PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Theorycrafting a Stormtalon

Scumbaggery
2013-11-08, 06:21 PM
Greetings programs!

So I'm trying to make a theoretical Stormtalon for possible use in the future. I'd like for him to do the following if possible:

1. Full Round Attacks while diving
2. Two-Weapon Fighting
3. Some way of adding extra damage to help out the TWF, possibly Sneak Attack

Essentially, I want him to be able to swoop down, cut something to pieces, and fly off in the same turn.

So far I've got:

Lion Totem Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1
Hit and Run Fighter 1
Swashbuckler 3
Stormtalon 9

in mind. Feats are:

1. Two-Weapon Fighting
2*. EWP: Elven Thinblade
3*. Weapon Finesse
6. Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
7*. Flyby Attack
9*. Multiattack
11*. Diving Charge
13*. Hover
15*.

As you can see, I have not gotten very far. To be perfectly honest, it could also be a lot better without trying to severely OP it. Anybody got any ideas?

Rebel7284
2013-11-08, 06:36 PM
reading through the class, the best use for it seems to me the ability to use Embrace the Dark Chaos/Shun the Dark Chaos to turn the mostly horrible bonus feats into more useful feats....

So Barbarian 3/Hit and Run variant Fighter 1/Warblade 1/Stormtalon 10

Scumbaggery
2013-11-08, 06:39 PM
reading through the class, the best use for it seems to me the ability to use Embrace the Dark Chaos/Shun the Dark Chaos to turn the mostly horrible bonus feats into more useful feats....

So Barbarian 3/Hit and Run variant Fighter 1/Warblade 1/Stormtalon 10

I'm trying to avoid Chaos Shuffle cheese, if at all possible. Where can I find HaR Fighter?

Rebel7284
2013-11-08, 06:46 PM
I'm trying to avoid Chaos Shuffle cheese, if at all possible. Where can I find HaR Fighter?

According to the internets: DU, p 58

You have high dex, may as well use it.

As for avoiding Chaos Shuffle cheese.. well the class seems like a weaker version of a fighter with fewer options... dunno what to tell you.

Also, doesn't it take until like level 12 or something until raptorans can even fly all day?

Scumbaggery
2013-11-08, 06:49 PM
According to the internets: DU, p 58

You have high dex, may as well use it.

As for avoiding Chaos Shuffle cheese.. well the class seems like a weaker version of a fighter with fewer options... dunno what to tell you.

Also, doesn't it take until like level 12 or something until raptorans can even fly all day?

True. HaR sounds better, so that's noted. Also thinking of putting levels of Swashbuckler or Warblade in there.

The main idea I want the class for is the free feats and fly speed bonuses. Raptoran can permafly at 10 HD

Feint's End
2013-11-08, 07:27 PM
Why 2 Levels of Sneak Attack Fighter? The Feat Progression gets replaced by the Sneak Attack Progression of a Rogue meaning you get SA at level 1, 3 and so on.

Scumbaggery
2013-11-08, 07:55 PM
Why 2 Levels of Sneak Attack Fighter? The Feat Progression gets replaced by the Sneak Attack Progression of a Rogue meaning you get SA at level 1, 3 and so on.

Because my brain derped while writing it :smalleek:

So far I have rewritten it to:

Lion Totem Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1
Hit and Run Fighter 1
Swashbuckler 3
Stormtalon 9

I'll update the OP