PDA

View Full Version : Please help with feat selection (AoO/psionics)

JW86
2013-11-11, 09:31 AM
Hello, our group has just been rewarded by some Dragon God for assistance. We've been given a pretty awesome reward (+1 to all attributes, an ability to reform our characters from level 1 up, including shifting around attribute points, retroactive skill points, all kinds of broken goodness for us to become avatars of the Dragons on this plane).

This is good as this is our first ever game and we all built stupidly :P

I am asking for help with feat selection.
I have a Level 18 Githzerai, LA is bought off/disregarded by this point.

Spell to Power Erudite 10/ Slayer 8

Idea is they have a frickin' Jovar with Improved Crit (15-20 threat range) that in 2 more levels time they will be imbuing with the Psionic "Coup de Grace" enchantment. I want to couple this with some AoO abilities (combat reflexes, martial maneuver/study for Thicket of Blades, maybe Robilar's Gambit) to make opponents really, really regret stepping :smallamused:

STR 18, DEX 18, CON 18, INT 34, WIS 10, CHA 8 - including all items, tomes etc.

I am also wanting to use Extend/Persistent to power up the buffs like Inertial Armour, Force Screen, Concealing Amorpha, Vigor, Share Pain, etc.

Ultimately, this leaves me with a really long lists of feats that I would appreciate some help filtering out.

So, on the melee side, the ideal list is:
EWP: Jovar
Imp. Critical: Jovar
Combat Reflexes
Martial Stance - Thicket of Blades (after taking martial maneuver, having both, then psyreffing the martial maneuver out).
Robilar's Gambit
Power Attack (to combine with Wraithstrike etc)

On the psionics side, the ideal list is:
Psicrystal Affinity (which is granted at 1st-leve Erudite
Psionic Meditation
Practiced Manifester (Erudite)
Extend Power
Persistent Power
Psicrystal Containment
Craft Psionic Arms and Armor
Empower Power
Quicken Power
Twin Power
Split Ray

I believe I may choose 9 feats of my own choosing (2 from StP erudite, 7 from character levels). I could possibly bring that up to 11 by taking two flaws.

Options to drop number of feats required..
Swap Jovar for a Scimitar (refluff it as a katana) - keep the crit range and can use as a martial weapon so no EWP required - slightly less damage but can still choose to wield in both hands for power attack. One option?

I would appreciate some advice on which feats would be wise to take.

Thank you.