PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf V: Werewolf DnD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Deckmaster
2007-01-09, 03:04 PM
It is a quiet and seemingly normal night in the village of Howling Falls. Suddenly, a carriage comes in through the little gate in the fence that separates the village from the rest of the world. The carriage stops in front of the mayor’s manor, and out steps a man. He climbs up the steps as the carriage. Suddenly he hears a howling in the distance. He looks in the direction it came from. Then, he hears it again, only this time it’s behind him, and much closer. He turns around, and as he does he hears it from what sounds like across the street. He begins running up the steps, but is attacked by wolves before he can get there.

He is found the next morning, dead. Ripped to shreds. A letter was found on him, a letter saying that werewolves have been spotted in the area, and that the village should be on alert.

The message has been received, loud and clear.

Deckmaster, a messenger, has been eaten by wolves.

Among the living
Alarra
Eldritch Knight
Helgraf
Ink
Ms. Elaneous

The Graveyard:
Deckmaster, a messenger, was killed on Night 0 by wolves.
Gezina, a villager, was lynched on Day 1.
Captain van der Decken, a villager and the Cleric, was killed on Night 1 by the Evoker Wizard.
Zonac, a villager and the Evoker Wizard, was killed on Night 1 by wolves.
Tormsskull, a wolf and the Sorcerer, was lynched on Day 2.
Jontom Xire, a villager and the Monk, was killed Night 2 by wolves.
Gnome Barbarian, a villager, was lynched on Day 3.
Slartibartfast, a villager, was killed on Night 3 by wolves.
DarkLightDragon, a wolf and the Devil, was lynched on Day 4.
Goblin Music, a villager, was killed on Night 4 by wolves.
Krystal_Tiger, a wolf, was lynched on Day 5.
Altharis, a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Dispozition, a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
evnafets, a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Fualkner Asiniti, a Mason and the Fighter, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Klinn, a villager and the Paladin, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Malmagor Andrigal, a wolf, was auto-lynched on Day 5.
Silkenfist, the Seer, was killed on Night 5 by wolves.
Ceika, a wolf, was lynched on Day 6.
Krursk, a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 6.
TheRabidWalnut, a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 6.
veecher, a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 6.
Lord Fullbladder, a villager and the Ranger, was killed on Night 6 by wolves.
Joosbawx, a wolf, was lynched on Day 7.
Bearchase, a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 7.
Kyrian, a villager, quit the game on Day 7.
Gralamin, a villager and the Fool, was killed on Night 7 by wolves.
B-Man, a wolf and the Bard, was lynched on Day 8.
Lucky, a villager, was killed on Night 8 by wolves.
Cult_of_the_Raven, a villager, was lynched on Day 9.
churchofbanjo, a Mason, was killed on Night 9 by wolves.
Lord Iames Osari, a villager, was lynched on Day 10.
Raldor, a Mason, was killed on Night 10 by wolves.
Rumda, a villager, was lynched on Day 11.
alec, a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 11.
Captain "Fluffy," a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 11.
King_of_GRiffins, a villager, was auto-lynched on Day 11.
Selrahc, a villager, was killed on Night 11 by wolves.
Tharj Treesmiter, a villager, was lynched on Day 12.
flabbicus, a wolf, was lynched on Day 12.
Kantur, a Mason, was killed on Night 12 by wolves.
Exachix, a villager, was lynched on Day 13.
Blood, a villager, was killed on Night 13 by wolves.
Indurain, a villager, was lynched on Day 14.
weebl, a Mason, was auto-lynched on Day 14.
Atreyu the Masked Llama, a villager, was killed on Night 14 by wolves.
Death, a villager, was lynched on Day 15.
El Jaspero, the Druid, was killed on Night 15 by wolves.

Day 16 ends on Tuesday at 10 AM EST

Selrahc
2007-01-09, 03:10 PM
So now is the time for the druid to step forward, declare themselves neutral to the entire conflict, and have a boring game.:smalltongue:

(Unless the rule got updated, but if the Druid still wins if the wolves win, he can come forward. No purpose is served by getting rid of him, either through a lynch, or through night time maiming)

Do we get the details of the Wizard type chosen?

Deckmaster
2007-01-09, 03:22 PM
So now is the time for the druid to step forward, declare themselves neutral to the entire conflict, and have a boring game.:smalltongue:

(Unless the rule got updated, but if the Druid still wins if the wolves win, he can come forward. No purpose is served by getting rid of him, either through a lynch, or through night time maiming)

Do we get the details of the Wizard type chosen?

I wanted all the core classes represented, and the Druid was the hardest to think up an ability for. If you can think up something better, let me know.

You won’t know what the Wizard’s school is until he reveals it, he dies, or the game ends, whichever comes first.

evnafets
2007-01-09, 03:27 PM
So now is the time for the druid to step forward, declare themselves neutral to the entire conflict, and have a boring game
Yeah, but anyone can claim they are the druid.

I am Spartacus!
No, I am Spartacus!
No, I'm Brian!

I think we should suspect anyone claiming to be the druid of being a wolf, trying to getting discarded as a lynch possibility.
Besides why would we want the druid to win?

Weebl
2007-01-09, 03:33 PM
Has the game begun or has the beginings just been revealed?

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-09, 04:07 PM
((Begun, I think.

I'm the druid, and so is my wife!))

Klinn
2007-01-09, 04:07 PM
Klinn points at EVERYONE!

Bwahahahaha!

((Not really.))

TheRabidWalnut
2007-01-09, 04:40 PM
TheRabidWalnut is here! Hooray! So is the body of DeckMaster... Hip Hip Hooray!

TheRabidWalnut is a leader, not a follower... I have an overwhelming urge to point based on no information whatsoever.

*TheRabidWalnut points at Captain "Fluffy", for I have a deep abiding mistrust of speech marks. They're the sign of the devil, y'know.

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-09, 04:43 PM
So I guess we don't know how many wolves there are either... damn.

Weebl
2007-01-09, 04:48 PM
That Isn't very clever now is it? I shall not point yet but you are high on my suspitions, Walnut.

B-Man
2007-01-09, 05:17 PM
B-Man exits his house and pauses as he sees Deckmaster's remains. Now isn't that sickening. He bows his head in a moment of silence.

Upon raising his head, he notes that The Rabid Walnut is already pointing at someone and raises an eyebrow.

Deckmaster
2007-01-09, 05:17 PM
The network at my library picks today of all days to start acting weird. I have to click on links several times before they connect. Which is why I'm posting this instead of editing my above post. The day ends at 3 PM EST tomorrow, or however close to that time I can get online. Expect a flexible schedule for this one, folks.

Blood
2007-01-09, 05:55 PM
((I guess it's started then.))

Blood, a human, walks out of his house and gasps as he passes the mayor's house. Great. Another round of Werewolf. Stupid wolves, just leave us alone!

Ink
2007-01-09, 06:04 PM
Ink hurries out of his house after hearing all the screaming and yelling.
"Egads! What is this? Our poor messenger ripped to shreds?! What manner of evil could have done this?"

((Wait, no idea on the number of wolves? Deckmaster, could you possibly edit the first post to include the descriptions of the DnD roles too? Is there only one of each DnD role or could there be more? Are we going by secret ballot for the votes?))

((I'm thoroughly intimidated by that huge list of names up there. This is going to be impossible!))

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-01-09, 06:08 PM
El Jaspero steps out of tavern, wiping his hands on his apron. "Deckmaster, alas! He was kinda funny, sometimes at least."

He looks over the body for potential clues.

Weebl
2007-01-09, 06:16 PM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/WeeblsFriendBob.gif: It has been a great shame for us to have lost Deckmaster, but as mayor I must keep to my duties. Some one bury him and as as that is done you can all have your morning cookie.

Ink
2007-01-09, 06:25 PM
"Hang on, hang on! I thought the rock was mayor! When did this happen?"

Weebl
2007-01-09, 06:29 PM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/WeeblsFriendBob.gif: I must regret to tell you that the rock was killed that night aswell. He/She/It was run over by the stage coach and turned into dust.

Flabbicus
2007-01-09, 06:31 PM
I'm 90% certain that the rock was in his secret base hiding from the nefarious dragon.

*Glare*

Weebl
2007-01-09, 06:35 PM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/WeeblsFriendBob.gif: Oh your calling ME nefarious! Any way in his absence I am therefore mayor. Unless you don't like cookies!

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-01-09, 06:37 PM
"Now now, you scrawny lizard," Sheriff Fullbladder says, walking out of a well-placed shadow as all good Sheriff's do. In his goblin hands he, as always, holds his loaded shotgun.

"We can't go buryin' 'im yet. There needs to be na autopsy, an investigation, and a chalk outline drawn in the dirt. Trigger, Nutsy!" he calls the guards out, using odd references when refering to Darklight and her second-in-command. "Assemble the guard! We've work to do."

His orders given, he begins tracing the body with a peice of chalk.

Lucky
2007-01-09, 06:52 PM
Uh-oh... Lucky says as he sees the body on the floor. So... uh... what do we do? Randomly get someone lynched and see what happens? Fluffy already has a vote, so let's go lynch him and go from there when we have more evidence.

*Lucky points at Captain "Fluffy"

Weebl
2007-01-09, 06:53 PM
So glad he didn't become mayor.

Lucky
2007-01-09, 07:14 PM
Yeah, well at least I have a plan.

Oh great Mayor Lizard, what should we do?

Weebl
2007-01-09, 07:17 PM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/WeeblsFriendBob.gif: We should gather evidence and look at those who are most suspicous. And have cookies!

Zonac
2007-01-09, 07:18 PM
Zonac walks out of seemingly nowhere and starts wondering what's going on, but then he sees the body."What the hell is goin on here?" Realizing the body has werewolf bites, Zonac then looks around at all the suspects. " Well, I think this problem can be solved by each of us cutting a small bit on our arms with a silver dagger, that's the only sure way to find the werewolf. Or wereWOLVES!"

Selrahc
2007-01-09, 07:20 PM
I refuse to acknowledge the unlawful mayoral administration.

Free the Rock!(OR put Banjo in power) Viva La Revolucion!

Lucky
2007-01-09, 07:21 PM
http://home.planet.nl/%7Ehdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/WeeblsFriendBob.gif: We should gather evidence and look at those who are most suspicous. And have cookies!

... Right.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-09, 07:57 PM
(sorry all, looks like I won't be able to debut the b-man llamatar till tomorrow.)

Blood
2007-01-09, 08:40 PM
"I don't want to be anywhere near that body. You guys looks for clues, this is grossing me out." Blood turns away from the body, looking at the growing crowd. "We need to find the culprits hiding among us and LYNCH THEM!!"

The Valiant Turtle
2007-01-09, 08:47 PM
Raldor emerges from the tiny shack next to the villages large and well populated turtle pond.

Yuck!!! That's gross! I think I'll go start digging a grave somewhere.

((Are we sticking with good old fasshioned pointing or are we going to do that funky secret ballot thing?))

