PDA

View Full Version : BBEG Homebrew Request-"The Enemy"

EnemyTroper
2013-11-11, 05:59 AM
I would first like to apologize to the 'Request a Homebrew' Thread as well as others that respect it and those that homebrew in there. This Request has no bearing on your skills and talents. I am guilty of feeling that this Request is more similar to a project and might benefit from multiple people.

I would like to request The Evil Overlord/Magnificent Bastard as a Base Class.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagnificentBastard

Small Explanation:
In a sense I know that any "class" has the ability to be of "evil" alignment and be a BBEG(?) I was thinking it might be interesting if every feature screamed BBEG.

Sources of Inspiration:
Mtg Archenemy's Schemes
http://www.cardkingdom.com/catalog/view/2846
Main Plots:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StockEvilOverlordTactics
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilPlan
Classes:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13461835&postcount=35
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15586672&postcount=2
There are more but the I wanted to convey the tactician part of the "Enemy"

The "Enemy"'s class features are to be overtly felt. Even if the other players are not aware of the threat. The "Enemy" will gladly join up with heroes because not only is he arrogant but he can also wipe out competition(as well as steal their Plots/Work) and keep tabs on the Heroes

Class feature examples:
Plots, Schemes, and Backup Plans/Countermeasures...
(Anti Bard)- Infamous StoryTeller: You have spread Tales of villains and secret plots throughout your travels.(Gather Information DC checks vs The "Enemy" are increased by X where X is "???"
(Anti Fighter)-Secret Training: Through money or threats you have enlisted a skilled warrior to train you.(You have bad BAB but get a +1 to your attack every two levels. In the end the Enemy would be 20/15or10).
(Anti Hero)- Sower of Seeds: You spread rumors that changes peoples attitudes towards certain ideas, places, or people.
Steal Plot: This allows the enemy to attempt to salvage the DM's BBEG evil plan and make it their own with little time or effort needed.
Deep Pockets: You have additional funds each day to use as you see fit.
Forger Extraordinaire: You have a number of identies equal to X
Eyes and Ears Everywhere: If you are mentioned directly or indirectly you will learn about it within a weeks time(each time you invest into this "???" you subtract 2 days. If you go less than 1 you will be notified within 12 hours. Each additional investment halves
Information Network:1/2 Class level to Gather Information and Knowledge checks.

There would be "Plots" that would run exactly similar to the DMs BBEG.
Perhaps you are Building a Doomsday Device while the DM's is trying to raise a legion of the undead. Or perhaps your are also attempting to create a legion of your own, maybe undead, or demons, or a mercenary army.

Ideas&Examples:
Plot-Building Device (Doomsday, Time Machine, Giant moon sized lazer)
Schemes-Collecting Materials, Energy source, Special Components, etc...
Plot - Create Legion of Terror
Schemes- Recruitment(Choosing type and gaining bonuses to deal with them), etc...
Plot - Rule Kingdom
Schemes- Sower of Seeds, Black Mail, Purchase and Own etc...
Plot-Release Ancient Evil
Scheme: Energy Source, Magic Contracts, Recruitment(cultists)
Plot-Create Monster Beast
Scheme: Energy Source, Collect Material(creature)
Plot - Challenge a God
Scheme- Subvert Followers, Find Holy/Unholy Relic

There are a number of Plots that can be Set In Motion at any given time. You There will be Schemes that are specific to Plots and Schemes that can be used regardless of plots. And some Schemes might be in more than one plot. Plots can be swapped each day (similar to spell Preparation). The Variety could be varied. Maybe the Doomsday Device might be a Time Machine which will be used to change history or erase it.

Each scheme bestows abilities of their own.
Energy Source could be anything from magic energy, souls(any but probably specific),blood, Wind from the plane of Air.
Collect Components: The Enemy decides to use one of his magical devices and gains an item (from some preordained list or something allowed by the DM)

Counter Measures:Genre Savvy helps
(These are permanent choices and some can be chosen more than once.This list gives some great examples of good planning and some good Countermeasures.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilOverlordList
Extra Device:If your device or any component or power source is destroyed you act as if you had another one.
Doubles(clones, or actors.)
Perfect Alibi: If you are missing during crucial moments you have an alibi to support your absence. 1/day. Can stack
Trained Soldiers:(Know your Allies,Passwords,Perfect Fools)
Savvy Architecture[Traps Abound, No Where to Hide,etc...]:

Summary: The Enemy has many Plots "Set In Motion" all the time along with their inner schemes that allow them to work. They have defense measures against class features as well as to prevent their demise.

Query: Does anyone find this idea interesting and wish to take up this challenge with me and hopefully others? I have no experience with homebrewing and just wish to support this idea as much as possible.

EnemyTroper
2013-11-11, 01:36 PM
Apparently the name of the subject is enough to warrant 37 views but no takers or comments. Perhaps it was too much to presume the first lookers to jump at tge tasks.

Would it seem more courteous if I make a table and try to fill it out to some extent?

Any thoughts to the this idea. I believe some form of slight but personal and direct offensive ability might make it look more appealing but the possible strategies and plots are the bread and butter. I'll try to make tier level for the plots.

Any fluff abilities that might fut in nicely?

JoshuaZ
2013-11-11, 02:13 PM
Something like

Just as Planned(Ex): Once a day, you may declare that whatever apparent setback was actually exactly what you wanted, and reveal some scheme that would rely on that event, that you planned before hand.

Network
2013-11-11, 04:44 PM
I was keeping an incomplete and very rough draft of a Troper base class that may interest you of I get the chance to complete it. Basically, it gets a list of tropes known and may use them a certain number of times per day (all, not each). It may also play with the trope or induce a plot twist into the story. Given the nature of the class, I could be used for both good and evil characters.

I'm going to be busy this week, but I can start on completing it next week if you want.

Ra_Va
2013-11-11, 06:34 PM
Create Mini-Boss: Creates a Loyal Mini-Boss that has a Challenge Rating is 3 less than Magnificent Bastard's level or lower. He can also choose to double the number of Mini-Bosses by reducing the max CR of the M.B.'s by 2 per doubling (a 9th level Saint could create one CR 6 M.B.'s, two CR 4 M.B.'s, 4 CR 2 M.B.'s, or 8 CR 1 M.B.'s)

The Magnificent Bastard can bestow a title onto the Mini-Boss ('Lord/God of the Dead', 'Pirate-Lord', 'Crowned-Prince of Equestra', 'High-Priest of the Eastern Sea' etc.) that the Mini-Boss truly believes they fulfill.

