PDA

View Full Version : Meeting

Raunchel
2013-11-14, 10:23 AM
Margaret Webster-Jones has literally just arrived, she hasn't even seen the house that was arranged for her yet. Her basic luggage is in the back of the car, the rest will be delivered later. She left in quite a hurry after she was told that she was going to serve in the field, as watcher for a real slayer. She quickly packed some things, and took the first plane. She is a little tired from the journey, she couldn't sleep all that well due to the excitement, and the loudly snoring man seated next to her wasn't doing her much good either.

She steps outof the car, which is completely wrong, what sort of idiot puts the steering wheel on the left side? She almost had an accident because of it. And she can't take any more delays. It is shockingly warm, but she perseveres and looks at her notebook, it is the correct address. She walks towards the house and rings the bell, waiting for it to open.

Yawielas
2013-11-14, 10:48 AM
Loud, blaring music is heard from within, then it's turned down a bit and a girl's voice shouts: "Just a sec!" A few moments later, the lock is being turned, and the door opens. A girl of 16, with long, dark blonde hair, dressed in jeans and a white singlet, stands in the doorway with a questioning look at the woman outside. "May I help you?"

Raunchel
2013-11-14, 10:53 AM
Is this it then? Well, it could be worse. "Miss Skye Morgan, I presume? I am Margaret Webster-Jones, and would like to have a word with you about matters of the utmost importance."

Yawielas
2013-11-14, 11:01 AM
Skye raises an eyebrow. Great….Jehova's Witness... Ahm…..I'm not really religious…And this isn't the best time, I'm cooking. But, you know….have a nice day and all." She steps back, starting to close the door.

Raunchel
2013-11-14, 11:05 AM
Webster-Jones puts her foot between the door: "This has nothing to do with religion, I've been travelling thousands of miles to see you. Have you maybe noticed that you have become stronger, faster, more athletic recently?"

Yawielas
2013-11-14, 11:09 AM
Skye's eyes widens. "So it is steroids! I knew it! Ms. Sparks always seemed so eager to win, you know? But I promise, I had nothing to do with it! Are you FBI? CIA? No, not with that accent…Interpol? Scotland Yard? How big is this thing, anyways? It was just a local school championship."

Raunchel
2013-11-14, 11:12 AM
"I can assure you that I do not find employment with any of those organizations, I work for the Watcher Council of Britain. But I would rather discuss these matters in another environment, some matters require a degree of secrecy."

Yawielas
2013-11-14, 11:18 AM
Skye frowns. "I don't know….My dad's not home. Am I in some kind of trouble? Is this stuff dangerous?"

Raunchel
2013-11-14, 03:12 PM
Dangerous? Yes, I suppose that it is. But it would be better to discuss this indoors, and don't worry I'm here to help you.

Yawielas
2013-11-14, 03:18 PM
Skye steps aside to let Margaret in. She looks worried. "I'm not gonna grow a beard or anything, am I?" She leads the way into the living room, and picks some clothes off a chair, tossing them into a pile next to the sofa. "Laundry day…." she says, apologetically. "Have a seat. Can I get you a water, a soda?" Looking at the woman's outfit again, she adds:"Tea?"

Raunchel
2013-11-14, 03:31 PM
Margaret follows Skye looking at her surroundings, she is shocked but hides it, stiff upper lip and all that. "Thank you, I would have a cup of tea please. You probably won't grow a beard, although the strangest things have happened over the centuries, but I digress. No, as far as I know you haven't been fed any kind of poison or drug, but you never know with all the sugar in people's diet these days. Please, sit down, what I intend to tell you might come as a bit of a shock, it usually is."

Yawielas
2013-11-14, 03:44 PM
Skye stands a moment undecided on whether to go make some tea or sit down. Then she holds up her index finger, as if saying "just a moment", and heads into the kitchen to turn on the water boiler and ransack the shelves for any tea. After a couple of minutes, she returns to the living room with a mug of steaming water, with a spoon, and a bag of Earl Grey in it. In her other hand is a bowl of sugar. She places it in front of Margaret, and sits down on the armrest of the sofa, looking at the strange woman nervously.

