PDA

View Full Version : x-men legends/ultimate alliance

zeratul
2007-01-09, 04:07 PM
Hi so what do you guys think about these games? i have mixed opinions on them and cant realy decide how good they are (im leaning twords pretty good) oh and does anyone know how to beat x-men legends one?

Apollo1564
2007-01-13, 07:38 PM
I like the games a lot. I'm a comic fan, so any option to control some of my favorite characters makes me happy. What exactly do you mean by "Beat" the game? are you looking for a walkthrough, or specific strategy against the end boss?

Ikkitosen
2007-01-15, 04:20 PM
If it is the end boss I seem to remember using Colossus' invulnerability a lot...Rogue's too, and Jean Grey's 'cos it affects everyone, since the baddie's heat seeking attacks rarely miss.

Then you have to run around turning off the consoles in the room and then once they're all off attack the big sentinel (master mould?) until he becomes invulnerable again. Then turn the consoles off again and repeat. Stay invulnerable and you'll be fine.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-20, 02:23 AM
I was first exposed to this genre with Justice League Heros. X-men Legends 1 is the only other one I've played. I enjoy X-men Legends. The way that the characters powers can affect the level is great and the variety of X-men is nice too. Good leveling system and the unique power-ups are nice.

The major flaw that I see in it is that too much of it is single player. My roomie and I often like to play it together, but that is disrupted during wandering the mansion or single player missions.
Oh and the levels seem to look too much alike in many stages.

Umbral_Arcanist
2007-01-21, 02:22 PM
Ultimate alliance is a whole lot of fun as is legends 1. I found these games to be very enjoyable and good as multi-player games because they are co-op, which seems to be very rare these days.

Eldred
2007-01-21, 02:28 PM
I have Ultimate Alliance, which is a really good and fun game, but I got it for the Wii. So, I lost the online multiplayer and a slight downgrade on the graphics. Personally, I should have considered getting it for a 360.

Charity
2007-01-21, 02:37 PM
I was first exposed to this genre with Justice League Heros. X-men Legends 1 is the only other one I've played. I enjoy X-men Legends. The way that the characters powers can affect the level is great and the variety of X-men is nice too. Good leveling system and the unique power-ups are nice.

The major flaw that I see in it is that too much of it is single player. My roomie and I often like to play it together, but that is disrupted during wandering the mansion or single player missions.
Oh and the levels seem to look too much alike in many stages.

Exactly my issue, the second PS2 one there is about a half hour of single play every hour or so, it is damn annoying if you are multi playering it.

It is otherwise a good game, and tyhe end of game boss is a big girls blouse.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-21, 11:46 PM
It is otherwise a good game, and tyhe end of game boss is a big girls blouse.

Bloody 'el, Charity, now I've got to play it just to see what on Earth you're talking about.

Charity
2007-01-22, 03:14 AM
Big girls blouse = not very tough, sorry I descend again into colloquialisms.

GnollLord
2007-01-22, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know where Spiderwoman's comic disc is in Ultimate Alliance? It's the only one I need and it's driving me nuts

AmoDman
2007-01-22, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know where Spiderwoman's comic disc is in Ultimate Alliance? It's the only one I need and it's driving me nuts

Not that I particularly encourage cheating in games (I hate it), but for collection garbage to unlock features of the game I just use the codes when it bothers me. Go to gamefaqs, they'll have codes to unlock whatever it is you want.

Larrin
2007-01-23, 02:18 PM
I've really enjoyed the games alot. Legends 2 is my favorite by far, but legends 1 and alliance had plenty of fun gameplay.

a couple of beefs with alliance though...1) the comic missions are BOOOOORING!!!!!!!!!! every single one is virtually identicle except at the very end where it is either very easy, very frustrating or apparently not doable.... (in Captain america's mission, how the heck am i supposed to beat Winter soldier before the 1 minute is up, it takes longer than that for a loner to take down a boss) 2) alot of the characters moves are REALLY similar, you have your chargeable melee attack and your rapid tap projectile that show up about 10 times each and really don't do anything different. 3) auto assign on by default, so when you unlock a character at level 20, the computers already bought powers which you don't want, and can't remove the initial point of 4)increasing skill costs, i understand maybe every so often it costing 2 points to buy the next level, but constant cost of 2 after a certain point and 3 points to put the last rank in got too expensive and detracted from characters actually IMPROVING at higher levels. Still alliance had a great variety of characters and some really fun moves, so it was worth it, but still, i'd like to see some changes back in the direction of legends 2 for the sequal (fingers crossed)