Flabbicus
2007-01-09, 09:43 PM
Flabbicus pulls the rock out of his pocket.

Shazzam! It's back!

churchofbanjo
2007-01-09, 10:28 PM
Churchofbanjo walks out of his house, and looks at all of the people. "What's all the commotion about.... EEEEEEW!" He exclaimis as he sees the torn up body. "Who could have done this?"

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-09, 10:32 PM
Fluffy walks outside after a good night's sleep, carrying a cup of tea. He stiffles a yawn and opens his eyes to see the accusing fingers of TheRabidWalnut and Lucky pointing at him. After looking around to see what's going on, he comes back to stare at his accusers.

So then...we're just going to start pointing at a random person and lynching people? I mean, it must be me right? You just can't trust the Fluffy one? Too cute for his own good?
Phil the mouse gives a small *Squeak* from behind the Captain.
Yes, Phil, I was getting to that. I assure you that I am no werewolf. I would not be caught dead being associated with those canine demons! Further more, accusing without a scrap of evidence will lead to the destruction of this town and everyone still living in it. For all we know, it could be you two who are the werewolves! However, I am not so dull as to believe that I can solve our problem by merely guessing and pointing!

The Captain walks off to have a better look at the scene, Phil giving an offensive *Squeak!* before following behind.

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-01-09, 10:40 PM
Raven walks out of her arrows and bolts shop, and notices the scene. she hears arguments, and can't make heads or tails of any of them.
What is going on?

((are we doing that secret ballot thing? that's going to make life difficult for many villagers.))

churchofbanjo
2007-01-09, 10:54 PM
Church looks around for a couple moments at all of the fingers, and exclaims, "Have you guys even thought for a moment about your accusations?!"

King_of_GRiffins
2007-01-09, 11:05 PM
((I believe it was a no for the secret ballots after they were put to the vote. there should be mention of it within the registration thread))

King wakes up from his position near the top of the steps, and standing up from his sleep, throws a large cardboard sign over his head reading three lines "Seemingly Wise sayings - 5 copper; Advice - 1 silver; Bad Advice - 3 copper"

He walks down the steps, casually jumping over the body, and stands among the crowd. "Violence begets violence. Rather than accusing others randomly, does it not make sense that we should identify those who are most willing to sacrifice others? Mr. Walnut has a point, speech marks are one of the many and lesser known signs of evil, but Lucky was willing to jump on the bad wagon merely to incite a random lynching. I believe it would be most wise to take care of Lucky and his type before things may be taken out of hand."

Having said his peace, he climbs back up the steps, places a tin on the ground and leans against a nearby column.

Gralamin
2007-01-09, 11:26 PM
((Gralamin walks out of his house and looks at the situation.))

Griffon might be right, Lucky is a possible enemy, and a bad ally. He should be taken care off.

Gralamin points at Lucky.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-09, 11:39 PM
Hmmm.. Accusing Lucky without proper evidence is a mite hasty. After all, there is no real evidence to show who the werewolf is, or isn't. Until further evidence is revealed, I am withholding my vote.

Indurain
2007-01-09, 11:47 PM
Indurain walks out of his house, wishing he could make a longer post, but in fact he can't.

I wish we had time to weigh more evidence, however with such a short voting period we don't have much time at all...I am inclined to agree that Lucky deserves another look. The first bandwagon jumper always seems suspicious to me...That said though, I think I'll take time to sleep on it.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 12:39 AM
*DLD listens as Fullbladder starts talking, and sends some guards over to help him*

I, too, will wait for evidence. Although Lucky does seem suspicious...

Gralamin
2007-01-10, 01:04 AM
As of yet we have no evidence. What do we truly lose by lynching one of us? One Person out of 50? We have no idea how many wolves are out there. However lets say theres 5. 5/52 of us are werewolves, and thus we have a 9.6% chance of guessing correctly. The odds are we will kill someone who is an ally yes. theres what, 12 of us with special abilities? so thats a 23% chance we'd kill one of them. Statistically we have a 67.4% chance to kill someone with no more power then a vote.
Now that we know that, we can either choose a person based on our gut, or pull names out of a hat. It doesn't matter. What may matter however is the unity of the village, and we have to be able to vote as a single force, and we also have to be able to lose potential enemies that hide within our ranks.
I believe it is possible for us to survive. please note that now if I die tonight, its because I was trying to protect the people

Jontom Xire
2007-01-10, 01:30 AM
Zonac walks out of seemingly nowhere and starts wondering what's going on, but then he sees the body."What the hell is goin on here?" Realizing the body has werewolf bites, Zonac then looks around at all the suspects. " Well, I think this problem can be solved by each of us cutting a small bit on our arms with a silver dagger, that's the only sure way to find the werewolf. Or wereWOLVES!"

Hey, that's my idea from two games ago and it didn't work very well then either.

Can I join the guard? I've been in the guard the last two games and it seems to work well for me.

EDI:

I've just been reviewing the available roles and it says the thief can escape death like the monk can, but under the description of the monk it doesn't say anything about being able to escape death. What's with that? In fact it looks like it would be unfortunate to be the monk because the only abilities that realistically can't be used on him are the fighter's protect ability and the cleric's resurrect ability.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 02:20 AM
*Decken groans at the nickname, then walks up to help Fullbladder.* ((Was that a Robin Hood reference?))

"Werewolves, gods save us.

I think some people are being too hasty in their accusations. A little more evidence would help."

Weebl
2007-01-10, 02:28 AM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/WeeblsFriendBob.gif: Fluffy and Gramlin are a bit too quick off the mark. They are either wolves or traumatized by our messengers death. I say wait a while until we can find a likely culprit. And that the body is taken care of, you may all have you promised cookie.

Helgraf
2007-01-10, 02:46 AM
Helgraf stumbles into the village square, sights the ill-disposed of remains, and shudders violently.

"By the Gods, I'd hoped the horror would never come to quaint Howling Meadows. It seems my prayers have been ignored, alas. Anyone have some garlic? Oh, wait, that's vampires. Cold Iron? ... Faeries. Bah, it would have to be a valuable metal for werewolves, right.

He chats with several of his neighbors to get an idea who is currently under suspicion.

"Well, I'm not sure yet who might really be responsible. I'll hae to think about it a few hours."

Rumda
2007-01-10, 03:19 AM
silver is what is historically very very bad for werewolves, its strange, you would have though they would have tried to keep themselves a secret what good will it do them coming in to the open like this?

alec
2007-01-10, 03:23 AM
Alec walks out of his house, and elbows his way through the crowd around the body of Deckmaster. Upon seeing the body, he looks like he is about to throw up, and gets back through the crowd as quickly as possible. Once he feels a bit better, he says "I think I'll pass on that cookie, Bob. I'm not sure if I could keep it down. Thank god I haven't had breakfast yet."
He listens to the arguments, and thinks on whether those accused could be were-wolves. "No evidence, even less motive..." he says to himself. "Though its suspicious that they want to start lynching so fast." He shrugs, and decides to wait for a more convincing argument.

Blood
2007-01-10, 07:25 AM
Blood looks around at the voters in shock. "You can't vote for people now! They haven't done anything! You have to find evidence and wait for the real werewolves to slip up." Blood looks angry at the voters for trying to lynch people so early. "I almost want to lynch you, King of Griffins, or Gralamin."

InaVegt
2007-01-10, 07:43 AM
Gezina the good for nuthing teenage punk looks around and smiles.

It's unnesecary to slay the innocents and we can't possibly know who's guilty or innocent at this time. Anyone who is voting now is in my eyes a suspect. Though I know you won't listen to me.

Lucky
2007-01-10, 07:45 AM
Blood looks around at the voters in shock. "You can't vote for people now! They haven't done anything! You have to find evidence and wait for the real werewolves to slip up." Blood looks angry at the voters for trying to lynch people so early. "I almost want to lynch you, King of Griffins, or Gralamin."
No need to do it yet, let's just wait and see what happens for now...

Rumda
2007-01-10, 08:44 AM
we have no clues and no ones really acting suspiciously yet yet so any guess we make will be a shot in the dark

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-10, 10:10 AM
"Lucky is not a wolf he is our mayor, I find it suspicious anytime some makes a quick accusation agaisnt someone he hasn't even spoken yet."

Ceika
2007-01-10, 10:26 AM
*Ceika steps out of her hut, after sleeping well past the morning, (sorry, I forgot to check for a new thread), and eyes the scene with a heavy heart.*

This is ill news indeed... I'll volunteer for the guard as well, offer my blade to see if we can't give these wolves a run for their money when next they come to strike. As of now, though, I don't believe there is enough information to level an accusation at someone, so I'll hold off pointing right now.

Rumda
2007-01-10, 10:28 AM
I will do what I can to help who ever needs it

Bearchase
2007-01-10, 10:30 AM
Bearchase and Quentin arrive to see the mess.

That's just wrong...

I wanna help, I wanna join the watch!

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-10, 10:41 AM
"I will help with guarding but I will watch over out mayor lucky... he needs it. We don't want our great political mind to be eaten tonight."

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 10:43 AM
Kyrian stands at the scene, and looks on with grief in his eyes.

We'll find them, Deckmaster. And we'll bring them to justice.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-10, 10:55 AM
"I will help with guarding but I will watch over out mayor lucky... he needs it. We don't want our great political mind to be eaten tonight."

You're right, we don't, so why are you guarding Lucky?

;)

Helgraf
2007-01-10, 11:04 AM
(( Just as an aside, part of the rush is the fact the first lynching comes at 3 pm today - or about four hours after this post, if I read our narrator's post correctly. ))

Exachix
2007-01-10, 11:41 AM
Exachix enters the streets from his home upon the outskirts of the town, as he nears the crowd he pauses and listens to their claims.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 12:10 PM
"Okay, all those who wish to join the guard, assemble outside the guardhouse. We'll see what Darklight says."

Jontom Xire
2007-01-10, 12:29 PM
Jontom lines up to join the guard.

Ceika
2007-01-10, 12:39 PM
*Ceika steps up to the line as well, alert, and looking for any clues that may point them in the right direction.*

The Valiant Turtle
2007-01-10, 12:58 PM
I agree, we have nothing to go on, why are we lynching someone...

<VOICE OF GOD in my head>
Because you must!
</VOICE>

Oh, sure, whatever you say.

*Raldor points at Lucky

((I hate the first 2 rounds -- If I counted the votes correctly however, this ties Lucky and Fluffy for the moment))

InaVegt
2007-01-10, 01:14 PM
Gezina makes fun of all the barnd new "guards" by throwing rocks at them.

It's no use, people. As history has teached us guards won't help a bit against werewolves.

Zonac
2007-01-10, 01:29 PM
Oh sure, you WANT us to get rid of the guard so you can get us in the night, I suspect you of being a werewolf Gezina.

(So, does just pointing at the person count as a vote, or do I have to PM someone, and how do I use my powers?)

