PDA

View Full Version : Power-building immunities.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-07, 08:54 PM
Okay, so I've been working on a super-broken character built with the basic amalgam, degenerate, and variant augmentation rules. The character gains casting as a cleric, wizard, druid, and a sorcerer. On top of that, it has rogue equiv sneak attack and fighter bonus feats racially.

Now, that being said, it's pretty much immune to damage. I bred in magic and psionic immunities, negated force and time damage, and now am starting to wrap up all of the other immunizations. It's healed by fire and shock, so it doesn't need to be immune to those, but what creatures do you know of that have the most immunities. I want immunities to every effect, kind of damage, and any possibly way that my character might be scratched, short of going pun pun.

Any tips?

(And if you're against powerbuilding, don't comment. Plox and danke.)

Story
2013-11-07, 09:06 PM
Do you have immunity to all damage? Can you autopass all saves? How do you do against Searing Spell? What about Hail of Stone? What about Supernatural Holy Words? What about Knowledge Affiliation?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-07, 09:16 PM
Well, I have unpassable regen and immunity to subdual, so that takes care of the basic combat damage. Searing spell doesn't really matter much, because I'm healed by fire.

As for the others, I'm not entirely sure. I know I'm immune to all magical and supernatural effects (as per an addy golem)

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-07, 09:37 PM
City damage?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-07, 09:42 PM
Is it considered "damage"? If yes, then I am immune to it.

Morphie
2013-11-07, 11:45 PM
Sorry, but I must ask: Are you immune to book damage, when thrown by the DM?

Ruethgar
2013-11-08, 12:21 AM
Piercing Cold can get through, and you need energy drain and death effect immunity as well as ability damage and drain immunity. You also need gargantuan skills to thwart diplomancy. At this level of power you need wish immunity, as well as teleportation and transmutation.

Story
2013-11-08, 01:59 AM
Piercing Cold can get through, and you need energy drain and death effect immunity as well as ability damage and drain immunity. You also need gargantuan skills to thwart diplomancy. At this level of power you need wish immunity, as well as teleportation and transmutation.

Nope. Piercing Cold is actually weaker than Searing Spell. But it doesn't matter in this case due to the regen trick.

Also, Diplomacy can't be used on PCs, or at least it doesn't auto succeed.

As for the others, I'm not entirely sure. I know I'm immune to all magical and supernatural effects (as per an addy golem)

I take it that's 3.0? The wording seems a bit vague, but if it's really complete immunity to all magical and supernatural abilities, that covers everything I can think of. Even Knowledge Affliation is Su (it also offers a save, sadly).

I expect even Tippy would find this quite a challenge.

Artillery
2013-11-08, 02:35 AM
So, I want to know what different things are used for each bit along with each thing. How much level adjust does this thing have?

Frenzied Berserker/Ubercharger with Trollbane says you are still dead. Ice Assassin, etc.

Spell/Power Immunity only works on things that allow spell resistance.

Story
2013-11-08, 02:40 AM

I believe this is the broken 3.0 version of magic immunity. At any rate it also blocks supernatural effects.

Artillery
2013-11-08, 03:36 AM
Well, I have unpassable regen and immunity to subdual, so that takes care of the basic combat damage. Searing spell doesn't really matter much, because I'm healed by fire.

When you say unpassable regeneration, do you mean immunity to all things that would normal get passed, fire and acid for example.

Trollbane just stops regeneration from working for an attack with a weapon.

Spuddles
2013-11-08, 04:09 AM
Could you handle making an arbitrarily large number of will saves vs being Wished into a vat of Quintessence?

Immabozo
2013-11-08, 04:41 AM

As far as I know, this trick was errata-ed to not work. If you have regen, you cannot get immunity to subdual

TuggyNE
2013-11-08, 05:06 AM
As far as I know, this trick was errata-ed to not work. If you have regen, you cannot get immunity to subdual

I'm not aware of any errata for it (and errata addressing an ability found in various disparate places would be rather strange). All I know is that most of the sources that give immunity to non-lethal shut off Regeneration by virtue of having Con -. However, it's still possible to get that immunity without using those.

nedz
2013-11-08, 08:26 AM
But are you immune to just being ignored ?

I.e. can your character actually do something that's worth attacking him for ?

How about getting stuck in a Forcecage or Web ?

Or being Grappled ?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 08:44 AM
Well, I mean, I'm actually immune to force effects, so that cage wouldn't stop me. Even if it did, I'm immune to magical and supernatural effects, so I could still just walk right through it.

I'm not immune to being grappled, but with a bonus to my grapple checks of 2.5x my str mod (+1557 at this point), I'm not sure what in the hell could grapple that.

And as for doing anything worth mentioning...

I dunno. I cast epic spells at level 15. In more than 3 spellcasting classes.

Also is evil, which would gain him enemies in the cliche' dnd world.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 08:46 AM

Have it. Magic/supernatural imm. As Addy golem.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 08:47 AM
When you say unpassable regeneration, do you mean immunity to all things that would normal get passed, fire and acid for example.

No, I have the tarrasque's regen, as well as fast healing. And if that magic trollbane weapon hit me, It'd have to roll against being dispelled and not having that effect me.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 08:49 AM
So, I want to know what different things are used for each bit along with each thing. How much level adjust does this thing have?

Frenzied Berserker/Ubercharger with Trollbane says you are still dead. Ice Assassin, etc.

It technically has a net LA in the negatives, brought up to LA 0 because you cannot have negative LA on a PC. Templates may grant negative LA (See the excerpt in degenerate, deluxe book of templates 3.5e)

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 08:50 AM

I'd have to see that. Considering my subdual damage doesn't come at the cost of my con score, I still have the ability to gain regen.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 08:51 AM
Sorry, but I must ask: Are you immune to book damage, when thrown by the DM?

My DM actually was the one who told me to start work on this character...

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 08:53 AM
Could you handle making an arbitrarily large number of will saves vs being Wished into a vat of Quintessence?

I actually auto-pass all of my will saves ^-^

Not my fort or reflex, though. (Both of which have a +80 to the saves, so...)

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 09:00 AM

Also, trollbane is considered a poison, and I immune to that as well.

:D

Story
2013-11-08, 09:26 AM
I actually auto-pass all of my will saves ^-^

Not my fort or reflex, though. (Both of which have a +80 to the saves, so...)

Hmm. That is a potential chink in your armor. Can Tainted Scholar boost Ex DCs arbitrarily high? Are there any nasty Ex abilities to hit it with?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 09:34 AM
Hmm. That is a potential chink in your armor. Can Tainted Scholar boost Ex DCs arbitrarily high? Are there any nasty Ex abilities to hit it with?

Well, I mean, My fort save is base 241 without magic items. My reflex is only like... 70. That being said, I re-roll all natural 1's on saving throws, and I only take half damage from failed reflex.

I wonder if there's a way to be immune to ex abilities. I'm going to have to check into that.

Story
2013-11-08, 09:47 AM
Well, I mean, My fort save is base 241 without magic items. My reflex is only like... 70. That being said, I re-roll all natural 1's on saving throws, and I only take half damage from failed reflex.

I wonder if there's a way to be immune to ex abilities. I'm going to have to check into that.

When you get that high the actual bonus is near meaningless. Either you have infinite saves or you don't. Tainted Scholar for instance can give its spells infinite save DC, though I don't see any way to apply that to Ex abilities.

Hmm, is there any way to get an infinite CL Owl's Insight? Any good Wis based ex abilities?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 09:48 AM
When you get that high the actual bonus is near meaningless. Either you have infinite saves or you don't. Tainted Scholar for instance can give its spells infinite save DC, though I don't see any way to apply that to Ex abilities.

Hmm, is there any way to get an infinite CL Owl's Insight? Any good Wis based ex abilities?

Looking at tainted scholar, it still uses arcane casting though.

Of which I am immune.

Ortesk
2013-11-08, 11:24 AM
Wheres tippy at. If it has HP he can kill it

Angelalex242
2013-11-08, 11:37 AM
Let's get dangerous...

Annihilating strike, the Salient Divine Ability. There is no defense save having a bigger divine rank then the god has. Sure you'll make the fort save...till you roll a 1...

And if that doesn't work, we'll break out Life and Death (or even Mass Life and Death.)

No save, mere mortal. And no, death ward won't save you from a god. And neither will construct immunities, as the diety will just snuff your animating force. Only having a Divine Rank bigger then the deity will save you.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 01:05 PM
Let's get dangerous...

Annihilating strike, the Salient Divine Ability. There is no defense save having a bigger divine rank then the god has. Sure you'll make the fort save...till you roll a 1...

And if that doesn't work, we'll break out Life and Death (or even Mass Life and Death.)

No save, mere mortal. And no, death ward won't save you from a god. And neither will construct immunities, as the diety will just snuff your animating force. Only having a Divine Rank bigger then the deity will save you.

Well, I mean, if you want to bring in divine ranks I could pull defiant and Cut the damage from annihilating strike, time stop, and then do enough damage to cull the fool down. I only get a few attacks with over 1.5k damage. I do get over their DR. If we're only talking pre-made gods (i.e.:wi-jas), They wouldn't last very long.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 01:06 PM
Let's get dangerous...

Oh, and the "pride" domain I get as a cleric Says I always re-roll 1's on a failed save. js.

Angelalex242
2013-11-08, 01:10 PM
That still won't save you from Life and Death.

Your opponent:

Life And Death

Prerequisites

Divine rank 6, Gift of Life or Hand of Death salient divine ability.

Benefit

The deity designates any mortal and snuffs out its life. Or the deity can designate any dead mortal and restore it to life. (By mortal, we mean anything that doesn't have Divine Ranks. Being undead or a construct won't save you...)

Notes

This ability works across planar boundaries and penetrates any barrier except a divine shield. However, the subject must be in a location the deity can sense, either within the deity’s sense range or in a location the deity can perceive through its remote sensing ability. If the deity cannot see the subject, the deity must unambiguously identify the subject in some fashion. If the deity chooses to kill a mortal, the ability works like the destruction spell, except that there is no material component or saving throw. The mortal cannot be raised or resurrected afterward, except by a deity of equal or higher rank using the Gift of Life or Life and Death salient divine ability.

If the deity restores life to a mortal, this ability works like the true resurrection spell, except that there is no material component and the amount of time the subject has been dead is irrelevant.

This ability cannot restore a creature to life against its will, but it can resurrect an elemental or outsider. It can resurrect a creature whose soul is trapped, provided the soul is not held by a deity of higher rank than the one using this ability.

This ability cannot restore life to a creature that has been slain by the Hand of Death, Life and Death, or Mass Life and Death ability of a deity with a higher rank.

Rest

After using either version of this ability, the deity must rest for 1 minute per level or Hit Die of the creature affected.

Deities whose portfolio includes death do not have to rest after using this ability.

As such, the deity can smite you safely from his home dimension, and there's nothing you can do about it short of going there and killing them all pre-emptively.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 01:20 PM
That still won't save you from Life and Death.

Your opponent:

Life And Death

Prerequisites

Divine rank 6, Gift of Life or Hand of Death salient divine ability.

Benefit

The deity designates any mortal and snuffs out its life. Or the deity can designate any dead mortal and restore it to life. (By mortal, we mean anything that doesn't have Divine Ranks. Being undead or a construct won't save you...)

