PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Supers Question: Transformation

Element Zero
2013-11-07, 10:13 AM
So, I have a strange issue. I have a couple of players in my SW Supers game who have alternate forms and I'm not sure how to work them into the system properly. I shall give examples.

The first is easy. He is a normal guy, and then he says a magic word and POOF he becomes a heavenly angel of justice ready to do battle with evil.

The second is more difficult. The character wants to change from human to wolf. In human form, she has a couple of powers, some heals, a blast attack...and she wants to retain all of these powers when she shifts, becoming a wolf with super powers, essentially, and also gaining wolf senses, teeth, that kind of thing.

How do I handle this? I'm relatively new to the SW system, and I'm not sure what the balanced way to distribute points and the like is, since there is no listed "Transformation" power.

Hopeless
2013-11-08, 04:39 AM
So, I have a strange issue. I have a couple of players in my SW Supers game who have alternate forms and I'm not sure how to work them into the system properly. I shall give examples.

The second is more difficult. The character wants to change from human to wolf. In human form, she has a couple of powers, some heals, a blast attack...and she wants to retain all of these powers when she shifts, becoming a wolf with super powers, essentially, and also gaining wolf senses, teeth, that kind of thing.

How do I handle this? I'm relatively new to the SW system, and I'm not sure what the balanced way to distribute points and the like is, since there is no listed "Transformation" power.

Maybe throw in an Activation flaw for each of the powers that relate to their wolf form with the provisor: Only in wolf form deducting maybe a point from each as a result like they do with devices?

LibraryOgre
2013-11-09, 10:29 AM
I'd be inclined to treat their Transformation as similar to the Summoning spell, with a discount because they don't get to take advantage of the action economy.