PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Closing of the Planes

RFLS
2013-11-11, 11:10 AM
Closing of the Planes

The City of Brass is abuzz - it's been a week, and the fervor of the loss of contact with the Material plane is still being discussed. No one knows what's caused it, no one knows who caused it, and no one knows how to fix it. The King of the Efreeti has been closeted with his advisors for nearly the entire time. Diplomats flit back and forth between the planes, negotiating, bargaining, investigating - and all for naught.

No one has found anything at all.

Dozens of heroes, stranded on the Planes, have begun grouping together, looking for solutions on their own. They, too, have had no luck as yet, though their chances seem better.

This will be the story of one of those groups of heroes. Greco, the scientist. Sahakis, the deathless warrior. Zira, the cynical heroine. And Aeraes, the silent guardian. They have agreed to band together and search out the cause of this catastrophe. And, in the traditin of adventuring groups everywhere....you meet....in a bar.

Doxkid
2013-11-11, 01:32 PM
"I know exactly what you three are thinking, ladies and gentlemen. And Sahakis, I suppose." Greco takes a sip of his wine, making a strange face as he drains half the glass. After a few moments he draws a thin needle from up his sleeve and manually re-calibrates his taste buds.

"You're each thinking: 'Greco! How will we ever find out the methods of aligning the principals of quasi-elemental magic in mathematic form with the third, seventh and ninth tiers of Friendship/Magic if your best selling Advanced Coursebook AND Romance Novel, Talking about Curves: (Space/Mass)/(Force/Time) = Good Loving, is exclusively available on the Material Plane and we cannot access the bookstores there!?' This is a frightening prospect, but do not be alarmed. There were alternatives...or so I believed."

"I'm afraid the situation is even more dire than we first thought. My original manuscript was left at The DawnGuard Academy for High Arcane Arts, a college on the Material plane, along with several signed original prints. While I can reproduce the mathematics from memory, I fear capturing the passion of discovering how the fundamental properties of your lover's eyelashes relate to the quantity of Sixth Circle spells available to you...that might never be found again.

'Tis a sad day for love and science, companions mine."

Greco drains the rest of the glass and then looks at it oddly. With a click of his tongue it refills and he continues sipping from it with the weight of the world resting upon his shoulders (lateral to that spiked turtle shell which he claims to be part of the legendary Tarrasque and superior to the spike-protuberances sticking out of his upper arm).

Moranica
2013-11-11, 03:24 PM
Rolling his eyes, Aeraes refills his glass as Greco once again drifts of into one of his monologues. Hanging back comfortably the elf's mind drifts of. It had been the fifth day in this bar. The four of them meeting up to exchange ideas on the current problems.

Here we go again... The man's mind must have been tempered with as much as his body..... I wonder which he changed first. Probably his mind, who else would go hunting for the Tarrasque... and actually making it out alive. ... if that thing is truly what he says it is. If the stories are true though, he could probably pull it off.

... perhaps only a crazy man can get us out of all this craziness. I know I haven't gotten any further for the last four years, scouring the planes for bits of information. I suppose I did learn a whole lot, and experienced some good bedtimes stories in case I ever have kids. That is, if I ever get back....

"Indeed, Greco, indeed. You what would really help? If that science of yours got us back to the material plane. Do you think any of that quasi-elemental magic has anything to do with it?"

Lix Lorn
2013-11-11, 03:41 PM
"Personally, I'd quite like to leave it to burn." mutters Zira, nursing something distinctly alcoholic.

Doxkid
2013-11-12, 02:40 PM
"It goes without saying that the correct application of the afore specified magic could potentially be used to restore our access to the Material plane, but the means of doing so are not yet available to us; while I have participated and observed many experiments that should access the Material prime (or those planes that are part of or apart from it only in name or function to the rest of reality) the results we're looking for have yet to be found.

Once this has been resolved it will be quite easy to backtrack a small amount and then find the correct methods and conversions necessary to use whichever method you wish...but that requires fixing this problem first."

Greco drains his glass a second time and then signals to the barkeep that he needs a refill; before Greco is attended to the glass is abruptly filled when he mutters a half syllable of The Truth That Governs All...only for him drain it again while silently demanding service.

"And how we feel about that place matters little. It plays an essential role in maintaining the balance between planes and it is the only place where someone could acquire a copy of the literature. Be it for the common good of all planes; for glory among Pit Fiend or Planetar peers; for the preservation andpursuit of knowledge; for one restore what one might deem their own personal territory.

I do not care how we do it, or even why we do it, so long as it is done before my lack of sales becomes publicly known. After all, why should...how could...Hmm, one moment."

