PDA

View Full Version : Replacing PaO as a domain spell

Zaydos
2013-11-10, 01:10 PM
So I'm running a campaign with two players having access to the Trickery Domain and they know I'm banning Polymorph any Object but I'm trying to find a good replacement other than Superior Invisibility.

So anybody know any good spells that could be worth an 8th level domain slot and are trickery themed (other than Superior Invisibility)?

ryu
2013-11-10, 01:17 PM
Maze to get someone lost in an extra dimensional maze, or screen to no-sell scrying attempts?

Piggy Knowles
2013-11-10, 01:25 PM
From a brief flip through my books, I'd say something like...

Screen
Superior Invisibility (I know you already suggested it, but it's almost perfect)
Shifting Paths
Symbol of Insanity
Mass Charm Monster
Mind of the Labyrinth

Screen or Superior Invisibility would probably be the best fits, but would have some overlap with other spells in the domain.

Zaydos
2013-11-10, 01:41 PM
Thanks! All the suggestions have been good (Superior Invisibility would be my choice except for party composition making it a little too strong, and Screen was my 2nd thought except it's the 7th level domain spell). Mind of the Labyrinth would be my choice except they already have Mind Blank and it seems a mean one to give them in that case (although I need to remember that spell it's just so delightful).

That said why didn't I think of Maze :smallconfused: I love Maze. Though Symbol of Insanity is tempting.

Thank you both again.