Ceika
2007-01-10, 01:36 PM
(Pointing counts as voting, and I would guess you would PM Deckmaster to use your abilities, but you could always just PM him and ask for clarification.)

*Ceika is hit by a rock, and she rubs the newly forming bruise on her forehead.*

Hey, that hurt! I agree, Zonac. Unlike you *Ceika points at Gezina* we're at least trying to help!

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 01:46 PM
((to point at someone, you say so and make the text red, like this:

*NPC1 points at NPC2*

As for powers, it depends on the power))

*DLD hisses at Gezina*

Stop insulting my guards this instant! They may not always be able to directly deal with the wolves, but they are useful to this village in other ways! You actions have put you on my suspect list. The duty of me, my second-in-command and the guards is to protect this village! By removing the guards, you remove a great source of help.

*DLD sighs, then turns to Jontom and Ceika*

It is always nice to have volunteers. I hope we can work together to rid the village of this threat.

Silkenfist
2007-01-10, 01:55 PM
Hey, who threw our mayor at the lass? Oh, it's just an...ordinary rock.

*shrugs* As much as I hate the first day of a new wolf infestation, the rules are forcing us to at least try to find a target. (Or do I have false information?)

However, I don't think we should lynch Lucky. There is not much information yet but I think if they were wolves, there was enough time for the wolfish support crew to quickly start another bandwagon as distraction. We have no maneuver like this, so I don't consider Lucky to be wolf.

Considering Gezina - no harm in shifting the pressure a bit.

*point at Gezina

Gezina: Usual procedure. Give us some suggestion how to find a better target/and or some ideas of yours for the game and I'll shift my finger.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 02:01 PM
"Do that again, and we'll have to throw you in the cells! Assaulting an officer is one of the worst offences you could commit. All they're doing is trying to help."

Selrahc
2007-01-10, 02:03 PM
Gah. Typical first round stuff....

I doubt we've got a wolf in any of these suspects. But the most suspicious is Gezina.

*Points at Gezina*

As always, my main concern in the first round is just getting any kind of lynch working, since it will pretty much always benefit the villagers.

InaVegt
2007-01-10, 02:07 PM
Gezina sighs

How can you possibly expect a good for nothing teenage punk like me expect me to do something as accepting as authority as not make fun of those who become guards the moment a threat arrives in town. I have at least as much reason to want the wolves to die as I want the villagers to die. Not that I want the villagers to die, of course. Personally I find the people who jump on a bandwagon without good reason stupid and dumb and if they aren't they are wolves, so look at those who without a good reason to jump at a bandwagon actually jumped at one. And not me, since I'm just as much innocent as every villager.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 02:07 PM
((If you like werewolf, why not try Paranoia? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31462)
Really, do.))

Jontom Xire
2007-01-10, 02:09 PM
Gezina makes fun of all the barnd new "guards" by throwing rocks at them.

It's no use, people. As history has teached us guards won't help a bit against us werewolves.

Ah aha Ahah! What a giveaway! Jontom points at Gezina Oooh she gave herself away.

Ok, so maybe I misquoted, but only ever so slightly!

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 02:11 PM
Is that all you can come up with? More Insults? Insults aren't going to get you off the hook. And you haven't ecactly proved yourself. "I'm a villager" is not proof.

*DLD points at Gezina*

InaVegt
2007-01-10, 02:15 PM
Okay, I get it, just because I've commited a couple of cases of fraud, or at least the police thinks so and they can't prove it this is their way of getting rid of me. I myself have 2 suspects Lucky, for following a bandwagon which had no grounds at all and mister Xire, for misquoting me and acting like that makes it proof.

* Gezina points at Jontom Xire

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 02:19 PM
"I agree with DLD. You aren't giving us much to help your case."

Tormsskull
2007-01-10, 02:22 PM
Torm watches everyone with idle amusement. He then shrugs, and rolls a die. [roll0]

Torm then counts the 26th person on the list, and points at them.

Tormsskull points at Helgraf.

InaVegt
2007-01-10, 02:23 PM
Because this is the first goddamn round, I haven't got anything. Just as you haven't got anything against me. Innocent until proven otherwise, wasn't it? Were's your proof?

Slartibartfast
2007-01-10, 02:27 PM
After being readily postponed in a strange land called California, Slartibartfast appears in the midst of all this. Well, let's look at this. We find one corpse, and about 50 villagers. I'd say that the best guess would be... Nobody! There is no good guess yet, unless my alter-ego is a werewolf, which would be very unlikely given I lack an alter-ego. I will point at the ground, for now. Yes, I think the ground did it.

Flabbicus
2007-01-10, 02:27 PM
Good for nothing teenage punks tend to not be trusted often, and I think I saw her littering on my front lawn! I better consult the rightful mayor first before being too hasty...

He places the rock on a pedestal and waits for a sign. The rock doesn't do anything.

"..."

The message is clear! * Points at Gezina In rock we trust!

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-10, 02:28 PM
"We have plenty of proof...why you getting so offensive."

*Gnome Barbarian points at Gezina

Slartibartfast
2007-01-10, 02:34 PM
Well, after reading the mysterious 3rd page of posts that appeared, I think that Gezina is wrong because he really did say barnd. Gezina was properly quoted and as such is now about to be dead.

*points at Gezina, HARD*

((Wow, that's actually a paranoia RPG thread. Wow.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-10, 02:35 PM
Iames comes out of his house, sees everyone pointing at Gezina, and decides to join in.

SHE'S A WITCH! A WIIITCH! ... uh... I mean, A WOOOLF! LYNCH 'ER! *points at Gezina*

Exachix
2007-01-10, 02:37 PM
Exachix thinks.
"Well, Gezina, you did fall into that one, so, we are suspicious of you." He points at Gezina. "If you are not, I am deeply sorry."

InaVegt
2007-01-10, 02:40 PM
Gezina looks at Exachix in horror

My own father accuses me, why does nobody ever trust me?

Gezina runs of crying.

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 02:40 PM
I've got to say, you're doing a bang up job of continuing to arouse suspicion towards yourself.

*Kyrian points at Gezina.

((Wait, you're now claiming Exachix to be Gezina's father?))

InaVegt
2007-01-10, 02:43 PM
((This is not the town, Kyr, and somebody has to be her father :p))

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 02:44 PM
You can have her Exachix...all she ever did was up and leave Town without even saying bye to her father.

Rumda
2007-01-10, 02:44 PM
Your the only one acting suspicious so..

Rumda points at Gezina

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 02:45 PM
((Wow, that's actually a paranoia RPG thread. Wow.))

((Yes. Join! We didn't have many players in the original one..))

B-Man
2007-01-10, 02:55 PM
((I will NOT be conscripted into Paranoia! 'Sides, I have too much on my plate))

B-Man looks around, seeing everyone pointing at eachother. This is madness! We don't have any clues!

Slartibartfast
2007-01-10, 03:01 PM
Interesting. Well, I can't re-point, but I will anyway. *Finger follows Gezina*

((and B-man, I also have too much on my plate. That didn't stop me.))

Exachix
2007-01-10, 03:36 PM
Exachix sighs.

"Dear..."

((may as well play along...))

Klinn
2007-01-10, 03:46 PM
*The plump armadillo rolls out of his chocolate house, covered in butter*

A lynch! I demand a lynch! Byah! Guffaw!

Klinn waves an accusing chocolate bar in Gezina's direction.

Zonac
2007-01-10, 03:51 PM
We have nearly no evidence yet, but the evidence we do have is against Geniza for trying to disband the gaurds. I also think nights coming soon, so we could be in trouble if we don't even try to lynch someone. If the wolves stay, we're dead no matter what, so sacricing a few villagers for the greater good is needed. So even if we're not certain, she could be a wolf, and she's the most likely of us all.

*Points at Gezina*

Blood
2007-01-10, 03:51 PM
Blood looks around in confusion. He doesn't want to lynch anyone, but it looks like he's already past his deadline. *Blood points at King of Griffins*

Weebl
2007-01-10, 03:56 PM
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/OtherPeople/Smileys/WeeblsFriendBob.gif: Well I think that I shall be casting my vote for no one. If Gez Is a werewolf then good for you, but if she's not then I will be very glad I did not help cause the death of innocents. And I am sorry to say that Weebl has left the town to stay safe from wolves. I shall be here on my own for now.

Exachix
2007-01-10, 03:58 PM
Exachix sighs and Stops pointing. He looks around. "I can't condemn poor Gezina. She may have just been in the wrong place."

Joosbawx
2007-01-10, 04:01 PM
Joosbawx leaves his home and putters around his gardens until the gathering crowd forces itself in from the perppherals of his concentration on his plants, herbs and flowers. Dusting off his palms he walks toward the knot of spectators and debaters and spies the body. Sadly shaking his head he listens to the opinions flying around before speaking.

"I highly doubt that Gezina is a wolf..and those of you pointing at Gezina should rally take another look at what started the whole mess. Throwing rocks isn't really an answer, but doesn't really deserve death, either. History shows us that until we have something to go on it is very difficult to figure anything out, but let us not resign ourselves to lynching innocents , either. I find King of Griffins' behavior more suspect than Gezina's: apathy toward the body and a quick pointof the finger."

Joosbawx points to King of Griffins.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-10, 04:16 PM
(I'm reluctant to hang King of Griffins or Gez because it just seems rude to hang a new player on the first night. *shrugs* So I think I'll engage in a bit of silliness.)

*the unintroduced character of llama's points at Exachix for being a poor father and raising his daughter to throw rocks at people.*

Lucky
2007-01-10, 04:21 PM
... What fools these mortals be...

Ok, I'll admit I did randomly point at someone just to get things going at all, but pointing at someone who obviously isn't a werewolf isn't helping anything! Look back at the past history, how many times has a wolf come out and done something as stupid as throwing rocks at a guard? About... zero. Sure, Gez is an anarchist, but she's hardly a wolf.

That said, we know werewolves are quick to jump on any established bandwagon, so I guarantee you will find at least one wolf in the list of voters.

Ceika
Silkenfist
Selrahc
Jontom Xire
DarkLightDragon
flabbicus
Gnome Barbarian
Slartibartfast
Lord Iames Osari
Kyrian
Rumda
Klinn
Zonac

Exachix
2007-01-10, 04:28 PM
Exachix "Points at The unintroduced character of llama's"
"I didn't teach her to throw! That was her mother!" He sighs.

Flabbicus
2007-01-10, 04:34 PM
... What fools these mortals be...

Ok, I'll admit I did randomly point at someone just to get things going at all, but pointing at someone who obviously isn't a werewolf isn't helping anything! Look back at the past history, how many times has a wolf come out and done something as stupid as throwing rocks at a guard? About... zero. Sure, Gez is an anarchist, but she's hardly a wolf.

That said, we know werewolves are quick to jump on any established bandwagon, so I guarantee you will find at least one wolf in the list of voters.