Raunchel
2013-11-14, 04:09 PM
While Skye is away Margaret looks into her notebook, where she has written the little she knows about the slayer, lives with her father, in Sunnydale, and things like her birthday. When the girl returns Margaret places the teabag into the cup and starts to speak: "Well, you are what is generally called the Slayer. I know that this will sound ridiculous to you, but it is the truth. Mystical forces have chosen you to fight against the forces of darkness. To this end you have been given special abilities, like enhanced strength and agility. I was sent by the watcher council to help you with this. I have been trained since I was a little girl. It might seem strange, but you must have noticed your far greater abilities."

Yawielas
2013-11-14, 04:40 PM
Skye just looks at her for several seconds, quite stunned. Then she glances towards the door, and the phone, before clearing her throat. "Yeah……..Mystical forces….Forces of darkness….How exactly did you get my name?"

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 03:04 AM
Margaret is a little surprised by the question, all her preparation was for when she became an actual watcher, not for convincing a girl that she in fact is the slayer. "The council has its means to detect activated slayers, and sometimes even potential slayers. But this knowledge is restricted because if these means would become known our enemies could use them to track them down before we can contact them. But it seems to me that you don't believe me. I can understand that, it all might sound a little crazy. But let me ask you a little question, did you experience strange dreams over the last two weeks and five days? And did you find yourself more physically fit than you were previously? And if this isn't enough, I would ask you to try to lift this chair that I'm sitting on, with me on it. You will have to agree that a normal girl with your physique would be incapable of that, but if I am correct, you will easily do it."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 03:35 AM
Skye shakes her head a little. "How'd you know about the dreams? And what's a slayer? It sounds like something out of a horror movie. I'm not gonna kill anyone, if that's what you think. Is this some sort of government assassin recruitment? Yes, I'm stronger and all that, but how do I know you haven't been feeding me steroids?" She stands abruptly, and walks over to Margaret's chair. "This is ridiculous..." She grabs hold under the armrests, and lifts the chair. When she finds she's actually holding the chair and the woman at chest' height, she drops the chair in surprise and puts her hands over her mouth. "Holy sh*t! Sorry!"

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 03:42 AM
Margaret almost falls from the chair when it hits the ground, but she manages to stay seated: "I don't expect you to kill any human beings, that's not the task of a slayer, no, you are supposed to destroy vampires, demons and the like.", she takes a sip from the tea before continuing. "I hope that you believe me now. This will be a major change in your life, but I'll be there for you, to help you develop your skills and to guide you on your path."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 04:35 AM
Skye stands on the floor, arms hanging down by her sides, her mind racing. "This...is some kind of elaborate joke. Vampires and demons? You're kidding me...And even if they were real...How am I supposed to fight creatures like that? I'm a freshman! I'm 16 years old! You should be asking the military, or the navy seals or something...Excuse me for a moment..." She heads quickly up to her bedroom, taking the stairs three steps at the time. She closes the door behind her and leans against it, breathing heavily. This was crazy. A crazy woman was sitting in her living room. And she might be crazy herself...Cause she half believed her.

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 04:44 AM
Margaret calmly drinks her tea while Skye is away, going after her would just be impolite, and even a little dangerous. She writes in her notebook: "Girl seems upset at information, flees upstairs. Claims it is joke, need to provide further evidence. Otherwise, lost cause."

She feels a little sorry for the girl, if she doesn't believe that she's the Slayer she will not last long, it has happened before, and they always die within a month. And if she accepts, well, then she might last a little longer, but it will be a brutal life. At least she can provide her with some basic comforts for as long as the girl survives.