*In a mixture of Celestial and infernal, using a great deal of Portmanteaus combining the two languages to maintain rhythm without the slightest inflection or change in tone. A few odd sounds or phrases belong to no language mortals have ever heard, but the general concept he is trying to convey gets through easily enough.*
"☼à↕☼♫▒
The value of others are not ours judge.
The actions of others are not ours to trade.
What a mercy that is; that I might stand alone.
What a mercy that is; that I might choose my path.
ƒ►∟\XÜ
But to trust only yourself is to folly when there is value to be shared
ÜX\∟►ƒ
What a mercy it is; to be judged so fairly.
What a mercy it is; to trade my weakness for their strength
How bitter is that pill you swallow alone?
And how long can you tread that path in silence?
▒♫☼↕à☼"

"Or something like that; it loses something in translation. Perhaps I should give you the equation of what I mean to better express it..."

alanek2002
2013-11-12, 02:42 PM
Sahakis Chuckles at Greco's words. "Talking about his books again." He'd seen the book, and given a copy as a present to his wife in Celestia a few years ago.
she still wasn't talking to him.

"Even so Zira," He says, "Your here helping us for one reason or another. Anyways, Greco, Have any Ideas? I'm no slouch, but you know a lot more about this kind of thing."

Edit:Arg. 2 min off. consider this to be just above Doxkid's Post?

Lix Lorn
2013-11-12, 04:10 PM
"I'm here because I'll be literally saving the world." she scowls. "If that doesn't open their eyes, the lot of them can burn for all I care."

She doesn't even reply to the poem, mainly because it makes her want to break something.

Doxkid
2013-11-12, 05:33 PM
"If it helps any I could impress your persona upon the protagonist of my next romance-novel and tome of instructional divine literature: How Wonderfully She Walks, How Softly She Talks, Observing Her Qualifies is an Alteration in her Intrinsic States if for no other reason than the fact that it Collapses her Wave Function (and the complications thereof). I'm sure I'll capture your..." Greco turns and stares at Zira, the gears all but turning visibly in his head. Whether those gears are physical or metaphorical has yet to be seen.

He remains silent for a surprising amount of time, processing everything he knows about Zira, and then everything he observed while discussing her with his many contacts, and then comparing both, and then reenterpreting the information he has already considered from another perspective, and so on.

...Yeah, I'm gonna take a 'Facts and Figures' check to see if Greco knows what species would consider Zira attractive, and then how he could best market the book to said audience. Total result of 65, taking a 20 on the roll.

My guess is 'Dragons' 'Fiends' and 'Humans', since they'll go for anything that can move.

"Huh. Well I'm sure either your personality has several good points which would make interacting with you pleasant, or that your physical attributes are considered attractive in a mate when observed in the correct setting. Affection and/or romantic involvement usually involves one of those if I remember my notes correctly. Sometimes both."

Lix Lorn
2013-11-12, 06:27 PM
"..."
Zira turns to the bartender.
"Whatever you're giving me is either too strong or not strong enough."

alanek2002
2013-11-12, 10:13 PM
"Not strong enough; you can still hear us." Sahakis says with a grin.

Doxkid
2013-11-12, 11:17 PM
"I could fix that, you know. I'm sure the procedure would change your attractiveness rating by at least three standard deviations, moving that much further toward physical perfection when observed by...

...by something. Someone somewhere. I dunno...maybe Sahuagin? Troglodytes? I suppose you could pass for a Dire Centipede if you really wanted to; I'm not one to judge."

He upends his glass, but the liquid does not pour down his mouth; instead the liquid and the glass freeze in place while he removes that hand to grope the air below his chin.

"Well I AM one to judge, but I don't particularly mind or care about that kind of thing. Someone has to sire all of those half-breed abominations, after all.

...Should I grow a beard? Or get one? ...I could get myself a beard... That would make stroking my beard much easier.

Yes, I think I'll go get a beard after all of this has been resolved. The glass remains where he left it, forgotten by Greco and the binding laws of physics lesser beings must operate under.

Lix Lorn
2013-11-12, 11:26 PM
Zira looks back at him, then at the bartender.

She's deciding whether to set him on fire, or to order a bigger drink.

She decides to order a drink. She can always set him on fire afterwards.

Moranica
2013-11-14, 03:43 PM
"So, you keep with the theory, but have witnessed it fail several time? Quite an elaborate way of saying, I really haven't got a clue. It would be same as me saying:"So I walked the planes for a couple of years, that doesn't mean I could have ridden a horse if I wanted to. I just didn't feel the need..."."

Aeraes takes a nip, before continuing.

"Or for our not so alive friend here saying,"I can die a natural death, I still can, I just didn't want to...."