Ceika
Silkenfist
Selrahc
Jontom Xire
DarkLightDragon
flabbicus
Gnome Barbarian
Slartibartfast
Lord Iames Osari
Kyrian
Rumda
Klinn
Zonac

And you just tipped off the werewolves about your theories.

Ceika
2007-01-10, 04:35 PM
*Ceiks still rubs her head from where the rock hit*

Perhaps I spoke too quickly. True, in thinking about it, if Gezina were a werewolf, it would not be likely that she would attack the villagers so openly. Perhaps she is, as she claims, merely a simple teenager. *she sighs* She should keep in mind, though, that needless violence in a town where paranoia already runs rampant will not lead to good things, but only more needless death. Right now, though, Lucky, we know only as much as you do, and you, yourself admitted to pointed randomly. At least I chose to point to someone who was not being productive, and was trying to attack those who were only trying to help. Right now, it doesn't look as though we have enough solid leads to make an informed decision.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-10, 04:45 PM
Looks like he is in utter shock..and looks over to lucky

"Im here trying to get you to be mayor and protect you and you say Im a possible wolf. I could never do that. I have a hard enough time functioning on 8 hours of sleep never mind if I was up all night eating."

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-10, 05:07 PM
Bandwagon!!!!!

tharj points at gezina

Silkenfist
2007-01-10, 05:14 PM
Lucky: Since I'm on the list, I should reply to that, I guess:

I know that lynching people for something they committed inside the flavor of the story is generally a bad idea. However, we have no serious leads for that round and I stated why I would not join the mini-Lucky-wagon. Remaining choices were Gezina or starting a new wagon. I chose Gezina for the main purpose of seeing the reaction of the village.

(i.e. I discarded Lucky as subject since the accusations against him were not countered with other accusations immediately. Such observations)

2007-01-10, 05:21 PM
"A confessed commitment of Fraud, Gezina? I'm afraid I must agree with the others."

*The Sheriff points at Gezina*

((You know your obscure old Disney movies, Decken! Those are indeed the names of the vulture guards in the old Robin Hood movie. They help the Sheriff.))

churchofbanjo
2007-01-10, 05:31 PM
Church looks at the fingers flying around. "I don't know what to do!" He yells, collapsing into tears. Finally, after a couple moments, a finger points out towards Lucky. Point at Lucky.

2007-01-10, 05:34 PM
El J gives Gez a dirty look. "Throwing rocks at my pal Ceika is a bad idea."

*El J points at Gezina*

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-10, 05:34 PM
I am of the opinion that we are looking in the wrong direction. The accused has yet to do anything to prove herself a threat, and as such I am giving her the benefit of the doubt. Lucky, however has no doubt been suspicious, so I will vote to lynch him.

EK points at Lucky

Lucky
2007-01-10, 05:39 PM
Church looks at the fingers flying around. "I don't know what to do!" He yells, collapsing into tears. Finally, after a couple moments, a finger points out towards Lucky. Point at Lucky.

I am of the opinion that we are looking in the wrong direction. The accused has yet to do anything to prove herself a threat, and as such I am giving her the benefit of the doubt. Lucky, however has no doubt been suspicious, so I will vote to lynch him.

EK points at Lucky
Oh hey, look at that, try to help an obvious villager and make yourself suspicious, funny how that works out.

Aww, heck, if it'll speed things up:

*Points at Gezina

Alright! Now everyone else jump on the bandwagon! It's fun! Weeeee!

((In other words, let's just hit the darn majority and prove my point faster.))

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-10, 05:40 PM
The Captain walks back from Deckmaster's body, finding no useful clues.

It is quite obvious that one of us is lying. In all honesty, we have nothing to guide our accusations, and the possibility that an innocent may be executed today is entirely probable. However, based on Gezina's "argument", which has done little to strengthen her precarious position, I have come to believe that she is one of the demons that plague our town. For this reason, I point at Gezina as the most likely culprit.

Phil, too, points at Gezina with his tail before losing interest and wandering off.

Deckmaster
2007-01-10, 05:44 PM
(Sorry I'm late. I couldn't get here until just now.)

As the night begins to fall, Gezina is led to the gallows. The crowd yells out taunts, like "Kill the wolf!"

The noose is placed around her neck, a lever is pulled, and her body swings in the wind. The crowd waits patiently, but no transformation comes over her. She was just a villager, after all.

Gezina, a villager, was lynched.

End of Day 1. Night 1 ends tomorrow morning at about 10 AM EST. Yeah, short night, I know.

Lucky
2007-01-10, 05:46 PM
Why is it that every time after the first lynching, I'm always standing here and saying "I told you so"? Hmm...

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 05:48 PM
((You know your obscure old Disney movies, Decken! Those are indeed the names of the vulture guards in the old Robin Hood movie. They help the Sheriff.))

((Ohh, I loved that movie.))

*holding his hand over his eyes, and looking away.*

"I.. that's just terrible. I don't know what to say."

Deckmaster
2007-01-10, 05:52 PM
(Oh, and to answer a question somewhere in here, the Monk's abilities were changed when I abandoned the secret ballot. I forgot to change the description of the Rogue's ability to match.)

Ceika
2007-01-10, 05:59 PM
*Ceika sighs and lowers her head, though there is a bruise above her right eyebrow*

So I see, she was no more than a rebellious teenager. And my hand played a part in her death... for that, there is no excuse. I shall have to be far more careful when I raise my voice. You were right, Lucky... it's unfortunate that we keep having to find that out the hard way.

Rumda
ah... it seems she was just a little brat after all....

Fullbladder cusses and spits on the ground.

"Now I have to do paperwork."

As though this should some it all up, he turns away and starts heading for the Sheriff's Office. The only clue of remorse he shows is when he turns his head to view the gallows, and pumps his shotgun in one final threatening gesture to the Wolves.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 06:00 PM
"Killed for throwing rocks. Sick, and more bloody bad press we don't need. At least the paperwork ain't mine."

*Decken marches off into the guardhouse*

churchofbanjo
2007-01-10, 06:22 PM
Church walks up next to Genzina and sighs. "I'll avenge you. Your death will not be in vain, for our chances of finding the wolves have now increased thanks to your death." With that, church picks up his staff and whacks random objects in case they're werewolves.

Flabbicus
2007-01-10, 06:23 PM
The rock is not a wolf.

Oh well. Don't throw stones at glass houses.

*Walks away*

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-01-10, 06:47 PM
Why is it that every time after the first lynching, I'm always standing here and saying "I told you so"? Hmm...

((Because it's statistically probable?))

Tharj TreeSmiter
2007-01-10, 06:48 PM

Because the first lynching is always a better them than me bandwagoning effect.

Weebl
2007-01-10, 07:10 PM
I think that I can safely say one phrase right now: I TOLD YOU SO!

Zonac
2007-01-10, 07:13 PM
Well, I got nothin' to do, so I might as well just slip into the shadows. And I'm gone in a flash.

Ink
2007-01-10, 07:22 PM
"Huh. So the town guards cause an innocent teenage girl to be executed over a misguided juvenile act... What great headlines this'll make in tomorrow's early edition!"

Ink scurries off to the newsroom.

churchofbanjo
2007-01-10, 08:16 PM
Church feels his staff bounce off of something. "YARGH! DIE WOLF!" He screams as he begins to hack at a tree stump.

Blood
2007-01-10, 10:03 PM
Blood closes his eyes as Gezina is lynched, already guessing that she's a villager. He turns away and looks around at the crowd. "Despicable. Killing an innocent teenager because she threw a rock and you thought she was a werewolf. You should all be ashamed!" Blood seems more sad than angry, however, and slowly walks home, giving a last glare in the general direction of King of Griffins.

Blood shakes his head and walks into his house, sighing.

Lucky
2007-01-10, 10:04 PM
Church feels his staff bounce off of something. "YARGH! DIE WOLF!" He screams as he begins to hack at a tree stump.

Pssst... I think he thinks Tharj is a wolf...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-10, 10:07 PM
With a sleepy look in her eyes, Ms E enters the middle of town near to sunset. "Wha-?! I missed an entire day? The entire first day? SNAP!" She notices the hanging body of Gezina. "Oh, snap..." She shakes her head.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-10, 10:14 PM
Iames sadly goes back inside.

Flabbicus
2007-01-10, 10:26 PM
Pssst... I think he thinks Tharj is a wolf...

Nah, Tharj kills trees but... Oh, I see. Funny.

Altharis
2007-01-10, 11:15 PM
Ah! I missed my first day! Great Walrus guard my head!

veecher
2007-01-10, 11:27 PM
fasionably late to to party! no matter, ill stop those wolves this time.

Joosbawx
2007-01-10, 11:40 PM
Joosbawx watches the hanging of Gezina and then turns in silendce to return to his gardens for the last few minutes of daylight before the sun sets. As he turns to close the gate he eyes King of Griffins for a moment before turning to enter his home and lock the door behind him.

alec
2007-01-10, 11:41 PM
Alec looks downcast at the turn of events, and walk back to his house in silence.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-11, 12:29 AM
*DLD looks at Gezina's dead body*

This is unfortunate. I hope we're able to get a wolf next time.

*DLD returns to the guardhouse for the night*

Gralamin
2007-01-11, 01:42 AM
I am greatly sorry I haven't talked much this day, but it was as obvious to me as to Lucky that Gez wasn't the wolf. Lucky, I'm sorry for pointing at you and insulting you. You obviously have more common sense then the rest.

(With that Gralamin enters his house, and goes to sleep)

Exachix
2007-01-11, 01:49 AM
Exachix collapses at the gallows, and weeps.

Much later in the night he heads back home.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-11, 02:28 AM
So what exactly are the rules for the monk and the rogue then? I thought the only thing the rogue had was that they could escape death, while the monk's only ability seems to be that he can't be raised or protected, even though he's a good guy, which actually makes it worse to be the monk than to be a villager!

Helgraf
2007-01-11, 04:27 AM
"Lamentable. Sad. Irreversable. I go to bed now, hoping to wake in the morning, knowing we have made it that much easier for the true wolves among us to continue their feast."

Helgraf shakes his head, wiping a singular tear from his eye, and heads to his little hut.

((Also, sorry I missed the vote - got pulled into work a bit earlier than planned))

Deckmaster
2007-01-11, 10:59 AM
Day 2 Begins!

Everyone gathers in the town square and all the heads are counted. Two are missing; Captain van der Decken and Zonac. A search of the village finds the good captain...or at least his body. It's quite clear that he has been hit by some kind of powerful magic. A search of his body reveals a holy symbol in the shape of a sun disc. Looking in Zonac's hut, his body is found in a similar gruesome fashion as Deckmaster's. A spellbook is found which is titled "Evocation for Dummies." A mysterious spell called Hadoken is bookmarked.

Captain van der Decken, a villager and the Cleric, was killed by the Evoker Zonac.
Zonac, a villager and an Evoker Wizard, was eaten by wolves.

The day ends at 11 AM EST tomorrow.

Kyrian
2007-01-11, 11:01 AM
Oh crap!