EnemyTroper
2013-11-12, 03:00 AM
Awesome. I was wondering if my plea would go unaswered.

Something like

Just as Planned(Ex): Once a day, you may declare that whatever apparent setback was actually exactly what you wanted, and reveal some scheme that would rely on that event, that you planned before hand.

I like that a lot. So in a way if they end up destroying a magic talisman was going to use to mind control everyone it would allow you to switch schemes as if it was merely a decoy?

I was keeping an incomplete and very rough draft of a Troper base class that may interest you of I get the chance to complete it. Basically, it gets a list of tropes known and may use them a certain number of times per day (all, not each). It may also play with the trope or induce a plot twist into the story. Given the nature of the class, I could be used for both good and evil characters.

I'm going to be busy this week, but I can start on completing it next week if you want.

I'd like to see that very much. It seems very genre savvy which is what I am trying to create but without being game breaking. I would like to give some element of risk for using schemes and plots, as if it was possible to get found out.

Create Mini-Boss: Creates a Loyal Mini-Boss that has a Challenge Rating is 3 less than Magnificent Bastard's level or lower. He can also choose to double the number of Mini-Bosses by reducing the max CR of the M.B.'s by 2 per doubling (a 9th level Saint could create one CR 6 M.B.'s, two CR 4 M.B.'s, 4 CR 2 M.B.'s, or 8 CR 1 M.B.'s)

The Magnificent Bastard can bestow a title onto the Mini-Boss ('Lord/God of the Dead', 'Pirate-Lord', 'Crowned-Prince of Equestra', 'High-Priest of the Eastern Sea' etc.) that the Mini-Boss truly believes they fulfill.

Wow that is actually a nice way of creating some instant bad guys. I was hoping to have a mook/lackey at a earlier level than 4. A cohort is usually 2 levels lower right? What if you accepted a gullible commoner to work behind the scenes causing a little mayhem.

I was thinking that if push comes to shove if there is ever any doubt of your goodliness or evilness that you can engage in combat with the mini-bosses and with subtle hints they realize you are their leader(incase you were keeping it a secret) and you both deal minimum damage to each other or subdual if it is an option.

Working on a table but i think it might be lacking a lot, but will have to add to it.

Where do you think I should put Poison Use and some form of supernatural or extraodinary mind blank-ish ability to fool detect alignment.

EnemyTroper
2013-11-12, 04:37 AM
The Adversary

Hero 1 "What on earth is going on here?! I thought we destroyed the doomsday device!"
Adversary: "You thought I only had one of them?! That's a little careless of you."
Hero 2: "You'll never get away with this!"
Henchmen 1-4 "Avada Kedavra!" ...*Silence*
ADversary: "A raise for each of you as well as conjugal visits twice a week for the next month, after my next Plot to release Mephi- Oh my 7 'o' clock is starting. *enters another chamber*
Other Hero 1: "..."

The Adversary is a trickster, manipulator, chessmaster, and much more. They create plots and schemes that to even the most strategic minds and most revered oracles might never see the end result until he was too late.

Adventures: The Adversary adventures for many reasons whether it be destroying multiverse, becoming all powerful, or simply enslaving one or perhaps all races. To achieve these results Adversaries gather information on the world around them,finding resources, competition from other wannabe villains,opposition from wannabe heroes, and sow seeds if discourse to make sure all their 'pieces' are where they are supposed to be.

Characteristics: Through the use of their Plots and Schemes they manipulate the world around them subtly as well as noticeably as their plots get closer to completion

Alignment: An Adversary can be of any Alignment but the things they are willing to do would make a "Good" aligned seem either insane or an extremist. Though lawful seems to be the majority some chaotic Adversaries seem to have random ideas and seem to run with them to see what might come of them.

Religion: The Adversary is an enemy to all. Even the gods themselves. He might feign piety in order to trick others but to actually worship something greater than themselves though a rare few might plot for a god they either believe in just as much as one they might destroy.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
CLASS NAME's have the following game statistics.
Abilities: A brief description of what ability scores are important to your class.
Alignment: What alignments are available to your class are listed here. "Any" is a possibility.
Hit Die: d8
Starting Age: What age your class starts at level one as normally ("As barbarian," "As bard," and "As cleric" are the standard options, though feel free to put down the numbers, as well.).
Starting Gold: What amount of currency your class starts at level one with normally ("As barbarian," "As cleric," "As druid," "As fighter," "As monk," and "As sorcerer" are the standard options, though feel free to put down the numbers, as well.).

Class Skills
The Adversary's class skills Any;

Skill Points at First Level: (8 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 8 + Int modifier

CAdversary
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Plots|Resource Points

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+2|Secret Training,Plots I,Schemes,Resources|2|8
2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+x|Fair is for Suckers(Dirty Fighting), Poison Use|3|10

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Plot II, Step Ahead(First to Strike)|3|14

4th|
+2|
+4|
+4|
+4||4|20

5th|
+2|
+4|
+4|
+4|According to Plan I,Self Improvement |4|30

6th|
+3|
+5|
+5|
+5|Plot III, Self Improvement|5|38

7th|
+3|
+5|
+5|
+5|First to Strike (Healthy Paranoia),Fair is for Suckers(2d4)|5|46

8th|
+4|
+6|
+6|
+6||6|56

9th|
+4|
+6|
+6|
+6|Plot IV|6|60

10th|
+5|
+7|
+7|
+7|According to Plan II, Self Improvement|7|70

11th|
+5|
+7|
+7|
+7|Step Ahead(Saw it Coming)|7|82

12th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+8|
+8|Plot V, Self Improvement, Fair is for Suckers(3d4)|8|90

13th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+8|
+8||8|98

14th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+9|
+9||9|110

15th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+9|
+9|Plot VI,According to Plan III, Step Ahead (Eyes in the back of the Head), Self Improvement|9|120

16th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+10|
+10||10|132

17th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+10|
+10|Fair is for Suckers (4d4)|10|140

18th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+11|Plot VII,|11|150

19th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+11|A Step Ahead(In the Palms of My Hand)|11|170

20th|
+10/+5|
+12|
+12|
+12|Mastermind, According to Plan IV, Self Improvement |15|200[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons. All shields except Tower Shields(for now)

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Magnificent Bastard.
Secret Training(Ex):After your seemlingly endless research of how to become a proper Overlord you have learned that having martial prowess is very necessary. At level 1 and every 2 class levels after, the Adversary gains a +1 competence bonus to his attack roll.
Plots(Ex&Su): Plots are like large invisible puzzle where you never know when it is finished and every piece has its own dangers. Every plot has seven levels to completion . To Set in Motion the 7th level of a particular Plot. You must have all lower levels 'Set' and all required scheme requirements completed.

