PDA

View Full Version : OOTScast today.

ghoul-n
2013-11-09, 10:06 PM
So, here we have http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html. It's been a whooping 10 years IRL since it's happened and 2-or-so-years in-comic.

Care to speculate what would've characters said if they had a chance to make an introduction all over again, but with all the experience and, well, things that happened to them?

Let's turn our imagination on for a bit.

Elan and Haley are probably holding hands through the panels. Some pun over 'one big-ass diamond' is applied to Elan too. 'The world is my muse' line is changed to something about 'participation'. Elan has his white-shirt outfit on, and his title of master of enchantment is swapped in favor of dashing swordsman.
Beauty in Haley's line is changed to wits (like, about who loves who, how to deal with past, and how to not have a sex with your crush's evil twin).

Durkon has his blank face, says '...', and his line is changed to 'dependable even in his undeath'.

Belkar is dual-wielding, has Mr. Scruffy on guard, and thinks something like 'At least I live a legend'.

Vaarsuvius has long hair, raven on his shoulder, and doesn't talk too much. Though his line is unchanged, it sounds a bit more sinister now than before.

Roy is Roy and can read whatever he wants\needs to, but the most important change we see in him is that the Order is THE Order now, with him being in the center, i.e. he's evolved from the guy who leads because nobody else bothers to the guy who leads because he knows how to do it. Probably he's more at ease about reading silly things now too (knowing that he's not that much silly per se anymore). Compare with six people in old cast, they're all standing by themselves there. Now, they are all a team.

Now, how would you see them all in this redux?

137beth
2013-11-11, 06:05 PM
DCF spoilers:
All those lines were said by The Narrator, and he was defeated/chased off by the monster guarding Dorukan's dungeon, in pretty much the exact same way the Narrator for Into the Woods died.