Kyrian searches Zonac's hut.

2007-01-11, 11:03 AM
....did the good guys on team villager just blast each other?

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 11:09 AM
Apparently...well, the Cleric ability was a bit dangerous, but it could have been useful for someone who could not come backs as wolf (Fighter!!). Ah, well. Time to move on. Which leads do we have?

Deckmaster
2007-01-11, 11:10 AM
Not so much. Zonac blasted Captain van der Decken, mistaking him for a wolf, when he was really the Cleric. Then Zonac was killed by the wolves.

Just bad luck, I'm afraid.

On a side note, I wouldn't have revealed who killed Captain van der Decken if he hadn't been killed himself. I would have said he died of "mysterious circumstances."

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-11, 11:17 AM
Geez... two people in one night? And both were villagers with special powers. This is not good. Not good at all.

Kyrian
2007-01-11, 11:30 AM
Kyrian picks up the Evocation for Dummies book, unless Deckmaster says he may not.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-11, 11:37 AM
*Decken's ghost appears*

"My Liege has granted me vengeance. Zonac will be damned to the nine hells, I swear."

Deckmaster
2007-01-11, 11:42 AM
Kyrian, pick up the book if you want, but it won't do you a bit of good, since it's written in an ancient dead language only Zonac can read (or something).

InaVegt
2007-01-11, 11:50 AM
The ghost of Gezina appears behind Ceika and throws more rocks at her, looking furious at the villagers.

Exachix
2007-01-11, 11:52 AM
Exachix sighs, having come out of his house and looks around.

"So, we lost two people? And both good people? Sugar." He sighs when he sees Gezina.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-11, 11:52 AM
The ghost of Decken moves in to chase off the ghost of Gezina.

"Zonac is not a "good people". He clearly worships devils! He used foul magic to murder an upstanding priest of St Cuthbert! And that book is no doubt written in the infernal tongue."

((:tongue: I assume you just guessed that I was a werewolf?))

Jontom Xire
2007-01-11, 12:18 PM
Actually I think the wolves did us a favour. If he killed the cleric with his first blast, no doubt he would have aimed at someone like the fighter with his second!

Damnit - there goes a ress for any useful member of the village.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-11, 12:24 PM
((You know, I was wondering about ressing a wolf, seeing as they may change human. Just ask them to list the wolves, and if the list has a villager, lynch them again.

Probably a bad idea, alot could go wrong. I was hoping to find someone I could definitely trust to ask about it.))

Helgraf
2007-01-11, 12:53 PM
Helgraf woke, shaved, stumbled into town to find two more villagers passed in the evening; one apparently slain by fell witchery, the other by ... werewolf attack.

"This is ... a most unfortunate turn of events." He sighed, made a symbol against evil.

"If I understand what you've told me, the wolves killed the one responsible for the witchery? Most unusual..."

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 12:58 PM
Helgraf: I think the wolves and the evoker named their targets simultaneously - Especially when we consider the very short night.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-11, 01:16 PM
Walks out of his house...yawns and goes aroudnw itht eh rest of the mob and just cant believe what happened.

Zonac
2007-01-11, 01:33 PM
(( I guessed when I chose you, you seemed like the most suspicious to me after Gezina))

The ghost of Zonac appears.

How was I supposed to know you were a cleric, I was just guessing. And why did the werewolves attack ME!?! Really, I try my best to hide my identity as a villager from the wolves while convincing townsfolk I WAS a villager, just so I can survive to see tomorrow, and whatya know! Wolf eats innocent villager who accidentilly killed a cleric, how fair is it I get eaten? I'll follow the person I feel most suspicious of tonight to make sure he's not a wolf, and if he's not a wolf, then mystery solved, i konw who did it! And last but not least, my spell book is not written in infernal, it's in terran! Put some points in speak language already!

And with that, I follow *not giving names* to make sure he doesn't transform, in case he's a wolf, and if he does transform, I'll do somethin' about it.

Silkenfist
2007-01-11, 01:37 PM
(( I guessed when I chose you, you seemed like the most suspicious to me after Gezina))

The ghost of Zonac appears.

How was I supposed to know you were a cleric, I was just guessing. And why did the werewolves attack ME!?! Really, I try my best to hide my identity as a villager from the wolves while convincing townsfolk I WAS a villager, just so I can survive to see tomorrow, and whatya know! Wolf eats innocent villager who accidentilly killed a cleric, how fair is it I get eaten? I say it was **** who was the wolf, I just know it! As a matter of fact, I'll follow him tonight just to make sure! And last but not least, my spell book is not written in infernal, it's in terran! Put some points in speak language already!

And with that, I follow **** to make sure he doesn't transform, in case he's a wolf, and if he does transform, I'll know.

OK....

1) Attacking people during the night if you are not a wolf and not sure whether your target is one is generally a very very bad idea. Unless your powers forced you to kill somone, this has been a bad move.

2) Ghost posts are OK as long as you don't try to influence our votes. I don't feel influenced at all by this rabble but maybe someone else does. Please edit your post immediately.

Kyrian
2007-01-11, 01:44 PM
I will pick up the book, Deckmaster, even if it won't do me any good. :-)

Joosbawx
2007-01-11, 02:02 PM
Oh sure, you WANT us to get rid of the guard so you can get us in the night, I suspect you of being a werewolf Gezina.

(So, does just pointing at the person count as a vote, or do I have to PM someone, and how do I use my powers?)

((My guess is that the above post has something to do with you being eaten, Zonac.))

Joosbawx leaves his house and stays in his garden, listening to the Village as he clears his head. Once the news reaches him, he heads toward the gathered knot of debaters and listens more closely.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-11, 02:44 PM
I'll second that.

You know I had a feeling in IV that roles were picked rather than random. I mean after my first couple of games I was ripe to be a mason, and what was I? A mason. While it would ruin the game if you could guarantee that all newbies to the game were boring old villagers, a certain discretion in picking special roles might help prevent posts like the one quoted by Joosbawx above.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-11, 02:55 PM
Mmm. Poor luck, Zonac.
I didn't even get the chance to say something clericky. :frown:

Blood
2007-01-11, 03:42 PM
Blood wakes up and brings a small coffee to the town meeting place, where he hears about the deaths. "I'm sure it was an accident. But this does not bode well. We have lost key members of our group to a small mistake." He sighs and sips his coffee slowly. "We must be doubly on the lookout for suspicious behavior."

Ceika
2007-01-11, 03:56 PM
*Ceika walks around the town, her heart heavy with the terrors of the small town. She seems oblivious to the rocks that are apparently being thrown at her, and sets about gathering all the information she can, determined not to be so quick to judge in the future.*

B-Man
2007-01-11, 03:59 PM
B-Man walks out of his house and spills his coffee upon discovering the two bodies. Now this sucks! We lose a vital wolf-killing ability because the wolves are lucky. He ponders a bit and looks at everyone, considering who could be a werewolf and who might not.

2007-01-11, 05:06 PM
Fullbladder falls to his knees before Decken's corpse.

"Nutsy... NOOOOOOOOO!"

Composing himself, the sheriff stands and turns. In his hands the shotgun shakes with almost malicious vigor. His eyes contain fresh fires.

"Them thar wolves are going down," he mutters to himself, though he is uncertain in his actions.

churchofbanjo
2007-01-11, 05:45 PM
Church gets out of bed, and yawns. He looks out his window and sees all of the villagers crowded around a body. No, two bodies. "Oh, no." He mutters, and runs outside in his pajamas. He listens to the murmuring gossip, and says, "WHAT! WHERE IS THAT STUPID WIZARD WHO KILLED OUR CLERIC? I'LL KICK HIS INCORPOREAL BUTT FROM HERE TO CLEVELAND!"

Captain "Fluffy"
2007-01-11, 06:11 PM
The Captain leaves his house after a refreshing night's sleep. He looks around, figuring out what happened the past night.

Well, I can't say that I'm particularly happy about this turn of events. Not only did we lynch an innocent villager, but our evoker killed our holy cleric, and then was eaten by the wolves.
*Squeak?*
No, there's no clues. Not only are three of our villagers dead, but we are no further to figuring out who the true werewolves are!

Fluffy goes off to see what's happening around the rest of the town.

And now we have ghosts haunting the place. This just gets better and better.
*Squeak?*
Yes, Phil, that was sarcasm.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-11, 06:44 PM
The gnome begins to think about what occured the yesterday as the events run over in his mind.

"It is one thing to jump on an obvious bandwagon its a complelty diffrent thing to come up with crazy theories so other will continue to jump on it to get a majority. The first person I remember yesterday to do so was Jontom Xire..."

*Gnome Barbarian points at Jontom Xire

"It may stand me out as a wolf because I'm starting to point but I think we need to rid the town of these fowl beasts."

((On another note I just had an idea for werewolf VI and am hoping i can narrate and whoever would like to co-narrate it with me is more than welcome just send me a PM and we can work out the details.))

Gralamin
2007-01-11, 07:05 PM
I am shocked at this. I really thought that such stupidity wouldn't happen *sigh*.
After mulling over things last night, I choose to accuse the King_of_GRiffins, as Lucky has proven himself to be an ally.

Gralamin points at King_of_GRiffins

Lucky
2007-01-11, 07:58 PM
Now this sucks! We lose a vital wolf-killing ability because the wolves are lucky. Are not! Oh... I get it.

Gralamin... I would be hesitant to say KoG is a wolf. If he is a wolf, why did the "bandwagon" against me only reach 4 people? Would the wolves not try to work together at least in the slightest? Of course, what was it about the Gezina bandwagon that caught on? The wolves know we are both villagers, and the chances are the same that we would have a special role, which, in case anyone is wondering, I don't, but believe me only if you want. I suppose the difference is that Gez had acquired a bandwagon before the wolves jumped on it, assuming they did. This is why I suggest we discount the first 3 or 4 people on that list of being wolves.

Ceika
Silkenfist
Selrahc
Jontom Xire

Now, if a wolf jumped on the bandwagon, if would be logical to assume it happened at least after Selrahc.

Of course, all this assumes that the wolves didn't attempt to bandwagon against me, just had the rest decide Gez was a better target.

This only discounts people, but at the moment we have little to work with, and any idea helps.

2007-01-11, 08:13 PM
((Deckmaster: would you be willing to keep the next deadline for votes and actions on the front page, so we don't have to dig through the thread every time we want to know?))

Kyrian
2007-01-11, 08:48 PM
Kyrian watches Church. Namely, Church's actions.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-11, 09:28 PM
Ms E tiptoes cautiously out of her door. Noticing the two bodies, she let's out a sigh, "Oh good grief, we just lost two people with roles!" She contemplates this for a moment. "Oh snap, now the pointing starts!" Quickly she darts behind a bush, peering out from between the leaves.

2007-01-11, 09:49 PM
Well, lucky, your list is and the such is the best we have to go by for now.

*Death points at Jontom Xire

Hopefully in the latter games the patterns will appear.

