PDA

View Full Version : Recalcitrent vs. Temotei

CrimzonDragon
2013-11-13, 04:24 AM
This will be the battlefield:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z123/TheChilliGod/Giantitp/Arena2i.gif

Any All day buff and 8 hour buff are allowed to be on the character at the start plus 3 buffing rounds before combat.

Temotei will start in the red circle

Recalcitrent will start in the blue circle

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 04:30 AM
Senses: See Invisibility, Darkvision 60'

Initiative Roll: [roll0]

Buffs:Spiderwalk, See the Unseen, Walk Unseen and Fell Flight are all day/8 hour+ buffs. I dun goofed :P I thought Walk Unseen had a minute per level duration, but its 24 hours. I also have Entropic Warding in place.

Starting position if you can see invisibility:

http://blog.roodo.com/pomin/fa912f0c.jpg

A female halfling stands in A-10, her blond hair cut very short, and you can see a silver circlet on her head. She wears comfortable traveling clothes, with a chain shirt over them, but a small necklace is still visible. On her back, a lute hangs from a leather strap, partially hidden by her dark black cloak. A small rapier is also at her side, and a pair of fine boots on her feet. Despite her orderly appearance, she seems to have an aura of hectic-ness around her, and her smile is not a comfortable looking one. Her head is tilted to the side, as if listening to something you can't hear.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 04:34 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Starting Position: Y10. Do I have line of sight?

Buff Rounds: Round 1: Drink antitoxin.
Round 2: Drink potion of blur.
Round 3: Activate scout's headband, expend all 3 charges.

Active Buffs: Stance: Unshakable Flap
Stance: Fluttering Wings
Antitoxin
Blur - 29 rounds remaining
True seeing - 10 rounds remaining

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 04:43 AM
You do have line of sight on me in 10-A if you can see invisible creatures.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 04:51 AM
I have true seeing.

You see an overall average-looking male raptoran with dark grey plumage in the distance wielding a pure black lance that seems to be constantly shrouded in clouds. It looks as if he's farther away than he is, a misty shroud surrounding him. He carries a spear on his back and several daggers on his belt. He rushes toward the post in R7-R8-S7-S8, taking cover behind it. You lose line of sight.

Actions: Move to T7 and drink potion of entropic shield.

Active Buffs: Stance: Unshakable Flap
Stance: Fluttering Wings
Antitoxin
Blur - 28 rounds remaining
True seeing - 9 rounds remaining
Entropic shield - 10 rounds remaining

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 05:00 AM
In the distance, you can hear a voice humming an intriguing tune.

Actions:The Conductor moves from A-10 to A-5. Once there, she readies an action to use her GodChord Blast when and if she sees her opponent.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 05:19 AM
The raptoran reveals himself once more, this time flying. He moves with surprising speed into M7, 25 feet off the ground. Line of sight/location?

Actions: Activate boots of speed as free action, move to M7.

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 05:25 AM
Upon revealing yourself around the pole, you can see the halfing in A-5, and she hums a frantic, almost sickening tune upon sighting you. Raising her hand, she snaps her fingers, and a ball of sound speeds towards you.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]

Sonic Damage: [roll1]

Fort Save DC 24 if I hit:You are nauseated for 2 rounds.

I used GodChord Blast with the Nauseated cadence.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 05:28 AM
Miss chances: [roll0] Low is hit.
[roll1] Low is hit.

I am hit.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 05:31 AM
Forgot Fort save: [roll0]

The sounds! They're so...dissonant and ugly! Like your mother.

Is that your turn?

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 05:34 AM
Sorry, yea, thats her only action =P

And I see how its gonna be, you snarky sumbitch

Temotei
2013-11-13, 05:49 AM
The raptoran flaps his wings and rapidly approaches you, and then spreads his wings, buffeting you with them and tearing skin as he moves past you into A3 on the ground. He then follows up with his lance by swiftly rising into the air and diving back onto you with crushing force. If you can cast spells or use invocations, the 2d6 damage at the bottom applies. If not, ignore it and lower the attack roll by 2.

[roll0]

Touch attack: [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Fortitude save DC 22: Sickened for 1 round.

Reflex save DC 18: Prone.

Actions: Free action activate boots of speed, move to A3 through opponent's square with raptor crush, initiate emerald razor, using Power Attack -2/+4. Activate cloudfall with Cloud Warrior. Autosuccess on Balance check.

Active Buffs: Stance: unshakable flap
Stance: fluttering wings
Antitoxin
Blur - 26 rounds remaining
True seeing - 7 rounds remaining
Entropic shield - 8 rounds remaining
Haste

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 06:09 AM
As you speedily approach, the halfling pulls her right eyelid down and sticks out her tongue at you. Just before you hit, she disappears, only to appear 10' to the south, in A-7.

"You think my music is dissonant? My dear feathered friend, it is obvious your little bird brain simply cannot understand the beauty of music. A pity. And ugly? Now you are just being needlessly cruel."

