PDA

View Full Version : Is there a list of constructs that are craftable, and recommendations on what to make

RPGaddict28
2013-11-10, 08:53 PM
I plan on having an evil wizard that uses the Dark Craft XP and other evil things to make, essentially free flesh golems, but I'm not restricted to them, so I'm wondering what kind of constructs I should make. And, yes, I'm aware I can enchant items and make wondrous items, I just know what to make with them.

holywhippet
2013-11-10, 09:15 PM
Try this one: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=177.0

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-10, 11:55 PM
Pretty much any construct that you make should have Rudimentary Intelligence added to it. It ups the market price by 8,000 GP but it gives your construct an Int score equal to half your CL and specifically doesn't remove the absolute obedience of the construct.

Besides that, Shadesteel Golems are about the only construct worth making unless you have a specific purpose in mind. Medium size, good stealth abilities, perfect fly speed, easy to heal, good attack options, not too pricy, and immune to magic. With Rudimentary Intelligence it also qualifies for feats and gets skill points, hit it with a Psychic Reformation if you DM won't let you pick the feats.

Advance it to 26 HD and the final price tag is only 178,000 GP but now it qualifies for Epic feats. Throw on Exceptional Deflection, Infinite Deflection, and Reflect Arrows and along with its magic immunity you have a golem that is pretty much immune to everything but melee. It also has an IL of 13 and thus can use Martial Study to get 7th level Maneuvers.

The only real pity is that most DM's won't let you resort to a bit of soul rape to replace some of its HD with class levels.

Scumbaggery
2013-11-11, 12:13 AM
Shadesteel Golems

If I had a nickel. :smallwink:

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-11, 12:29 AM
If I had a nickel. :smallwink:

Hey that and the Umbral Spy are the only two useful general purpose constructs. It's not my fault that there aren't more good constructs to craft.