Lucky
2007-01-11, 09:55 PM
Actually, if we are to pick someone based on what I brought up, I would like to suggest DLD.

*Lucky points at DLD

Now we see what happens...

churchofbanjo
2007-01-11, 10:41 PM
Church looks at all of the accusations flying around "Alright, can't you see we're following a pattern ourselves? We're all disagreeing, without following any other patterns besides who jumped first. Villagers can jump to conclusions also. We need, for those 4 Lucky mentioned, some more evidence to narrow it down. We don't have much as of yet, but we need something. Any ideas?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-11, 10:48 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/bman777/llama-3.png

*As the sound of a recorder suddenly appears from nowhere, a small whirlwind moves into the center of town. A llama dressed in green falls from the whirlwind and a snap is heard. He gets up and looks around at the scene and then down at the broken recorder on the ground.*

*A small fairy appears beside him annoyingly hollering* Hey, listen! LLink, this is a village. Its got some people in it. Maybe you should talk to them?"

*The llama looks up annoyed at the little fairy* "Well, yeah...that was the plan. Lets see why I've been dropped off here and how Ganon ties into it all."

*The fairy flies above the heads of certain people and tries to get the llama to ask her about them.* "Hey, this is a personification of death. Hey, this is a pirate. Hey, listen!!"

churchofbanjo
2007-01-11, 11:03 PM
Church idly whacks the fairy with his staff, before turning again to the crowd of murmuring villagers.

2007-01-11, 11:09 PM
El J steps out of his tavern, wiping a beer mug on his apron.

"Ahoy, and good morning me hearties! Did we all sleep well? I myself had a most- aw, hell."

He surveys the carnage, then heads into the tavern to fill that beer mug.

Gralamin
2007-01-11, 11:53 PM
You have a point Lucky, However I Doubt DLD is a werewolf. She more or less choose Gezina for insulting the guard she is the head of. Unless I missed something, I don't think shes a wolf.

Kyrian
2007-01-12, 12:00 AM
((DLD is a female...))

Gralamin
2007-01-12, 12:25 AM
(Note to self, Pay more attention, editing)

Helgraf
2007-01-12, 12:42 AM
"So, we basically have no more information than before. So far, there seem to be three suspects ... and very little data to back up the accusations. I feel it imprudent to make an accusation myself yet."

Joosbawx
2007-01-12, 12:47 AM
Joosbawx listens and watches as the fingers are unsheathed and leveled around the square.

"I still suspect King of Griffins from yesterday; however, the fact that he hasn't appeared to defend himself is very un-Wolfish. And Lucky moving to defend him seems to suggest some sort of "Brotherhood" between them...either the Wolfish kind or the Mason persuasion. I'm more inclined toward the latter, but that may be wishful thinking.

"At this juncture, I don't know enough about any of you to be crawling out on a limb, so I have to vote for myself...and I have to say my suspicions from yesterday haven't changed...yet."

Joosbawx points to King_of_Griffins.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 01:53 AM
Well, lucky, your list is and the such is the best we have to go by for now.

*Death points at Jontom Xire

Hopefully in the latter games the patterns will appear.

Umm, I've been a guard in the last two games I've played, and so when someone starts throwing stones at them, and especially at such a cute girl as Ceika, what do you expect me to do? That's my perfectly rational explanation for pointing at Gezina.

Mind you I think Death doesn't like me much. I was a mason in the last game and Death was suspicious of me almost to the end.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 02:05 AM

Except that veterans will know this, so when they see a bandwagon forming they will immediately vote for some random bystander. Right, Tormsskull?

Jontom votes for Tormsskull

2007-01-12, 02:13 AM
EDIT: although i must say, being in the guard does not clear you from suspicion, otherwise wolves would flock to be a guard.

Mind you I think Death doesn't like me much. I was a mason in the last game and Death was suspicious of me almost to the end.

I just have trust issues! I find you and your games you make genius material. And looking back Lucky stated you wouldn't get his vote, so I won't vote for you that way. (It was Trog who seemed shifty), and your life was almost lover like.

*Death points at Tormskul.

Your theories may lead us to a win.

And I always join in paranoia and bump...

Weebl
2007-01-12, 02:38 AM
Death and Jotom are my most trusted leaders. I shall now follow thier lead.

*Weebl points at Tormskull*

Krystal_Tiger
2007-01-12, 04:25 AM
[mini rant]

Ilaissa swoops down from a nearby tree, and looks at the bodys. Oh...great! we need all the villagers we can get to help fight the wolfs!! ARGGGGG!!! The half dragon takes a few deep breaths.

Ok...ok....... Now I can't talk for tormskull, but i think that the logic of:
Except that veterans will know this, so when they see a bandwagon forming they will immediately vote for some random bystander. Right, Tormsskull?
is...well not very well thought out, i mean: bandwagon forms, some villages will follow, some wolfs will follow, villages because, mabye not having anuf evdence to make a decition for ourselfs, the wolfs, to blend in with the crowd.
also, if the wolfs know that jumping on a bandwagon will make people vote for them, and if the villages know that jumping on a bandwagon will make people vote for them, then both wolfs AND villages, will try to do something that DOESENT arusoe suspition, so of course, they do...

the half elf seems to go off rant mode, and sits on the ground masaring her temples. Take over Zira... the fariy dragon flys up in the air to about human head hight. The Mistress whould also like to say that she knows that defending someone may be an act of masons, if their are any in the village, or an act of wolfery, but she is simply going on a small rant to say this:

TRYING NOT TO BE WOLFISH COULD JUST BE A VILLAGER, TRYING NOT TO BE LYNCHED!!!!

of course...now i'll propley be wolf chow...*sigh*

oh, and Zira and the Mistress say: *I point at Jontem Xire!*

the dragon flops down on the Ilaissa's head and falls asleep, giggling in her sleep.

((ok, im back from my hoilday, and just in time it seems, iv'e seem my role, and im glad of being a...wait...i need to cheak again, anyway, this seems fun, and full to the brim of parinoa...i wonder how many wolfs there are? hmmmmm))

[/mini rant]

Blood
2007-01-12, 07:25 AM
Blood listens to the crowd, then gives his own input. "Gralamin was the first one to jump on King of Griffins's early bandwagon, and he did it right away. Since then, he's acted a bit too suspicious for my tastes." Blood points at Gralamin.

Blood follows El J into the tavern, hoping for a beer.

alec
2007-01-12, 07:36 AM
Alec leaves his house, and again looks sick at the sight of the bodies. He listens to the arguments, and rubs his forehead. "Yesterday there were no logical arguments, today there are to many. Great, just great." He ponders which way to vote for a while, before deciding.
*Alec points at Tormskull*
The argument makes sense, and seems to have good odds to me. "Here's hoping we're right this time."

Kyrian
2007-01-12, 07:47 AM
Kyrian smiles.

Trying to cover for Tormskull, Krystal? I believe that Jontom's theory makes sense, and I believe you just helped prove it.

*Kyrian points at Krystal_Tiger

TheRabidWalnut
2007-01-12, 07:49 AM
TheRabidWalnut carefully preps the finger o' pointing and unleashes its full pointy doom upon Tormskull, since I find Krystal_Tiger's misdirection very very suspicious.

Bearchase
2007-01-12, 07:51 AM
OOoo, pointing!

Bearchase and Quentin come out and look at what's going on. Bearchase listens to several arguments, but being a kender he's not paying much attention to anyone. Quentin does however and speaks to the kender about them.

This one?

*Bearchase points at Tormsskull.

Rumda
2007-01-12, 07:52 AM
What a disaster I don't think it could have gone any worse we need to think before lynching any one else...

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-12, 08:38 AM
(oh come on, he's not even mourning her.)

points at Exachix

Selrahc
2007-01-12, 08:40 AM
I find Krystal Dragon more suspicious than Tormsskull. Of course since she was defending Tormsskull that makes him suspicious.

Guess I'll vote fopr Tormsskull

*Points at Tormsskull*

Lucky
2007-01-12, 09:49 AM
*Lucky points at Tormsskull

Makes sense.

Joosbawx
2007-01-12, 10:20 AM
((OOCly, here is the vote tally so far.))

Jontom Xire (2)
-----------
Gnome Barbarian
Krystal_Tiger

King_of_GRiffins (2)
----------------
Gralamin
Joosbawx

Tormsskull (8)
----------
Jontom Xire
Death
Weebl
Alec
TheRabidWalnut
Bearchase
Selrahc
Lucky

Gralamin (1)
--------
Blood

Krystal_Tiger (1)
-------------
Kyrian

Exachix (1)
-------
Atreyu the Masked LLama

Joosbawx watches and continues to hold his finger out toward King of Griffins. "I still feel that King of Griffins seems suspicious. Don't be fooled simply because he doesn't respond. Likely hoping to slide under the radar? If not this day, then perhaps another.

"As for those sticking up for others its fairly obvious what's going one since they're divided into two groups. Wolves sticking up for Wolves, and Masons sticking up for fellow Masons. I don't particularly care for either group since it seems all the Masons ever accomplish is maing it difficult to seperate the wolves because of their shadowy actions...however, they're far better than the wolves since they aren't outright killing anyone. Just a thought."

Deckmaster
2007-01-12, 11:23 AM
The Day Ends.

Tormsskull is now the one chosen for lynching. The crowd waits with bated breath as he is taken to the gallows, hoping that they have found their first wolf. It takes two guards to take him to the gallows, as he is protesting fiercely the whole time, but in the end he suffers the same fate as Gezina. The lever is pulled, the body drops, and at first nothing happens. Then the body begins changing shape and growing fur. The crowd begins to cheer. The hangman searches the body and finds a bag of spell components.

Tormsskull, a wolf and the Sorcerer, was lynched.

Congratulations! Night ends at about 11 AM tomorrow. Inactivity lynching starts now. I'd appreciate some help in keeping track of who should be lynched for inactivity, starting from today. Anyone who didn't post before this won't be lynched, but you'd better start if you want to play.

Selrahc
2007-01-12, 11:26 AM
Woot.

Okay, lets get the rest. Krystal Tiger, an explanation please if you don't want to be lynched.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 11:42 AM
Does the moonwalk

Woot, I still got it. That's two games in a row I got Tormsskull lynched on the bare minimum of evidence, and turned out to be right!!

Btw, I recommend we now look at the person he pointed at. Last game El J spent quite a lot of time pointing at me and other masons in a somewhat pointless manner. I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the same idea again. From memory he pointed at Helgraf, so maybe we need to look at him.

And now I'm going to go prepare to be eaten by werewolves. I spent most of Werewolf IV in surprise that I hadn't been eaten yet for my stunning insights. I don't expect to be so lucky this game.

