PDA

View Full Version : Images keep deloading in Firefox

TuggyNE
2013-11-10, 06:54 PM
So, for some time now I've noticed that Firefox* has a bad habit of, after loading a forum page with cached images, continuing to re-request those images, and then failing to load them. That is:
Page loads, all images are present, HTML is loaded, parsed, displayed in full
Page doesn't stop loading, various random images (new posts, thread icons, sticky, multi-page, etc) start showing up as broken or with alt text
Right-clicking on images and selecting Reload will fix that instance, but not others, and may help on future loads for a short while
For a while I've tried using Esc to stop the load before it switches to phase 2 and starts deloading the images, but that's unreliable and timing-sensitive and annoying. Anyone know of a better way?

And yes, GitP is the only website that exhibits this behavior. Period.

*19.0.2, yes I know there's newer versions, coupla crucial addons that don't work in 20 or up yet, so no I can't upgrade

Rawhide
2013-11-10, 10:30 PM
I've had something similar happen to me on other sites before. Never solved it then.

Does it work fine in IE, Opera, or Chrome, etc?

TuggyNE
2013-11-11, 04:37 AM
I've had something similar happen to me on other sites before. Never solved it then.

Does it work fine in IE, Opera, or Chrome, etc?

The plot thickens: not only does it seem to be fine in IE*, it even works well with a different Firefox profile. *glares suspiciously at default*

* Loosely speaking, anyway; the font is murky for some reason and it sticks a Waiting message in the tab as though it's trying to load after it loads, but no images disappear. Fortunately I don't use IE much anyway so it doesn't matter.