PDA

View Full Version : Wood Style

Panzerbjorn
2013-11-10, 08:28 PM
Hi yall! I'm a big fan of Naruto and was wondering if there was a way in D&D to do the same things Yamato can do with his wood style jutsu. Manipulate wood; control the size, shape, growth, etc.
The first thing I thought of would be a druid, but not sure that's exactly what I'm lookin for. Would control plants do this?

Fax Celestis
2013-11-10, 08:36 PM
Isn't there a Wood Wu Jen? Might look into that.

eggynack
2013-11-10, 08:41 PM
I think druids get most of the wood based spells. There's wood shape, wood rot, animate wood, wood wose, deadfall, blockade, and all the many many tree based spells. So, y'know, a lot of them.

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-10, 08:43 PM
Yes, but it requires tricks that generally get the DM to throw books at your head.

Waker
2013-11-10, 08:54 PM
Wu Jen with the Wood specialization, Druid and Spirit Shaman, Cleric with the Plant Domain.

SoraWolf7
2013-11-10, 09:02 PM
If you are pulling this stuff, make sure you carry lots of feather (tree) tokens to make your forest as a free action. At least I think dropping items is a free action. You might need a move action to draw them unless you use an item-storing item.

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-10, 09:47 PM
If you are pulling this stuff, make sure you carry lots of feather (tree) tokens to make your forest as a free action. At least I think dropping items is a free action. You might need a move action to draw them unless you use an item-storing item.

A magic mantle Ardent 20/ Cosmic Descryer 7 can create an entire forest nation with a full round and a standard action. Granted, he can also turn a world into Coruscant in the same amount of time.

Panzerbjorn
2013-11-11, 11:01 AM
Thanks yall for the great responses. I think the wu jen fits what I'm lookin for the best. :)

CyberThread
2013-11-11, 01:49 PM
wu jen wood is perty good