Next Aeraes yawns in a quite not so elvish way, put his hands over eyes and says:

"Yup, you'd think meeting up with near legends would bring me any closer to finding a solution. Apparently hanging around in bars is a huge part of becoming a legend...."

alanek2002
2013-11-14, 09:29 PM
"Well of course." Sahakis says. "You don't think there are enough people around to spread stories of your victory when the battle destroys a decent amount of the countryside?

A mark of doing well is nobody knowing how close they were to being killed. I mean, fighting the leader of such and such cult in the middle of town would get fame, but it would have a lot of collateral damage."

Doxkid
2013-11-16, 11:37 AM
“Amazing, isn’t it? How there is always some sign of what happened, I mean.” Greco taps the hard shell cover his shoulder and it thrums with deep, powerful magic. “There must always be a witness to a great battle, or some scar upon the land left by their clash of great power, or even a crease the in page turned long, long ago.

For every problem a solution, for every effect a cause; it is not always simple, but there is always a ‘How’ or ‘Why’ to be found if you know where to look. The two parts always come to be a whole if you adjusted them to fit correctly.” Greco smiles widely, putting row after row of many teeth, all of which he has misappropriated from various horrific beasts born to pits of darkness and despair, on display.

“The original plan was to exploit the connection between the Elemental Planes and the Inner Planes to track the rippling effects of the changes in the Material Prime, adjusting that information with data gathered from the Astral plane of course, and then to determine what course of action would be revert the changes to the Material Plane. The locus of power within each Elemental Plane would be a logical starting point but certain rulers of the Brass City seem oddly keen on slowing my progress. “We do not like the idea of destroying a large portion of our home in the hopes of merely finding out how to rebuild someone else’s. Please stop using us as characters in your novels; your strangely accurate description of the most recent blockage in my digestive tract makes me uncomfortable.”, an odd viewpoint on many levels.” Greco shrugs.

“I still don’t see why It would care about what I described; my information was accurate, which is all that really matters…” Greco finally returns to chugging down his drink, restoring it to its full state every time he empties it into his endless gullet. “The next step is almost too obvious: Since you three cannot buy my book, how would you like to live it?”

“We will merely need to travel into the Para-elemental Planes, siphon off energy from the places containing the greatest amount of raw power, gather information of how each plane has changes since the loss of the Material Plane, marry a noble while ignoring the advances of that noble family’s lowly retainers, store the energy siphoned away from the plane, ignore the advances of our new spouse in favor of the retainer whom we originally disliked, have an affair, choose the life of an adventurer over both lovers, leave both to comfort each other, travel to other planes repeating the same process, win a duel against all of our spurned lovers all at once, bless their unions, and, finally, use what we gathered about the changes in all other Planes to determine exactly where and when this cataclysmic event took place in the Material Plane. From there we merely combine the energies and channel them through the plane of Shadow and the Ethereal planes in a manner that produces alternating varieties of interference in the Material Plane, forcibly rebuilding some, or all, of the Material plane so we can interact with it directly. There is only a small chance that our hubris will cause the End of Times.”

“Speaking of hubris, the whole process could easily be streamlined after we have gathered energy from each Para-Elemental Plane; I’m sure all of you can appreciate the focus and work needed to restructure a fundamental portion of existence so it may seem counterintuitive to restrain ourselves…but I think we really should save the more efficient techniques for later. My research hasn’t prepared me for drawing upon the power of Divine beings yet, so we would be better off merely following the script of my book until and/or unless anyone else comes up with an equally plausible idea.”

"So...any questions? Or shall we start travelling now? We'd need to find multiple 'nobles' that could play opposite us as our spouses, home-wreckers and so on, so we should probably get to work as soon as possible..."

alanek2002
2013-11-16, 01:18 PM
Sahakis looks to Greco with a look of false shock. "I can't help re-enact your book! I'm married, and none of those in the book were, at beginning nor end! We'll have to skip the lovers part, for now... Unless a better idea comes up." Sahakis says.

Sahakis says, looking meaningfully at RFLS.

Lix Lorn
2013-11-16, 02:25 PM
"..."
Zira turns to stare at him in disbelief.
"Are you high?"

Doxkid
2013-11-17, 04:53 PM
"You've read it already?!" Greco's eyes light up just as as a child's would upon them meeting their favorite hero for the first time. "Excellent! It was only out a few days before the Material Plane vanished, so I was afraid no one would have had the time to travel there and acquire their copy!

Tell me: how did you feel about the protagonist, 'E^(X/Z) *[Word Count]'? I thought having her name change constantly based upon how many words you've read, automatically updating even as you interpret her old name, really shows how capricious and mercurial she was when she started out without downplaying how she longs for order and regularity in her life.

