PDA

View Full Version : Dread Lord [Feat]

Maerok
2007-01-08, 07:29 PM
Dread Lord [Feat]
Even the stoutest of creatures may fall victim to your fear inducing spells.
Prerequisite: Capable of casting/using three fear-inducing spells or abilities, caster level 13
Special: You can instill fear in the most fearless of creatures. When your fear-inducing spells or abilities are put against a creature immune to fear, they receive a +4 bonus to their saving throws. If the attempt succeeds, the creature suffers the fear effect but at one category lower (to a minimum of shaken). Creatures immune to fear as per their type traits or with Intelligence less than 2 are effected as normal (or with more HD than the spell allows to effect).
Normal: You cannot instill fear in a creature immune to fear.

Dread Lord of Legend [Epic]
Your fear spells can afflict more powerful creatures.
Prerequisite: Capable of casting/using ten fear-inducing spells or abilities, caster level 21, Dread Lord
Special: Double the maximum HD of creatures your fear spells/abilities can effect. Cause fear now effects creatures with 12 HD or less, rather than the normal 6 HD. You gain a +4 insight bonus to your spells' DC.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-08, 08:37 PM
I like these; they're good and solid. Nice mechanical rendering of a common thematic element.

katarl
2007-01-09, 10:50 AM
Yes! Now those paladin friends of mine shall pay! Do you mean anyone who has immunity to fear, or everything that is immune to fear naturally- eg. could you use this feat to scare a vampire, or a construct?

My first instinct is to include anyone who happens to be sentient in this category, but mindless creatures remain immune.

Peregrine
2007-01-09, 11:17 AM
Ooh, very flavourful. (Does Intimidate count as a fear-inducing ability?)