PDA

View Full Version : PLAIN tiles for sale?

bjj8383
2013-11-11, 02:28 PM
I know there are dozens of official DnD books with tiles. But they're all very situational, of varying sizes. I'm not looking for a tile with coffins, stairs, houses, alters, or ANYTHING. An old friend of mine had these glossy, professional 8x11 (ish) tiles that were JUST of a stone floor. Period. There were 4 of them. There were 4 more of JUST on ocean floor, and 4 more of JUST another floor, I think it was dirt. The point being, no objects, no fluff, no anything. PLAIN. Full-size. I can't find a book like that. Anyone know of any? Many thanks in advance.

Spore
2013-11-11, 02:31 PM
Get a grid online and print and laminate it in a copyshop. We did that, use non permanent marker on it and we LOVE it.

Diarmuid
2013-11-11, 03:53 PM
I think he's looking for the "background" to be something besides plain white, or plain beige (most of the wet erase grid maps are tan/beige).

I dont know how easy its going to be to find something gridded that has a background on it, but if it's something you can get past the flexible grid maps that you can use wet erase markers on are pretty cool and have worked wonders for my group for years.

nedz
2013-11-11, 04:39 PM
I know there are dozens of official DnD books with tiles. But they're all very situational, of varying sizes. I'm not looking for a tile with coffins, stairs, houses, alters, or ANYTHING. An old friend of mine had these glossy, professional 8x11 (ish) tiles that were JUST of a stone floor. Period. There were 4 of them. There were 4 more of JUST on ocean floor, and 4 more of JUST another floor, I think it was dirt. The point being, no objects, no fluff, no anything. PLAIN. Full-size. I can't find a book like that. Anyone know of any? Many thanks in advance.

I have the old TSR ones.
9 Gray stone 8x12
4 Yellow stone 8x12
2 Green stone 9x12
Lots of corridors, stairs etc.
If I want a special room then draw it in Paint, print it off and glue it to some card.

The squares are slightly smaller than the WotC ones so they are not compatible :smallmad:

Good luck on finding them though. I bought mine many years ago in a clearance sale.

Fitz10019
2013-11-11, 04:40 PM
1. Google: printable 1 inch graph paper
2. print
3. print again on same paper, but print the texture you want (dirt, sand, grass, etc.)
4. laminate
5. cut

bjj8383
2013-11-22, 01:39 PM
I have the old TSR ones.
9 Gray stone 8x12
4 Yellow stone 8x12
2 Green stone 9x12
Lots of corridors, stairs etc.
If I want a special room then draw it in Paint, print it off and glue it to some card.

The squares are slightly smaller than the WotC ones so they are not compatible :smallmad:

Good luck on finding them though. I bought mine many years ago in a clearance sale.

Yes! They WERE a different size, 4/5th of an inch. Weird. At least I know where they came from now. Thanks for the responses!