Take Over Everything: This plot can be done in many ways but most involve having your own army which is used to wipe the opposition away.

Step 1:
Requirements: Legion of Minions lvl 1; Legion of Mooks lvl 1; 1[Tactic] Scheme
Set In Motion: Double the number of groups, +1 leadership score
Step 2
Requirements: Legion of Minions lvl 2; Legion of Mooks lvl 1; 1[Tactic] Scheme
Set In Motion: Double the number of mobs of both minions and mooks
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Build "Doomsday" Device: As you Set in Motion each Plot level you gain access to a small personal prototype of the device.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Gain Massive Power: Search for Ancient Artifacts, Get Wishes granted

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Release Ancient Imprisoned Being: Gain access to magical item or elite personnel that are still loyal to the being.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Unseal My Power: Gain abilities via templates and procure ancient skill you once had (could allow a few levels of gestalting)

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:

Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Buy it All: As you Set this Plot in motion your wealth increases as well as your standing with various groups. You also corner a valuable commodity and your reach and control increases as well.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Cause Apocalypse: Just because you like to see suffering, you slowly ruin the world by whatever means necessary.(Plagues of Zombies, Poison the Air,etc ...)

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:

Gain Immortality: Whether a Alchemist's Potion, Dark Ritual, Or a sip of Eternal Youth granting water. You will live forever so you can plot even more.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Grand Theft Artifice: Item(s) with untold power. Create the world in your image

Step 1:
Requirements:e
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Mass Hypnosis:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Create a Religion:Become a God!

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Kill all of "x": Each Level set in motion a great number of x are killed.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Destroy Reputation

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Replace Big Good: Whether it be a King or a God you learn their secrets and work your way up so the heroes end up working for you.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Bargin with Entities Be a corrupter using Contracts and making sacrifices.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Vengeance: You were wronged by so and so's. Each level completed gives you defensive and offensive advantages to the one you wish to exact revenge on.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Create Utopia: Changing the world slowly into a Utopia(whether free will is allowed, or whether everyone is allowed in or not.

Step 1:
Requirements: Scheme
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Create Dystopia: Watch and nurture the darkness in everyone as you turn the world into a hopeless place.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Time Travel(possibly will be added as a Time Machine in the Build Device Plot): Invade the past, Take over for a historical individual and rule there and keep the ruling into the present, screw up history erasing any troublesome grandparents of future heroes.

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Schemes(Ex&Su):Schemes may give benefits both mundane and supernatural depending on the specific scheme and the level of resources placed into it. You can only choose a higher level if you have fulfilled all requirements including other schemes as well as having access to that level of Plot. To gain another tier you must invest an additional resource points equal to the tier level.

Aspect: Legion:
Legion of Minions[Legion]

Tier 1 – You have a group of 4 minions.
Tier 2 – You have a group of 8 minions
Tier 3 – You have a group of 12 minions
Tier 4 – You have a group of 16 minions
Tier 5 – You have a group of 20 minions

Legion of Mooks[Legion]

Tier 1 – You have a group of 4 mooks.
Tier 2 – You have a group of 8 mooks
Tier 3 – You have a group of 12 mooks
Tier 4 – You have a group of 16 mooks
Tier 5 – You have a group of 20 mooks

Hardy Minions[Legion]

Tier 1 -Minions gain DR/1
Tier 2 - Minions gain DR/ 2 [Energy type] Resistance 3
Tier 3 - Minions gain DR/ 3 [Energy type] Resistance 6
Tier 4 - Minions gain DR/ 4 [Energy type] Resistance 9
Tier 5 - Minions gain DR/ 5 [Energy type] Resistance 12

Sensitivity Training[Legion]

Tier 1 – Citizens’ attitude towards the members of the Legion are 1 step in closer to helpful.
Tier 2 – Member’s of the legion gain a bonus equal to the Adversary’s Intelligence to Sense Motive checks.
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Recruitment[Legion] Requires Improved Income lvl 1

Tier 1 -Your Legion increases in size (x2)
Tier 2 -Your Legion increases in size (x3)
Tier 3 -Your Legion increases in size (x4)
Tier 4 -Your Legion increases in size (x5)
Tier 5 -Your Legion increases in size (x6)

Equal Opportunity-Status[Legion]

Tier 1 - *list of classes that can be used*
Tier 2 - *list of classes that can be used*
Tier 3 - *list of classes that can be used*
Tier 4 - *list of classes that can be used*
Tier 5 - *list of classes that can be used*

Equal Opportunity-Size[Legion]

Tier 1 - Increase or Decrease base creature size of a group by 1
Tier 2 - Increase or Decrease base creature size of a group by 2
Tier 3 - Increase or Decrease base creature size of a group by 3
Tier 4 - Increase or Decrease base creature size of a group by 4
Tier 5 - Increase or Decrease base creature size of a group by 5

Equal Opportunity-Race[Legion]

Tier 1 - +0 LA races
Tier 2 - +1 LA races
Tier 3 - +2 LA races
Tier 4 - +3 LA races
Tier 5 - +4 LA races

Health Care[Legion]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Find Lieutenants[Legion]

Tier 1 – Gain 1 lieutenant of your level -3.
Tier 2 – Gain 2 characters of your level -4
Tier 3 – Gain 3 lieutenant of your level - 5
Tier 4 – Gain 5 lieutenant of your level -6
Tier 5 – Gain 6 lieutenant of your level -7

Aspect: Funds:
Improved Income[Funds]How ever you do it your increase your income

Tier 1 - +1 additional gold/level
Tier 2 - +1 additional gold/level
Tier 3 - +1 additional gold/level
Tier 4 - +1 additional gold/level
Tier 5 - +1 additional gold/level

Business Savvy[Funds]

Tier 1 - Increase income (x2)
Tier 2 - Increase income (x3)
Tier 3- Increase income (x4)
Tier 4- Increase income (x5)
Tier 5- Increase income (x6)

Business Partner[Funds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Advertisement[Funds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: Manipulation:
Aspect. Reputation:
Charities[Reputation]:Requires Extra Income

Tier 1 – Commoners’ attitude is one level higher. No higher than helpful
Tier 2 – Gain Hide in Plain Sight when surrounded by commoners.
Tier 3 – Walking through crowds does not count as difficult terrain for you. Commoners become difficult terrain to those that are perceived to be enemies of the Adversary.
Tier 4 – Commoners’ attitude is two levels higher. no higher than helpful
Tier 5 – Commoners become hostile against those that treat the Adversary badly.

