PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic Stacking Question

TeslaJr
2013-11-08, 12:09 PM
I have two quick questions about using Maximize and Empower together. First off, can they even be used together? If they can, how do you resolve it? For example, if I maximized and empowered a fireball, would it do maximum damage times 1.5, or maximum damage plus Xd6*1.5?

Dread_Head
2013-11-08, 12:13 PM
This is explained in the maximize spell description SRD link (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#maximizeSpell).

Maximize Spell [Metamagic]
Benefit
All variable, numeric effects of a spell modified by this feat are maximized. Saving throws and opposed rolls are not affected, nor are spells without random variables. A maximized spell uses up a spell slot three levels higher than the spell’s actual level.

An empowered, maximized spell gains the separate benefits of each feat: the maximum result plus one-half the normally rolled result.

So maximum damage plus Xd6*.5

prufock
2013-11-08, 12:14 PM
I have two quick questions about using Maximize and Empower together. First off, can they even be used together? If they can, how do you resolve it? For example, if I maximized and empowered a fireball, would it do maximum damage times 1.5, or maximum damage plus Xd6*1.5?

It would do maximum damage plus Xd6*0.5.

TeslaJr
2013-11-08, 12:17 PM
Alright. Thanks for the quick replies!