PDA

View Full Version : To specialize or not to specialize (Melee, Tripping vs. Charging Vs. Balance)?

genericwit
2013-11-13, 12:20 PM
So I'm basically wondering whether I'm spreading myself too thin by trying to cover charging and tripping. I'm able to cover most of the essentials by level 12 in both regards due to flaws, a fighter dip, and one of the warblade feats (power attack, improved bullrush, shock trooper, and leap attack for charging and combat expertise, improved trip, combat reflexes, knockdown and robilar's gambit for tripping). I'd like to have a little flexibility, but would I be more effective by specializing in either Tripping or Charging? Also, this doesn't really leave me a lot of open feats in other regards.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-13, 12:46 PM
It sounds like you're going mainly Warblade, yes? If that's the case, you should be fine-- your maneuvers will do plenty to keep you going when tripping and charging aren't the answers.

Sith_Happens
2013-11-13, 01:05 PM
Anything beyond Leap Attack and Shock Trooper is overkill on a Pouncing Charge, and there's not much left feat-wise to improve your tripping capability either. I'd say start diversifying.