Member of the High Society[Reputation]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Corner the Market[Reputation]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: Devices:
Mass Production[Devices] Requirement: Must have a working prototype

Tier 1 -
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Bigger is Better[Devices]-Requirement: Must have working Prototype

Tier 1 – Device is one step Larger. Hardness increases 2. (x2) damage. (x2) Distance (x2) area effect
Tier 2 – Device is two steps larger. Hardness increases by 4. (x3) damage. (x3) range (x3) area effect
Tier 3 – Device is three steps larger. Hardness increases by 6. (x4) damage.(x4) range(x4) area effect
Tier 4 – Device is four steps larger. Hardness increases by 8. 8 (x5) damage. (x5) range
Tier 5 --- ?

Smaller is Better[Devices]

Tier 1 Device is one step smaller. Decrease recharge time by 1 round
Tier 2 Device is two steps smaller. Decrease recharge time by 2 rounds
Tier 3 Device is three steps smaller. Decrease recharge time by 3 rounds
Tier 4 Device is four steps smaller. Decrease recharge time by 4 rounds
Tier 5 ????

Aspect: Security:
Clearance[Security]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

No Where to Hide[Security]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: Tactics:
Aspect: Knowledge:
Contacts[Knowledge]

Tier 1 - Gain +2 knowledge checks and gather information check. GI checks take 1 hour
Tier 2 -
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Background Checks[Knowledge]

Tier 1 - Gain +2 knowledge checks and gather information check
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: Dark Deeds:

Contractor[Dark Deeds]

Tier 1 - Lawful Loopholes, Clearing Debt
Tier 2 - Other-worldly Dealings,Soul Collector(1)
Tier 3 - Soul Collector(2), Binding Contract(Vestige[1])
Tier 4
Tier 5

Black Mailer[Dark Deeds] -Requires Background Check of Same level

Tier 1 -Tit for Tat
Tier 2 - Or Else
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Counterfeiter [Dark Deeds]
[LIST=1]
Tier 1 - More Than Just Paper, +2 to Craft and Profession checks to make a forgery
Tier 2 - Nystul’s Magic Aura, +4 to Craft and Professional checks to make a forgery
Tier 3 -
Tier 4 - Fabricate, +8 to Craft and Professional checks to make a forgery
Tier 5 - Polymorph Any Object, +10 to craft and Professional checks to make a forgery
Kidnapping[Dark Deeds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: CounterMeasures
Life Forger[CounterMeasures]

Tier 1 - Gain 1 Secret Identity, Undetectable Alignment
Tier 2 - 2 Secret Identities, Alter Self, Mimicry
Tier 3 - 3 Secret Identities, True Disguise
Tier 4 - 4 Secret Identies, Life of their Own
Tier 5 - 5 Secret Identies,

]Doubles[CounterMeasures]

Tier 1 - 1/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a safe location.
Tier 2 - 2/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a safe location.
Tier 3 - 3/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a safe location.
Tier 4 - 4/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a pre-chosen location
Tier 5 - 5/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a pre-chosen location.

Sower of Seeds[CounterMeasures]
[LIST=1]
Tier 1 - Rumors Abound(-2), Seeds(1)
Tier 2 - Rumours Abound(-4), Seeds(2)
Tier 3 - Rumors Abound(-6), Seeds(3)
Tier 4 - Rumors Abound(-8), Seeds(4)
Tier 5 - Rumors Abound(-10), Seeds(5)

Resources: Whether from hard work, financial planning, or less savory deeds you have resources of both monetary and labor. You have a number of Resource Points (seen in the table above which you can use to increase the scheme tiers
According to Plan
Fair is for Suckers: All is fair in love and war. At second level you gain the Dirty Fighting feat. Every 5 levels after the damage goes up as shown on the table above.
Poison Use: You are adept at using poison and never risk poisoning yourself.
Step Ahead:

First to Strike: At 3rd level and every 4 levels after you gain a +1 insight bonus to your initiative. You Also gain the Quick Draw feat.
Healthy Paranoia: You have trained yourself to expect backstabbers and spies where ever you go. You gain uncanny dodge as well as +X circumstance bonus to spot and listen checks when someone is following you. X is equal to your Int modifier.
In The Palm of My Hands:Your mind has been honed to such a degree to expect surprise attacks even if there was no signs of one. You can act normally in a surprise round
Eyes in the Back of My Head
Right On Time: You may act within another Person's Time Stop spell as if you had cast it at the same time.

Self Improvement: Unlike most you takes steps to further improve your mind and body knowing that their are always dangers. The Adversary gains a +1 to any three stats they wish. But they must be put into separate attributes.[/QUOTE]

Primal Fury
2013-11-12, 02:02 PM
I must say, this looks like a LOT of fun. I've always wanted to play a character like this, plotting and scheming whatnot, but the only thing that seemed to fit it was the rogue or the wizard, and neither of those felt right. I'd be glad to offer you some assistance or ideas.

First of all, I would like to ask where you're going with this? Are these plots and schemes meant to be more mundane, supernatural, or a little of both? What kind of class skills are you going for here? Will the 7th level of plot function as the capstone abilities? Finally, and most importantly, is this intended for use by PCs, or just for NPCs?

EnemyTroper
2013-11-12, 07:38 PM
I must say, this looks like a LOT of fun. I've always wanted to play a character like this, plotting and scheming whatnot, but the only thing that seemed to fit it was the rogue or the wizard, and neither of those felt right. I'd be glad to offer you some assistance or ideas.

Thank you very much for you interest, thoughts and your willingness to assist.
First of all, I would like to ask where you're going with this? Are these plots and schemes meant to be more mundane, supernatural, or a little of both? What kind of class skills are you going for here? Will the 7th level of plot function as the capstone abilities? Finally, and most importantly, is this intended for use by PCs, or just for NPCs?

I'll start with the last question first. This class is intended for PCs. It should work for NPCs too but this was a class I wanted to play.

Where is it going? Hmm, I I regret being influenced by other systems but lately I see the plots and schemes might be a cross of incarnum-like investing but instead of it being solely personal it affects the world around you as well.

When it comes to the plots and schemes I would like to see them as both mundane and super natural but focusing a lot more on the mundane since it is more impressive when magic can't counter it with a wave of a hand.