That's actually why she..." Greco glances to his other companions, "Hmm...spoilers, right...perhaps we could discuss this later. For now we should head out for one of the Lesser-Planes; Ash, Radiance, Smoke or Magma would each be an easy starting point." With little ceremony Greco produces a well-loved scroll from up his sleeve

"Shall we? With but a word we can begin; if you three have no preference then I would prefer to first visit beings living in Cinder, Smoldering Rage or Ember in the Plane of Ash. Each is reasonably close to the Plane of Fire, so the preparations you have taken for this environment would be well suited for that location."

alanek2002
2013-11-17, 05:50 PM
"Grecco" Sahakis asks, his voice more lacking the playfulness from before "What are the potential side effects of doing that to the lesser planes? If there is none, then certainly, lets go."

Doxkid
2013-11-18, 03:10 AM
"Consequences for us, you mean? At the very moment we make use of those planes? None, if my calculations are correct. The long term effects, however..." Greco taps his chin, deep in thought. The glass in his hand (which some of you might notice was definitely not there a moment ago) vanishes, shunted out of existence to free up the hand he's using for this physical gesture; hopefully he was not using it as a prop to demonstrate one of the possible results of this course of action.

"Anyway, It might not be particularly easy to bend the power of an entire plane to our will without a particularly powerful instrument, but one of my research partners should have information about that.

Sahakis, you remember that fair Fire Genasi woman who fought beside us when we acquired these not so long ago, do you not?" Greco taps his Tarrasque Carapace once again. "If she doesn't have what we need we can merely adjust her current research and precede as best we can from there.

She has been researching a way to unite the Ash Plane with the Fire Plane since we all went our separate ways. I'm sure the information she has gathered would be quite useful but I suppose we'll find out soon enough, won't we?

RFLS
2013-11-18, 06:31 PM
While what Greco's saying is....well, insane, part of it is at least semi-accurate (very specific, I'm aware). Reopening the Material Plane, or at least finding out why it is closed, will require a piece of essence of each of the major Inner Planes, as well as a piece of essence from one of each Aligned plane (CE through LG).

The "essence" of a plane is part of the material that forms the plane. It can be found in sacred sites of each plane, normally major cities, major sites of worship, or places otherwise notable.

Finally, the more pieces of essence you have, the more useful any results you acquire from experimentation will be - having Paraelemental planar essence on hand will only help if it's balanced by its equal and opposite number.

There's a group of mages working in the City of Brass directly under the King of the Efreeti. Whispers in the city are that they're currently working on some sort of sympathetic magic; a way to create a mirror of the Material Plane to view.

alanek2002
2013-11-18, 07:35 PM
"Heh, good times..." Sahakis says, apparently rubbing his shoulder. (Hat of disguise FTW! Really rubbing his own carapace)

"If you're working with her, there might be a chance. I'm ready to go."

Moranica
2013-11-20, 04:19 PM
Aeraes attention has been fully restored by some of the last things Greco said.

"So you might have a lead for us. It still sounds .... like the works of a god rather then one of us, though. Do you have any experience with this sort of thing?"

Doxkid
2013-11-22, 04:54 AM
“I’m sure she’s still somewhat sensitive over how I depicted her in those poems released individually after we travelled together, so do mind yourself Sahakis; she has quite the temper, as you well know, and she has been especially irate toward me after I compared her disposition to the manner she was conceived.

Which is nonsense, of course. I interviewed both of her parents and then took detailed notes during a live demonstration; there is no chance of error on my part.

Predictable. Generally dispassionate, but quick to react to something new. Liable to cause collateral damage... " Greco rattles off a few more details, each growing less and less overt until he is merely stringing together consonants and physically indicating directions.

"As you know, I pen the Truth. The accuracy of my work and the precision of my words cannot be questioned even if artistic license must be taken for a few –and I do stress few – extraneous details. My calculations dictate that her father should like the smell of lacquer, even if he has never has the opportunity to smell it.” Greco flicks the scroll, restructuring it and the space between himself and his companions into a swirling gateway into the Plane of Ash. Through this portal many thousands of flakes snow down upon the keep in focus on the other side.

“My last correspondence with her came from here. We’ll need to travel for some time to reach the location we would actually acquire the Planar Essence from, but this will be an excellent starting point. Just like 'E^(X/Z) *[Word Count]' and her proud band of misfits…”

UMD to cast gate: [roll0]VS DC 37 (with the scroll DC coming from the base 20 +17 from the scroll’s caster level)
*Repeat attempt if necessary: [roll1]VS DC 37
**Second repeat attempt if necessary(shouldn’t be): [roll2]VS DC 37
Followed by Rebuild the Dweomer upon the success: [roll3] vs DC 33
“Ladies and gentlemen, let us depart. There is plot development to be had! I’ll hold it open from this end and pay my tab; it’ll be just a moment...”

