PDA

View Full Version : Aberrant Familiar and Arcane Heirophant

tricktroller
2013-11-11, 02:42 PM
If one were to take a level in fleshgrafter and have levels in arcane heirophant would you be bale to add your aberrant familiar bonuses to your familiar companion?

Urpriest
2013-11-11, 05:36 PM
Yes, your familiar companion is still a familiar.

tricktroller
2013-11-11, 05:42 PM
hmmm that could get a bit out of hand with the AEG feat book feat enlarged familiar and the enlarged familiar aberrant familiar trait.... I wants a colossal companion familiar. Hmmmm can it fit in a familiar pocket? I would love to have a character who does that.

Chronos
2013-11-11, 05:43 PM
Your companion familiar is not a familiar-- It is an animal companion that gains some of the qualities of a familiar. It gains the intelligence bonus and special abilities, but nothing else.

So the question then is whether what Aberrant Familiar gives you is considered "special abilities" or not.

tricktroller
2013-11-11, 05:51 PM
its a supernatural ability and it says, your familiar gains one of the following abilities...

Urpriest
2013-11-11, 05:53 PM
Your companion familiar is not a familiar-- It is an animal companion that gains some of the qualities of a familiar. It gains the intelligence bonus and special abilities, but nothing else.

So the question then is whether what Aberrant Familiar gives you is considered "special abilities" or not.

Ah interesting, looks like I misread the rules. I would agree that you only get the benefits from the table then, and not the Aberrant Familiar bonuses.