PDA

View Full Version : I had a nightmare that would make for a decent indie horror game

Jeivar
2013-11-09, 03:37 PM
I was trapped inside a tall but narrow apartment building. I could see the stormy night through the stairwell glass walls. There were no lights inside the building and someone was after me between the floors. I was trying to find an apartment I could get into, perhaps in search of something special that would save me but the shadowy enemy followed me silently and unpredictably and could appear at any moment while I desperate ran up and down the stairs in search of haven.

Could make for a decent Amnesia-style game, right? Enclosed space, desperate flight, watching out onto a city full of people who won't save you. Creepy, no?

Grinner
2013-11-09, 05:05 PM
Doesn't sound like it's enough for a whole game, but it would make for an excellent start.

I once heard about a game, LSD: Dream Emulator, that was based off the creator's dream journal. Something like that, maybe?

MLai
2013-11-09, 10:46 PM
I had Die Hard setting nightmares too...

In my building, when I tried to escape via descending the stairs, I looked down and found that they wavered as if hung on invisible strings, and spiraled down into pitch darkness until they disappeared. I wisely decided going down the stairs weren't an option.

Then I saw ppl walking around. I figured I'd just follow some of them out the building. I followed 3-4 of them until they entered the men's room. There, they walked into the toilet stalls, and just kept walking and disappeared. They didn't even have to open the stall doors... they just kind of squeezed under the doors while still walking upright. Yeah physically impossible but it's a dream.

Jahkaivah
2013-11-11, 06:35 PM
Doesn't sound like it's enough for a whole game, but it would make for an excellent start.

Well he did say it would be an indie game, those can be as small as they like as long as they are free/priced reasonably.

An apartment shouldn't be that hard to map out either, heck you could probably prototype it as a HL2 mod using one of the apartment buildings already designed for you.

I once had a dream where I was being chased by small evil jester people called the Jerkies. The absence of light burns their eyes so the only way to stay safe was to submerge yourself in darkness and avoid their anguished attempts to find you there.

warty goblin
2013-11-11, 07:54 PM
Last Friday I dreamed that odd, weasel-like demons the size of a medium dog were hunting me through my apartment. Eventually, about the time I woke up, the largest of them had begun to savage my ankle with extremely sharp teeth, but I managed to kill it by severing its spine behind the base of the skull with a bit of broken glass.

The next night I dreamed I was dying of an unknown extraterrestrial plague that was causing my skin to break out in pustules and my abdominal wall to disintegrate.

It was kinda a weird weekend.

MLai
2013-11-12, 05:47 AM
Last Friday I dreamed that odd, weasel-like demons the size of a medium dog were hunting me through my apartment. Eventually, about the time I woke up, the largest of them had begun to savage my ankle with extremely sharp teeth, but I managed to kill it by severing its spine behind the base of the skull with a bit of broken glass...
...and you woke up with your cat dead in your bed.

Tebryn
2013-11-12, 05:49 AM
I once heard about a game, LSD: Dream Emulator, that was based off the creator's dream journal. Something like that, maybe?

This game is totally insane.

Krazzman
2013-11-12, 05:59 AM
Wow, maybe basing it off of that one SCP??? Game where that floating mask follows you...