PDA

View Full Version : |Armor| Dragon Hide Armor Varients?

silverwolf
2007-01-09, 02:25 AM
question can a dride get penilized for wearing a metalic dragons hide? and is there any variets to differnt style of hide armors?

magic8BALL
2007-01-09, 02:51 AM
By "dride", I asume u mean "duid".

Dragonhide is not itself metal, so a druid can wear it, even if it is bronze coloured. (or any of the other metals, for that matter.)

By "varients to to different style of hide armors", I asume you mean "is there any othe armor you can make out of dragon hide".

On page 284, it is deatailed wich types of armours can be made out of dragon hide, masterworked breastplate being the best bet for your druid.

Of cause, you may mean "do I get bonuses for having a dead dragons head for a helmet?" or "what dose having a dragons foot for a gauntlet do for me?" in wich case, there is some serious home brewing to be done...

Caewil
2007-01-09, 04:38 AM
I'd make them grant Spell Resistance, to make other classes want dragon armour.

icke
2007-01-09, 06:02 AM
There have been several threads dealing with special materials, both with their qualities and how to make them. Here is a suggestion how to craft improved armor/weapons out of special materials in general.

Every special material can, by a master craftsman, be used to craft armors and weapons that are better than their standard counterparts. The craft DC is:

20 - masterwork basis

+ 5 for every 1 point of magical armor enhancement( maximum 5)

+ 10 for every 1 point of mundane armor bonus

+ 10 for every 1 point of additional DEX bonus

+ 5 for every 1 point less check penalty

+ 10 for every 1 point of magical weapon enhancement

Special materials make special upgrades available:

+ 15 to count as one category lighter (Mithril only, maximum 1)

+ 5 for every 1/- point of damage reduction (Adamantium only)

+ X for improvement Y of Your choice (Add You favorite limitation)

Dragon-themed improvements could include:

+ 2 for every 1 point of energy resistance the dragon variety has immunity against

+ 1 for every 1 point of spell resistance

+ 10 for every 1d6 of elemental damage from the element the dragon used as a breath weapon

and others.