PDA

View Full Version : Calling the Lords of Optimization. The most theoretical of cheezez.

LordConcrete
2013-11-14, 01:24 AM
How does one break the game at level 5 with 35,000 gp. And an artifact. The game is gestalt. Every book's wide-open.

I thought about going infinite symbiote wizards with leadership. But, I don't know. Maybe Symbiote Changelings with Assume Supernatural Ability and Consume Identity?

Psyren
2013-11-14, 01:27 AM
Can you be a bit more specific? Artifacts can literally do anything.

Also, you can break the game with less than a quarter of that amount. At level one. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#candleofInvocation)

LordConcrete
2013-11-14, 01:32 AM
Righto, Candle of Invocation is great. Definitely on my wish list.
I think that we have to use already written up artifacts.
Is there a comprehensive list of Artifacts or some that are just plain ridiculous? Aren't artifacts just epic magic items?
Sorry, I'm not really up to speed on these stuffz.

Oh, Pun-Pun seems like a good idea.
Probably just
Vecna-Blooded Kobold Paladin 1/ Yolo 3
I would need to optimize initiative so I can pop my candle first. Or

Silva Stormrage
2013-11-14, 01:39 AM
What exactly is this for? An arena build?

Psyren
2013-11-14, 01:42 AM
Er, Pun-Pun isn't intended for actual games. I mean, best case scenario, your DM closes the book and says "congratulations, you won D&D" and you all go watch tv or something.

The difference between artifacts and epic magic items is that only deities can create the former. I'm unaware of any master lists in 3.5 since Crystalkeep was taken down.

LordConcrete
2013-11-14, 01:50 AM
I'll be honest. [Edit: Not implying I was being dishonest before].
The DM has specifically mentioned Pun-Pun as allowed. And this is kind-of an arena build. The players are supposed to be antagonistic with each other. If the game devolves into PvP, I'd like to come out on top.

Silva Stormrage
2013-11-14, 02:10 AM
Um... if pun pun is allowed there is no option to go EXCEPT to go pun pun. Pun pun is literally the strongest character in the game as he has every power. I am not sure how this can be a game at this point.

LordConcrete
2013-11-14, 02:17 AM
I'm thinking that this "game" will be more of a thought-experiment for the DM.

Captnq
2013-11-14, 02:21 AM
Why?

What's the point?

Here. Try this:

I want to play a child pixie who rides around on a baby unicorn. I have a familiar who is a kitten named Wheeler, except the kitten has faerie wings. The kitten has allergies so he sneezes periodically. He tumbles about when he sneezes in the air. I have a permanent illusion of tiny hearts that bubble up from me constantly. When I get sad, a little storm cloud forms and rains on me, the kitten, and the unicorn. We have very BIG eyes.

Go ahead. Kill me. I have no defenses, besides you being known as a unicorn murdering, kitten slaughtering, pixie child-killer for the rest of your life.

That's my artifact BTW, it's a curse upon anyone who hurts me that everyone who meets you will instantly know what you did.

See? Now THAT's a creative solution.

lsfreak
2013-11-14, 02:21 AM
Um... if pun pun is allowed there is no option to go EXCEPT to go pun pun. Pun pun is literally the strongest character in the game as he has every power. I am not sure how this can be a game at this point.

Yea, at that point it's just a matter of the first person to shout out that they become Pun-Pun. Then it's game over. It's like that annoying childhood friend who when you're describing what happens in an imaginary game, always goes nuh-uh! and gives a lame reason why it happens how they wanted it instead. Except it's rules-sanctioned :smallmad:

eggynack
2013-11-14, 02:27 AM
I'm thinking that this "game" will be more of a thought-experiment for the DM.
With pun-pun, it's not really a thought experiment. Pun-pun just wins. He has a class ability that reads, "I win: Yes, even then," because you can make him have that ability. This sort of thought experiment has already been brought to its logical conclusion, and it's not a result that's particularly fun to play out. If your DM wants a thought experiment, he should probably impose some serious restrictions. That's where you find the really interesting stuff.

ImaDeadMan
2013-11-14, 02:55 AM
What the others are saying is right. If Pun-pun is allowed then it's just an auto-win to whoever says it first. There is no thought experimentation on your DM's part there. Even Captnq with his child pixie build above wouldn't matter to someone who plays pun pun because he can alter reality to make that pixie child to be an ugly goblin and then remove the curse when he kills him or simply alter the minds of everyone in existence. You could play a character the gets an item or artifact that allows him to get Iron Heart Surge so that he can destroy gravity or sunlight because they are affecting you and Pun-pun could just say "No." Convince your DM to remove Pun-pun as an option. In the mean time I think plenty of people will come up with some very cheesey fondue for you.