PDA

View Full Version : Assistance Required With: Ranged Touch Attacks and Undead Type

Pinkcrusade
2013-11-13, 09:37 PM
Hello, everybody.

So, first off: I have an undead character, and being undead specifically states you can not become exhausted, have no need for sleep, et cetera. So, if I am a sorcerer, how do my daily spell limits get refreshed? They don't read books like wizards, and they (due to undeath) don't sleep. Would they just 'relax'?

Also, for a ranged spell touch attack (example: Ray of Enfeeblement) would the calculation for the 'attack' be: 1d20 + BAB + Dex (???) + any modifiers? I am unsure of this one.

Thanks.

Demidos
2013-11-13, 09:41 PM
Relax.

Correct.

Yup. Pretty much.

Pinkcrusade
2013-11-13, 09:50 PM
Thanks a lot.

A quick question pertaining to the touch attack: if this is a spell (Ray of Enfeeblement again, for an example) how would dexterity come into play? I understand the BAB and spell modifiers and such, but it is a spell, not a weapon attack.

TuggyNE
2013-11-13, 10:30 PM
Thanks a lot.

A quick question pertaining to the touch attack: if this is a spell (Ray of Enfeeblement again, for an example) how would dexterity come into play? I understand the BAB and spell modifiers and such, but it is a spell, not a weapon attack.

Touch attack spells work a lot like weapons. So, like any other ranged attack, you use BAB, Dexterity, and any other modifiers (Weapon Focus: Ranged Touch Attack, haste, Point Blank Shot, size, etc) that apply.

For spells that do damage (HP or ability), they're so similar they're called "weaponlike spells", since they can score critical hits for extra damage, qualify for sneak attack or skirmish or sudden strike, and just about everything else a weapon can, except things that require a lasting physical weapon. Ray of enfeeblement can't quite reach that, but it's still close.