PDA

View Full Version : [Feat] My 2cp On Extra Fighter Feats

Duke of URL
2007-01-09, 12:22 PM
Weapon Supremacy [General]

Your continued focus on your favored weapon makes you ever more dangerous. When damaging your enemy, you now have the chance to use the momentary distraction the blow causes to land an additional strike.

Choose one type of weapon for which you have already selected Greater Weapon Specialization. You can also choose unarmed strike or grapple as your weapon for purposes of this feat.

Prerequisites: Proficiency with selected weapon, Greater Weapon Specialization with selected weapon, Greater Weapon Focus with selected weapon, Weapon Focus with selected weapon, Weapon Specialization with selected weapon, fighter level 16th.

Benefit: Any time you strike your currently selected target with your chosen weapon, and the hit results in at least 1 HP of damage to the target, you may make one additional attack that round with the same weapon against the same target at the same AB minus 5 as the lowest AB attack that round against that target with the chosen weapon and current hand (if multiple wielding).

Additional attacks granted by this ability, other abilities (such as Cleave or Whirlwind Attack), or by Attacks of Opportunity from anyone other than the currently selected target receive no benefit from this ability.

Normal: No additional attacks are granted.

Special: You can gain Weapon Supremacy multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon.

A fighter may select Weapon Supremacy as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Example: A dual wielding fighter with main-hand attacks of +25/+20/+15/+10 and off-hand attacks of +25/+20 scores a damaging hit with his second and third main-hand attacks and another with the first off-hand attack. He would gain three additional attacks that round: two main-hand attacks at AB +5/+0 and one off-hand attack at AB +15

Greater Weapon Supremacy [General]

Your battle senses are more finely tuned, allowing your extraordinary trained abilities to be still more effective.

Choose one type of weapon for which you have already selected Weapon Supremacy. You can also choose unarmed strike or grapple as your weapon for purposes of this feat.

Prerequisites: Proficiency with selected weapon, Weapon Supremacy with selected weapon, Greater Weapon Specialization with selected weapon, Greater Weapon Focus with selected weapon, Weapon Focus with selected weapon, Weapon Specialization with selected weapon, fighter level 20th.

Benefit: Any time you strike your currently selected target with your chosen weapon, and the hit results in at least 1 HP of damage to the target, you may make one additional attack that round against the same target with the same weapon at the same AB minus 5 as the attack which scored the hit.

Additional attacks granted by this ability, other abilities (such as Cleave or Whirlwind Attack), or by Attacks of Opportunity from anyone other than the currently selected target receive no benefit from this ability. This ability supersedes the ability granted by Weapon Supremacy.

Normal: No additional attacks are granted.

Special: You can gain Greater Weapon Supremacy multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon.

A fighter may select Greater Weapon Supremacy as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Example: A dual wielding fighter with main-hand attacks of +25/+20/+15/+10 and off-hand attacks of +25/+20 scores a damaging hit with his second and third main-hand attacks and another with the first off-hand attack. He would gain three additional attacks that round: two main-hand attacks at AB +15/+10 and one off-hand attack at AB +15

XtheYeti
2007-01-09, 12:34 PM
This is seriously overpowered. its like cleave but all you have to do is cause damage...Im sorry but im going to have to veto this feat. plus there is already feats with that name...but i cant remember what they do.

Duke of URL
2007-01-09, 12:46 PM
This is seriously overpowered. its like cleave but all you have to do is cause damage...Im sorry but im going to have to veto this feat. plus there is already feats with that name...but i cant remember what they do.

Cleave allows a free attack at the same AB as the strike. These feats also offer additional attacks, but at reduced ABs -- even taking the "Greater" form comes with a -5 AB from the original attack, and that required two feats. I was also under the impression that higher-level fighters are considered significantly underpowered and needed some class-specific powerful feats for balancing. It's still limited to the currently selected target in any case.

As for "all you have to do is cause damage" -- this requires not just rolling a "hit", but also bypassing all damage reduction, resistances, and invulnerabilities, as well as any other spells or abilities that manage to bypass damage.

Names... well, I'm more than happy to change the name if it's already in use.

Fax Celestis
2007-01-09, 12:57 PM
Interesting idea. I may have to thieve it for a PrC I'm brainstorming.

Duke of URL
2007-01-09, 01:05 PM
Interesting idea. I may have to thieve it for a PrC I'm brainstorming.

Thieve away! Anything I put up on these boards can be used, abused, folded, spindled, and/or mutilated by anyone for their own purposes, nefarious or otherwise.

Fax Celestis
2007-01-09, 01:09 PM
Ex-cellent. Thank you.

Matthew
2007-01-10, 01:16 PM
Yes, interesting. Not sure I'm really in favour of increasing the number of Attacks High Level Fighters already have, but it's something worth considering.

fangthane
2007-01-10, 01:55 PM
You'll probably want to change the names if nothing else (haven't assessed the feats' balance, myself, but I think a lot of people probably already have an idea what I'd say hehe)... Weapon Supremacy is in the PHB2; in a nutshell, more weapon-based goodness and an immunity to disarm checks. It's a level 18 fighter-only feat.

As a knee-jerk reaction, this feat looks like it'd do good things for a fighter taking on an ooze but wouldn't help much with anything tricky to hit or deal real damage.

Questions:

What happens if a fighter with attacks at +20/15/10/5, this feat and Great Cleave hits a goblin (standing next to a Balor) ? Does he cleave into the Balor? Does he get an extra attack he can take on the goblin's corpse? Does he receive an extra attack (at +0, of course) he can use against the Balor? Obviously if he cleaves to the Balor, that hit (assuming it hits) can't grant him another attack at -5 (as written) in any case. It looks very much like this guy becomes the scourge of those who were weak enough that warm water and soap would have defeated them in the first place. True, it allows you to strike the BBEG while also taking pot-shots at low bonus against his weaker henchmen, but that's not much (if any) real advantage.

Duke of URL
2007-01-10, 03:07 PM
What happens if a fighter with attacks at +20/15/10/5, this feat and Great Cleave hits a goblin (standing next to a Balor) ? Does he cleave into the Balor? Does he get an extra attack he can take on the goblin's corpse? Does he receive an extra attack (at +0, of course) he can use against the Balor?

No, the extra attacks granted by this feat can only be used against the original target -- if the target goes down, then the extra attack is wasted. Cleave and Great Cleave rules would apply as normal.

Triaxx
2007-01-10, 09:11 PM
Speaking of names, I love yours. John Goodman would be proud.

Featwise, I like this. I'd limit it to a single additional attack per hand, and require that both hands be weapons that this feat has been taken for to use it. Since if I take Supremacy (Longsword), and have a longsword in one hand, I can't necessarily score additional hits with my off hand dagger.

Duke of URL
2007-01-11, 07:49 AM
I'd limit it to a single additional attack per hand, and require that both hands be weapons that this feat has been taken for to use it. Since if I take Supremacy (Longsword), and have a longsword in one hand, I can't necessarily score additional hits with my off hand dagger.
I can see where limiting it to one extra attack might make it better balanced... as I said before, however, I'm intentionally going for somewhat "unbalanced" because of the perception that high-level Fighters are underpowered.

I also thought I was clear in the text that the extra attacks could only come hits made by the chosen weapon, regardless of which hand(s) it is in. As you say, if the feat is taken for Longsword, then an off-hand Dagger should get no benefit from the feat.