PDA

View Full Version : good LA race?

sideswipe
2013-11-10, 12:31 PM
i'm about to start a LVL 10 gestalt campaign in which we are allowed to trade 1 class choice per level as racial hd or LA

eg we have a drow/vampire with 10 levels in monk to make his level 10 gestalt (8lvls vamp 2 drow / 10 monk)

i want to play a psion going into thrall herd as one half and the other being a mix of; splash cleric (domain abilities), splash dragon shaman, splash factotum with able learner and a couple of levels in marshal.

i want to play a support character.

the campaign is set as we are all rulers of small kingdoms coming together and setting off to stretch our rule.

i havent decided on the finer points of my character yet. im looking for a good race first. so the LA/hd must total up to 5 ish max. im hoping for either big stat adjustments or stupidly good abilities to compliment either a psion or a support character.

thank you for your help

Zero grim
2013-11-10, 12:47 PM
Cant go wrong with 10 levels in commoner, prove to the party your the best damn sheepherder there is :P

sideswipe
2013-11-10, 12:48 PM
its pronounced hoarder and yes i am

jedipilot24
2013-11-10, 01:20 PM
i'm about to start a LVL 10 gestalt campaign in which we are allowed to trade 1 class choice per level as racial hd or LA

eg we have a drow/vampire with 10 levels in monk to make his level 10 gestalt (8lvls vamp 2 drow / 10 monk)

i want to play a psion going into thrall herd as one half and the other being a mix of; splash cleric (domain abilities), splash dragon shaman, splash factotum with able learner and a couple of levels in marshal.

i want to play a support character.

the campaign is set as we are all rulers of small kingdoms coming together and setting off to stretch our rule.

i havent decided on the finer points of my character yet. im looking for a good race first. so the LA/hd must total up to 5 ish max. im hoping for either big stat adjustments or stupidly good abilities to compliment either a psion or a support character.

thank you for your help

How about an Aasimar Saint: Aasimar gives +2 Wis, +2 Cha, Saint gives Con+2, Wis+2, Cha+4. Total LA is +3 and you also get bunch of special abilities that make it really hard for evil creatures to do anything to you.
Of course you have to be good, but that's normally not a problem.