“…Barkeep? I'd like to have a word or two with you about your response time in offering service to a recurring customer. The drink wasn't even balanced chemically, which I have described to you many times before, to produce the commonFibonaccian pattern as it reaches my esophagus; nevermind the more advanced pattern I preferred, described with the series…”

RFLS
2013-11-23, 03:21 PM
The Plane of Ash

As Greco and the barkeeper (a hulking fire elemental of nondescript descent) get further and further into the mathematical and chemical intricacies of proper drink making ("Oh yeah? I'll show you a proper series with my fist."), the rest of you look through the portal at the Plane of Ash.

Grayness is your first impression. Dust and ash swirl through the portal, depositing themselves on the floor of the bar ("Hey!"). Beyond, bubbling pits of an evil-looking magma belch sulfurous fumes and clouds of ash into the air. Pillars of the stuff tower into the sky, crushed into near-solid supports. Ash-scorpions skitter about, diving for cover from the newly-shed, clean light that's pouring in through the opening.

In the distance through the portal, you can see what looks like a house - one that would fit right in in the City of Brass, almost as though it had been transplanted from there (here?) to here (there?).

Lix Lorn
2013-11-23, 05:23 PM
"What a lovely vacation spot." says Zira, deadpan.

Moranica
2013-11-24, 07:56 AM
Aeraes observes their destination, a frown slowly showing on his face.

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt. I mean, at least I haven't visited it before. It might yield more clues as to what happened. .... On the other hand, not going there made absolutely perfect sense...

"So, how long is travelling to our destination going to be, Greco?"

alanek2002
2013-11-24, 12:08 PM
"It'll be instant. See the ash flowing through? Speaking of which..." Sahakis shrugs, and steps through. He saw this multiple times while working with Greco, after all.

Moranica
2013-11-24, 02:55 PM
Aeraes puts down some gold pieces and follows.

Doxkid
2013-11-25, 12:08 PM
“Honestly, it’s almost like you don’t understand the idea of using a number system personalized so that the numeric value for every color comes to equal the…” Greco, midway through explaining why no one should ever read his children’s storybook ’The Seventy-Sixth Factor of Hope’, glances back at where the group had been sitting.

“Hmm…Perhaps another time. By the by, my offer still stands barkeep: if you ever feel the need to turn your head into some form of light-refraction device, please do look me up. I don’t have nearly enough test-subjects with intimate connections to the elemental planes and I’m sure you can appreciate the many uses of a luminescence-bladder implanted within your skull...” A small stack of coins appear on the counter and Greco concludes his business before the situation escalates.

“It seems the others have left us behind...but perhaps it is for the best. Some readers have difficulty taking in details about for multiple new characters at once whilst simultaneously performing Integral Calculus. Which is just silly; deriving the character’s life story from the very simple formula I provide should be child’s play…and that’s exactly why it was included in that book for children! Still, I might as well make it easy to determine you are the protagonist so they can start their calculations working toward an assumption...

At any rate, come along my little Chilopoda-enthusiast! It’s time to write a glorious story in which you will be the protagonist! If we hurry I might have time to work out how to depict the sordid romance between a human, who possesses both fiendish and draconic ancestry, and a centipede, that is really just a basic roundworm with aspirations of grandeur, in a way that would also function as a Convergence Test…”

Lix Lorn
2013-11-26, 03:29 PM
Zira gives him a very flat look, not even sure if he's talking to her - or to anyone - before walking through to the world of ash.

Doxkid
2013-11-26, 05:31 PM
Greco hums along with the ambient background noise his body creates and he lifts off the ground, vibrating imperceptibly. He steps into the portal just after Zira and, as he passes through it, the Gate between Planes folds out of existence.

Actions:
Standard: Speaks Enhanced Phrase of Flight
Move: Speaks Enhanced Phrase of Speed
5 foot step through portal
Free: Ceases concentration of the Gate
------
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Flight: [roll0] (44 Truespeak +10 for performing it as a standard action) vs DC: 51

DC derived from:[31 base DC] + [5 DC]x3 (increasing flight speed to 2.5x landspeed) + [5 DC] (extend)

Final result: Gains fly speed [30x2.5]= 75 ft
--
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Speed: [roll1] vs DC: 34

DC derived from: [14 base DC] + [4 DC]x5 (increasing bonus speed by 5ft x 4)

Final result: Land/Burrow/Fly speeds increase by 30 ft. Fly speed comes to equal 180 ft [60land x2.5 +30 ft]
---
Greco floats before the rest of the group. "And so our heroes set out on their epic journey! But how, I ask you, will they cope with the secrets slowly driving them apart? And will they reach the princess of Ashes before the dark masters of the Material Plane consume the power hidden within it?

