PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Dragonwrought Kobold Druid (Need advice!)

Hattrakk
2013-11-10, 01:35 PM
I'm helping a friend make his character and we're both a little stumped on a few things about playing a Bronze DWK druid. I haven't been able to find anything specifically helpful to us just by searching, but by far the most helpful things showed up on this forum, so I thought I'd give making my own thread a shot.

Anyone have any suggestions for a weapon for a druid like this? I've found some things on natural weapons and dragon breath and the like, but none of it seems powerful enough to counteract the physical disadvantages of being a kobold.

LordBlades
2013-11-10, 01:51 PM
As a druid, you get Wildshape past level 5, which means physical stats are pretty much irrelevant in the long run. Until then, your best bet is to hang back and cast, and let your animal companion do the fighting.

Hattrakk
2013-11-10, 01:52 PM
I also forgot to mention that he's using the Feral template from Savage Species.

eggynack
2013-11-10, 02:02 PM
As was mentioned, the most important thing, by far, is spell selection. You don't really even need a weapon, or good physical stats, because beat sticking isn't good at all until that stuff is all being replaced at once. What level are we talking about here? Knowing book limitations and any particular thing they want to do with spells could be helpful as well. There's a crazy amount of spell information, so any narrowing is nice. You also may want to avoid the whole feral thing, because once again, spells. Honestly, if they're more interested in natural weapons than spell use, you may want to recommend something like totemist (MoI, 29). As I say sometimes, druids are their spells, and spells are druids, and druids are the thing that makes the spells that are druidic. Something like that, anyway.