PDA

View Full Version : Help finding D&D monster

Beige Dragon
2013-11-10, 11:27 AM
So, when browsing the internet, I came across a monster from D&D, but I can't remember its name. It basically made dungeons, and spat out goblins and whatnot to populate it. It was a weird snake/dragon/turtle kind of thing. With a spherical body, and snakey limbs coming out of it. Can anyone provide me with the SRD, a wiki page, anything, on this? My friend does not believe it exists, and it relates to an argument we've had.

Jaycemonde
2013-11-10, 11:29 AM
It's possible that was just a clever custom-made monster meant to represent the Dungeon Master in most campaigns, but I could be wrong. I'll look through the old AD&D Monstrous Manual I have, though.

Beige Dragon
2013-11-10, 11:46 AM
It's possible that was just a clever custom-made monster meant to represent the Dungeon Master in most campaigns, but I could be wrong. I'll look through the old AD&D Monstrous Manual I have, though.

I don't believe so. It had fancy 4e or 3.5e style art, with the whole "Kind of a background, but then slowly fades to white on the edges" thing. But who knows, perhaps if it isn't official, someone is just good at mimicking that art style.

Edit: Well, that was fast. I found it, it was a Deepspawn. No need for this thread anymore, it can be closed or ignored or whathaveyou now.

Toofey
2013-11-10, 11:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the Deepsawn pg 53 2nd ef monsters manual

Rhynn
2013-11-10, 11:43 PM
That's the deepspawn, yeah. AD&D 2nd edition Monstrous Manual, and for 3rd edition IIRC the Monsters of Faerūn booklet (might have also been in The Shining South, which is 3.5), with a 3.5 update in the appropriate web supplement.