An example of a magical plot is that if you wanted to alter your Legion of Terror from recruited humanoids to undead. There would be a scheme that would offer undead empathy, as well as a clerics rebuke undead. Depending on how many schemes you invest you can choose alternatives of creature types. Investing. (might need to come up with a better term) into the Recruitment Scheme would increase the number of mooks you have. But if you invest in a scheme Financially Blessed you can not only increase the daily allowance that you get (have to add that feature) , but it also allows you to access other schemes such as Soldier in Training where you need F.B. to get increased sensitivity training so that npcs have a slightly better attitude towards the soldiers so they are more likely to help soldiers and turn in the heroes.

Plots will be require a certain level for schemes to be at so you can actually set them in motion and move on to the next plot level.

I want to add that though the the Magnificent Bastard can be played openly vs the players there are lots of benefits of being hidden. Saying that, every Plot level you decide to Set in Motion increases the llikelihood of your plots being learned of.

Oops got carried away. I was thinking of having any and all class skills available. I can't I.agine what skills they might not have whether it be for a cover or something else.

Not sure about Capstone yet. It might be a series of vast improvements of other features or or something else approaching Epic terror sensations.

Primal Fury
2013-11-13, 12:17 AM
I'll start with the last question first. This class is intended for PCs. It should work for NPCs too but this was a class I wanted to play.
Good!

Where is it going? Hmm, I I regret being influenced by other systems but lately I see the plots and schemes might be a cross of incarnum-like investing but instead of it being solely personal it affects the world around you as well.
Well that seems like that pool of resources should be... well... Resources. A collection of various funds, contacts, favors, etc. that allow you get what you need when you need it. Outside of Plots and Schemes, the Mastermind (I like this name better), these Resources can be used to pay for items, get information, and generally just make your life easier. Is that what you're going for?

EnemyTroper
2013-11-13, 02:31 AM
Good!

Well that seems like that pool of resources should be... well... Resources. A collection of various funds, contacts, favors, etc. that allow you get what you need when you need it. Outside of Plots and Schemes, the Mastermind (I like this name better), these Resources can be used to pay for items, get information, and generally just make your life easier. Is that what you're going for?

I do believe that does some them up rather well. I'm going to give a quick shot of putting down the possible Plots ideas.

Plots:

Take Over Everything: This plot can be done in many ways but most involve having your own army which is used to wipe the opposition away.
Build "Doomsday" Device: As you Set in Motion each Plot level you gain access to a small personal prototype of the device.
Release Ancient Imprisoned Being: Gain access to magical item or elite personnel that are still loyal to the being.
Unseal My Power: Gain abilities via templates and procure ancient skill you once had (could allow a few levels of gestalting)
Buy it All: As you Set this Plot in motion your wealth increases as well as your standing with various groups. You also corner a valuable commodity and your reach and control increases as well.
Cause Apocalypse: Just because you like to see suffering, you slowly ruin the world by whatever means necessary.(Plagues of Zombies, Poison the Air,etc ...)
Gain Immortality: Whether a Alchemist's Potion, Dark Ritual, Or a sip of Eternal Youth granting water. You will live forever so you can plot even more.
Mass Hypnosis:
Destroy Reputation
Replace Big Good: Whether it be a King or a God you learn their secrets and work your way up so the heroes end up working for you.
Vengeance: You were wronged by so and so's. Each level completed gives you defensive and offensive advantages to the one you wish to exact revenge on.
Create Utopia: Changing the world slowly into a Utopia(whether free will is allowed, or whether everyone is allowed in or not.
Create Dystopia: Watch and nurture the darkness in everyone as you turn the world into a hopeless place.
Time Travel(possibly will be added as a Time Machine in the Build Device Plot): Invade the past, Take over for a historical individual and rule there and keep the ruling into the present, screw up history erasing any troublesome grandparents of future heroes.

I don't have a problem with Mastermind but I see them as more behind the scenes kind of person. When you think Mastermind do you think charismatic as well as intelligent.

I got caught using Magnificent Bastard in response to someone saying it. I like the Vagueness of "The Enemy". What do you think?

Primal Fury
2013-11-13, 10:19 AM
I don't have a problem with Mastermind but I see them as more behind the scenes kind of person. When you think Mastermind do you think charismatic as well as intelligent.
Wait... then what are you going for here? How can one succeed at a class like this without also being charismatic? When I think of this class, I'm thinking of David Xanatos from Gargoyles, who was VERY charismatic. :smallconfused:

I got caught using Magnificent Bastard in response to someone saying it. I like the Vagueness of "The Enemy". What do you think?

If that's what we're going for, I like "The Adversary". It doesn't sound as... evil, it can apply to good and evil characters, and it sounds fancy. :smallbiggrin:

Also, what are you planning for weapon and armor proficiencies? Having access to all of that seems like a bit much, considering you're thinking about giving them access to all skills (which does seem appropriate).

EnemyTroper
2013-11-14, 03:46 AM
Wait... then what are you going for here? How can one succeed at a class like this without also being charismatic? When I think of this class, I'm thinking of David Xanatos from Gargoyles, who was VERY charismatic. :smallconfused:

If that's what we're going for, I like "The Adversary". It doesn't sound as... evil, it can apply to good and evil characters, and it sounds fancy. :smallbiggrin:

Also, what are you planning for weapon and armor proficiencies? Having access to all of that seems like a bit much, considering you're thinking about giving them access to all skills (which does seem appropriate).

All Simple Weapons and a choice of five martial weapons.
Small and Medium shields. No tower Shields

Oh charismatic is the deal. I was simply looking at the Mastermind name specifically. I do like "Adversary" and will go back and change the name where needed.

To help keep this noticed on the first page I will also include a few base scheme ideas as well.

Schemes:
Special Training[Legion]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Recruitment[Legion]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Health Care[Legion]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Find Lieutenants[Legion]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Charities[Pulblic Relations]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Politics[Public Relations]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Mass Production[Devices]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Bigger is Better[Devices]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Clearance[Security]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Research Background[Information]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Kidnapping[Dark Deeds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Contracts[Dark Deeds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Black Mail[Dark Deeds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Income[Funds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Business Savvy[Funds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Business Investment[Funds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Corner the Market[Public Relations]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Advertisement[Goods]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Life Forger[Hide in Open]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Sower of Seeds[Hide in Open]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

How dos this look and feel
Income[Funds]

Tier 1-You have 2 gold/class level
Tier 2 You have 4 gold
Tier 3 you have 6 gold/class level
Tier 4 You have 8 gold/class level
Tier 5 You have 10 gold/class level

Business Savvy[Funds]:Requires Income[lvl 1]

Tier 1 - Double your income (x2)
Tier 2 - Double your income (x3)
Tier 3 - Double your income (x4)
Tier 4 - Double your income (x5)
Tier 5 - Double your income (x6)

Currently a little unimpressive. I need to come up with with something more flavorful. I need some schemes or Tier ability ideas. I had two interesting builds of the plot Buy It All. At a high level you some how claim air as your product. People pay or they magically suffocate. Or mass produce tiny versions of your doomsday prototype and distribute them throughout the city to all the commoners.