2007-01-12, 11:48 AM
:smallwink:

Wolves can't touch modest people, that's why you were so safe.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 11:50 AM
Oh, one small note, while I am glad Tormsskull was lynched, getting a quorum of at least 30% or something of the total population for a single lynchee is a good idea. According to Joosbawx there were 8 votes out of 43 for Tormsskull. I was starting to have second thoughts, and if I had decided to do a last minute about face I would have liked some time in which to do it. For why, the day Dis didn't die from Werewolf IV is an example. The day lasted a long time, but was easily the most fun of the whole game.

Deckmaster
2007-01-12, 11:52 AM
Well, I'll probably do longer days as the numbers dwindle. Weekends by necessity will entail long days since I can't get on a computer at all on Sundays. Which means tomorrow will start a 48-hour day.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-12, 11:54 AM
Well, I'll probably do longer days as the numbers dwindle. Weekends by necessity will entail long days since I can't get on a computer at all on Sundays. Which means tomorrow will start a 48-hour day. ((They weren't 48-hour before? I'll take note of that))

Deckmaster
2007-01-12, 12:12 PM
I mean a 48-hour "Day", the period between sunrise and sunset when everyone votes.

Exachix
2007-01-12, 12:32 PM
Points at AtreyuLLink?, again.

"I'm not mourning here." Careful people will notices he doesn't actually say much, and looks slightly unhappy.

Wait... I may have missed something... ah well.

Ceika
2007-01-12, 12:54 PM
((Is it posted somewhere when the next day begins/ends? That would be very helpful for someone as scatterbrained as myself...))

*Ceika watches the gallows with concern, fearing another innocent may hang. She sighs in relief when the body changes, nodding solemnly.*

Well, that's one down. The gods only know how many more... But at least one less wolf will hunt tonight. With luck, another will hang tomorrow. Good Call, Jontom... keep up the good work.

*She nods to Jontom, patting him on the back as she goes back to patrolling the village.*

Helgraf
2007-01-12, 01:14 PM
Does the moonwalk

Woot, I still got it. That's two games in a row I got Tormsskull lynched on the bare minimum of evidence, and turned out to be right!!

Btw, I recommend we now look at the person he pointed at. Last game El J spent quite a lot of time pointing at me and other masons in a somewhat pointless manner. I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the same idea again. From memory he pointed at Helgraf, so maybe we need to look at him.

And now I'm going to go prepare to be eaten by werewolves. I spent most of Werewolf IV in surprise that I hadn't been eaten yet for my stunning insights. I don't expect to be so lucky this game.

Helgraf watched with trepidation as another villager was led to his death, but permitted himself a small smile when the body turned into that of one of their tormentors. "A small victory for us ... yet werewolves hardly ever hunt alone." He went to his hut and barred the door; it wouldn't stop a determined werewolf, but it made it easier for him to sleep at night.

Lucky
2007-01-12, 01:17 PM
((OOC: Okay bud, your memory is flawed - I ain't been pointed at yet.))
((Yes, you have. *goes to search for post.*

Torm watches everyone with idle amusement. He then shrugs, and rolls a die. [roll0]

))

Tormsskull
2007-01-12, 01:22 PM
((Woah. I fell asleep, woke up, and was out of the game. Anyhow, good luck everyone.))

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 01:28 PM
You had bad luck - being a wolf and in the same game as me AGAIN.

Helgraf
2007-01-12, 01:36 PM
((Yes, you have. *goes to search for post.*

))

Oh well, bugger all that for a lark. I thought I'd checked all the back posts. Guess I have to wonder what I did to raise the ire of our newest ghost.

:goes a hunting through backposts:

Oh, I see - he pointed at me on the day prior? Honestly, I hadn't even noticed; probably since it didn't draw any additional attention so I never felt in any real danger of being lynched. The fact he did it with a random die roll probably helped.

B-Man
2007-01-12, 01:41 PM
((I wish that I actually paid attention to this Werewolf game, as opposed to fully concentrating on narrating Classic II... that's the second time I missed the lynch! We should really revert to the 48hr day and 24hr nights... it does slow the game down a bit, but it does allow those with hectic schedules time to read through and come to conclusions easier.))

B-Man dances a bit. We gots a wolf! Yes we dids!

Helgraf
2007-01-12, 01:46 PM
((I wish that I actually paid attention to this Werewolf game, as opposed to fully concentrating on narrating Classic II... that's the second time I missed the lynch! We should really revert to the 48hr day and 24hr nights... it does slow the game down a bit, but it does allow those with hectic schedules time to read through and come to conclusions easier.))

((A-BLOODY-GREED - I've missed both votes because work schedule combined with such short deadlines means I either have to vote mega-early (prior to leaving for work) and risk the almost certain lynch-suspicions afterward, or hope to God I can get on the computer before the vote ends - a tactic that has failed me twice now.))

B-Man dances a bit. We gots a wolf! Yes we dids!

Yes, that we did. We can breathe ... a little easier, anyway.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-12, 01:47 PM
Woot. We've taken out one of the wolves advantages! Well done.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-12, 01:57 PM
Decken's ghost appears.

"Hurrah! Another witch is dead!"

He incants:
"Ex Libri of Vengeance
Secui VI
Versus VII X

Quod Ecce! Sanctus Cuthbert occupo - " reperio turpis veneficus , quod purgo lemma in defaeco flamma , sic suum sins may non vado impunitus." "

((Bad latin, I know.:wink:))

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 02:43 PM
Oh well, bugger all that for a lark. I thought I'd checked all the back posts. Guess I have to wonder what I did to raise the ire of our newest ghost.

:goes a hunting through backposts:

Oh, I see - he pointed at me on the day prior? Honestly, I hadn't even noticed; probably since it didn't draw any additional attention so I never felt in any real danger of being lynched. The fact he did it with a random die roll probably helped.

Umm, actually the "random" die roll (which you can tell didn't use the die roller) actually pointed at Ink (if I remember correctly) if you use the list on page 1.

Now call me Mr Suspicious, but Mr Helgraf is number one right now because Tormsskull pointed at him when it was clear he wouldn't get lynched. For those that do voting-patterns-by-numbers that means that they can't both be wolves, right? Except it was clear who WOULD get lynched. As I stated earlier, El J, as a mason, used exactly that tactic to try and break the voting block pattern in Werewolf IV. So since it turned out that Tormsskull WAS a wolf...

Ok, in case you're a bit slow...that makes it likely that so is Helgraf a wolf, and frankly how you can not notice yourself get pointed at, plus the fact I pointed it out to him in a PM much earlier in case we were about to lynch a mason, PLUS his responses since, and the fact that the "random" number Tormsskull rolled didn't even point to him...

I am so pointing at Helgraf next turn. Of course he could just be an innocent bystander that Tormsskull just picked wrongly at random, in which case I apologise, but given that next lynching is only the third, and as far as I know (although I'm happy to be corrected) we haven't lynched a werewolf within three lynchings unless the seer spotted one.

============

Next point:

I could be a wolf that sacrificed Tormsskull to gain trust. I think we covered this extensively when having suspicions of Death in Werewolf IV. As a tactic it sucks. Ending up being the only werewolf who is in a position of trust, you still need to work the village all the way down to you and one other to win. Given masons and other trust relationships that form it's impossible.

So I recommend the various villagers that have roles and can prove them (or not - I'll work it out anyway) get in touch with me. Of course I'll probably die tonight, but if I don't it's a start.

Lucky
2007-01-12, 02:53 PM
Umm, actually the "random" die roll (which you can tell didn't use the die roller) actually pointed at Ink (if I remember correctly) if you use the list on page 1.

The list on page 1 has been change since the beginning. I.E. Gez and Captain van der Decken were both above Helgraf, which would of pushed him down to 26th. So at the time of the roll, Helgraf was 26th.

Personally, I don't buy into this theory at all, it was a random die roll that pointed at someone who wasn't being lynched is essentially all you've said. Sure, it could have rolled a wolf, but I don't buy it. Sorry.

On that note, I do have some suspicion towards Gnome Barbarian, he followed along with Krystal Tiger, refusing to vote for someone who was discovered as a wolf. Also, he was included on my list of people who could be wolves, which was about 12 long.

How did he act? He acted, instead of like he was on a list 12 people long, like I had specifically called him out. Now, what is one sign one person is wolf? They get highly defensive when someone points at them, he got defensive before anyone pointed at him. No one on that list was so offended.

I apologize for scheming at night, but with the short days, we have to go by something.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-12, 03:05 PM
"Im just saying that to make a list because people voted for a someone that already had a large following isnt grounds enough for them to be a werewolf. No one had pointed at tormskull until after I had placed my suspicioun on Jontom. I knwo don't believe jontom to be a werewolf for the record. Im glad the rock got won the mayorship."

He goes into his house for the night.

Madmal
2007-01-12, 03:10 PM
Malmagor peeks out of his house

sooo...do we got one? ah, i see we did...but the wolves are probably mad right now...meep!!!

he slams the door to close it

((sorry for the absence, and the short post!))

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 03:28 PM
The list on page 1 has been change since the beginning. I.E. Gez and Captain van der Decken were both above Helgraf, which would of pushed him down to 26th. So at the time of the roll, Helgraf was 26th.

I'll buy that.

Personally, I don't buy into this theory at all, it was a random die roll that pointed at someone who wasn't being lynched is essentially all you've said.

So, Lucky, what makes you think it was a random die roll and not just Tormsskull saying it was a random die roll? The tactic I think Tormsskull was using, was the tactic that El J used last game, which is to point at a fellow wolf/mason, in this case a wolf. That way if they or you turn out to be a wolf then you have an alibi, plus it breaks the "voting as a block" pattern because surely you can't be in the same team if one of you pointed at the other!

On that note, I do have some suspicion towards Gnome Barbarian, he followed along with Krystal Tiger, refusing to vote for someone who was discovered as a wolf. Also, he was included on my list of people who could be wolves, which was about 12 long.

How did he act? He acted, instead of like he was on a list 12 people long, like I had specifically called him out. Now, what is one sign one person is wolf? They get highly defensive when someone points at them, he got defensive before anyone pointed at him. No one on that list was so offended.

I'll buy that. It's a good theory, but don't dismiss my Helgraf theory. I PM'ed him earlier (in case I was about to lynch a mason) and yet IC he pretended he didn't know he had been voted for even though i'm darn sure I made it clear why I was PMing him in my PM.

So top suspicions are:

Helgraf
Gnome Barbarian.

Lucky
2007-01-12, 03:33 PM
So, Lucky, what makes you think it was a random die roll and not just Tormsskull saying it was a random die roll? The tactic I think Tormsskull was using, was the tactic that El J used last game, which is to point at a fellow wolf/mason, in this case a wolf. That way if they or you turn out to be a wolf then you have an alibi, plus it breaks the "voting as a block" pattern because surely you can't be in the same team if one of you pointed at the other!

I thought of that myself, but if you quote a die roll, if it was a real roll it will appear as [roll0] and not [1d50]26 or whatever. If you check my quote, you will see it is [roll0]. Or if you don't trust me, quote it yourself and it should say [roll0].

It's a good theory, but the board has ways of making sure you can't fake a die roll, seeing as many rolls would be faked.