With that, she taps her heels together, and a faint glow appears around her feet. Again she snaps her fingers at you while humming a frantic tune, though it doesnt sound the same this time, and the ball of sound speeds towards you. Then, she raises about an inch of the ground and quickly darts from A-7 to G-14, and around the pole. You lose line of sight.

Sonic Damage: [roll1]

DC 24 Fort save if I hit: You are nauseated for 2 rounds.

I have used my GodChord Blast using the Nauseated Cadence, as well as my Boots of Haste. I have 10 rounds on the buff. Active buffs are Spiderwalk, See the Unseen, Fell Flight, Haste, and Entropic Warding.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 06:32 AM
Miss Chances: [roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: You miss.

Fort: [roll2]

If I'm not mistaken, I still have line of sight to G14 from A3. Misread.

If it's my turn (assuming success on Fort save):

With reason! The songs of my people were less annoying than this. I hate my people.

The raptoran quickly recovers from his miss and flies to A15. If he gains line of sight, he dives at you again, maneuvering almost in exactly the same way as last time, except this time, he leads with his lance after a slight upward turn followed by a downward thrust of his wings and then charges past you. His eyes bleed excitement.

Move from A3 to G15.

[roll3]

All nonlethal:
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Fortitude save DC 22: Stunned. If immune, dazed. 1 round.

Actions: Move to A15. Dive bomb the halfling! Swift action recover raptor crush.

On failure of my Fortitude save:

IRON HEART SUUUURRRRRRGGGE!

If the effect is extraordinary in nature, it ends. If it's a spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability, here's my initiator level check opposed by your caster level check. If it has no caster level, my check is opposed by your HD.

[roll9]

On success:

Continue with round as above.

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 06:56 AM
Deftly dodging your attack, the halfling giggles.

OoC: Ouch, dat natural 1.

"Oh great raptoran general! Gore and guts you shan't gain, this girl is too good! How do you like my poem? Maybe that is more your taste than my music."

With a dexterous roll backwards, she tumbles backwards away from you, down to M-18. (I auto-succeed the Tumble check to escape without AoO)

"I think you need to stay still and cool off for a bit, dont you think?"

With a gesture of her hands, a thick, freezing cold fog appears around you.

The fog is a 20' radius, and 20 feet high. Additionally, you take [roll0] points of cold damage, and can only move 5 feet.

I used my Chilling Fog invocation.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 07:10 AM
Nah. I like flying.

Tisili (the raptoran) seems unperturbed by the fog and, indeed, seems to ignore it, though his wings are covered in frost upon leaving. A quick shake cleans them up, though, and he jumps on you, batting you with his wings before flying quickly up and then down onto you.

Immune to slowing effects, can see through fog.

Damage: [roll0]

Fortitude save DC 22: Sickened for 1 round.
Reflex save DC 18: Prone.

Now in M20, Tisili viciously strikes with his lance, aiming through you instead of at you.

Touch attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Actions: Switch to eyes of prey stance as swift action. Raptor crush through halfling's square and into M20, then strike with emerald razor (which wasn't expended because the halfling moved to where it was impossible to use).

Active Buffs:
Stance: unshakable flap
Stance: eyes of prey
Fluttering wings - +30 feet
Antitoxin
Blur - 24 rounds remaining
True seeing - 5 rounds remaining
Entropic shield - 6 rounds remaining

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 07:28 AM
Again, before your blows have struck, the halfling disappears and reappears 10' north, in M-15, a mere inch or two above the ground. However, this time she is less jovial and more upset.

"My fiendishly flying fop, can't you feel that this fabulous female form holds no feelings for you? You are quite the relentless suitor, aren't you? Women can find stubbornness to be a turn-off you know!

Once again, she snaps her fingers at you, humming yet another furious tune, but this time seems different, as you can seem to hear snatches of songs as it travels. In the split second before it hits, you can see the halfling's eyes go out of focus, as if she was just hit hard over the head. However, she manages to retreat to N-1.

Sonic Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Force Damage: [roll3]

DC 24 Fort Save if I hit:You are nauseated for 2 rounds.

I used my Circlet of Perfect Pitch as well as my Mortalbane feat.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 07:31 AM
Miss Chance: [roll0]
[roll1]

Fort Save: [roll2]

Temotei
2013-11-13, 07:40 AM
Block: [roll0]

If result is higher than your attack roll, the attack misses as Tisili strikes forward with his lance to block the attack.

You hit, but Tisili resists whatever foul effect the noise tries to bring. I'm stupid. You miss. Low hits. I've said it before. It's 6:45 a.m. Why.

Fabulous is that fabulous attracts. Just can't help myself.

He rushes after you quickly, rising into the air as you strike him with your attack and diving toward you. He seems to never tire! :smallamused:

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Double all damage.

Actions: Immediate action wall of blades. Charge from above, switch to fluttering wings again.