Notes

This ability works across planar boundaries and penetrates any barrier except a divine shield. However, the subject must be in a location the deity can sense, either within the deity’s sense range or in a location the deity can perceive through its remote sensing ability. If the deity cannot see the subject, the deity must unambiguously identify the subject in some fashion. If the deity chooses to kill a mortal, the ability works like the destruction spell, except that there is no material component or saving throw. The mortal cannot be raised or resurrected afterward, except by a deity of equal or higher rank using the Gift of Life or Life and Death salient divine ability.

If the deity restores life to a mortal, this ability works like the true resurrection spell, except that there is no material component and the amount of time the subject has been dead is irrelevant.

This ability cannot restore a creature to life against its will, but it can resurrect an elemental or outsider. It can resurrect a creature whose soul is trapped, provided the soul is not held by a deity of higher rank than the one using this ability.

This ability cannot restore life to a creature that has been slain by the Hand of Death, Life and Death, or Mass Life and Death ability of a deity with a higher rank.

Rest

After using either version of this ability, the deity must rest for 1 minute per level or Hit Die of the creature affected.

Deities whose portfolio includes death do not have to rest after using this ability.

As such, the deity can smite you safely from his home dimension, and there's nothing you can do about it short of going there and killing them all pre-emptively.

So I just give it divine ranks?

Chronos
2013-11-08, 01:33 PM
What happens when someone throws a few thousand Fort or Ref effects at you? Say, fifty thousand solars all attacking you with their bows. Statistically, a few are likely to roll natural 20s to hit you, get past your 50% chance to destroy the arrow on contact, and two natural 1s in a row on your two saving throw rolls.

Are any of your defenses due to things that get shut down in an antimagic field? How about a dead magic plane? Or a restricted magic plane? Mordenkainen's Disjunction? Epic dispel seed?

What about an attack that bypasses immunity to poison, coupled with trollbane?

Gate opened right under your feet (together with an effect that negates flying), leading to an inescapable plane?

Time travel to a time before you gained all this power (or, if necessary, before you were born) to prevent you from ever gaining it (or existing) in the first place?

Fear spells from a necropolitan tainted scholar/dread witch?

Story
2013-11-08, 01:54 PM
Oh, and the "pride" domain I get as a cleric Says I always re-roll 1's on a failed save. js.

Actually Pride Domain only lets you reroll once per save. So you still have a 1 in 400 chance of autofailing each save.

Immabozo
2013-11-08, 02:02 PM
What is the purpose of this monstrosity?

Frosty
2013-11-08, 02:27 PM
You will want a way to defend yourself against the Pun Pun that will eventually show up to before you were born.

AlltheBooks
2013-11-08, 03:24 PM
Hmmm, all of this is just ego feed. Show us this build, otherwise oh, I just came up with a build that invalidates this one. No I do. Because I said so.

See how that (doesn't) work?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 03:56 PM
Okay, yea. It's kill-able. That was kind of the point of this thread. What is it that this character needs to be (short of pun pun), completely unkillable and immune to everything. I've covered the majority of things I can think of, like, what else is there?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 04:00 PM
Hmmm, all of this is just ego feed. Show us this build, otherwise oh, I just came up with a build that invalidates this one. No I do. Because I said so.

See how that (doesn't) work?

The build isn't done, but here's it's immunities and sq's, and how they're bred in through amalgem or added through Variant Augmentation.

Immunities
- Ability damage and drain, disease, energy drain, fatigue, paralysis, poison, sleep spells and effects, starvation, and thirst. Does not need to eat or sleep. (immortal template, +15 LA)
- Psionics (Psion killer/ psi-golem, +2 LA)
- Magic, spells that a caster of your HD could cast, supernatural effects (addy golem, magic immune, arcane servitor, +6 LA)
- Stunning, sneak attack, death effects, necromancy effects, nonlethal damage, fatigue, exhaustion, death from massive damage. (construct immunities, +7 LA)
- Mind effects, polymorph (plant immunities, +2 LA)
- Immune to damage on physical ability scores (str/dex/con) (undead immunities, +2 la)
- Flanking, tripping, grappling, bull-rush (swarm subtype immunities, +3 LA)
- Force (Force dragon, +2 LA)
- Time (Time dragon, +2 LA)
- Cold, acid, sonic (Energy infused, +3 LA)

SQ’s
- Double all physical stats, and wisdom (apocalyptic creature, +2 LA)
- Timeless body (Immortal, +0 LA)
- Blindsense 10ft p/ HD (blind oracle, +0 LA)
- Tarrasque’s regen/fast healing (tarrasque, +2 LA)
- Bonus feats as fighter (Battle Angel, +2 LA)
- Racial casting as sorcerer/druid as 2x HD (fairy dragon, +4 LA)
- Cleric casting 2x HD (Frostbitten, +2 LA)
- Psionics as scion of HD (Unbodied, +2LA)
- Martial maneuvers as swordsage of HD (reth-dekala, +2LA)
- Wizard casting as HD (Ethergaunt, +2LA)
- Cha bonus as defelction to AC (Wendigo, +1 LA)
- Regen 5/fire (Wendigo, +2 LA)
- Fly speed 120 perfect (Wendigo, +1 LA)
- Deep water adaptation (Drowned one, +0 LA)
- Heal 1hp p/ 3 fire damage (1/2 brass golem, +2 LA)
- Heal 1hp p/ 3 electricity damage (1/2 flesh golem, +2 LA)
- Tongues, always on (astral deva, +1 LA)
- Sneak attack as rogue of HD (Blood fiend, +2 LA)
- Improved evasion (Mindbender, +2 LA)
- +CHA to all saves (Vampire lord, +2 LA)

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 04:04 PM
And after that's all aded, you just stack *LOTS* of degenerate and Variant augmented 1/2 dragon templates. If you use the system for determining lowering LA in the deluxe book of templates, you can get 1/2 dragon down to a -3 LA. At least, that's how my DM and I figured things out. It balances the immunities, and gives it a really nice stat boost to certain stats.

AlltheBooks
2013-11-08, 04:10 PM
The build isn't done, but here's it's immunities and sq's, and how they're bred in through amalgem or added through Variant Augmentation.

Immunities
- Ability damage and drain, disease, energy drain, fatigue, paralysis, poison, sleep spells and effects, starvation, and thirst. Does not need to eat or sleep. (immortal template, +15 LA)
- Magic, spells that a caster of your HD could cast, supernatural effects (addy golem, magic immune, arcane servitor, +6 LA)
- Stunning, sneak attack, death effects, necromancy effects, nonlethal damage, fatigue, exhaustion, death from massive damage. (construct immunities, +7 LA)
- Immune to damage on physical ability scores (str/dex/con) (undead immunities, +2 la)

SQ’s

Ah so this is a TO/requires DM fiat (both at the same time) build. OK carry on. Enjoy building.

Not sure why you are asking questions when you can just make stuff up.

Xervous
2013-11-08, 04:10 PM
The problem that you run into when you desire to create something that is totally and absolutely immune to everything (and incredibly likely to have nigh or truly infinite power to back that up) you are heading down a very familiar path that inevitably leads to pun pun. Anything lesser than P2 is destroyable or can be preempted by P2.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 04:11 PM
Ah so this is a TO/requires DM fiat (both at the same time) build. OK carry on. Enjoy building.

I mean, it's all completely by the books. The it's strictly built as worded. Kinda the easier way to do things.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 04:14 PM
The problem that you run into when you desire to create something that is totally and absolutely immune to everything (and incredibly likely to have nigh or truly infinite power to back that up) you are heading down a very familiar path that inevitably leads to pun pun. Anything lesser than P2 is destroyable or can be preempted by P2.

Well, as glorious as that is, one of the written rules of our campaigns is that we don't use Pun pun. So I'm not too worried.

Spuddles
2013-11-08, 04:15 PM

Why are you so upset? Did you not see the disclaimer in OP for people like you?

Angelalex242
2013-11-08, 05:28 PM
Divine Splendor

Prerequisites

Divine rank 16, Cha 26.

Benefit

Any mortal who approaches within 10 feet per divine rank of the deity in its natural form dies immediately, with no saving throw.

Suggested Portfolio Elements

Supreme.

(This can also do you in. Go Zeus!)

Know Death

Benefit

The deity knows the exact moment and circumstances of any mortal creature’s death just by looking at the creature.

Death.

(That works too, if the God wants to know when Pun Pun will kill you.)

Lay Curse

Benefit

This ability works like the bestow curse spell, except that mortals get no save. Deities of equal or lesser rank are subject to this ability, but are allowed Will saves (DC 10 + the deity’s Charisma modifier + the deity’s divine rank) to resist. The curse can be removed only by a deity of equal or higher rank than the cursing deity.

The deity can affect up to one creature per divine rank at once, but no more than that number each day. All must be within the deity’s line of sight when first affected.

Evil.

(No save for you, mortal!)

Lay Quest

Benefit

This ability works like the geas/quest spell, except that it works only on mortals and it can be removed only by a deity of equal or higher rank than the deity who lays the quest. The deity can affect up to one creature per divine rank at once, but no more than that number each day. All must be within the deity’s line of sight when first affected.

Justice, law.

(NO SAVE FOR MORTALS!)

Power Of Truth

Benefit

The deity knows when anyone (other than a deity of equal or higher rank) deliberately lies. This ability works like the discern lies spell, except that it works continuously and applies to any creature the deity can perceive. The deity also can enchant creatures so they become truthful. The deity can affect up to one creature per divine rank at once, but no more than that number each day. All must be within the deity’s line of sight when first affected. The enchanted creatures become unable to utter any deliberate falsehoods or evasions of truth for one day. The subject is allowed a Will save (DC 10 + the deity’s Charisma modifier + the deity’s divine rank) to resist. Subjects who make successful saves become immune to this ability for one day.

Justice, law, truth.

(No lying to this god!)

Power Of Luck

Prerequisites

Luck domain.

Benefit

The deity can give creatures good or bad fortune. The deity can affect up to one creature per divine rank at once, but no more than that number each day. All must be within the deity’s line of sight when first affected. Subjects receive a luck bonus of +1 per divine rank or a luck penalty of -1 per divine rank on attack rolls, saves, and checks for one day. Any creature that attacks the deity automatically suffers the luck penalty, and this does not count against the deity’s daily uses of this ability.

Fate, gambling, luck.

(No save for you, mortal!)

Frosty
2013-11-08, 05:58 PM
And after that's all aded, you just stack *LOTS* of degenerate and Variant augmented 1/2 dragon templates. If you use the system for determining lowering LA in the deluxe book of templates, you can get 1/2 dragon down to a -3 LA. At least, that's how my DM and I figured things out. It balances the immunities, and gives it a really nice stat boost to certain stats.What is this Deluxe book of Template?

TuggyNE
2013-11-08, 06:13 PM
Okay, yea. It's kill-able. That was kind of the point of this thread. What is it that this character needs to be (short of pun pun), completely unkillable and immune to everything. I've covered the majority of things I can think of, like, what else is there?

Two words: Stuffy Doll.

Frosty
2013-11-08, 06:22 PM
So you will be playing this character in an actual campaign? With other players?

Angelalex242
2013-11-08, 06:34 PM
It's ECL+77.

So, as a 1st level character with one HD, it's...Level 78.