Of course it's possible he coincidently rolled a wolf, but the odds are against it.

2007-01-12, 03:35 PM
"One less predator feeding on our innocent blood. Excellent."

El Jaspero gives a satisfied nod at the sight of the lynched wolf, then heads back into the tavern.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-01-12, 04:51 PM
Ms E nods in approval at the wolf corpse on the ground, then proceeds to look over the spell components. "Lizzard scales, faerie wing, Llama kebab... Ooh! A vampire fang!" In accordance with her love for a certain anime, she takes the fang.

Ms E decides to join El J in the tavern, as she is thristy from having been hiding behind a bush all day.

Altharis
2007-01-12, 05:14 PM
Yay! Another one dead! And a special one too! Free drinks are on me! *heads off to tavern*

Krystal_Tiger
2007-01-12, 05:24 PM
As everyone leaves she just sadly stares at the gallows. And now because my theoy was wrong, if it was much of one that is, well now...*sigh* she flys over to her house, and flys in the chimly, locks it, the windows,and the door.
Oh i'm having a lovely day, exept for the blood...and death...and wolfs...and pointing at you, i wonder if they are pointing at me...oh and the anger... Ziras list goes on as Ilaissa places her staff on her desk, and curls up on her bed. I hope you have a goodnight Zira...I hope we all do.

((just keep in mind i wasen't forthcoming with my defene because i went to sleep, i just woke up now, and also: WHY DID I EVER SPEAK UP ABOUT MY OPINIONS!!!!!!!!! ...ok i'm ok now, but if im reading the posts right, i won't sead Ilaissa and Zira to their beds tomorrow, aw well, saying "I'm not a werewolf" NEVER works... *sigh*...ok goodmorning everyone!!!!))

Exachix
2007-01-12, 05:25 PM
Exachix smiles, but his smiles toon fades and he wanders off to the Tavern, quietly, and sits in a corner, drinking.

Gralamin
2007-01-12, 06:05 PM
So the first accusation has been set against me by Blood, for the soul reason that when Lucky had proven himself to be an ally, as he has once again done today, I got suspicious of his initial accuser. Its insanity.

(Gralamin goes to his house, drinks a cup of water and sleeps.)

Trog
2007-01-12, 06:46 PM
(It was Trog who seemed shifty)
Well, I'm always like that - I'm a tavern owner. *looks left and right without moving his head in the slightest. Flicks Coffin Nail cigarette. Stalks away into the shadows.*

Blood
2007-01-12, 06:52 PM
So the first accusation has been set against me by Blood, for the soul reason that when Lucky had proven himself to be an ally, as he has once again done today, I got suspicious of his initial accuser. Its insanity.

(Gralamin goes to his house, drinks a cup of water and sleeps.)
((Heh heh.))

Blood walks out of the tavern still occupied by El J, Ms E and probably others, quite drunk. He walks up to the gallows, giggling madly. Then he looks solemn. "A good wolf wush kill'd t'night." He bursts out laughing and splashes an ale across his face. Then he slowly walks home, still laughing at his own pathetic joke. He wonders, once he's not so drunk, if he'll be killed in his sleep...

2007-01-12, 09:04 PM
Fullbladder positions himself on the Sheriff's office's front porch, with his shotgun. He narrows his eyes as he watches Blood's performance, then shakes his head as he realizes his temporary suspect was merely drunk.

The goblin's vigil resumes.

Ink
2007-01-12, 09:16 PM
Ink goes to the tavern since the walrus man has promised free drinks.

alec
2007-01-13, 12:01 AM
Alec punches his fist in the air, and shouts his happiness into the air. He happily take Altharis up on his offer of a drink, before going back to his house with a spring in his step.

Altharis
2007-01-13, 12:10 AM
*Has a big party, bakes cookies, parties almost all night long, has a great band planned.*

*Comes home completely Pisssshed!*

Slartibartfast
2007-01-13, 01:26 AM
Ugh. Did multiple days go by? I was in a coma or something. ((or unable to post. That one more likely. I keep going to bed instead of posting.))

Hey look, a dead wolf. Neat. I guess the village is slightly safer. Time to go get irresponsibly drunk for no particular reason just like every good villager after something good happens. ((no actual weight to that one, just failing to be funny. ugh.))

What should I do when I sober up? Probably go unconscious for a week. I hear it's a new tradition starting up. Hello random drunk person! did you formerly used to be Blood, or are you just so drunk you look like him? Nevermind, I'll just get drunk enough everything looks like a frilly pink elephant. The joy of lynching wolves!

Helgraf
2007-01-13, 02:14 AM
Okay folks - I've been waffling back and forth on making this post for a few reasons - not the least of which is the fact that whenever someone tries to defend themselves in Werewolf, it seems almost inevitably they get lynched instead. But I feel the need to address a few issues vis a vis both my posts and Xire's interpretation of said posts, so I'm just going to have to take the chance.

I'd like to thank you, Xire for your heartfelt attempts to associate me with a wolf by some sort of blind-man's bluff. As you noted in your private message (the one I got when I got home from work and thus didn't even get to read until after the lynch for the night had already occured), I am new to the game - or more accurately, I am new to the net version of the game. I'm much more familair with the live version with about 10-20 people; wherein turns happen in quick succession so the events of work and life don't have a chance to drive things out of memory. I'm glad that your memory for such things is so very keen; I however, am not so fortunate; things that are insignificant to me (like the results of a vote held more than two days ago in which I wasn't even close to danger) don't linger in my mind well unless I'm forced to dwell on them. So yeah, when it was initially said that I'd been pointed to, I denied it - because I had no recollection of being accused _within the prior day_. Had I stopped long enough to consider the matter, I would have checked back to day 1, and then my initial reply would have been, obviously, substantially altered. Also, as Lucky pointed out, before the list edits, I was, in fact, #26 on the list, and as further pointed out, there is code on the boards designed to make cheating a die roll quite difficult; which weighs evidence once again on the theory of Tormskull having actually done this randomly as he stated.
However, that is not the way things went down, and because of that, you seem to have become convinced that I am playing the role of one of the werewolves.

So yes, I took steps to defend my record that turned out to be incorrect due to my own faulty memory. I would like to hope otherwise, but if that is sufficent evidence for you to banner me up as a werewolf, then there is nothing I can do beyond presenting my case to stop that. Having done this now, I am going to leave the matter quiet unless someone asks pertinent questions that I can answer.

~ Helgraf

Jontom Xire
2007-01-13, 02:16 AM
I thought of that myself, but if you quote a die roll, if it was a real roll it will appear as [roll0] and not [1d50]26 or whatever. If you check my quote, you will see it is [roll0]. Or if you don't trust me, quote it yourself and it should say [roll0].

It's a good theory, but the board has ways of making sure you can't fake a die roll, seeing as many rolls would be faked.

Of course it's possible he coincidently rolled a wolf, but the odds are against it.

I think you miss my point. If Tormsskull does a die roll, he has to submit the post to get the result. He then would need to go count down the list to find out he was pointing at, and THEN EDIT HIS POST! There was no edit. He can't get the number and enter the name that corresponds to that number IN THE SAME POST without editing it.

You may be right about the fact that it is difficult to fake a die roll. Let's try it myself (this may take a few practise runs/edits).

Here's a real roll: [1d50]
EDIT: Second attempt: 1d50

Here's a fake: [1d50]13

=====

EDIT:

Ok, so the fake worked fine first time but I got the syntax for the real roll wrong. Also, lucky, how come when you quoted Tormsskull it came out as [roll0] but when I quoted your supposedly "real" die roll it came out exactly as you wrote it. There is something decidedly fishy going on here, and I am starting to have serious distrust for you. You are arguing very heavily to save Helgraf, who has been suspicious in my eyes, and now your arguments don't add up either.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-13, 02:31 AM
Right, here goes:

Real: [roll0]
Fake: (1d50)[13]

Jontom Xire
2007-01-13, 02:32 AM
Right, here goes:

Real: [roll0]
Fake: (1d50)[13]

And now quoted. We'll see how this turns out. If they both say [roll0] then I'm absolutely 100% correct and Tormsskull faked his die roll.

======

EDIT:

Ok, so we have the following options:

1) Tormsskull did in fact, somehow that I cannot figure out, fake his die roll in a much better way than me so that when quoted it appears as [roll0].
2)Tormsskull faked the die roll and Lucky altered Tormsskull's text when quoting it.
3) Somehow that I can't figure out, Tormsskull did a real die roll AND managed to see the result before submitting his post so that he could then enter Helgraf's name.

Well I can test theory 2.

===

EDIT:EDIT:

Well I tested theory 2 and it looks like a real die roll (when I quoted Tormsskull's post myself it came out as [roll0]). So it looks like theory 1 or 3 is true.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-13, 02:35 AM
*The fairy hovers about the corpse of the werewolf and hollers at LLink.*
"This is a werewolf. You'll have to hit it with your sword a few times. Its really tough."

*The llama looks on frustrated.* "It's gonna take me a long time to fix the recorder and get out of here. We should try to help this village out with their werewolf problem. Damn it all that I don't have the silver arrow yet and the Master Sword isn't the right material. Let's get to sleep somewhere."
*The fairy flies over Jontom*
"This looks like some kind of demon. It seems civilized, though. Maybe its a lumberjack."
"Gah! Navi! That's really rude. Let's go."
*The llama and his "sidekick" head to the inn*

Lucky
2007-01-13, 04:46 AM
I think you miss my point. If Tormsskull does a die roll, he has to submit the post to get the result. He then would need to go count down the list to find out he was pointing at, and THEN EDIT HIS POST! There was no edit. He can't get the number and enter the name that corresponds to that number IN THE SAME POST without editing it.
Actually, this is all just new things with the board software. If you edit within the first (5)? minutes after you post, it won't appear as an edit.

Ok, so the fake worked fine first time but I got the syntax for the real roll wrong. Also, lucky, how come when you quoted Tormsskull it came out as [roll0] but when I quoted your supposedly "real" die roll it came out exactly as you wrote it. There is something decidedly fishy going on here, and I am starting to have serious distrust for you. You are arguing very heavily to save Helgraf, who has been suspicious in my eyes, and now your arguments don't add up either.
... That's because I just wrote how I remembered a real roll to work, in order to show a 26. I didn't mean to imply that I actually rolled.

Honestly, why would I even bother faking that die roll? It makes no sense, the die rolled meant nothing. There was no point in tricking people into thinking I rolled.

I value a lot of your theories, don't get me wrong, you are a good player, but this just seems like your grasping for people to lynch someone that you tell them to. Perhaps the sign of a wolf?

Of course, this would required you to have sold out one of your own, but assuming people fall for it, it would have a clear upside in doing so. Remove you of any suspect, and insure that will not be lynched, taking you right to the end, where you could always lean on the fact that you found a wolf when in an argument in who to lynch.

I don't necessarily believe this myself, but you do seem quite desperate at the moment.