Network
2013-11-14, 05:48 PM
Currently a little unimpressive. I need to come up with with something more flavorful. I need some schemes or Tier ability ideas. I had two interesting builds of the plot Buy It All. At a high level you some how claim air as your product. People pay or they magically suffocate. Or mass produce tiny versions of your doomsday prototype and distribute them throughout the city to all the commoners.
If it is of any help, Amanda Clarke, David Xanatos, Doctor Doom, Lelouch Lamperouge, Lex Luthor, Light Yagami, and Prince Phobos are all expert manipulators which could be used as inspirations for the class. I'm not fully familiar with all of them, but a great deal of their tricks could be made into class features, and they may fill in the flavor of the class.

Edit : And Batman, too. Can't forget Batman.

EnemyTroper
2013-11-15, 03:56 AM
If it is of any help, Amanda Clarke, David Xanatos, Doctor Doom, Lelouch Lamperouge, Lex Luthor, Light Yagami, and Prince Phobos are all expert manipulators which could be used as inspirations for the class. I'm not fully familiar with all of them, but a great deal of their tricks could be made into class features, and they may fill in the flavor of the class.

Edit : And Batman, too. Can't forget Batman.

Who's Batman ....?

I shall have a look at those maniplulators and masterminds.

... i had an idea for feature but forgot it.

I need some ideas for Hero CounterMeasures.
Countermeasures;
Bard(bardic knowledge and/or morale bonuses)
Fighter/Monk(anything that limits number of attacks and mobility)
Wizard(defenses against spells might be similar to making a few schemes that give defenses against each school
Cleric-(no clue)
Rogue(i think I might have this covered if I just take improvements to my guards and my bases then a lot of sneakiness can be deterred

Countermeasures can be a certain Scheme type though.
--------

Tier 1 - +0 LA races
Tier 2 - +1 LA races
Tier 3 - +2 LA races
Tier 4 - +3 LA races
Tier 5 - +4 LA races

-----------
Thoughts on these Schemes and possible additional themes you might like to see. I think I will start

I keep thinking about the devices. Prototypes are just minor reflections of the possible greater plot.
Plot - Build Doomsday Device- Entropy Cannon
Plot I touch attack that bypasses Hardness and DR 1d4 untyped
Plot II range touch attack 15 feet that bypasses Hardness and DR 3d4 untyped
Plot III range touch attack (30 feet)
Plot IV range touch attack (60 feet)(30 foot area effect) 5d4 untyped
Plot V range touch attack (90 feet)(60 area affect) 7d4
Plot VI range touch attack (120 feet)(90 area effect)9d4
Plot VII range touch attack

With Ranged weapons I'm not sure if I should go with # of charges or if there is a recharge feature, or both.
Maybe a chance of failure to operate or chance of over heating. Looking at it it doesn't seem much of a threat compared to a same level wizard. Probably worse.

I need to lower the Resource Points. need to have just enough to fulfill almost all the plots and have some extra for utility and other purposes such as Legion and Security Schemes.

EnemyTroper
2013-11-20, 03:40 AM
I've made some changes and organized things a little bit. I've decided to separate each scheme into certain aspects more for organization than anything else.

I need a template for my minion mob.
I like what was done http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238945
I going to have two different groups of the legion Mooks and Minions. I want the minions to be focused on swarming. They are more used for numbers with the intention to be used to stall and use up actions more than anything else and if you invest resources into Tactics. They can be used as limited time meat shields.
The damage is dealt as a group with the default damage at 1.

I placed them in groups of 4 because there might be Schemes that allow you to sacrifice a mob to get an improved version, gain a class level, a stronger race.

What are your thoughts?

EnemyTroper
2013-11-25, 04:59 AM
The Adversary

Hero 1 "What on earth is going on here?! I thought we destroyed the doomsday device!"
Adversary: "You thought I only had one of them?! That's a little careless of you."
Hero 2: "You'll never get away with this!"
Henchmen 1-4 "Avada Kedavra!" ...*Silence*
ADversary: "A raise for each of you as well as conjugal visits twice a week for the next month, after my next Plot to release Mephi- Oh my 7 'o' clock is starting. *enters another chamber*
Other Hero 1: "..."

The Adversary is a trickster, manipulator, chessmaster, and much more. They create plots and schemes that to even the most strategic minds and most revered oracles might never see the end result until he was too late.

Adventures: The Adversary adventures for many reasons whether it be destroying multiverse, becoming all powerful, or simply enslaving one or perhaps all races. To achieve these results Adversaries gather information on the world around them,finding resources, competition from other wannabe villains,opposition from wannabe heroes, and sow seeds if discourse to make sure all their 'pieces' are where they are supposed to be.

Characteristics: Through the use of their Plots and Schemes they manipulate the world around them subtly as well as noticeably as their plots get closer to completion

Alignment: An Adversary can be of any Alignment but the things they are willing to do would make a "Good" aligned seem either insane or an extremist. Though lawful seems to be the majority some chaotic Adversaries seem to have random ideas and seem to run with them to see what might come of them.

Religion: The Adversary is an enemy to all. Even the gods themselves. He might feign piety in order to trick others but to actually worship something greater than themselves though a rare few might plot for a god they either believe in just as much as one they might destroy.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
CLASS NAME's have the following game statistics.
Abilities: A brief description of what ability scores are important to your class.
Alignment: What alignments are available to your class are listed here. "Any" is a possibility.
Hit Die: d8
Starting Age: What age your class starts at level one as normally ("As barbarian," "As bard," and "As cleric" are the standard options, though feel free to put down the numbers, as well.).
Starting Gold: What amount of currency your class starts at level one with normally ("As barbarian," "As cleric," "As druid," "As fighter," "As monk," and "As sorcerer" are the standard options, though feel free to put down the numbers, as well.).

