PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Up For Mutants And Masterminds World-Building?

Volcan
2013-11-13, 06:40 PM
These are potential M&M settings anyone wanna help me with them
(they aren't all superhero settings since the m&m system can cover almost anything)

Heros of the Deathly Gates
a superhero four-color setting with aliens, magic etc.

ORCS
a setting with mutants called ORCS who have green skin big teeth and other fantasy orc characteristics

A steampunk setting without a name
jut what it sound like (i haven't named it yet)

Intergalactic Ruins
an Apacolyptic setting set in the future where u hop around the galaxy (or on a single planet)trying to survive without food or water or maybe without a ship

The Laws of Physics
a world where the laws of physics are only laws enforced by the government. And it is as easy to brake them as it is to brake our laws

Lie, Cheat and Steal
a land of curruption where u are crime lords and gang members/leaders where u brake the laws in many different ways.

Jlerpy
2013-11-13, 08:34 PM
I feel like all of these are awfully vague, except maybe the Laws of Physics. I'd suggest either splitting this into a different thread for each, or narrowing this thread to work on one thing.

In Intergalactic Ruins, do you actually mean Space Age? That makes me think of spacefaring version of Fallout, by way of a gritty Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space.

Volcan
2013-11-13, 08:41 PM
Huuhn I don't understand

Anyway I said they were potential besides whatever people wanna make is wat this thread will be about

Jlerpy
2013-11-13, 08:51 PM
The Space Age is 1957 onwards. I usually think of it pretty much closing at the time of the Challenger disaster, but (according to Wikipedia, at least) supposedly, it's still ongoing.

Volcan
2013-11-13, 09:18 PM
Ok sorry I meant like the future like Star Wars essentially.

Alexkubel
2013-11-14, 05:35 PM
It is hardest to spot your own failings (I know this from experience) but there is potential for each of them, to me the Ruins sounds the best though, I also do agree spaceage isn't much use, futuristic is probably a better term for what you want.

if we do that technological level will need to be delt with

Volcan
2013-11-14, 05:45 PM
okay okay ill edit it

_Brone_
2013-11-14, 05:58 PM
i sort of like the steampunk idea i dont know some thing about the player hopping around on air ships sounds very fun

Volcan
2013-11-14, 06:02 PM
yes it does it sounds very fun

_Brone_
2013-11-14, 06:21 PM
although i think that you would not be a soooooooper heeerrroooo in it more like a................ (_Brone_ has no idea)

Volcan
2013-11-14, 06:31 PM
aha but did i ever say u were a superhero...
NO!

_Brone_
2013-11-14, 06:48 PM
no you didnt i was saying this was one of those times

Jlerpy
2013-11-14, 07:00 PM
Well, then Intergalactic Ruins makes me think a bit of Stars without number; the premise there is that humanity used to have a psi-facilitated galactic-spanning empire, but then there was a mysterious devastation to the psychics, so now they're much rarer and lots of tech was lost.
In that, it's been centuries since "the Scream", but if you wanted more of an "everything is still screwed" feel, you could easily set it sooner after something like that.

Volcan
2013-11-14, 07:04 PM
im not familiar with that?

Jlerpy
2013-11-14, 07:09 PM
im not familiar with that?

Stars Without Number (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/86467/Stars-Without-Number-Free-Edition)
It's an OSR kind of system (random attributes! Low Armor Class is good!), which I can personally do without. The Faction interaction rules are pretty cool though, I quite like them.

But the real question is, with any setting: What are the PCs going to be doing here?

Volcan
2013-11-14, 07:14 PM
depends on the gm. in InterGalactic ruins it would be trying to stay alive

Jlerpy
2013-11-14, 07:36 PM
depends on the gm. in InterGalactic ruins it would be trying to stay alive

But what will you be doing to try to stay alive? Cruising from planet to planet, trying to arrange trade deals to keep your people fed and safe? Delving into the old space stations of the ancients, looking for abandoned pre-collapse tech to sell? Organising your band of survivors to eke out your little lives in the remains of what was once a glittering high-tech city, while you now use a discarded robot arm as a hoe to till the soil?
Those are all very different games.

Volcan
2013-11-14, 07:49 PM
probaobly the closest to #3 but u might not have a ship

Volcan
2013-11-24, 06:42 PM
a futuristic metropolis but all the technology is broken/unusable and u must survive against an alien invasion sound fun

_Brone_
2013-11-26, 01:31 PM
but what about the alien tec would the player be able to get stuff like that?

Volcan
2013-11-29, 04:49 PM
umm maybe but they wouldnt know how to use it