PDA

View Full Version : How To Convert Knight of the Sacred Seal to Pathfinder

Kymme
2013-11-11, 06:29 PM
One of my players has expressed interest in playing an Occultist in an upcoming Pathfinder campaign. I'm all for his decision; I loved the Binder in 3.5 and I've become quite fond of Radiance House's take on the class. However, there is a noticeable lack of support for the Occultist in Pathfinder. Mainly Prestige Classes. I'd like to fix that.

Knight of the Sacred Seal is a 5 level Prestige Class from Tome of Magic. It gives out several cool powers while at the same time supporting the Binder's soul binding. Now, several Core Prestige Classes received updates in Pathfinder, and I'm wondering how I should go about converting KotSS to the slightly more powerful system.

Any advice on how to do it?

Snowbluff
2013-11-11, 06:30 PM
A standard conversion should work. Someone will plug the conversion guide in no time at all. Probably Psyren.

Psyren
2013-11-11, 07:48 PM
A standard conversion should work. Someone will plug the conversion guide in no time at all. Probably Psyren.

Did someone draw my seal? :smalltongue:

@ OP: It's true that PMU has no PrCs; perhaps that'll be remedied in Part 2, but note that it doesn't matter as much as you think. For starters, EBL in PF is calculated like ToB's Initiator level, i.e. half your levels in non-binder classes count to the total; secondly, all the archetypes with binder levels stack. So if you were to be, say, a Warshade Fighter/Occultist, you would have full Binder level and 16 BAB.

Anyhow, converting KotSS is a cinch. Here's what I'd do:

- Aligned Strike: unchanged
- Patron Vestige: renamed to Patron Spirit (vestige is apparently copyrighted.) Otherwise unchanged.
- Spirit's Protection: Also unchanged
- Spirit's Protection Aura: Unchanged (I'd take the opportunity to widen this a bit, maybe 5ft. per KotSS level. The short duration and long cooldown are balance enough.)
- Spirit's Power: Unchanged
- Apotheosis: remove the monk language since that's just confusing. Add a note that effects can still treat you as though you were your original type (raise dead, enlarge person etc.)
Spirit's Surge: Unchanged

Kymme
2013-11-11, 07:54 PM
@ OP: It's true that PMU has no PrCs; perhaps that'll be remedied in Part 2, but note that it doesn't matter as much as you think. For starters, EBL in PF is calculated like ToB's Initiator level, i.e. half your levels in non-binder classes count to the total; secondly, all the archetypes with binder levels stack. So if you were to be, say, a Warshade Fighter/Occultist, you would have full Binder level and 16 BAB.

True, but I don't know if a Warshade Fighter dip packs all the raw fluff of the KotSS. It's just... cool.

Anyhow, converting KotSS is a cinch. Here's what I'd do:

Thanks a ton! I'm sure my player will dig it. :smallbiggrin: