PDA

View Full Version : Even MORE Fighter Feats (Now with Lasers)

Deepblue706
2007-01-09, 01:13 PM
Sorry, I lied. There are no lasers here.

If you want to check out my other feats, here's a link: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31345

Anyway, blah blah, yada yada, here's some stuff:

Steel Dancer [Tactical, Fighter]

Pre-Reqs: Dex 13+, Int 13+, Dodge, Mobility, Combat Expertise, BAB 4+

Steel Dancers may execute the follow maneuvers:

False Advance

You may fool your opponent into thinking you'll come within range when you just quite won't. As a Swift Action, you may expend as much movement necessary to come within your foe's range to attempt to cause them to waste an Attack of Opportunity. Make a Bluff check, which your target must beat with a Sense Motive check. If they succeed, nothing happens. If they fail, they swing at the air, and hit nothing. They cannot make another Attack of Opportunity against you this round. Additional attempts give the defender a +2 bonus against further checks.

Sudden Lunge

If you are adjacent to an enemy that attacks someone other than you, you may make an Attack of Opportunity against them. You recieve a +2 bonus to this attack. However, performing this action leaves you vulnerable, denying you any DEX bonus to AC until your next turn.

Whirling Blades

to be finished at a later time.

Shield Obstruction [Fighter, General]

Pre-Reqs: Dex 13+, Int 13+, Combat Expertise, Improved Feint, Shield Proficiency (any)

As a swift action, you position your shield in a way that keeps your target from viewing your weapon. They must succeed a spot check (DC = 10 + your BAB) or you recieve a +4 bonus to your next attack. Using a Buckler lowers the DC by 1. Using a heavy shield raises the DC by 2. Tower Shields give no benefit, as one would be clumsy to work with.

Performing this action slightly compromises your defense, giving you a -1 penalty to AC until your next turn.

Hampering Blow [Fighter, General]

Pre-Reqs: Str 15+, Power Attack, BAB 8+

Your blows truly "knock the wind" out of foes. When successfully striking a foe as you make use of Power Attack, your target must make a Fort save [DC = 10 + 1/2 Character Level + X, where X is the amount the attack bonus was reduced in using Power Attack]. If they succeed, deal damage normally. If they fail, they immediately become fatigued. If they are already fatigued, they do not become exhausted, but instead take an additional d6 subdual damage.

Unyielding Fury [General] in process of editting...

Pre-Reqs: Str 13+ Con 15+, Power Attack, Endurance, Diehard, BAB 16+, Rage or Frenzy ability(Okay, fine, maybe I should change the title to "Fighter-Type" Feats???)

In battle, you fight as if possessed by a demon. Whenever attacking as a Full-Round Action, you recieve an additional attack at half BAB (round down) if all previous attacks landed successfully (The first is initiated only after normal attacking is finished). You then recieve a number of additional identical free attacks against that same target, up to your current character level, until you miss your target. Example: Bob Sagat, level 19 Fighter performs a Full-Round Attack against an Ancient Red Dragon, hitting on all four normal attacks. He then makes use of this feat and may attack again at BAB +9. If this attack hits, he may strike again at BAB +9, and again...until either he has attacked 19 times, or missed.

Yeah, I'll see if anyone likes these before posting any more.

Jibar
2007-01-09, 01:49 PM
The promise of lasers was most alluring, but then you dashed them all with one sentance.
Confusticate you. My hope has been crushed.

These are all really ncie feats. I don't know about balance, but they really allow soem customisation with the fighter. Unyielding fury sounds like a barbarian ability though.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-09, 01:59 PM
What happens if a fighter with Hampering Blow is using, say, a greatsword or a falchion?

Closet_Skeleton
2007-01-09, 02:27 PM
I would change the save DC for hammering blow to 10 + str mod + ammount you're subracting (or adding if you want ot further benifit twohandeders) with power attack. I just think it fits better since you're already power attacking to use the feat and strength should be involved somewhere.

False advance is good in principle but I would prefer to see it as an option granted by a tactical feat rather than a whole feat in itself.

For shield obstruction I wouldn't lower the DC for bucklers since bucklers are designed to be used to obscure your hands. Alas, bucklers are also designed to take up the use of your hand and for bashing so maybe I shouldn't be bringing in real world design into dnd (where bucklers do the opposite of their real world purpose). Kendo also uses the body to do the same thing so this feat is a bit of a problem if you bring in real world fighting styles.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-09, 03:45 PM

Darn, that's seriously the whole reason I clicked.

Still, I like the feats, especially the False Advance.

Deepblue706
2007-01-09, 04:17 PM
Yeah, Hampering Blow: I was figuring making it correlate to how much you power attack for - but honestly, I just didn't feel like thinking at the moment. I had a really bad headache.

Thankfully, it's gone now. I'll make proper adjustments.

Also, I'll try fixing up the other stuff too.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Ultimatum479
2007-01-09, 08:01 PM
First of all, you forgot to mention that you have to actually be raging to activate Unyielding Fury...unless you don't?

Second, that move PWNS. Daaaamn. I think the Tarrasque wants that. Seriously, anyone with that move and good Strength will one-hit pwn spellcasters...I like it, but I think I like it too much.

Other than that, they're all pretty cool. What're you thinking for Whirling Blades?

jlousivy
2007-01-10, 01:57 AM
Unyielding Fury is too good.
Assuming at lvl 20, the warrior fighting a <insert any dragon> can one round fight him.
give him a +1 brilliant energy weapon and he'll 1 kill a dragon unless he gets a 1.
granted i love the feat, but just... potential 20 attacks in a round? (don't mention the numerous builds that give you 23453563 attacks)

Sudden Lunge is basicly the rogue ability Oportunist but with a penalty, but a + to hit ---- with the rogue getting almost as little love as the fighter i'd hate to step on his shoes

Leon
2007-01-10, 08:49 AM

Steel Dancer [Tactical, Fighter]

Pre-Reqs: Dex 13+, Int 13+, Dodge, Mobility, Combat Expertise, BAB 4+

I took it to mean Bear's with...

That aside i quite like the look of this tactical feat, will keep a look out for the final part

Deepblue706
2007-01-10, 03:13 PM
I took it to mean Bear's with...

Actually, maybe I should ask him about how fast he could kill a dragon with a Wizard at level 20.

Deepblue706
2007-01-10, 03:21 PM
Sudden Lunge is basicly the rogue ability Oportunist but with a penalty, but a + to hit ---- with the rogue getting almost as little love as the fighter i'd hate to step on his shoes

Yeah but, well...

Honestly I think it's dumb how a Fighter can't make so much use of Improved Feint while the Rogue pretty much banks on it. Feinting is a huge part of ANY combat, unless you're just so damn big it doesn't matter. I want to get the Fighter into the realm of "Fighting", not "ha I can deny you your dex to AC! wait...why did I take this feat?"

I think Rogue deserves its Sneak Attack - but not other combat abilities that the Fighter can't have some part of.

Ultimatum479
2007-01-10, 04:57 PM
Let's try to balance Unyielding Fury, since you wrote that you're in the process of editing it. How about reducing it to a number of extra attacks up to ECL/2 instead of full ECL, and all those attacks are at +0 BAB instead of BAB/2?