PDA

View Full Version : Northern Sandshaper?

CyberThread
2013-11-09, 01:55 PM
So say you have a "northern" think.. just before you hit the artic circle, so you still have brisk summers, and times without snow.

Would an adaption for such a, area that would have a "sand"shaper, include snow and such, or are we looking more towards condensing cold air into useable shapes?

What is a sensible object to be shaping, when in between snow lands and polar forests ?

Nettlekid
2013-11-09, 04:39 PM
Uh. Snow? Snowshaper? Shape things out of snow? Seems a bit intuitive. At the end of the duration of the shaped object's "life," perhaps if the temperature is not less than freezing, the object melts as opposed to just turning back into sand/snow.

Not all desert climates have tons of sand. An arctic tundra is a desert, depending on the precipitation. And there's not a lot of sand. So the Sandshaper isn't guaranteed to have sand even in a desert. Similarly, this Snowshaper isn't guaranteed to have snow even in a polar region.

Phelix-Mu
2013-11-09, 04:42 PM
I actually made a number of analogues for Sandshaper, since I liked the core concept of the PrC so much. Watershaper, Airshaper, Fireshaper, etc. Each needed some extensive retooling to balance it and make it unique, but a more basic refluffing wouldn't be too hard. I found the slowest part was selecting new bonus spells from the vast array of spells out there (I don't like just sticking to PHB stuff, but that would be a way to expedite the conversion).

Snowshaper could be done very much in this same vein. Require Snowcasting or a similar feat from Frostburn or something, and use snow stuff. Allow the snow to exist outside of freezing temps for short duration, and maybe a special warmsnow material that could last longer whatever the temperature. Call it a day.