PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Recruiting: Playtesters for Futuristic Campaign Setting

Maginomicon
2013-11-08, 08:01 PM
I am seeking playtesters for some combat sessions over Skype or Google Hangouts. The system is essentially a homebrew futuristic overhaul of D&D 3.5.

Be sure to read this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16068818&postcount=1) for a short description of the overhaul. In a way, it's "kind-of" like Pathfinder but not trying to be compared to or "be" Pathfinder. There are so many intrinsic changes that it can almost be called a "new" system that just happens to be inherently compatible with all non-banned D&D 3.x material (and some Pathfinder material).

What this is NOT:

An opportunity for you to request features, critique, or directly help build the system (for that, respond to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304652) as appropriate).
An opportunity for you to compare the system to other systems (such as Pathfinder, d20 Future, etc.)
An opportunity for you to "out-cheese" other playtesters or the GM.
An opportunity for you to make a lasting or invested character.

Entry/Behavior Requirements:

Access to Skype or Google Hangouts (and a microphone, a USB "Rock Band / Guitar Hero" mic will do the job)
Consistent availability (be prepared to at some point draw up some kind of availability schedule and stick to it).
At least moderate D&D 3.5 system mastery in some form.
Ability to follow basic instructions in a timely manner.
Ability to improvise and extrapolate from incomplete information.
Basic humility and maturity.
Ability to follow an "honor system" while unsupervised.
Basic time management skills.

You are NOT required to:

Put up with "bull****" (from the GM or other players).
Stay a tester for longer than your first completed combat.

Your duties would largely involve:

Acceptance of the three defined "aspects" of Rule 0 in the game's scope.
Acceptance of defined RAI.
Creating character/creature builds to established standards.
When warranted, recreating character/creature builds if established standards change.
Play PvP or PvE battles as PCs, NPCs, or monsters in pre-generated scenarios.
Provide concise descriptive feedback about your specific exhilarations, frustrations, and confusions within the scope of your own personal experiences with the system.
Within the bounds of reason, ask me questions early and often (instead of barreling ahead).
Take chances.
Make mistakes.
Get messy!

If you want in:

PM me with a message referring to or linking to this thread and also containing your Skype or Google Hangout contact information. (Doing so commits that you've read, understand, and accept the requirements and responsibilities of being a playtester.) From there, I'll send you a link to a "Cheat Sheet" document that goes into a little more detail about the mechanical implementation of the system.
Once you've looked through the "Cheat Sheet", if you're still interested you must inform me ASAP so we can immediately move on to scheduling a character creation private session.

If you have questions before joining:
Reply to this thread with those questions.