PDA

View Full Version : Building a Village (Construction Costs)

ElenionAncalima
2013-11-07, 10:42 AM
In a Pathfinder game I am currently a part of, our party has been given a village by the king.. However, the village is largely in ruins. I was looking through goods and services, and their doesn't appear to be any kind of pricing for construction and property.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how you would calculate the cost of repairing buildings or building new ones?

Morithias
2013-11-07, 10:50 AM
In a Pathfinder game I am currently a part of, our party has been given a village by the king.. However, the village is largely in ruins. I was looking through goods and services, and their doesn't appear to be any kind of pricing for construction and property.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how you would calculate the cost of repairing buildings or building new ones?

Those are in Ultimate Campaign, under the "Downtime" rules.

theIrkin
2013-11-07, 11:05 AM
I spent most of yesterday reading over those rules coincidentally. They seem pretty robust, even if they're a little more complicated. You could also use the kingdom rules, but do it on a smaller scale?

JaronK
2013-11-07, 02:19 PM
You can also just build it all yourself with Wall of Stone + Lyre of Building.

JaronK

Kudaku
2013-11-07, 02:37 PM
The somewhat mislabeled Kingdom rules can also be used to run smaller organizations, like city-states, baronies etc - there should be little to no adjustment needed to adopt them to a village.

Alternately you could use the Downtime building rules to build each structure in the village independently, but that'd require a lot more attention to detail.

Really it's up to you, your DM, and what kind of game you want to run - kingdom rules work best if you want to expand onto the areas around your village, while Downtime might make more sense if you want to focus on the village itself.

ElenionAncalima
2013-11-07, 02:50 PM
Ah, I didn't even know that section existed...and I don't think our DM does either.

I'll definitley have to read it over and suggest the rest of the group and DM does the same. Thanks for the help.

Kudaku
2013-11-07, 05:05 PM
In case you don't have easy access to Ultimate Campaign (or want to share it with your fellow party members) downtime to construct buildings is explained on the PFSRD here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/downtime) and the kingdom rules are detailed here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/kingdom-building).

Note that both sections can be a little overwhelming at first, you should set aside some time when you read through them and even do a trial playthrough to make sure you have the hang of it - my group thought they had the kingdom rules well in hand till they got ousted by unrest about six months in :smallbiggrin:.