They make haste, using all of their shared power to speed along towards their goal, eyes their eyes piercing the rain of ash in search of danger..."

Greco stays still just long enough to alter Aeraes' standings with physics (the sum of his work coming out to be a five second long growl that is oddly reminiscent of Auran phrase for "on the wings of the Archangels") before shooting off at full speed toward the home of his fiery companion, enacting his part of the passage he just quoted.
Checks to Truespeaking to give Aeraes a similar flight speed a will be posted in the IC thread.

alanek2002
2013-11-26, 06:26 PM
Sahakis sighs, as he too begins to fly, though much slower than Greco.

"Darn youngsters, Always in a hurry." He thinks, before snorting. "Pfft." ""I can't even think that with a straight face."

Flying at move speed 50.

"Hey! Wait for the rest of us Greco! Unless you want some form of ash tarrasque to get the drop on you, like the first one nearly did!"

Fun Fact: The tarrasque can beat Greco on a hide vs spot check. You might wanna fix that, if you ever get separated from the wis based character. (Moi)

Lix Lorn
2013-11-26, 08:07 PM
Zira rolls her eyes - again, dull orange wings stretching out from her back as she takes to the sky in pursuit.

Moranica
2013-11-27, 03:17 PM
"..... thank you, Greco. That should improve our speed."

Aeraes flies on as well.

Doxkid
2013-11-27, 08:30 PM
“Wouldn’t that simply be an amazing experience though? There would be so many interesting ways to depict it: a clever, handsome, resourceful scholar leading the party toward the heroine’s goal only to fall prey to a foul beast that has been reborn in a world that is not it’s own, reforged into a form better suited to its new environment…

I can only hope something as interesting as that will happen; that the conflicts we subvert in this realm will be half as exciting…

Now let us make haste!” Every few words Greco says is wrapped in the sound of The Truth and the area around both him and Aeraes becomes innervated by pulses of Power older than even the most ancient magic.

----- -----
Action plan: Working off a 10 round time increments. The full process repeats continuously unless interrupted. I have this format saved, so I'm ready to drop more rolls should I need them later (if we fly for more than 2 minutes for example).
-----Move action: flies normally and unceasingly unless something happens
-----Standard action
The 2rd and 6th round out 10 rounds: Enhanced Phrase of Speed for Greco
The 9th round out of the 10 rounds: Enhanced Flight for Greco
The 3rd and 7th round out 10 rounds: Enhanced Phrase of Speed for Aeraes
The 8th round out of the 10 rounds: Enhanced Phrase of Flight for Aeraes

Speaking each Truespeak with a Standard action, adding +10 to the roll.

Truespeach targeting Greco receive a +4 bonus to the roll since he will be using his own Truename.

First time increment:
~~~~~~~~~~
-- 1st Enhanced phrase of Speed (Greco)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Speed: [roll0] vs DC: 34

Final result: Land/Burrow/Fly speeds increase by 30 ft. Fly speed comes to equal 180 ft [60land x2.5 +30 ft]

--2nd Phrase of Speed (Aeraes)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Speed: [roll1] vs DC: 34

-- 3rd Phrase of Speed (Greco)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Speed: [roll2] vs DC: 34

-- 4th phrase of Speed (Aeraes)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Speed: [roll3] vs DC: 34

~~~~~~~~~~~
1st Phrase of Enhanced Flight (Greco)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Flight: [roll4] (44 Truespeak +10 for performing it as a standard action) vs DC: 51

DC derived from:[31 base DC] + [5 DC]x3 (increasing flight speed to 2.5x landspeed) + [5 DC] (extend)

--
2nd Phrase of Enhanced Flight (Aeraes)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Flight: [roll5] (44 Truespeak +10 for performing it as a standard action) vs DC: 51

--

Second time increment:
~~~~~~~~~~
-- 1st Enhanced phrase of Speed (Greco)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Speed: [roll6] vs DC: 34

--2nd Phrase of Speed (Aeraes)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Speed: [roll7] vs DC: 34

-- 3rd Phrase of Speed (Greco)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Speed: [roll8] vs DC: 34

-- 4th phrase of Speed (Aeraes)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Speed: [roll9] vs DC: 34

~~~~~~~~~~~
1st Phrase of Enhanced Flight (Greco)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Flight: [roll10] (44 Truespeak +10 for performing it as a standard action) vs DC: 51

--
2nd Phrase of Enhanced Flight (Aeraes)
Truespeak check for Enhanced Phrase of Flight: [roll11] (44 Truespeak +10 for performing it as a standard action) vs DC: 51

Moranica
2013-12-03, 03:08 PM
.....This seems fast, yet unefficient....But I suppose it's better then my flying...If only my trusted friend was here. We'd show them speed. Aeraes grins.

