Rikki's Constant Bickering
Enchantment [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Brd 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 Round
Range: Very Close (10+5/level)
Target: Any two enemies; see text
Duration: 1 minute/CL
Saving Throw: Will Save; See Text
Spell Resistance: None

The moment you finish casting the spell, the two half-orcs stop fighting your minions, stare at each other, and start bickering as your minions swarm over them.

This spell is specifically designed to distract a group, or even an army. When you cast this spell, your targets need to seperatly make a Will save. If both make their Will save, they are not affected. If one target fails his/her Will save, they start having an arguement of seemingly random subject. They count as being prone and instantly fail any Move Silently or Listen checks . Only direct damage or the end of duration will snap them out of it. If they both fail their Will save, they still argue, but if any one tried to stop them from bickering, It becomes "Viral" and they must make a Will save or enter the bickering.

Material Component: An amethest worth 50 gp, which is destroyed after casting.

(my first spell)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-08, 10:36 AM
I like this.

Duke of URL
2007-01-08, 11:09 AM
When you cast this spell, your enemies need to make a Will save. If one or both make their Will save, they start having an arguement of seemingly random subject.

If both pass their will save, they're still affected? And with no spell resistance? Way, way too powerful.

Peregrine
2007-01-08, 11:24 AM
If both pass their will save, they're still affected? And with no spell resistance? Way, way too powerful.

I think it should say, 'If one or both fail', not 'make their Will save'. I'm not sure about still being affected if only the other person failed their save, though. Maybe it should say, 'Unless one or both make their Will save'.

Love the idea though. :smallsmile:

Duke of URL
2007-01-08, 11:57 AM
That'd be better... though I'd probably go with something more like:

Rikki's Constant Bickering
Level: Sor/Wiz 4, Brd 3
Target: Any two enemies; see text
Spell Resistance: Special; See Text

The moment you finish casting the spell, the two half-orcs stop fighting your minions, stare at each other, and start bickering as your minions swarm over them.

This spell is specifically designed to distract a group, or even an army. Both targets must separately roll Will saves. If either fails the Will save, they immediately begin trying to argue with the other target about a seemingly random subject. Each affected target counts as being prone and instantly fails any Move Silently or Listen checks. Only direct damage or the end of duration will snap them out of it.

If both targets fail their Will saves, in addition to arguing amongst themselves, any one who attempts to stop them from bickering must make a Will save, or also be affected.

The initial effect is subject to spell resistance, but the "viral" effect for someone attempting to interfere with two arguing parties is not subject to spell resistance.

Material Component: An amethest worth 50 gp, which is destroyed after casting.

--------------

This of course, begs for the following variation:

Rikki's Constant Bickering, Mass
Level: Sor/Wiz 7, Brd 6
Target: All Enemies (in range); see text
Spell Resistance: Special; See Text

The moment you finish casting the spell, the army of half-orcs stop fighting your minions, stare at each other, and start bickering as your minions swarm over them.

This spell is specifically designed to distract a group, or even an army. All targets must separately roll Will saves. Every target that fails the Will save immediately begins trying to argue with its nearest ally about a seemingly random subject. Each affected target counts as being prone and instantly fails any Move Silently or Listen checks. Only direct damage or the end of duration will snap them out of it.

If two or more affected targets begin arguing amongst themselves, any one who attempts to stop them from bickering must make a Will save, or also be affected.

The initial effect is subject to spell resistance, but the "viral" effect for someone attempting to interfere with arguing parties is not subject to spell resistance.

Material Component: An amethest worth ??? gp (suggestions?), which is destroyed after casting.

King Cael
2007-01-08, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-01-08, 06:57 PM
This would be perfect for breaking into a fortress. How many guards are there at a typical door?

I love that Bards can cast it sooner, but the level overall seems a little high to me.