PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Tripping a Mounted Opponent

isildur
2013-11-08, 11:10 AM
In 3.5, DC for Tripping a Mounted Opponent is it's a ride+dex or str.

In PF, there is no mention about it.

Then... it's just cmd?

Spore
2013-11-08, 11:15 AM
The attack makes a roll on CMB. If the defender has Mounted Combat he can try and negate your attack on the mount. If not the CMD of the mount is to be beaten.

Aka "that's why you need mounted combat, dear cavaliers".

Ninjaxenomorph
2013-11-08, 11:21 AM
... There are Cavaliers/Samurai with mounts that DON'T take Mounted Combat? I have a TWF samurai and HE took it!

isildur
2013-11-08, 11:26 AM
The attack makes a roll on CMB. If the defender has Mounted Combat he can try and negate your attack on the mount.".

Tripping a Mounted "Opponent". not his mount.

RFLS
2013-11-08, 11:38 AM
Tripping a Mounted "Opponent". not his mount.

I believe this is a case where the designers overlooked that possibility, because, well, that's completely ridiculous. He's not moving under his own power, and he's not standing. RAW, it's just a CMB v CMD check. RAI, I'd throw a book at the head of any player that tried to make that distinction.

ArqArturo
2013-11-08, 11:41 AM
Isn't there a particular saddle that prevents you from being tripped?.

EDIT: Ahh, the Military Saddle:

Military Saddle: This saddle braces the rider, providing a +2 circumstance bonus on Ride checks related to staying in the saddle. If the rider is knocked unconscious while in a military saddle, he has a 75% chance to stay in the saddle

StreamOfTheSky
2013-11-08, 04:52 PM
I'd just oppose the maneuver check with a ride check. Including that +2 bonus for military saddle, if applicable.

Tripping the mounted foe pulls him off his mount to the ground prone, and I'd also have it deal 1d6 falling damage (slightly less or more for sizes smaller or larger than medium rider on large mount), because falling violently from a moving steed is pretty dangerous, potentially deadly for a normal person (ie, level 1 commoner).

Spore
2013-11-08, 04:58 PM
I'd just oppose the maneuver check with a ride check. Including that +2 bonus for military saddle, if applicable.

Tripping the mounted foe pulls him off his mount to the ground prone, and I'd also have it deal 1d6 falling damage (slightly less or more for sizes smaller or larger than medium rider on large mount), because falling violently from a moving steed is pretty dangerous, potentially deadly for a normal person (ie, level 1 commoner).

RAW would be CMD however. I don't know horses good enough to tell if you fall from a height higher than 5 ft. If yes then falling damage is viable.