Class Skills
The Adversary's class skills Any;

Skill Points at First Level: (8 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 8 + Int modifier

CAdversary
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Plots|Resource Points

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+2|Secret Training,Plots I,Schemes,Resources|2|8
2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+x|Fair is for Suckers(Dirty Fighting), Poison Use|3|10

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Plot II, Step Ahead(First to Strike)|3|14

4th|
+2|
+4|
+4|
+4||4|20

5th|
+2|
+4|
+4|
+4|According to Plan I,Self Improvement |4|30

6th|
+3|
+5|
+5|
+5|Plot III, Self Improvement|5|38

7th|
+3|
+5|
+5|
+5|First to Strike (Healthy Paranoia),Fair is for Suckers(2d4)|5|46

8th|
+4|
+6|
+6|
+6||6|56

9th|
+4|
+6|
+6|
+6|Plot IV|6|60

10th|
+5|
+7|
+7|
+7|According to Plan II, Self Improvement|7|70

11th|
+5|
+7|
+7|
+7|Step Ahead(Saw it Coming)|7|82

12th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+8|
+8|Plot V, Self Improvement, Fair is for Suckers(3d4)|8|90

13th|
+6/+1|
+8|
+8|
+8||8|98

14th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+9|
+9||9|110

15th|
+7/+2|
+9|
+9|
+9|Plot VI,According to Plan III, Step Ahead (Eyes in the back of the Head), Self Improvement|9|120

16th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+10|
+10||10|132

17th|
+8/+3|
+10|
+10|
+10|Fair is for Suckers (4d4)|10|140

18th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+11|Plot VII,|11|150

19th|
+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+11|A Step Ahead(In the Palms of My Hand)|11|170

20th|
+10/+5|
+12|
+12|
+12|Mastermind, According to Plan IV, Self Improvement |15|200[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons. All shields except Tower Shields(for now)

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Magnificent Bastard.
Secret Training(Ex):After your seemlingly endless research of how to become a proper Overlord you have learned that having martial prowess is very necessary. At level 1 and every 2 class levels after, the Adversary gains a +1 competence bonus to his attack roll.
Plots(Ex&Su): Plots are like large invisible puzzle where you never know when it is finished and every piece has its own dangers. Every plot has seven levels to completion . To Set in Motion the 7th level of a particular Plot. You must have all lower levels 'Set' and all required scheme requirements completed.

Step 1:
Requirements: Legion of Minions lvl 1; Legion of Mooks lvl 1; 1[Tactic] Scheme
Set In Motion: Double the number of groups, +1 leadership score
Step 2
Requirements: Legion of Minions lvl 2; Legion of Mooks lvl 1; 1[Tactic] Scheme
Set In Motion: Double the number of mobs of both minions and mooks
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:

Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:e
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Mass Hypnosis:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Destroy Reputation

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements: Scheme
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Step 1:
Requirements:
Set In Motion
Step 2
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 3:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 4:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 5:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Step 6:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:
Final Step:
Requirements:
Set In Motion:

Schemes(Ex&Su):Schemes may give benefits both mundane and supernatural depending on the specific scheme and the level of resources placed into it. You can only choose a higher level if you have fulfilled all requirements including other schemes as well as having access to that level of Plot. To gain another tier you must invest an additional resource points equal to the tier level.

Aspect: Legion:
Legion of Minions[Legion]

Tier 1 – You have a group of 4 minions.
Tier 2 – You have a group of 8 minions
Tier 3 – You have a group of 12 minions
Tier 4 – You have a group of 16 minions
Tier 5 – You have a group of 20 minions

Legion of Mooks[Legion]

Tier 1 – You have a group of 4 mooks.
Tier 2 – You have a group of 8 mooks
Tier 3 – You have a group of 12 mooks
Tier 4 – You have a group of 16 mooks
Tier 5 – You have a group of 20 mooks

Hardy Minions[Legion]

Tier 1 -Minions gain DR/1
Tier 2 - Minions gain DR/ 2 [Energy type] Resistance 3
Tier 3 - Minions gain DR/ 3 [Energy type] Resistance 6
Tier 4 - Minions gain DR/ 4 [Energy type] Resistance 9
Tier 5 - Minions gain DR/ 5 [Energy type] Resistance 12

Tier 1 – Citizens’ attitude towards the members of the Legion are 1 step in closer to helpful.
Tier 2 – Member’s of the legion gain a bonus equal to the Adversary’s Intelligence to Sense Motive checks.
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Recruitment[Legion] Requires Improved Income lvl 1

Tier 1 -Your Legion increases in size (x2)
Tier 2 -Your Legion increases in size (x3)
Tier 3 -Your Legion increases in size (x4)
Tier 4 -Your Legion increases in size (x5)
Tier 5 -Your Legion increases in size (x6)

Tier 1 - +0 LA races
Tier 2 - +1 LA races
Tier 3 - +2 LA races
Tier 4 - +3 LA races
Tier 5 - +4 LA races

Health Care[Legion]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Find Lieutenants[Legion]

Tier 1 – Gain 1 lieutenant of your level -3.
Tier 2 – Gain 2 characters of your level -4
Tier 3 – Gain 3 lieutenant of your level - 5
Tier 4 – Gain 5 lieutenant of your level -6
Tier 5 – Gain 6 lieutenant of your level -7

Aspect: Funds:
Improved Income[Funds]How ever you do it your increase your income

Tier 1 - +1 additional gold/level
Tier 2 - +1 additional gold/level
Tier 3 - +1 additional gold/level
Tier 4 - +1 additional gold/level
Tier 5 - +1 additional gold/level

Business Savvy[Funds]

Tier 1 - Increase income (x2)
Tier 2 - Increase income (x3)
Tier 3- Increase income (x4)
Tier 4- Increase income (x5)
Tier 5- Increase income (x6)

Business Partner[Funds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Advertisement[Funds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: Manipulation:
Aspect. Reputation:
Charities[Reputation]:Requires Extra Income

Tier 1 – Commoners’ attitude is one level higher. No higher than helpful
Tier 2 – Gain Hide in Plain Sight when surrounded by commoners.
Tier 3 – Walking through crowds does not count as difficult terrain for you. Commoners become difficult terrain to those that are perceived to be enemies of the Adversary.
Tier 4 – Commoners’ attitude is two levels higher. no higher than helpful
Tier 5 – Commoners become hostile against those that treat the Adversary badly.

