PDA

View Full Version : What increases generic CMB?

Occasional Sage
2013-11-11, 01:58 AM
I know the feat chains for specific maneuvers exist, but what about increasing CMB generally? I'm especially interested in a Defensive Combat Training analog, but other boosts (feat, equipment, spells, dips) are welcome.

Thanks gang!

Firest Kathon
2013-11-11, 04:14 AM
When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver, make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your normal attack bonus. Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver.

So anything that increases your attack bonus, e.g. Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike), Magic Weapon, flanking, etc..

Occasional Sage
2013-11-11, 05:32 PM
So anything that increases your attack bonus, e.g. Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike), Magic Weapon, flanking, etc..

Clearly.

Generic bonuses to attack tend to be smaller or more expensive than limited-use bonuses, though. A boost directly to CMB would be much more efficient.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-11-11, 08:16 PM
Lore Warden Fighter gets a blanket +2 to CMB and CMD every several levels.

The Bred for War racial (human) trait gives a blanket +1 to CMB along with Intimidate.

Advanced Defensive Combat Training feat gives +4 to CMD, but requires Defensive Combat Training. Kind of annoying, since DCT is completely worthless to fighters and other full BAB classes.

If you want to get the highest CMB/D possible, though, the best route is probably a Synthesist Summoner.

Occasional Sage
2013-11-11, 10:14 PM
I'm looking at around 4/5 BAB, so DCT is fantastic. More CMD is aight, and I've somehow totally overlooked that feat.

Lore Warden... I'll look at that one. Hopefully it stacks with Mobile.

EDIT: It's not, but the inventive to take more Fighter levels opens some interesting possibilities. Beyond the CMB, the extra feats may finally give me access to Low Templar, which would fill out my build nicely! (especially with a CMB boost at LT2)