"Does any of you have a way to teleport? I'm not to big on this ash."

Lix Lorn
2013-12-03, 03:20 PM
Zira nods.
"Yeah, that'll be me. Can you describe where we want to go?"

Doxkid
2013-12-05, 11:57 PM
Greco’s left eyebrow, a thick and bushy fixture most likely harvested from the underbelly of a Neogi, elevates as the idea of teleporting is expressed.

“I suppose that is technically an option...But there would hardly be time to showcase interactions between multiple characters! Pacing for the whole book, as well as the various formulas used to determine exactly how the characters interact (depending on the values input into those formulas obviously) would need to be adjusted away from what I have already calculated.

Not to mention the fact that we haven't even passed over the nest of empowered Fiendish-Bonedrinkers which, if I remember correctly, should lie somewhere between our current location and her abode…” The scandal of not being faced with dozens of Vampiric-Goblinoids before meeting with his associate obviously bothers him.

“If we must…

The target location is roughly [6.0528705022013 x 10^-1] Kilometers ahead and three meters down. The central point of translocation will be occupied in roughly twenty three seconds by a particularly thick flurry of ash. Movement near the location commonly used as a door, the face of a wall on the otherwise solid overground structure which is connected to a significantly larger underground complex, will trigger several wards alerting personnel therein. Although landing would obviously be preferable to remaining aloft, doing so may potentially cause a minor annoyance depending on the accuracy of our means of teleportation.”

Lix Lorn
2013-12-06, 08:36 AM
"...is that even worth it? We're halfway there now." says Zira, not commenting on his utter insanity.

alanek2002
2013-12-06, 12:28 PM
"To simplify, We're only a few hundred meters away, and should probably slow down a tad in case she gets alarmed at the people flying at nearly full combat speed towards her house."

Sahakis says, slowing down slightly as he does, and ignoring over half of what greco said.

As they get closer, Sahakis shouts towards the house "We come in peace and want to avoid becoming pieces!" with a grin. "She, or a guard if she has one will have to recognize my inane humor!"

RFLS
2013-12-09, 02:19 PM
Near the House (That Gensai built?):

Flying along towards the house, nearly all of you are surprised as the....well, it turns out Greco was right. A pack of bonedrinkers was lying in wait under a loose layer of ash, and they pounce at you, ready to suck the very marrow from your bones. They're large, winged, and packing an extra pair of arms - someone's obviously been experimenting.

Roll Spot. If you beat a 32, you're in the surprise round. Order is everyone, then the bonedrinkers.

alanek2002
2013-12-13, 11:39 AM
Sahakis sighs as he stops flying towards the drinkers. "I just had to dissmiss the bit about bonedrinkers, didn't I?"

His hands blur, and a significant amount of arrows fly at the bonedrinkers, splitting mid air as they fly!

Making use of my manever Multiple shot, granting +1 attack, but -2 to hit for all. +5 to hit and damage from knowledge devotion!

Each arrow (and its splits) target only one creature. If I happen to destroy one, I move on to the next.
Arrow 1 split 1[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

Arrow 1 split 2[roll3]
Damage: [roll4]+[roll5]

Arrow 2 split 1[roll6]
Damage: [roll7]+[roll8]

Arrow 2 split 2[roll9]
Damage: [roll10]+[roll11]

Arrow 3 split 1[roll12]
Damage: [roll13]+[roll14]

Arrow 3 split 2[roll15]
Damage: [roll16]+[roll17]

Arrow 4 split 1[roll18]
Damage: [roll19]+[roll20]

Arrow 4 split 2[roll21]
Damage: [roll22]+[roll23]

Arrow 5 split 1 [roll24]
Damage: [roll25]+[roll26]

Arrow 5 split 2[roll27]
Damage: [roll28]+[roll29]

Arrow 6 split 1[roll30]
Damage: [roll31]+[roll32]

Arrow 6 split 2[roll33]
Damage: [roll34]+[roll35]

Arrow 7 split 1[roll36]
Damage: [roll37]+[roll38]

Arrow 7 split 2[roll39]
Damage: [roll40]+[roll41]

Any crit confirm rolls: [roll42]

Do I need more dakka?

Edit: Ignore my crit confirm rolls... as we fight undead.