Heck of a campaign to be in, a level 78 campaign, with 1 HD...

Frosty
2013-11-08, 06:49 PM
Apparently he has a way of reducing LA to turn this whole thing into -3 LA or something.

So again I ask...you gonna play this in a real campaign?

Spuddles
2013-11-08, 06:58 PM
So you will be playing this character in an actual campaign? With other players?

Apparently he has a way of reducing LA to turn this whole thing into -3 LA or something.

So again I ask...you gonna play this in a real campaign?

What's it matter. Why ya'll so hostile towards TO?

Vedhin
2013-11-08, 06:59 PM
Is it immune to Surge of Fortune+Craft Contingent Spell Surge of Fortune+Vorpal Weapon? That kills anything that needs its head, and you have no listed ability that makes you unaffected by headlessness.

Do you have some way of preventing vile damage? You cannot heal it with Regenration. (Note: the regenration/subdual damage immunity thing not working was either the Sage or the FAQ, not actual errata).

If someone uses Knowledge Affiliation (Complete Champion) to hit you with Kiss of the Grave (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fey/20030411a), do you cry?

Knowledge Affiliation in general, do you have a way around it?

Frosty
2013-11-08, 07:02 PM
What's it matter. Why ya'll so hostile towards TO?This ain't hostility. This is curiosity as to what exactly he's gonna do with the character.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 08:13 PM
It's ECL+77.

So, as a 1st level character with one HD, it's...Level 78.

Heck of a campaign to be in, a level 78 campaign, with 1 HD...

No, it's going to be a level 15-20 campaign. With 15-20 HD.

What is this Deluxe book of Template?

Deluxe book of templates 3.5 edition

Is it immune to Surge of Fortune+Craft Contingent Spell Surge of Fortune+Vorpal Weapon? That kills anything that needs its head, and you have no listed ability that makes you unaffected by headlessness.

Do you have some way of preventing vile damage? You cannot heal it with Regenration. (Note: the regenration/subdual damage immunity thing not working was either the Sage or the FAQ, not actual errata).

If someone uses Knowledge Affiliation (Complete Champion) to hit you with Kiss of the Grave (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fey/20030411a), do you cry?

Knowledge Affiliation in general, do you have a way around it?

I'm pretty sure that's a magical effect, of which I am immune to. The Knowledge affiliation, that is.

As for the vorpal thing, It'd be the same as if you beheaded the tarrasque. It'd just grow back, because that regeneration says specifically that I'm not killed by something like that.

This ain't hostility. This is curiosity as to what exactly he's gonna do with the character.

Yea, it's going to be played. It's current other party members are a demi-lich vampire lord true dragon, and a wizard that's experimented on himself to gain immortality.

Frosty
2013-11-08, 08:25 PM
and a wizard that's experimented on himself to gain immortality.not even in the same league. A wizard can gain immortality using his bonus beat at level 20. you're saying being immune to aging compares to being immune to everyone else under the sun?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 08:27 PM
not even in the same league. A wizard can gain immortality using his bonus beat at level 20. you're saying being immune to aging compares to being immune to everyone else under the sun?

I guess when I say "Immortality", I really mean that he's unkillable and immune to everything. He's also casting as a sorcerer of like... 8x his HD. As well as multiple other magical sources. It doesn't really stack up combat wise, because he's useless in antimagic, but RP wise the character can fit in with the outrageous crew.

Angelalex242
2013-11-08, 08:41 PM
To be fair, nobody's found a way to even affect your character without resorting to Salient Divine Abilities, so you're doin' fine.

Vedhin
2013-11-08, 08:44 PM
As for the vorpal thing, It'd be the same as if you beheaded the tarrasque. It'd just grow back, because that regeneration says specifically that I'm not killed by something like that.

What if the weapon deals vile damage? Vile damage cannot be regerated, so being behead with a vorpal weapon that deals vile damage is pretty much permanent.

Angelalex242
2013-11-08, 08:51 PM
Or Sanctified damage, if this character is evil.

GreenETC
2013-11-08, 08:53 PM
Now here is a question for you, which I'm not sure if you have an answer to.

Can you kill the clone of yourself the DM makes by just literally copying your character and turning it into an enemy? (If you thought of it, someone else in the world thought of it.)

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-08, 09:25 PM
What if the weapon deals vile damage? Vile damage cannot be regerated, so being behead with a vorpal weapon that deals vile damage is pretty much permanent.

Well, I suppose sanctified damage might be an issue. But even if you do want to use that, I can just set a greater solarity to go off before such a weapon hits me more than once, and then time stop and kill whatever it is that has such a horrible creation.

Now here is a question for you, which I'm not sure if you have an answer to.

Can you kill the clone of yourself the DM makes by just literally copying your character and turning it into an enemy? (If you thought of it, someone else in the world thought of it.)

We've also made rules against doing that, as well.

masterjoda99
2013-11-08, 11:24 PM
Personally, I would like to see this build when it's finished.

AlltheBooks
2013-11-09, 12:12 AM
Yeah curious as well.

To the person who proclaimed it's statted like it is "because of ppl like me" merely been gaming for over 2 decades and curious of the build. Never seen it before. Simple as that.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 12:26 AM
Well, I suppose sanctified damage might be an issue. But even if you do want to use that, I can just set a greater solarity to go off before such a weapon hits me more than once, and then time stop and kill whatever it is that has such a horrible creation.

Permanent Emanation: Planar stasis, no time stop bud

Lets have some more fun. Your time stop wont let you affect another person, so time stop and gtfo is your option. I can think of a few ways to get the most chance at rolling a nat 20, and then we can just stack so many attacks one will be nat 20. So in fact, i can kill you decently easy with sanctified vorpal kukris. Which is kind of funny, this monstrosity being felled by a guy wielding crappy items

And for the record, a deity can kill you long before you think of killing him. You plan on using what to stop the fact he knows about you weeks in advance? Everything you do and somhow beat him, the dm just goes redo fight, he woulda known everything you planned to do and had counters to them all. A god will pimp slap you, and TBH if your dm is playing wisely a god would come down to slay you. Because you upset the balance to much

Angelalex242
2013-11-09, 12:35 AM
Hence, Ortesk, why I pointed out a list of all the Salient Divine Abilities that can slay anything, no save, that doesn't have a divine rank to its name.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 12:57 AM
Permanent Emanation: Planar stasis, no time stop bud

Lets have some more fun. Your time stop wont let you affect another person, so time stop and gtfo is your option. I can think of a few ways to get the most chance at rolling a nat 20, and then we can just stack so many attacks one will be nat 20. So in fact, i can kill you decently easy with sanctified vorpal kukris. Which is kind of funny, this monstrosity being felled by a guy wielding crappy items

And for the record, a deity can kill you long before you think of killing him. You plan on using what to stop the fact he knows about you weeks in advance? Everything you do and somhow beat him, the dm just goes redo fight, he woulda known everything you planned to do and had counters to them all. A god will pimp slap you, and TBH if your dm is playing wisely a god would come down to slay you. Because you upset the balance to much

Pardon me while I epic antimagic field. Your kukris are now useless, and you're NOT beating this thing in 1v1 combat.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 01:06 AM
Pardon me while I epic antimagic field. Your kukris are now useless, and you're NOT beating this thing in 1v1 combat.

Everything has a weakness the player didnt think about. Doesnt matter how little, how trivial. It has a weakness and it can be exploited. Okay whats your wisdom

Artillery
2013-11-09, 04:46 AM

EX abilities are great, Ironheart Surge away the anti-magic field.

Apocalyptic has no stated level adjust where are you getting the one for just stats?

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 05:10 AM

Apocalyptic has no stated level adjust where are you getting the one for just stats?

At this point, DM fiat

And legacy weapons arent hindered by AMF, i have legacy kukris of vorpal

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 10:26 AM
Everything has a weakness the player didnt think about. Doesnt matter how little, how trivial. It has a weakness and it can be exploited. Okay whats your wisdom

I'm curious to see what you can do.

LA comes from the chart in deluxe book of templates 3.5 edition

At this point, DM fiat

And legacy weapons arent hindered by AMF, i have legacy kukris of vorpal

And I have stasis clones in case you CAN kill it.

Chronos
2013-11-09, 10:38 AM
Why didn't you say from the start that you were using third-party books? There's a very important book you're missing: The Book of Because I Say So.

Page 1 of the book:

Template: Because I Said "No"

This template is an acquired template that can be applied to any creature.
The templated creature automatically wins everything in D&D.

LA: negative a billion
Published by Chronos Press, copyright date "just now".

Just apply that template, and you're golden.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 10:42 AM
Why didn't you say from the start that you were using third-party books? There's a very important book you're missing: The Book of Because I Say So.

Page 1 of the book:

Published by Chronos Press, copyright date "just now".

Just apply that template, and you're golden.

Please see first post, and then gtfo.

Chronos
2013-11-09, 11:51 AM
What in the first post should I be heeding?

Kazyan
2013-11-09, 11:59 AM
Try breeding in the Alter Shape ability of the Hagunemnon. This will let you grab (Ex) immunities of creatures that otherwise cannot breed, on the fly. For example, a Fang Golem's heal-by-cold-damage, or a Stone Colossus's AMF that won't interfere with your supernatural abilities. But it's one of the top 10 most powerful abilities in the game; use with caution. Search Google for Anthrowhale's ExFighter for more ideas on Alter Shape immunities.

XionUnborn01
2013-11-09, 12:25 PM
You said the apocalyptic template is from the Book of Templates, but the only one in there is given LA --

Are you being allowed to use non-PC templates or how is that applying?

Deox
2013-11-09, 12:47 PM
The funny thing, Truenamer 20 could trap and take you out, not to mention without using 3rd party.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 01:01 PM
Try breeding in the Alter Shape ability of the Hagunemnon. This will let you grab (Ex) immunities of creatures that otherwise cannot breed, on the fly. For example, a Fang Golem's heal-by-cold-damage, or a Stone Colossus's AMF that won't interfere with your supernatural abilities. But it's one of the top 10 most powerful abilities in the game; use with caution. Search Google for Anthrowhale's ExFighter for more ideas on Alter Shape immunities.

Actually, with amalegem, I can breed constructs. Variant augmentation allows me to do so without becoming a construct, and Degenerate allows me to breed only the traits I want through.

:D

You said the apocalyptic template is from the Book of Templates, but the only one in there is given LA --

Are you being allowed to use non-PC templates or how is that applying?

Please see "Variant augmentation"

The funny thing, Truenamer 20 could trap and take you out, not to mention without using 3rd party.

Isn't that an arcane caster class?

Muja
2013-11-09, 01:17 PM
Two things that must be mentioned:

It is not powergaming when third party materials are used that require no thought to be broken.
Having the ultimate defense means nothing when your enemy just watches you when you cant do anything meaningful for offense

Of course I might be wrong, but I reserve my right to hold these beliefs until a build is actually shown. Ultimately Pun Pun can still murder it, as could many many other Insane High Op characters.

My answer to this? Your character makes my character depressed, and she Iron Heart Surges them out of existance :smallbiggrin:

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 01:32 PM
Two things that must be mentioned:

It is not powergaming when third party materials are used that require no thought to be broken.
Having the ultimate defense means nothing when your enemy just watches you when you cant do anything meaningful for offense

Of course I might be wrong, but I reserve my right to hold these beliefs until a build is actually shown. Ultimately Pun Pun can still murder it, as could many many other Insane High Op characters.

