PDA

View Full Version : It was all a dream!

pendell
2013-11-11, 01:08 PM
Kudos to the Giant for writing such a marvelous dream sequence -- first the OOTS experienced its greatest dream, then they experienced their worst nightmare. But isn't it time for someone to disbelieve and for them all to show back up at the pyramid?

:smalltongue:

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

Ramien
2013-11-11, 01:25 PM
Wrong dream.

Clearly it's time for Tarquin to wake up, having been struck by a particularly large piece of pyramid wall that still had the runes from Girard's trap active.

halfeye
2013-11-11, 01:56 PM
"Dallas" isn't real.

Ramien
2013-11-11, 02:05 PM
"Dallas" isn't real.

Tell that to the Cowboys.

pendell
2013-11-11, 02:13 PM
Wait! Maybe it's really the matrix! Maybe Elan will suddenly morph into Agent Smith and start kicking tail and taking names!

Tongue-in-cheek,

Brian P.

The Oni
2013-11-11, 02:34 PM
You guys got it all wrong, the dream sequence began when they opened the door to find the Linear Guild.

halfeye
2013-11-11, 02:43 PM
Tell that to the Cowboys.
"Dallas" not Dallas.

JustAnotherSoul
2013-11-11, 02:52 PM
No, the dream sequence started when they updated to the new edition.

That's the first strip for people too lazy to go check the archive.

The Oni
2013-11-11, 02:53 PM
^ Oh gods no. That would make too much sense.

Ramien
2013-11-11, 03:01 PM
"Dallas" not Dallas.

You're right, the joke would have been better if I had put Cowboys in quotation marks

Kornaki
2013-11-11, 03:06 PM
The dream sequence started when they walked through Dorukan's rune trap

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0094.html

Girard's rune trap was an inception-like dream within a dream, and also foreshadowing to us that walking past purple runes is very dangerous.

I mean think about it, they entered the dream sequence in Girard's trap and the first thing they "did" was kill Xykon. What was the first thing they did after they walked through Dorukan's trap? Read between the lines sheeple.

137beth
2013-11-11, 05:52 PM
The dream sequence started when they walked through Dorukan's rune trap

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0094.html

Girard's rune trap was an inception-like dream within a dream, and also foreshadowing to us that walking past purple runes is very dangerous.

I mean think about it, they entered the dream sequence in Girard's trap and the first thing they "did" was kill Xykon. What was the first thing they did after they walked through Dorukan's trap? Read between the lines sheeple.

I was just about to reply by linking to this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296812).

Then I saw your post and was about to reply that you'd been beaten to the punch by another thread.

Then I realized you are the same person.

And that, in it of itself, is enough to conclusively prove that you are actually Dorukan in disguise.

dps
2013-11-11, 08:23 PM
Wrong dream.

Clearly it's time for Tarquin to wake up, having been struck by a particularly large piece of pyramid wall that still had the runes from Girard's trap active.

Will he be in bed with Suzanne Pleshette?

Fishies
2013-11-11, 09:36 PM
I used to read Word Up Magazine!