PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Buffing a sorcerer with an oracle

Spore
2013-11-13, 09:07 AM
Hi playground,

we are playing a 9th level group were I will soon replace my rogue with an oracle. Thus my spell selection is limited. I have spells for the barbarian and the fighter but I really want to have at least one spell with which I can buff our sorcerer. He is controller with a bit of blasts splattered on it.

Reason behind that isn't that I won't love to buff our mundanes but really I don't want the guy to feel left out. So far I got Prayer for his scorching rays to hit better, Bless and some nasty debuffs (on saves) for his targets. He has a belt of Dex +2 and Cha +2 Headband, so buffing stats is largely ineffective.

I can protect him well from dangers (sanctuary while buffing and summoning, resist energy for blasts) but I want to improve his ability to control, blast (or possibly heal with imbue spell ability?). What would be the spell or spells of choice. Please refrain from using up half my spell slots of every level.

Psyren
2013-11-13, 12:28 PM
Do you guys already have enhancing gear? Eagles' Splendor will buff both of you if not.

The one buff that everyone will love from you is Blessing of Fervor.

Zubrowka74
2013-11-13, 12:32 PM
You can spam Guidance to boost his touch/ranged touch attacks but at 9th level this is suboptimal.

Ironbeard (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/ironbeard) if he runs out of spells and wants to melee ?

And Sanctuary would let him walk right in melee unharmed, if you can boost the save DC.

Protection from X spells, and eventually Magic Circle will protect you both.

Spore
2013-11-13, 01:44 PM
The player is a simple guy with a huge fondness for silly things and roleplaying. The combat options for him must not be excellent, if they are amusing. He enjoys Confusion, Laughing Touch and buffing to speed up the game as well as playing around with his new spell Summon Monster IV.

I refrain from trainng Blessing of Fervor because the spell is too powerful. I might add it in later, but until then the Sorc has haste. I could talk him into picking up Slow again because he didn't seem happy being the buff monkey.