My answer to this? Your character makes my character depressed, and she Iron Heart Surges them out of existance :smallbiggrin:

Currently is Lesser Aasimar with

Immunities

SQ’s

Amalgam/VA'd on. Gestalt 15 cleric/

After all of that is added, you add 70x half dragon templates of various Degenerated dragons, reducing the benefits and gaining you a net -3 LA per template. Calculated as per the Deluxe book of templates 3.5e. Keeping the stat boosts from 1/2d, the stats come out to look like this:

str: 1218
dex: 32
con: 345
Int: 135
Wis: 46
Cha: 135

The build isn't finished. That's the whole damn point that people are missing in this thread. I'm not trying to get you to kill the character, I'm trying to figure out what's left to be immune to.

Deox
2013-11-09, 01:32 PM
Isn't that an arcane caster class?

Actually, no. A Truenamer is not an arcane spellcasting class. In fact, it doesn't have any arcane/divine magic associated with it. The class has abilities to mimic some spells, but the act of using them aren't spells, nor arcane/divine in nature.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 01:33 PM
Actually, no. A Truenamer is not an arcane spellcasting class. In fact, it doesn't have any arcane/divine magic associated with it. The class has abilities to mimic some spells, but the act of using them aren't spells, nor arcane/divine in nature.

From what I recall, this class is considered unplayable, though. So I'm not too worried about coming across it.

Muja
2013-11-09, 01:37 PM
From what I recall, this class is considered unplayable, though. So I'm not too worried about coming across it.

its uplayable in that the skill checks involved are nearly broken. Its possible to optimize it to a point where you can play it, and at high levels the class can do some really broken things. Spamming Gate, for one.

Since your build seems to rely entirely on a 3rd part book that I believe isnt balanced at all, I will now refrain from posting here. I do hope you enjoy your gaming with your group, however :smalltongue:

Kazyan
2013-11-09, 01:49 PM
It appears you still need to breathe. If you get flung into the Negative Energy Plane or to the bottom of the ocean a vat of acid, you will suffocate.

EDIT: Noticed deep water adaptation.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 01:53 PM
It appears you still need to breathe. If you get flung into the Negative Energy Plane or to the bottom of the ocean a vat of acid, you will suffocate.

Yea, I made sure to take care of that one.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 01:57 PM

Immortal's benefits allow me to not have to breathe. JS.

Angelalex242
2013-11-09, 02:22 PM
Math Exercise:

Using the weight tables for exceptional strength, calculate just how much weight this guy can lift. Then calculate that vs. the weight of the moon, and the weight of planet earth.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 02:23 PM
Math Exercise:

Using the weight tables for exceptional strength, calculate just how much weight this guy can lift. Then calculate that vs. the weight of the moon, and the weight of planet earth.

It's almost 4 times Jupiter, from what I recall.

edit: As a light load, sorry.

asnys
2013-11-09, 02:26 PM
Math Exercise:

If I'm doing my math right, he can carry 4*10^43 suns and still be at light encumbrance.

Edit to Add: He can carry about 800,000,000,000,000,000,000 times the mass of the observable universe - and still be at light encumbrance.

Angelalex242
2013-11-09, 02:34 PM
"I pick up the universe."

GM:...What?

"And I'm only lightly encumbered."

GM:...WHAT?

"It's only a feather to me, really, I could pick up more universes then the national debt of the United States and be fine. "

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 02:54 PM
If I'm doing my math right, he can carry 4*10^43 suns and still be at light encumbrance.

Edit to Add: He can carry about 800,000,000,000,000,000,000 times the mass of the observable universe - and still be at light encumbrance.

I guess I won't have to worry about magic bags...

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 02:58 PM
Okay, so I updated it a little bit with some stuff I found in the ExFighter build, as well as just some more MM pourings.

Immunities
- Starvation, and thirst. Does not need to eat or sleep or breathe. (immortal template, +4 LA)
- Mind-affecting, Poison, Sleep(Spell), Paralysis, Stunning, Disease, Death Effects, Necromantic, Fort except objects, Critical Hits, Sneak Attacks, Subdual damage, Ability Damage, Ability Drain, Energy Drain, Death from Massive Damage (Keeper (ff), +15 LA)
- fatigue, exhaustion (construct immunities, +2 LA)
- Weapon damage/ bludgeoning (Zodar (ff), +2 LA)
- Blunt weapon immunity (Ocean giant, +2 LA)

SQ’s
- Healed 1d10 p/ spell level, neg energy (Flesh colossus, +2 LA)
- Heal 1hp p/ 5 sonic damage (Knell beetle, +2 LA)
- +Cha to saving throws, +cha to AC (Grimwierd +4)
- Antimagic field 100’ (Stone colossus +2 LA)
- Alter Shape (Hagunemnon, +2 LA)

masterjoda99
2013-11-09, 04:39 PM
What about the "death by awesome" thing I remember reading about years ago, where someone who gets too many temp hp from positive energy (which I don't see on the list of immunities, though that could just be a failed spot check on my part) explodes?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 04:41 PM
What about the "death by awesome" thing I remember reading about years ago, where someone who gets too many temp hp from positive energy (which I don't see on the list of immunities, though that could just be a failed spot check on my part) explodes?

And how would I be obtaining this temp hp?

asnys
2013-11-09, 04:44 PM

Being on the positive energy plane - or within a positive energy planar bubble - would do it. Might be other ways I don't know of.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 04:45 PM
Being on the positive energy plane - or within a positive energy planar bubble - would do it. Might be other ways I don't know of.

How would you get me there?

jindra34
2013-11-09, 04:45 PM
Ending up on the Positive Energy Plane for too long (which if you somehow did end up there with your whole list of immunities would likely be the case). It does require a fort save, but eventually you would fail...

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 04:46 PM
Ending up on the Positive Energy Plane for too long (which if you somehow did end up there with your whole list of immunities would likely be the case). It does require a fort save, but eventually you would fail...

And again, I ask, how would you get me there?

masterjoda99
2013-11-09, 04:59 PM
By summoning a Vivacious (See Planar Handbook) creature and putting it near you. I believe Vivacious creatures are also incorporeal, as an fyi.

asnys
2013-11-09, 05:01 PM
How would you get me there?

By putting a McGuffin on the Positive Energy Plane that you need to retrieve.

Or planar bubble, but I think your magic immunity might take care of that. Not sure if that allows spell resistance or not.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:03 PM
By summoning a Vivacious (See Planar Handbook) creature and putting it near you. I believe Vivacious creatures are also incorporeal, as an fyi.

Immunities
- Starvation, and thirst. Does not need to eat or sleep or breathe. (immortal template, +4 LA)
- Mind-affecting, Poison, Sleep(Spell), Paralysis, Stunning, Disease, Death Effects, Necromantic, Fort except objects, Critical Hits, Sneak Attacks, Subdual damage, Ability Damage, Ability Drain, Energy Drain, Death from Massive Damage (Keeper (ff), +15 LA)

SQ’s
- Healed 1d10 p/ spell level, neg energy (Flesh colossus, +2 LA)
- Positive adaptation (as Vivacious Template, +2 LA)

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:05 PM
By putting a McGuffin on the Positive Energy Plane that you need to retrieve.

Or planar bubble, but I think your magic immunity might take care of that. Not sure if that allows spell resistance or not.

My magical immunity is all magic, not just spells that allow SR.

asnys
2013-11-09, 05:11 PM
My magical immunity is all magic, not just spells that allow SR.

I'm curious, can you lower your immunity to receive beneficial spells?

masterjoda99
2013-11-09, 05:15 PM
Well, my one idea so far has now been neutralized. That said, I would like to see the full build as it currently is, even if it's not "quite" complete yet, since I managed to procure the book of templates of which you speak.

If you don't want to post it into this thread, even just a Private Message would be much liked and appreciated.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:15 PM
I'm curious, can you lower your immunity to receive beneficial spells?

I've been looking into a way to do so, but as of this moment I cannot. I don't really know what I'd need to let through, though.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:18 PM
Well, my one idea so far has now been neutralized. That said, I would like to see the full build as it currently is, even if it's not "quite" complete yet, since I managed to procure the book of templates of which you speak.

If you don't want to post it into this thread, even just a Private Message would be much liked and appreciated.

Actually, I've been wanting to explain this build to someone, so I'll send it to you. Hold on. It's not actually done yet, but the people I've discussed it with over skype seem to enjoy it.

asnys
2013-11-09, 05:19 PM
I've been looking into a way to do so, but as of this moment I cannot. I don't really know what I'd need to let through, though.

Teleport and plane shift are the most obvious ones. Being immune to everything is great, but it's going to suck if you have to walk all the way to your enemy's castle on the moon. Maybe you could use the gate spell?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:22 PM
Teleport and plane shift are the most obvious ones. Being immune to everything is great, but it's going to suck if you have to walk all the way to your enemy's castle on the moon. Maybe you could use the gate spell?

Hm. That's true.

Considering I can cast them, I'd probably just make myself a ship, and then get in it, and then cast the spell on the ship. And then put the ship back in my backpack.

asnys
2013-11-09, 05:25 PM
Hm. That's true.

Considering I can cast them, I'd probably just make myself a ship, and then get in it, and then cast the spell on the ship. And then put the ship back in my backpack.

The spell might move the ship but leave you behind. Can't say without knowing the text of your version of magic immunity.

There is a price to power, after all.

You might have more look with portals, depending on how the text is worded, but those tend to be expensive and time-consuming to build.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:27 PM
The spell might move the ship but leave you behind. Can't say without knowing the text of your version of magic immunity.

There is a price to power, after all.

You might have more look with portals, depending on how the text is worded, but those tend to be expensive and time-consuming to build.

I mean, my character just kind of hovers around, so If I have to waltz right through the Bad guy's lair, I doubt she'd have much of an issue.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 05:30 PM
Didt you say your typing was a construct?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:31 PM
Didt you say your typing was a construct?

Nope. My typing is humanoid (extraplanar).

asnys
2013-11-09, 05:33 PM
I mean, my character just kind of hovers around, so If I have to waltz right through the Bad guy's lair, I doubt she'd have much of an issue.

But you have to get there before you can waltz through it. And what happens if the BBEG is on another plane? Or sealed up underground, accessible only through teleport? I suppose in the latter case you could excavate a tunnel to his redoubt - or grab the Mineral Warrior template for earth glide - but in the former you're out of luck.

Also, how many of your powers and immunities derive from (Su) or (Sp) qualities? How will that interact with your magic immunity?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:36 PM
But you have to get there before you can waltz through it. And what happens if the BBEG is on another plane? Or sealed up underground, accessible only through teleport? I suppose in the latter case you could excavate a tunnel to his redoubt - or grab the Mineral Warrior template for earth glide - but in the former you're out of luck.

Also, how many of your powers and immunities derive from (Su) or (Sp) qualities? How will that interact with your magic immunity?

A lot of my powers (and all of my immunities) are (ex), aside from my spellcasting which is standard. I don't really know why I have spellcasting, because I have the 100' antimagic aura, that only allows me to use supernatural effects.

asnys
2013-11-09, 05:40 PM
A lot of my powers (and all of my immunities) are (ex), aside from my spellcasting which is standard. I don't really know why I have spellcasting, because I have the 100' antimagic aura, that only allows me to use supernatural effects.