RFLS
2013-12-14, 02:28 PM
Plane of Ash:

Two of the bonedrinkers fall to Sahakis' arrows - the rest of them alter course and aim for the source of that hail of (re?) death that was visited upon their brethren.

Tentacle attack: [roll0]
Tentacle damage: [roll1]
Tentacle attack: [roll2]
Tentacle damage: [roll3]

Claw attack: [roll4]
Claw damage: [roll5]
Claw attack: [roll6]
Claw damage: [roll7]
Claw attack: [roll8]
Claw damage: [roll9]
Claw attack: [roll10]
Claw damage: [roll11]

Tentacle attack: [roll12]
Tentacle damage: [roll13]
Tentacle attack: [roll14]
Tentacle damage: [roll15]

Claw attack: [roll16]
Claw damage: [roll17]
Claw attack: [roll18]
Claw damage: [roll19]
Claw attack: [roll20]
Claw damage: [roll21]
Claw attack: [roll22]
Claw damage: [roll23]

Tentacle attack: [roll24]
Tentacle damage: [roll25]
Tentacle attack: [roll26]
Tentacle damage: [roll27]

Claw attack: [roll28]
Claw damage: [roll29]
Claw attack: [roll30]
Claw damage: [roll31]
Claw attack: [roll32]
Claw damage: [roll33]
Claw attack: [roll34]
Claw damage: [roll35]

Tentacle attack: [roll36]
Tentacle damage: [roll37]
Tentacle attack: [roll38]
Tentacle damage: [roll39]

Claw attack: [roll40]
Claw damage: [roll41]
Claw attack: [roll42]
Claw damage: [roll43]
Claw attack: [roll44]
Claw damage: [roll45]
Claw attack: [roll46]
Claw damage: [roll47]

All attacks crit on a 20. If the attack crits and confirms, just double the rolled damage.

[roll48]
[roll49]
[roll50]
[roll51]
[roll52]
[roll53]

If any of the tentacles hit you, they automatically start a grapple.

Grapple: [roll54]
Grapple: [roll55]
Grapple: [roll56]
Grapple: [roll57]
Grapple: [roll58]
Grapple: [roll59]
Grapple: [roll60]
Grapple: [roll61]

alanek2002
2013-12-19, 08:52 PM
Sahakis chuckles as he twists and spins mid air, dodging all but one claw. "Its nice to be doing something after sitting in that tavern for a week. Come on guys, join in!" He says, as the wound from the claw heals itself, and he waits to let somebody else take a shot.

No! I thought I saved a format for my rolls! Nooooo!

8 damage base, from the only claw that hit me, cut in half to 4 because it is slashing, and then healed 4 from fast healing.

Doxkid
2013-12-23, 08:07 AM
"...though Hellbred Bone-sipping goblinoids, infused with dark magic and physical augmentations are interesting, I would have to be a hack to include them in this story. It wouldn't flow correctly, you see.

Now is appropriate for such opponents, sure, but you must start small.

The audience would be entranced by descriptions of their lean, necrotically empowered bodies clashing with the heroine who fights for many reasons, but will die for none; battling against the handsome, noble, wise, clever physician who can subvert their bodies and will with but a flick of his tongue and the words on his lips; rushing into melee with the great Elf Knight, testing the strength of his arm and the sharpness of his wit; or with the man only a few steps away from perfection...

But what of the next battle? If you impress upon them the magnificence of the artwork found in martial combat twice -- or thrice -- it will lose its splendor! I, of course, would have no problem accounting for this and further enhancing later skirmishes, but this that would hardly reflect the abilities of the audience I am writing for…" Greco waves a finger at the Bonedrinkers disapprovingly.

"I am sorry little ones, I truly am, but I am afraid...you must be omitted." The dramatic declaration is ruined utterly by the odd protrusion on Grecos forehead giving off a resounding ‘Whu~vump~VUMP-GRUBBLE-GRUBBLE-GRUBBLE’ in the direction of one of the remaining Bonedrinkers.

---Swift action:
Study the bonedrinkers with Knowledge Religion [A Harvest Material check] for a Surgical Precision. They are not immune to the precision damage Surgical precision does by means of the ‘Rest in Pieces’ Thesis-Monster ability. This also tells Greco what he can harvest from these creatures, shouldthe check be successful.

vs DC [10+monster HD]
Damage Surgical precision will do, should that be successful: [roll1]
---Attack action:
Greco fires a lance of sound from his Sonic Protrusion.

[roll2] vs touch AC of one of the remaining bonedrinkers. This roll gains +12 if the Harvest material check was successful.
This does [roll3] Sonic damage, plus Surgical precision damage, plus [roll]+1d6 sneak attack damage (Undead are not immune by dint of Rest in Pieces).

---Move action:
None.