PDA

View Full Version : Iron Kingdoms Cryx question

Tychris1
2013-11-12, 10:20 PM
So i'm interested in the Privateer Press RPG "Iron Kingdom" thanks to my new found interest in the game Warmachine itself. However, before I get the book I want to make sure my favorite faction can actually be used. Is it possible to play a Cryx character? Are there rules for Cryx Warjacks or magic? Is it in a supplement? Planned supplement? Or am I fresh out of luck in the Necromantic department?

The Glyphstone
2013-11-12, 10:41 PM
You could definitely play a character from Cryx with the RPG rules - one of the Adventuring Company themes is 'Pirates and Privateers', mentioning Cryxian corsairs as potential members, and Pirate is a Career option. No specific rules for Necromantic spells in the core book, though, and the only career that starts with even a light civilian steamjack is the Field Mechanik - the core book doesn't differentiate between 'Jacks of different nations yet.

Tychris1
2013-11-12, 11:11 PM
Hmmm, that would be a decent proxy I suppose. What about the supplement "Kings, Nations, Gods"? No love for Cryx there either?:smallfrown:

Really though? There are no rules for the dozens of different jacks? Really? Are they classified by generic base figures or something? Like would a Slayer just be a heavy jack? Or a Bonejack be light?

The Glyphstone
2013-11-13, 12:57 AM
There are rules for specific jacks, but not faction-specific ones, and only a small selection. I'm only working from the core book, I don't own any of the supplements, but the Steamjack section has full statblocks for the Docker and Forager Steamjacks, and the Nomad Heavy and Talon Light Warjacks, plus a moderately comprehensive build-your-own-jack component system (which I guess you could use for custom-building a Helljack or Bonejack).

ShadowFighter15
2013-11-24, 08:50 AM
Cryx probably won't get the full treatment til the fourth hardcover, which I know is also covering Rhul and Ios, I'm only guessing since Cryx missed out on KNG - it's not actually one of the titular Iron Kingdoms - and it wouldn't fit in with the third one - that'll be all about Hordes and warbeasts.

KNG did cover just about every human-made, non-character warjack from the wargame, though. It also proved that the combat systems are so similar you could just use the wargame's statcard to bring a particular 'jack into the RPG.

Closest thing to necromancy so far is in No Quarter Presents: Urban Adventure with the Thamarite Advocate career, which can use souls to empower their magic and create undead thralls to fight for/with them.