There's some feat - I think it's called Chosen of Mystra, but I don't have the book it's in; I've just heard about it - that lets you cast in an antimagic field. I'm pretty sure there are other ways to get around that as well. Might be worth grabbing one of those.

Also would be a good idea to get immunity to divination if your magic immunity doesn't cover that.

Deox
2013-11-09, 05:40 PM

It's not unplayable by any means, it just takes more optimization to make it effective.

That being said, being able to spam 1 minute duration gates, the ability to trap you or prevent you from entering/leaving a specified area, and affecting you with things that have no save and aren't magic, you're still shut down.

The best way to combat it would be to prevent them from speaking, but that only imposes a 20% chance of failure.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:43 PM
It's not unplayable by any means, it just takes more optimization to make it effective.

That being said, being able to spam 1 minute duration gates, the ability to trap you or prevent you from entering/leaving a specified area, and affecting you with things that have no save and aren't magic, you're still shut down.

The best way to combat it would be to prevent them from speaking, but that only imposes a 20% chance of failure.

I mean, I'm pretty sure I've already touched base on this.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 05:45 PM
There's some feat - I think it's called Chosen of Mystra, but I don't have the book it's in; I've just heard about it - that lets you cast in an antimagic field. I'm pretty sure there are other ways to get around that as well. Might be worth grabbing one of those.

Also would be a good idea to get immunity to divination if your magic immunity doesn't cover that.

My magic immunity covers all magic. It's just "immunity to magical and supernatural effects". And my DM has ruled that as "Immune to magic, and supernatural effects". Please see "Adamantine golem".

That feat though... I might need that.

asnys
2013-11-09, 05:57 PM
My magic immunity covers all magic. It's just "immunity to magical and supernatural effects". And my DM has ruled that as "Immune to magic, and supernatural effects". Please see "Adamantine golem".

That feat though... I might need that.

Are you immune to somebody scrying on one of your belongings? What about a spell that targets the caster instead of the person it's gathering info on - e.g., contact other plane?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:02 PM
Are you immune to somebody scrying on one of your belongings? What about a spell that targets the caster instead of the person it's gathering info on - e.g., contact other plane?

Well, the only belongings the character has is a fullblade and a cursed item.
If they want to scry the sword, they can, that's no big deal.

From what I recall, the cloak actually gives immunity to scrying, and cannot be scryed in any way. The person who attempts to has to make a will save or be subjected to the "nightmare" spell as by my CL (which, in this case, is pretty damn high when I toss on a feat or two. I'm already casting epic at 15 without the feats ^-^).

asnys
2013-11-09, 06:06 PM
Well, the only belongings the character has is a fullblade and a cursed item.
If they want to scry the sword, they can, that's no big deal.

They could possibly use that to locate you, is what I'm getting at. There's a template - Vecna-blooded, maybe? It's another one I've heard of but don't own the book. Anyway, it apparently gives full immunity to divination effects.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:07 PM
They could possibly use that to locate you, is what I'm getting at. There's a template - Vecna-blooded, maybe? It's another one I've heard of but don't own the book. Anyway, it apparently gives full immunity to divination effects.

Guess I have some stuff to look into tonight~!

Thanks man, It's awesome that people are doing more than just criticizing the build. I feel like this will help make Hilda even more brutal.

Irk
2013-11-09, 06:12 PM
wait, just a question. What does immunity to time consist of? like, you still take actions when someone time stops, or what? Not hostile, just curious about it. I couldn't find it in the time dragon entry.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:13 PM
wait, just a question. What does immunity to time consist of? like, you still take actions when someone time stops, or what? Not hostile, just curious about it. I couldn't find it in the time dragon entry.

You can also look into the "time" golem.

It's immunity to chronomancy (which is technically not magic, I guess?) and things that would rapidly age or vary my character's age at all (i.e. Time dragon's breath weapon...)

Irk
2013-11-09, 06:15 PM
Ok, I was going to say a planar bubble with the faster time trait, as that would arguably circumvent timeless body, but you've got that. Lets see if I can come up with something. I'l try, at least.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:17 PM
Ok, I was going to say a planar bubble with the faster time trait, as that would arguably circumvent timeless body, but you've got that. Lets see if I can come up with something. I'l try, at least.

I'd love it if you'd give it your best shot :smallbiggrin: I know I'm going to.

Irk
2013-11-09, 06:21 PM
Really important: is anything a supernatural or spell like ability?
If so, what?
If not, why?

EDIT: can we use epic magic?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:23 PM
Really important: is anything a supernatural or spell like ability?
If so, what?
If not, why?

I know that a few of them are, but I'd have to check.

Most of them are (ex), simply because nothing is immune to them, and I'm immune to magical, supernatural, and psionic effects.

edit: I have casting if that counts. Real casting. And no s-l abilities.

Boci
2013-11-09, 06:23 PM
So how do you imagine a game session going? What are you going to do? What challenges will you face? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just interested, since this game clearly won't resemble any standard D&D experience.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:27 PM
So how do you imagine a game session going? What are you going to do? What challenges will you face? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just interested, since this game clearly won't resemble any standard D&D experience.

Well, my gaming party consists of younger players (The oldest is our dracolich, at 20), so our games consist of more RP encounters than anything else. I mean, what would happen if five unkillable creatures got together? The sessions are filled with emotions and the combat takes AGES. If we get into real fights, the monsters are as strong as (or stronger than) we are. The characters are made to a ridiculous standard thanks to me, so the focus is much less on combat and more on solving mystery, or unraveling plots that encompass the entire dimension.

Boci
2013-11-09, 06:30 PM
Well, my gaming party consists of younger players (The oldest is our dracolich, at 20), so our games consist of more RP encounters than anything else. I mean, what would happen if five unkillable creatures got together? The sessions are filled with emotions and the combat takes AGES. If we get into real fights, the monsters are as strong as (or stronger than) we are. The characters are made to a ridiculous standard thanks to me, so the focus is much less on combat and more on solving mystery, or unraveling plots that encompass the entire dimension.

Sounds interesting. I do wonder how well 3.5 is suited for this, but its not the worst system for such a game. Have you or your group played such a game before?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:31 PM
Sounds interesting. I do wonder how well 3.5 is suited for this, but its not the worst system for such a game. Have you or your group played such a game before?

Uh... This is all in 3.5

Boci
2013-11-09, 06:35 PM
Uh... This is all in 3.5

I know. I was saying I was not too sure 3.5 was the best system for such high powered characters, but you could do worse system-wise.

Muja
2013-11-09, 06:36 PM
Uh... This is all in 3.5

I think the point they were making is that what you enjoy in a game might not fit into how 3.5 works exactly. Why do you desire to be this immune to everything, this powerful? Normally I would suggest playing Exalted or Gurps instead, but people seem to despise those games if they are fanatics for Dungeons and Dragons (Not that you are, just that this level of optimization leans towards that philosophy)

EDIT: Sorta Swordsage'd xD

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-09, 06:37 PM

There is no such ability in the Time Dragon's entry.

---
For something using pretty crappy third party sources this really isn't anything special. Just using official 3.5 sources and without touching Manipulate Form you can do better than this, and do it with a lower ECL.

Oh yeah, permanently disabling and then killing you really isn't that hard.

I mean you don't even have outright immunity to HP damage.

Irk
2013-11-09, 06:39 PM
according to his list he has regen then immunity to subdual, and immunity to magic, and everything.

Tippy, I was thinking of you, and why not just Ice assassin, and then they just fight forever?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:43 PM
There is no such ability in the Time Dragon's entry.

---
For something using pretty crappy third party sources this really isn't anything special. Just using official 3.5 sources and without touching Manipulate Form you can do better than this, and do it with a lower ECL.

Oh yeah, permanently disabling and then killing you really isn't that hard.

I mean you don't even have outright immunity to HP damage.

Oh look, a scrub.

I think the point they were making is that what you enjoy in a game might not fit into how 3.5 works exactly. Why do you desire to be this immune to everything, this powerful? Normally I would suggest playing Exalted or Gurps instead, but people seem to despise those games if they are fanatics for Dungeons and Dragons (Not that you are, just that this level of optimization leans towards that philosophy)

EDIT: Sorta Swordsage'd xD

I dunno. I really like d&d (I've been playing since I was five), and I can't really find the time to learn another game like it. I made this character named Aeon, who became a god, and killed every other member of the pantheon (Including the supreme "god" in the monotheistic pantheon). She led me and the party that I played with to strive to create the best that we could with the resources we had. All of the characters are totally developed, and have backstories and personalities, so it's not like I made the character and then didn't look past the stats. I know I can do what I want with D&D, so why find a different game?

Irk
2013-11-09, 06:46 PM
dude, don't call Tippy a scrub. He's one of the best player/DMs I've seen frequenting these forums, and that's pretty disrespectful. Tippy probably just didn't see it.

Muja
2013-11-09, 06:47 PM
I dunno. I really like d&d (I've been playing since I was five), and I can't really find the time to learn another game like it. I made this character named Aeon, who became a god, and killed every other member of the pantheon (Including the supreme "god" in the monotheistic pantheon). She led me and the party that I played with to strive to create the best that we could with the resources we had. All of the characters are totally developed, and have backstories and personalities, so it's not like I made the character and then didn't look past the stats. I know I can do what I want with D&D, so why find a different game?

Eh if this is roleplay focused and the party is okay with it, more power to ya. I would love to see what this abomination would LOOK like, given its bastard heritage and all the type changes it went through to get where it is now. Just be sure to avoid being a God-Sue, nobody likes a cosmic di Power measuring contest

Boci
2013-11-09, 06:47 PM
I know I can do what I want with D&D, so why find a different game?

Because there could be a game that does what you want better? Don't get me wrong, I understand the sentiment and there are more RPGs than anyone have time to learn, but if you ever get the chance it couldn't hurt to try.

Irk
2013-11-09, 06:49 PM
What if someone makes an ice assassin of your character? then you just have to fight it out forever, effectively removing your character from the stage.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 06:50 PM
dude, don't call Tippy a scrub. He's one of the best player/DMs I've seen frequenting these forums, and that's pretty disrespectful. Tippy probably just didn't see it.

Seconding this, Tippy will help anyone with anything. So far everyone has been civil and helpful, dont change that. Especially poking a fight with a much superior gamer....(Meaning tippy, not me mind you)

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:51 PM
Because there could be a game that does what you want better? Don't get me wrong, I understand the sentiment and there are more RPGs than anyone have time to learn, but if you ever get the chance it couldn't hurt to try.

Yea, that's true I suppose. I've looked into other ones (The call of Cthulhu one, mainly), but I just don't get the same out of them as I do d&d. I dunno, maybe it's just because it's what I grew up with, but d&d is d&d, and I've yet to find something that I can do as much with.

Eh if this is roleplay focused and the party is okay with it, more power to ya. I would love to see what this abomination would LOOK like, given its bastard heritage and all the type changes it went through to get where it is now. Just be sure to avoid being a God-Sue, nobody likes a cosmic di Power measuring contest

Well, I'd have to find it, but there's a table that says if you have higher that 60+ CHA, you can pretty much dictate what your character looks like. So even with the ungodly breeding that had to take place, I've decided to make the character look like the Night hag from NWN:WW. Hence the name "Hilda the Grey".

