PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever Used Pearl?

Palanan
2013-11-07, 11:11 AM
Just recently I've come across something called Pearl, which lets you submit questions to "experts" in a variety of fields, for fees which start in the $15-30 range.

The site itself is apparently a legitimate business rather than a scam, but I'm still leery of paying to have questions answered--and especially of the credentials of these designated "experts," who don't seem to use their full names.

Has anyone ever used this service, and is it remotely helpful or worthwhile?

Flickerdart
2013-11-07, 02:49 PM
Or you can use Quora/StackExchange and get good answers for free.

Palanan
2013-11-08, 07:37 AM
If anyone has any personal experience with Pearl, I'd like to hear about it.

Finlam
2013-11-08, 12:10 PM
If anyone has any personal experience with Pearl, I'd like to hear about it.

Pearl sounds like nothing short of a scam. Having worked with a good number of experts in various fields and never having heard of Pearl until now, I would be highly dubious of the quality of experts they provide.

Also, what flickerdart said. Stack exchange FTW. You will find real experts that frequent that site and answer questions for free.

But if you would rather pay money to find this hidden group of experts that will answer all your questions for just one easy payment, I suppose that is your prerogative.

Palanan
2013-11-08, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Subproject54
But if you would rather pay money to find this hidden group of experts that will answer all your questions for just one easy payment, I suppose that is your prerogative.

I don't understand why you feel the need for this tone, which is hardly friendly or helpful. I have my own doubts about Pearl, which is why I'm asking if anyone's had any personal experience with the site themselves. You don't seem to.