Member of the High Society[Reputation]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Corner the Market[Reputation]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: Devices:
Mass Production[Devices] Requirement: Must have a working prototype

Tier 1 -
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Bigger is Better[Devices]-Requirement: Must have working Prototype

Tier 1 – Device is one step Larger. Hardness increases 2. (x2) damage. (x2) Distance (x2) area effect
Tier 2 – Device is two steps larger. Hardness increases by 4. (x3) damage. (x3) range (x3) area effect
Tier 3 – Device is three steps larger. Hardness increases by 6. (x4) damage.(x4) range(x4) area effect
Tier 4 – Device is four steps larger. Hardness increases by 8. 8 (x5) damage. (x5) range
Tier 5 --- ?

Tier 1 Device is one step smaller. Decrease recharge time by 1 round
Tier 2 Device is two steps smaller. Decrease recharge time by 2 rounds
Tier 3 Device is three steps smaller. Decrease recharge time by 3 rounds
Tier 4 Device is four steps smaller. Decrease recharge time by 4 rounds
Tier 5 ????

Aspect: Security:
Clearance[Security]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: Tactics:
Aspect: Knowledge:
Contacts[Knowledge]

Tier 1 - Gain +2 knowledge checks and gather information check. GI checks take 1 hour
Tier 2 -
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Background Checks[Knowledge]

Tier 1 - Gain +2 knowledge checks and gather information check
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: Dark Deeds:

Contractor[Dark Deeds]

Tier 1 - Lawful Loopholes, Clearing Debt
Tier 2 - Other-worldly Dealings,Soul Collector(1)
Tier 3 - Soul Collector(2), Binding Contract(Vestige[1])
Tier 4
Tier 5

Black Mailer[Dark Deeds] -Requires Background Check of Same level

Tier 1 -Tit for Tat
Tier 2 - Or Else
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Counterfeiter [Dark Deeds]
[LIST=1]
Tier 1 - More Than Just Paper, +2 to Craft and Profession checks to make a forgery
Tier 2 - Nystul’s Magic Aura, +4 to Craft and Professional checks to make a forgery
Tier 3 -
Tier 4 - Fabricate, +8 to Craft and Professional checks to make a forgery
Tier 5 - Polymorph Any Object, +10 to craft and Professional checks to make a forgery
Kidnapping[Dark Deeds]

Tier 1
Tier 2
Tier 3
Tier 4
Tier 5

Aspect: CounterMeasures
Life Forger[CounterMeasures]

Tier 1 - Gain 1 Secret Identity, Undetectable Alignment
Tier 2 - 2 Secret Identities, Alter Self, Mimicry
Tier 3 - 3 Secret Identities, True Disguise
Tier 4 - 4 Secret Identies, Life of their Own
Tier 5 - 5 Secret Identies,

]Doubles[CounterMeasures]

Tier 1 - 1/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a safe location.
Tier 2 - 2/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a safe location.
Tier 3 - 3/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a safe location.
Tier 4 - 4/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a pre-chosen location
Tier 5 - 5/week If you die. One double is retired and you are unharmed and in a pre-chosen location.

Sower of Seeds[CounterMeasures]
[LIST=1]
Tier 1 - Rumors Abound(-2), Seeds(1)
Tier 2 - Rumours Abound(-4), Seeds(2)
Tier 3 - Rumors Abound(-6), Seeds(3)
Tier 4 - Rumors Abound(-8), Seeds(4)
Tier 5 - Rumors Abound(-10), Seeds(5)

Resources: Whether from hard work, financial planning, or less savory deeds you have resources of both monetary and labor. You have a number of Resource Points (seen in the table above which you can use to increase the scheme tiers
According to Plan
Fair is for Suckers: All is fair in love and war. At second level you gain the Dirty Fighting feat. Every 5 levels after the damage goes up as shown on the table above.
Poison Use: You are adept at using poison and never risk poisoning yourself.
Step Ahead:

First to Strike: At 3rd level and every 4 levels after you gain a +1 insight bonus to your initiative. You Also gain the Quick Draw feat.
Healthy Paranoia: You have trained yourself to expect backstabbers and spies where ever you go. You gain uncanny dodge as well as +X circumstance bonus to spot and listen checks when someone is following you. X is equal to your Int modifier.
In The Palm of My Hands:Your mind has been honed to such a degree to expect surprise attacks even if there was no signs of one. You can act normally in a surprise round
Eyes in the Back of My Head
Right On Time: You may act within another Person's Time Stop spell as if you had cast it at the same time.

Self Improvement: Unlike most you takes steps to further improve your mind and body knowing that their are always dangers. The Adversary gains a +1 to any three stats they wish. But they must be put into separate attributes.[/QUOTE]

I'm pleasantly surprised to it has still been looked at this.

I've tried to clean it up a bit more though I have an extra spoiler than I'm not even sure how to get rid of it. Added some base ideas/names to some of the Dark Deeds
----------------------------------------------
I was wondering if there is something lacking or is it too big and messy to know where to give thoughts or criticisms? Or maybe there isn't enough to actually to criticize?

I am considering to make new thread better Title and easier to look at. I feel a need for help with the plots and schemes specifically and the whole portrayal of the class.

Plots and Schemes:
Plots I think the Plots are too specific and some might simply step on the toes of other. I'm just not sure how to go about it. I'm wondering if Certain Tiers should require a certain amount of money.
Should the Plots themselves have levels or maybe should rename them as Stages and each Stage tells how large of an effect it has like a village, town, city, metropolitan, country, etc...
Schemes should they go up to level 7 too? That way it could be easier to adjust for the level of spells that I might use.

Also I need to know if it fits the criteria that I was aiming for.
Chessmaster
Trickster
Manipulative Bastard

EnemyTroper
2013-11-26, 03:48 AM
Just some quick thoughts towards class features that I wanted to jot down and hopefully get some help with them. Save DCs and possible effects

Sower of Seeds will be made into a separate Feature instead of Schemes and is my attempt to add a bit of the Manipulative Bastard theme into the character.

Sower of Seeds: You know that . You can plant a number of Seeds equal to (Cha mod + class level)but only a total of 1 +one-fifth your level can be planted into one individual. You may also choose whether the Seed planted is Hibernating or Awake.
Rage:
Calm: For each Seed of Calm planted, the seed can be awakened by
Love
Hate
Doubt: For each Seed of Doubt planted -2 to all skill checks
Hope:
Dread
Courage +1 to saving throws vs Fear Effects.+1 to Attack
Fear: -1 Penalty vs Fear effects/seed. Two Seeds of Fear cancel Immunity to Fear
Trust: For every Seed of trust planted, the Adversary can make one request/Suggestion /day
Paranoid:

Presence: You can project an aura as a swift action as well discontinue it as a free action. You can
Inconspicuous
Threatening
Frightening
Inspiring