(It's pretty much just a humanoid female in a red gown with pale skin and white hair and eyes)

Irk
2013-11-09, 06:53 PM
What if someone iron heart surges you out of existence?

oh, what are your saves?
If you autopass them, how?
Can you fail a save?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:54 PM
What if someone makes an ice assassin of your character? then you just have to fight it out forever, effectively removing your character from the stage.

Well, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be able to kill me if it tried, and since I'm immune to the whole "magic" thing, I'm not sure if you could even make an IA of me. Plus, the casting time is 8 hours, so if Hilda found out about that (assuming she could), I'd imagine she'd go out on her own and try to stop it. Sure, quickling template makes that a useless idea, but without that....

And I could simply just ignore it. I mean... I can't hurt me.

Irk
2013-11-09, 06:56 PM
You can do teh ice assassin ons someone immune to amgic.
what if it just stands n your way?
always.
Everywhere you go.
That would be extremely obnoxious, but you would not be able to do anything

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 06:58 PM

oh, what are your saves?
If you autopass them, how?
Can you fail a save?

Iron Heart Surge
Iron Heart
Level: Warblade 3
Prerequisite: One Iron Heart maneuver
Initiation Action: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: See text

By drawing on your mental strength and physical fortitude, you break free of a debilitating state that might otherwise defeat you.

Your fighting spirit, dedication, and training allow you to overcome almost anything to defeat your enemies. When you use this maneuver, select one spell, effect, or other condition currently affecting you and with a duration of 1 or more rounds. That effect ends immediately. You also surge with confidence and vengeance against your enemies, gaining a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

I fail to see how that would help you.

My saves. I'd have to check the exact number, but we've already been over the fact that they can be failed, even if I'm working on changing that.

Boci
2013-11-09, 06:58 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be able to kill me if it tried, and since I'm immune to the whole "magic" thing, I'm not sure if you could even make an IA of me. Plus, the casting time is 8 hours, so if Hilda found out about that (assuming she could), I'd imagine she'd go out on her own and try to stop it. Sure, quickling template makes that a useless idea, but without that....

And I could simply just ignore it. I mean... I can't hurt me.

I think ice assassin could work. It requires a piece of your body, which is the tricky bit, but once they have it, it is no longer immune to magic like you are (although IA may still target you, I'll check). As for just ignoring it, there are the RP implications of having a replica of you following you around constantly trying to kill you.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 06:59 PM

Iron Heart surge, gate, Legacy weapons, ice assassin, any immortal (Lets go imp for the lolz) who has had festering anger for lets say 20000 years throwing a light load at him, using the crusader d2 trick, im sure theres more

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:00 PM
I think ice assassin could work. It requires a piece of your body, which is the tricky bit, but once they have it, it is no longer immune to magic like you are (although IA may still target you, I'll check). As for just ignoring it, there are the RP implications of having a replica of you following you around constantly trying to kill you.

OH! I KNOW HOW TO GET PAST THAT PIECE OF BODY.

BRB TRAIT HUNTING.

Irk
2013-11-09, 07:01 PM
well he's immune o damage, so no d2in'

@ OP, the iron heart surge is a joke. Your character bothers me. I remove that condition with iron heart surge, thus removing you. We shouldn't start this argument, though. For the purposes of this thread, I meant it as a joke.

Muja
2013-11-09, 07:02 PM
1) there is no mention of that 60+ Charisma rule in dnd, so unless its 3rd party I would check your references. Mostly because ability scores arent supernatural, no matter how rediculously high they get :smallbiggrin: Granted if you have that high of a Charisma I dont think anyone would mind. Mostly its that you have 2 golem arms, and such mixed blood that you must look like a Hindi God

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:04 PM
1) there is no mention of that 60+ Charisma rule in dnd, so unless its 3rd party I would check your references. Mostly because ability scores arent supernatural, no matter how rediculously high they get :smallbiggrin: Granted if you have that high of a Charisma I dont think anyone would mind. Mostly its that you have 2 golem arms, and such mixed blood that you must look like a Hindi God

It was 3rd party, yes. Was in one of the race guides I acquired in an index torrent.

And no, the golem is bred in, so no big unwieldy parts. Hilda is the grace of the party, sadly, so I have to try and keep her looking somewhat presentable.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 07:04 PM
I mean the reason were telling him how to kill him is so he can see his weakness's and shore them up. The immune ti magic leaves glaring holes in you, permenant emantion AMF which doesnt affect you would make you stronger

And how are you a humanoid with 300 templates

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:05 PM
I mean the reason were telling him how to kill him is so he can see his weakness's and shore them up. The immune ti magic leaves glaring holes in you, permenant emantion AMF which doesnt affect you would make you stronger

And how are you a humanoid with 300 templates

VA amalgem ^-^

And I have that, as well.

Irk
2013-11-09, 07:11 PM
Ok I got it.

1. summon component spell, first level. Piece of hilga's hair (not affecting you, just conjured up)

2. Ice assassin of hilga

3. True mind switch into an imp

4. Possess your character via BoVD rules

5. control your character via BoVD possession rules

6. game over

notes: immunity to possession can be acquired by protection from evil. Unfortunately, that can be dispelled. I dunno how you're gonna get around this one, but I'm sure there's a template somewhere.

EDIT: if you can get a 'similar effect' to protection from evil, you'll be good. But it'll have to be Ex somehow.

Muja
2013-11-09, 07:12 PM
It was 3rd party, yes. Was in one of the race guides I acquired in an index torrent.

And no, the golem is bred in, so no big unwieldy parts. Hilda is the grace of the party, sadly, so I have to try and keep her looking somewhat presentable.

I understand mechinaclly how you could do this, but how can you justify BREEDING in abilities for Half-Golem? Thats like saying My father was an amputee, so Im born without the use of my right arm :smallsigh:

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:13 PM
I understand mechinaclly how you could do this, but how can you justify BREEDING in abilities for Half-Golem? Thats like saying My father was an amputee, so Im born without the use of my right arm :smallsigh:

I'm actually using Variant Augmentation to pick those individual properties from the templates. As per the description.

Ok I got it.

1. summon component spell, first level. Piece of hilga's hair (not affecting you, just conjured up)

2. Ice assassin of hilga

6. game over

notes: immunity to possession can be acquired by protection from evil. Unfortunately, that can be dispelled. I dunno how you're gonna get around this one, but I'm sure there's a template somewhere.

I'll see if I can figure this one out before I go to bed.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 07:16 PM

Its 3rd part, 3rd party is madness

Muja
2013-11-09, 07:17 PM
I'm actually using Variant Augmentation to pick those individual properties from the templates. As per the description.

Since I dont have the book, could you explain to me what that does? In terms of how it makes sense in-universe, what does it do?

Also Another way to kill this person: Have a portal to the Astral plane, get her into it one way or another (Close off any exits besides the portal? In the Deep Underdark for that Radiation effect?), then cut the astral cord the player has with a Githyanki Silver Sword

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:20 PM
Since I dont have the book, could you explain to me what that does? In terms of how it makes sense in-universe, what does it do?

Also Another way to kill this person: Have a portal to the Astral plane, get her into it one way or another (Close off any exits besides the portal? In the Deep Underdark for that Radiation effect?), then cut the astral cord the player has with a Githyanki Silver Sword

VA lets you take bits and pieces of templates and apply them individually. I don't really know what the justification is, though.

(All the good stuff, none of the bad!)

Have we even confirmed I can travel through portals yet?

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:23 PM
Ok I got it.

2. Ice assassin of hilga

6. game over

EDIT: if you can get a 'similar effect' to protection from evil, you'll be good. But it'll have to be Ex somehow.

But to acquire my hair, wouldn't use magic to do so? If my hair is a part of me, wouldn't my hair also be immune to magic?

Muja
2013-11-09, 07:24 PM
VA lets you take bits and pieces of templates and apply them individually. I don't really know what the justification is, though.

(All the good stuff, none of the bad!)

Have we even confirmed I can travel through portals yet?

Sooo VA basically has zero justification in-game? I'm very surprised this is allowed in any game that isnt Epic Tristalt Missle Tag games. Mostly this is just me being a stickler for following fluff for templates, and explaining how someone exists beyond SCIENCE/MAGIC.

Also Portals are stationary Gates essentially, and effect you as much as a door effects you for walking through it. Now in this situation Its as simple as Wishing up some Dancing Silver Swords, chucking them in, getting your girl to go in one way or another, then closing the portal

EDIT: If you wanna be technical hair falls out as people live. Summon up fallen hair. Unless a template makes you immune to THAT xD

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 07:26 PM
If all your gonna do is RP, just say you cant be killed by anything ever. You have infinite everything, your god of gods, blah blah blah

I mean whats the point in playing this next to basic built PC's? Just have the dm rule your all unkillable by any means anyone ever thought of at any time

Muja
2013-11-09, 07:28 PM
If all your gonna do is RP, just say you cant be killed by anything ever. You have infinite everything, your god of gods, blah blah blah

I mean whats the point in playing this next to basic built PC's? Just have the dm rule your all unkillable by any means anyone ever thought of at any time

Honestly I think this is simply a mental exercise using 3rd party material, and the DM will assume its exactly that

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:28 PM
Sooo VA basically has zero justification in-game? I'm very surprised this is allowed in any game that isnt Epic Tristalt Missle Tag games. Mostly this is just me being a stickler for following fluff for templates, and explaining how someone exists beyond SCIENCE/MAGIC.

Also Portals are stationary Gates essentially, and effect you as much as a door effects you for walking through it. Now in this situation Its as simple as Wishing up some Dancing Silver Swords, chucking them in, getting your girl to go in one way or another, then closing the portal

EDIT: If you wanna be technical hair falls out as people live. Summon up fallen hair. Unless a template makes you immune to THAT xD

Hm... No, no real justification.

I think you can chuck this up to a "You can't make me go through that portal". Because, let's be real, who can really do that? Plus, doesn't the portal wink out in my antimagic?

Secondly, we're back to my point of "Well if my hair is a part of me, isn't it immune to magic too?", meaning that spell still couldn't grab it.

And with vecna-blooded, no one would have any reason to look for my hair.

Irk
2013-11-09, 07:29 PM
no, it doesn't affect your hair, it just summons a copy

if that's a problem, someone could just yank some out too.

Honestly, just get an Ex protection from evil, and you'll be good. I'm just not sure how.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:29 PM

The entire party is being built to the standards of this character. Basic built pc's are kind of a joke to some of the players in this group.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 07:30 PM
Honestly I think this is simply a mental exercise using 3rd party material, and the DM will assume its exactly that

We needed this much template for him to show a menal excercise? I can put him against the emerald legion and watch them win using official stuff and not questionable tactics.

Muja
2013-11-09, 07:31 PM
Hm... No, no real justification.

I think you can chuck this up to a "You can't make me go through that portal". Because, let's be real, who can really do that? Plus, doesn't the portal wink out in my antimagic?

Portals are artifacts, and therefore immune to antimagic fields. Its effects arent targeting you, therefore work. And the reason to go into that portal is that there is no way to leave otherwise. Lets assume worst-case scenerio. Adamantine Walls srrounded by Lead Walls surrounded by Force Walls, etcetc

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:32 PM
no, it doesn't affect your hair, it just summons a copy

if that's a problem, someone could just yank some out too.