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 04:35 PM
Once again, the halfling disappears, only to emerge in K-2. Her eyes still seem a bit unfocused, and her sentences make less sense than before.

"You nagging nihilistic nincompoop! Never needing noise! Ugh, my head is full of sound, and it doesnt feel good..."

Once there, she makes another tumbling dive backwards into J-8, again only inches above the ground. Standing at the shoreline of the small river, she makes a waving gesture, and she just seems to stand there, blowing raspberries at you. However, your true-sight tells you that this image is an illusion. You do not have line of sight on the real halfling anymore.

Actions:Tumble check I auto succeed, and then using Flee the Scene to dimension door 50 feet to the right, into T-8

Temotei
2013-11-13, 05:32 PM
A storm brews inside of you, little one. Not unlike the one in me.

Tisili seems empowered by your missed attack and his legs carry him at ridiculous speeds. He moves to S4. If he gains line of sight, continue actions. If not, he'll move to T8. If he gains line of sight, continue actions. If not, he'll move to T15. If he still doesn't have line of sight, he moves to Q19. Gaining line of sight along any of those paths stops him and he continues his actions from the stop. Line of sight?

Actions: Swift action recover dive bomb. Move in path described, free action boots of speed if no line of sight gained before or at T15.

Active Buffs: Stance: unshakable flap
Stance: fluttering wings
Fluttering wings - +60 feet
Antitoxin
Blur - 22 rounds remaining
True seeing - 3 rounds remaining
Entropic shield - 4 rounds remaining

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 05:36 PM
Depending on the exact squares you are moving through, when you reach T-4 or T-5, you gain line of sight on a very flustered halfling in T-8, clutching her head in pain.

OoC: Damn you. :smallyuk:

Temotei
2013-11-13, 05:45 PM
Tisili moves to T6 and pulls out a tube with a tiny, glowing bug inside, which he tosses at you violently.

Ranged touch attack: [roll0]

If hit, you're affected as if by faerie fire for 1 hour, but you must take a full-round action to wash it off (which also requires at least one gallon of water). It's also not magical.

Actions: Finish movement into T6 from T5, standard action throw torch bug paste 10 feet.

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 05:58 PM
The bug bottle hits the halfling.

With a groan, she says, "Dear, I have a headache, could we not do this?" as she takes a five foot step back into T-9. Once there, she blows air at you as if blowing out a candle. A fiery hot wind streams past you, as she then continues off towards S-9, and you lose line of sight.

Fire Damage: [roll0]

Fort Save DC 17:If you are on the ground, you cannot move towards T-9. If you are flying, you are blown back [roll1]x5 feet.

I used Scalding Gusts Invocation with the Mortalbane feat. I then moved to Q7, drawing my rapier.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 06:16 PM
I hit you! http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/44/1382975110-aaaa.jpg

Move down to T9, looking for the halfling. Move around pillar to Q9 if not spotted.

But we must! I have decreed.

Tisili flinches at the fire's approach, his wings catching a bit of the flames before flapping to put them out, but drives forward with his lance quickly several times and punctuates this barrage of pecks with one last strike, the black weapon seeming to roil as violent storm clouds as it flies at you. but leaps up into the air and strikes down at you upon approach.

Attacks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]

Half Damage: [roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]

Double Damage: [roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]

Trip attempt on final attack: [roll28]

Actions: Five-foot step into T7. Free action activate boots of speed. Initiate drill peck with trip as the selected combat maneuver for the final strike.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 06:19 PM
Forgot Fort save: [roll0]

Crit confirmation for attack #3: [roll1]

Crit damage: [roll2]
[roll3]

Still half damage. Just add up the three.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 06:29 PM
So I missed that bit. Guess I don't get a full attack.

Actual action after movement and description above:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Fort save DC 23: Stunned for 1 round. If immune, dazed for 1 round instead.

Tisili seems to become cloud substance for a moment as he strikes at you, passing through you and into Q5.

Actions: Move into Q9, gain line of sight, free action activate boots of speed, dive bomb the halfling as standard action. Swift action recover raptor crush.

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 06:35 PM
With a scream of pain, your lance tears into the small halfing's body, and she seems barely able to stand. Even though the wound was vicious, it shouldn't have had this much of an effect.

Fort Save: [roll0]

Already seemingly unfocused, the halfling now seems to have lost complete touch with the world, at least for the moment, as her rapier slips from her nerveless fingers.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 06:44 PM
Now comes the full sequence. Refer to the stricken post above.

Attacks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]

Half Damage: [roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]

Double Damage: [roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]

Trip attempt on last attack: [roll28]

Actions: Simple. Drill peck.

Temotei
2013-11-13, 06:45 PM
Crit confirmation for attack 2: [roll0]

Crit damage (still half, add up three values): [roll1]
[roll2]

Recalcitrent
2013-11-13, 06:54 PM
Suffice to say, you absolutely butcher the poor halfling. Good fight! I enjoyed it.