Honestly, just get an Ex protection from evil, and you'll be good. I'm just not sure how.

Someone yanking out my hair would die. Or as close to death as I could inflict before they could move away from me.

And no, the spell says it gives the component needed. That spell requires a piece of that PC's hair. Not a copy, but an actual piece.

And who's not to argue that if the hair is immune to magic, that it'd be unfit to use in a spell, as a component to be eaten away by *magic*.

Irk
2013-11-09, 07:32 PM
yah your right.
here we go.

just an epic character with ignore material components

Ice assasin

true mind switch with an imp

possess

done

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:33 PM
Portals are artifacts, and therefore immune to antimagic fields. Its effects arent targeting you, therefore work. And the reason to go into that portal is that there is no way to leave otherwise. Lets assume worst-case scenerio. Adamantine Walls srrounded by Lead Walls surrounded by Force Walls, etcetc

BRB dipping barbarian to get ruinous rage and ignore the hardness of those walls. You cannot contain me, summoner.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:34 PM
Actually, here we go.

just an epic character with ignore material components/ someone who yanks out your hair then teleports to a demiplane

Ice assasin

true mind switch with an imp

possess

done

I cast the antimagic as an epic caster, thus effecting the epic magic. So have fun 'portin' away. Besides, why the hell would an epic caster come to kill a level 15?

Muja
2013-11-09, 07:36 PM
BRB dipping barbarian to get ruinous rage and ignore the hardness of those walls. You cannot contain me, summoner.

Force Wall is Immune to all damage, so that doesnt help much :smallwink: And given the power level I'd assume having them being permanent wouldn't be insane at this point

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:37 PM
Force Wall is Immune to all damage, so that doesnt help much :smallwink: And given the power level I'd assume having them being permanent wouldn't be insane at this point

I'm immune force effects, my friend.

And Wall of force can be bypassed with an escape artist check.

And level 15 is not that high. It's not even epic.

Muja
2013-11-09, 07:39 PM
I'm immune force effects, my friend.

And Wall of force can be bypassed with an escape artist check.

And level 15 is not that high. It's not even epic.

The wall of force isnt 'effecting you', it is its own construct. You are attacking it, that doesnt make it vanish.

And please tell me where it says you can use that skill to bypass a solid construction of invulnerable force?

EDIT: ANd punpun is level 3-8, are you saying he is not epic powered?

Irk
2013-11-09, 07:40 PM
Sorry, I edited too late

Here's what I meant:

epic caster with ignore material components

ice assassin

true mind switch into imp

possess

control

as for reason, I'm just here to provide examples of something your DM might throw at you. Why is up to them, it's just a weakness I'm trying to point out.

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-09, 07:42 PM
Oh look, a scrub.
Oh look I just Wished a creature with Permanent Emanation: Planar Bubble for a demiplane where one round is a hundred trillion trillion trillion years on the material plane. By the time you get to act to kill the creature, the heat death of the universe has already occurred.

Oh look I just Wished a creature next to you that has a readied action to Iron Heart Surge your AMF away before I used a Maximized Time Stop, Wished myself right next to you, pulled out my portable hole, dumped it over your head, and then threw a portable hole in with you.

Oh look I just Wished a Psion 9/ Factotum 11 next to you and had him Iron Heart Surge your AMF away before using Cunning Breach and Trait Removal as a power (via Psychic Chiguery from a Spell to Power Erudite) to rip off your Regeneration and various other immunities. And because I was fun I used Epic Spellcasting to get the psion an Instantaneous enhancement bonus to Intelligence of one hundred thousand.

Although if I really wanted to, I don't need to use Epic Spellcasting. I can get minions with an Int score of a hundred trillion trillion trillion completely RAW legally.

---
Seriously, you are using third party materials and really aren't doing anything special. I made a gestalt character for an ECL 20 game the other day that was immune to most everything you have listed as an after thought. Completely rules legal and pretty much superior to this thing.

Hell, any Psion with Ice Assassin as a power known (gained via Psychic Chiguery from a Spell to Power Erudite) can do this better than you can. Picking up every single ability from every single class and monster in the entire game really is not that hard.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:42 PM
The wall of force isnt 'effecting you', it is its own construct. You are attacking it, that doesnt make it vanish.

And please tell me where it says you can use that skill to bypass a solid construction of invulnerable force?

EDIT: ANd punpun is level 3-8, are you saying he is not epic powered?

Punpun is a whole different story, far more powerful than what I'm creating here. Besides, punpun is outlawed, so he doesn't worry me.

And in epic skills, it says that an escape artist check can be made to bypass walls of force.

Irk
2013-11-09, 07:45 PM
lol, Tippy I just spent all this time trying to circumvent the immunities with obscure possession rules, and then you just name a million off the top of you head. My favorite part is the standardized use of 'a hundred trillion trillion trillion'.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:47 PM
Oh look I just Wished a creature with Permanent Emanation: Planar Bubble for a demiplane where one round is a hundred trillion trillion trillion years on the material plane. By the time you get to act to kill the creature, the heat death of the universe has already occurred.

Oh look I just Wished a creature next to you that has a readied action to Iron Heart Surge your AMF away before I used a Maximized Time Stop, Wished myself right next to you, pulled out my portable hole, dumped it over your head, and then threw a portable hole in with you.

Oh look I just Wished a Psion 9/ Factotum 11 next to you and had him Iron Heart Surge your AMF away before using Cunning Breach and Trait Removal as a power (via Psychic Chiguery from a Spell to Power Erudite) to rip off your Regeneration and various other immunities. And because I was fun I used Epic Spellcasting to get the psion an Instantaneous enhancement bonus to Intelligence of one hundred thousand.

Although if I really wanted to, I don't need to use Epic Spellcasting. I can get minions with an Int score of a hundred trillion trillion trillion completely RAW legally.

---
Seriously, you are using third party materials and really aren't doing anything special. I made a gestalt character for an ECL 20 game the other day that was immune to most everything you have listed as an after thought. Completely rules legal and pretty much superior to this thing.

Hell, any Psion with Ice Assassin as a power known (gained via Psychic Chiguery from a Spell to Power Erudite) can do this better than you can. Picking up every single ability from every single class and monster in the entire game really is not that hard.

Assuming by "power" you mean "psionics", I'm immune to that.

The first two, sure. Assuming you can find me.

I have no desire to get every ability from every class and monster, I just wanted help on making this thing unkillable. That's what I asked for: Help. Not your scrubbery. At the expense of maybe people on this forum hating me because I don't want to deal with you, The door is over there, please see to it that it doesn't hit you on the way out. I have a character to work on.

jindra34
2013-11-09, 07:48 PM
lol, Tippy I just spent all this time trying to circumvent the immunities with obscure possession rules, and then you just name a million off the top of you head.

You forgot that Tippy most definitely=WIN. And there is no such thing as a 'fair' price for Immunity to Tippy.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 07:51 PM

---

Tippy=Win :smallwink:

Muja

I have no desire to get every ability from every class and monster, I just wanted help on making this thing unkillable. That's what I asked for: Help. Not your scrubbery. At the expense of maybe people on this forum hating me because I don't want to deal with you, The door is over there, please see to it that it doesn't hit you on the way out. I have a character to work on.

Your condescending attitude is partially why it seems like people are being 'scrubs' in your eyes. Being a unkillable god is easy in Dnd, any smuck can do it if they want to. Using these obviously broken 3rd party rules and making what, in my opinion, is a super special snowflake, makes this character pretty much trash across the board.

My solution to this character? Lady of Pain/Ao, Over diety insta death. Justification? You yourself said this characters backstory involves killing all the other deities. Thats a BIG nono, and the universe is now falling apart

ALSO Tippy Equals Win :smallbiggrin:

Irk
@OP, I'm just going to write the things that people have mentioned that are still weaknesses, for your convenience

-possession
-wishing creatures next to you (you don't have to know where the hilga is, you just need to wish for the transportation there)
-iron heart surging your AMF
-portable hole + portable hole

@Tippy, he got power immunity too, through a golem or something I think

Also, I can only take credit for the first weakness, all the others were Tippy, because, as many have mentioned, Tippy = win

EDIT: wow, four tippy wins in a row.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:53 PM
Your condescending attitude is partially why it seems like people are being 'scrubs' in your eyes. Being a unkillable god is easy in Dnd, any smuck can do it if they want to. Using these obviously broken 3rd party rules and making what, in my opinion, is a super special snowflake, makes this character pretty much trash across the board.

My solution to this character? Lady of Pain/Ao, Over diety insta death. Justification? You yourself said this characters backstory involves killing all the other deities. Thats a BIG nono, and the universe is now falling apart

I certainly said that was Aeon who did such a thing. And we've already figured out that Divine Salient abilities kill this thing. That was like... what... page 2?

And if you don't want to partake, you're free to leave with Tippy. I'm truly not interested.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 07:54 PM
@OP, I'm just going to write the things that people have mentioned that are still weaknesses, for your convenience

-possession
-wishing creatures next to you (you don't have to know where the hilga is, you just need to wish for the transportation there)

Also, I can only take credit for the first weakness, all the others were Tippy, because, as many have mentioned, Tippy = win

3.0 Golem

Basically cherry picked 3.0 and 3.5 rules and 3rd sources until he had what he wanted.....Yay hes so special

Irk
2013-11-09, 07:54 PM
Again, bear, there's the list of things you need to get immunity to.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 07:55 PM
Again, bear, there's the list of things you need to get immunity to.

I'll get to work! Danke.

Muja
2013-11-09, 07:57 PM
And if you don't want to partake, you're free to leave with Tippy. I'm truly not interested.

I want to participate, It is simply that your attitude is what bothers me, not your 'powergaming' as the OP points out. There are a lot of ways to kill this character. My point is that there is no way this character would work in a standard dnd setting minus MAYYYBE Eberron, and if there are gods they WILL want you dead. Any DM that allows that background should roleplay the fact that you destroyed the faith and hope of billions of mortals, sent the planar cosmotology into chaos, and right as the game starts the material plane should look like the bible's Revelations, Demon swarms and all

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 08:00 PM

-possession

EDIT: wow, four tippy wins in a row.

Okay, so I guess I'm kind of curious where it says I can wish things into an AMF. And according to vecna-blooded, there's no reason for anyone to even know Hilda exists, so there's even less reason for someone to be wished next to her.

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-09, 08:06 PM
No, you aren't. You only have immunity to powers that allow PR. And what do you know, Factotum 11 has Cunning Breach which lets him ignore PR/SR and thus bypass the immunity to psionics of a Psion Killer and the various 3.5 golems with Immunity to Magic.

The 3.0 Magic Immunity that you get from an Adamantium Golem doesn't block psionics under transparency and thus you have no relevant immunity once the AMF is gone, which the Iron Heart Surge takes care of.

Wish, I don't need to "find" you. There is no hiding from Wish. And I can always just use Simulacrum via Spell to Power Erudite and make a perfectly loyal copy of you that knows everything that you know and will tell it all to me.

This isn't a character. It's an absurd combination of creature abilities gained via deeply flawed third party material and isn't really anything interesting or special.

Ignored via Cunning Breach from Factotum 11.

Irk
2013-11-09, 08:08 PM
Well, you can wish someone into an AMF because your nor casting a spell in the AMF

suppresses any spell or magical effect used within, brought into, or cast into the area
Your not casting in the AMF, your casting on someone OUTSIDE the AMF

Sadly, here's the thing about vecna blooded. The cloak of mysteries is an Su ability, so it does not work in an AMF. That's not really exploitable, but I think you should be aware, just in case it comes up.

to find you, I've no idea. I'm sure you'd eventually leave a sign of your existence somewhere though.

also, although it was confirmed that divine abilities could kill you, and you don't appreciate it being pointed out, it really is important to note that as soon as you kill a god, the Lady of Pain will actually come and kill you. There is literally no way to circumvent this, as she is all knowing and all powerful as she has not been stated. SO that's kind of a flaw, but I don't mean it i na taunting way. It'll just make what you do more difficult.

EDIT: oh, also, Tippy is pointing out a really bug flaw. If you're only immune to powers that allow PR, that could really screw you over. Honestly, just ignore all the other things and focus on that, it's easily the most important.

Angelalex242
2013-11-09, 08:10 PM
I wonder if a bag of devouring could just eat him.

Cause that'd be hilarious.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 08:10 PM
Well, you can wish someone into an AMF because your nor casting a spell in the AMF

Your not casting in the AMF, your casting on someone OUTSIDE the AMF

Sadly, here's the thing about vecna blooded. The cloak of mysteries is an Su ability, so it does not work in an AMF. That's not really exploitable, but I think you should be aware, just in case it comes up.

to find you, I've no idea. I'm sure you'd eventually leave a sign of your existence somewhere though.

also, although it was confirmed that divine abilities could kill you, and you don't appreciate it being pointed out, it really is important to note that as soon as you kill a god, the Lady of Pain will actually come and kill you. There is literally no way to circumvent this, as she is all knowing and all powerful as she has not been stated. SO that's kind of a flaw, but I don't mean it i na taunting way. It'll just make what you do more difficult.

Actually, if you look up the Iron Colossus, it specifically says my supernatural abilities still function.

Also, if you're wishing someone INTO the AMF, you're bringing it into the AMF. Thus, it cannot be done.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 08:11 PM
Didnt i say not to pick a fight with tippy? Tippy will kill anything in the game with absurd ease. And btw Tippy, how long ago did you stop updating the tippy=win thing in your signature? You should add to it...

Irk
2013-11-09, 08:13 PM
@OP, oh I didn't even see the iron colossus, but there ya go.

Again, focus on power IMMUNITY vs. just Power with PR immunity to the exclusion of all else. it's your biggest weakness.

also, I would argue hat wishing someone into an AMF isn't magic in the AMF because the magic is not being cast in the AMF, it's just the effect.

effects of instantaneous conjurations are not affected by an antimagic field because the conjuration itself is no longer in effect, only its result.

Wish isn't a teleport, but it works the same. If you disagree, greater teleport still works.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 08:15 PM
@OP, oh I didn't even see the iron colossus, but there ya go.

Again, focus on power IMMUNITY vs. just Power with PR immunity to the exclusion of all else. it's your biggest weakness.

Yea, The psion killer is kind of "eh", but it's a decent defense vs. Not having any.

I'll look into complete power immunity. There has to be something.

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 08:17 PM
Yea, The psion killer is kind of "eh", but it's a decent defense vs. Not having any.

I'll look into complete power immunity. There has to be something.

Oh trust me, theres a book which lets you build planets and stuff, CR's like 8000 or so. Just pull from there since your third source

Use dark chaos shuffle for any feats you could ever want, unlimited gold ECT.

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-09, 08:17 PM
Didnt i say not to pick a fight with tippy? Tippy will kill anything in the game with absurd ease. And btw Tippy, how long ago did you stop updating the tippy=win thing in your signature? You should add to it...

I stopped updating it when I just Won so much that my signature was all full and couldn't fit any more Win. It gave me a :smallfrown:

I thought about making a thread in Friendly Banter and quoting all of those who thought that I was Win in there before providing a sig link to said thread but that really felt like too much work.

Irk
2013-11-09, 08:19 PM
again updated list for OP

Wishing/teleporting creatures to you
Psionics in general (because of cunning breach)
Possession (not really that important vs. the other two)
IHS
tears in reality (2x portable hole)

(I'm just going to add to this list when something else comes up)

EDIT: I see what you did to your sig bear... I dunno if people'll take that well

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 08:23 PM
I stopped updating it when I just Won so much that my signature was all full and couldn't fit any more Win. It gave me a :smallfrown:

I thought about making a thread in Friendly Banter and quoting all of those who thought that I was Win in there before providing a sig link to said thread but that really felt like too much work.

First world problems FTW

Irk
2013-11-09, 08:29 PM
wait.. I just realized...

Twice betrayer of Shar anyone?

Ortesk
2013-11-09, 08:32 PM
All thats going through my mind is the DM making a better, more perfect him using more template stacking and some nice old DM fiat, which he is relying on as well

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-09, 08:34 PM
wait.. I just realized...

Twice betrayer of Shar anyone?

Holy jesus those bone knight immunities.

Vamphyr
2013-11-09, 09:46 PM
I personally really like the idea of an unkillable ice assassin constantly trying to kill an unkillable PC.

He just stops trying to murder you and settles with ruining your day. Stands in doorways you're trying to use. Ties your boot laces together when you're not looking. Yells at the top of it's lungs while you're trying to have a conversation. Rearranges your equipment and spreads nasty rumors about you.

The entire game you have this entity just cackling in the background about all the schoolyard pranks it pulls on you to make you look silly in front of your friends.

EugeneVoid
2013-11-09, 11:18 PM
With your 3rd party rules, why don't you just get all the templates and mitigate them? I mean it seems fun to build an omni-character, but if it's so easy to get all of the LA mitigated, why don't you get all of them?

For more Fun templates look up the Hulking Hurler and Mr. Roboto.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-10, 12:53 AM
TFW Immune to fort saves that don't effect objects.

Such as trait removal, for example.

;D

Lord_Gareth
2013-11-10, 02:15 AM
Tippy, I have to ask - what is the Secret Origin of Tippy? What drove you to learn such dark and frightful extremes of power in 3.5 that it is now considered a normal event in your games for wizards to turn into sapient planets?

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-10, 02:25 AM
Tippy, I have to ask - what is the Secret Origin of Tippy? What drove you to learn such dark and frightful extremes of power in 3.5
Mostly just playing the game with other players and DM's who (like me) have absolutely no interest in pulling punches or playing fair.

that it is now considered a normal event in your games for wizards to turn into sapient planets?
That isn't normal, it's just not abnormal.

Ortesk
2013-11-10, 02:31 AM
Mostly just playing the game with other players and DM's who (like me) have absolutely no interest in pulling punches or playing fair.

I must follow this up by asking if you take suggestions for character builds?

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-10, 02:36 AM
I must follow this up by asking if you take suggestions for character builds?

Not really. I pretty much play either whatever interests me at the time and/or whatever homebrew that I want to play test.

Although I really have very little interest in ever playing a straight melee tank bruiser. I honestly can't remember the last time I played a character with full BAB that wasn't courtesy of a spell or power.

I don't even really like Crusaders or Warblades. I mean mechanically I have no problems with them, I like the fluff and everything even, I just have no interest in playing a character like that.

Ortesk
2013-11-10, 02:40 AM
Not really. I pretty much play either whatever interests me at the time and/or whatever homebrew that I want to play test.

Although I really have very little interest in ever playing a straight melee tank bruiser. I honestly can't remember the last time I played a character with full BAB that wasn't courtesy of a spell or power.

I don't even really like Crusaders or Warblades. I mean mechanically I have no problems with them, I like the fluff and everything even, I just have no interest in playing a character like that.

Understandable, and i dont play cleric and other preachy classes for most of the above mentioned reasons. My question was meaning if you ever had people come to you, say hey can you build me X, and you build them?

Case in point, could you build santa clause? The 3.5 published santa is......a published build Lmao

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-10, 02:56 AM
Understandable, and i dont play cleric and other preachy classes for most of the above mentioned reasons. My question was meaning if you ever had people come to you, say hey can you build me X, and you build them?
Yes, people have asked me to build them things but unless they are part of my real life gaming group, someone who has done a favor for me in the past, the thing they want built is actually something that interests me, or (very occasionally) someone who I'm going to be playing with in a pbp game then they best they will get is a bit of general build advice/suggestions.

Oh yeah, and I don't generally respond to PM's asking for build advice.

Case in point, could you build santa clause? The 3.5 published santa is......a published build Lmao
Could I? Sure. It's not that hard. Do I have much interest in doing so? No, not really.

masterjoda99
2013-11-10, 04:02 AM
Are there easily accessible threads or somesuch showing examples of Tippy's works? Ever since the search function on these forums was removed, so too was the ability to use the "Show all threads started by [user]", and I am curious about some of what Tippy's done, particularly if it involves arcane casters (my favorite character type), and ever since the days of Gleemax I've just rather liked theoretical optimization and ridiculously powerful builds and such.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-10, 12:21 PM
Currently updated list of immunities and sq's.

Immunities
- Psionics that allow PR (Psion killer/ psi-golem, +2 LA)
- Beheading (as Lumi, +2 LA)
- Acid (As acidborn, +.5 LA)

SQ’s
- Positive energy adaptation (As Vivacious, +2 LA)
- Heal 1hp p/ 3 cold damage (As Ice Golem, +2 LA)
- Heal 1d10 p/ spell level, neg energy (Flesh colossus, +2 LA)
- Master smith (As mitgaurd dwarf, Frostburn, +4LA)
- Rejuvenation (As frostfell ghost, FB, +2 LA)
-

TuggyNE
2013-11-10, 06:21 PM
What's up with all the weird LA listings (tarrasque +2???), and why are you spending +15 LA on immunities you can get far cheaper elsewhere?

Boci
2013-11-10, 06:23 PM
What's up with all the weird LA listings (tarrasque +2???), and why are you spending +15 LA on immunities you can get far cheaper elsewhere?

Her total LA is -3, so apparently LA is a cheap currency with the resources she is using.

Karnith
2013-11-10, 06:23 PM
What's up with all the weird LA listings (tarrasque +2???)
HeyThereImBear is using the Book of Templates - Deluxe Edition, a third-party splatbook with some very odd rules that allow a character to cherry-pick abilities from various sources. Spoiler: The rules aren't very well-thought out.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-10, 06:32 PM

Deluxe book of templates 3.5e

Listed as source, and what they cost.

And yes, as it has been so eloquently put, I'm cherry picking immunities and sq's.

HeyThereImBear
2013-11-10, 06:33 PM
Her total LA is -3, so apparently LA is a cheap currency with the resources she is using.

It's actually something like +93 taken out of -210.

Otodetu
2013-11-26, 10:13 PM
I believe the greatest weakness your character has is the fact it's so hilariously powerful that common sense and role-play reasons would be it's undoing, in the form of direct divine intervention at worst.

Other than that a caster could use gate, and request his\her deity or similarly powerful being with divine ranks to make sure you do no more harm. Considering who\what your character is it is unlikely contacted divine entities will ignore the situation.

These events are quite likely, and the absence of consequences for your character breaks verisimilitude to a great degree.