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 05:35 AM
Skye walks over to her bed and sits down, trying to calm herself. If she just stayed up here, perhaps miss Marple would leave. Her gaze sweeps her room, the only sweeping it had had in a couple of weeks, although the room itself is quite tidy. Looking to the full length mirror on the cupboard door, she stands and walks over to it, studying herself for a long time. No bull neck. No sign of pimples or extra hair growing anywhere. No enlarged muscles. She flexes her biceps, then shrugs. Normal. She looks down, and spots the skateboard propped up next to her closet. A birthday present from a few years back. She'd only used it a few times before she had an accident and broke her arm. She picks it up, holding one end in each hand, and breaks it down the middle like it was made of card board. Eyes widening, she turns to the chair in front of her desk, one of those svivelling office chair, and grabs the back of it, pulling it off. Gasping, she slams her fist into the wall, punching a hole in it. She stands staring at the hole for a full minute, before slowly leaving the room and heading back downstairs. She looks at Ms. Webster-Jones. "Talk to me..."

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 05:44 AM
Webster-Jones is relieved when she sees Skye return. She did hear someting upstairs, and feared that the girl was breaking outof the house. "For thousands of years there has always been a Slayer, an otherwise normal girl who is given tremendous powers. The goal and duty of the slayer is to fight evil, not normal human evil, but supernatural evil like demons and vampires as I mentioned before. You have been chosen for this task after the death of your predecessor, which is why I know when exactly you gained your powers. You might be inclined to refuse this calling, and you are free to do so, but unfortunately many of our enemies see killing a slayer as a great feat, to impress others of their kind. They will be coming for you, whether you like it or not. I am here to train you, you have great abilities, but to fully use them they must be honed."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 06:27 AM
Skye sits down on the sofa, pulling her feet up and hugging her knees to her chest, whispering:"To take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them...". She is quiet for a while, then asks:"How did she die? How....how old?" She looks pale, but in control, belying the turmoil inside.

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 06:37 AM
"She was fourteen, I was told that she, well, this might sound a slight bit disheartening, but she dies because a demon ate her brain. She survived being a slayer for eight months."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 06:43 AM
She gives an involuntary, nervous little laugh, then turns dead serious. "Her brain...And just who the hell decided it was my turn?! I like my brain where it is!" She feels herself getting riled up at the overwhelming sense of unfairness. "And just how are you gonna prepare me, train me, to fight braineating demons?!"

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 07:23 AM
"No one decided that you would be the next slayer, there is a mystical force which we, unfortunately, cannot predict that does the choosing. And your brain probably won't be eaten, most slayers die from other causes. And the demon that did that died soon afterwards, the girl's watcher used the distraction to destroy it. I am going to train you to use the weapons that work best against the myriad enemies that you will face. Most of them will arrive in a couple of days, but I already have a few in my car. Airport security tends to frown upon trying to transport large quantities for some reason."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 07:41 AM
Skye looks out the window. When would they be coming for her? If this tall tale was even true...Turning back to Ms. Webster-Jones, she says:"And you're a Watcher...watching the slayers die, so that you know when to come knocking on some new unsuspecting girl's door."

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 07:56 AM
"Being a Watcher means many things, but despite the rather passive name a Watcher is expected to accompany and assist the slayer. Many have died doing their duty. We attempt to identify potential slayers before they are called, to prepare them for their possible calling. But unfortunately we can't find them all, which leads to situations like this."

Webster-Jones looks at Skye wile saying this, and when she mentions the dying watchers there is a hint of sadness in her voice.

"We all die eventually, but what matters is what we did with our lifes. One can simply look aside, using knowledge and power for selfish reasons, but there are bigger things than our own lifes. Humanity needs protection from the things that lurk in the darkness. They won't stop unless they are stopped. Their numbers grow constantly, unless someone cuts them down, someone with special power. And yes, it is lonely, but I will be there for you, and if necessary I will die to save you, you are the chosen one, and only you can save all these people. So ask yourself this, will you hide, choosing yourself, or will you fight, and save countless lifes?"

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 08:43 AM
Skye listens intently, and is about to answer, when the smell of something burning wafts from the kitchen. "Damn, dad's dinner! I told you I was cooking!" She bolts from the couch and darts into the kitchen, too late to save the broccoli pie in the oven. She opens the window wide, and waves a kitchen towel to clear the smoke out before the smoke detector starts to chime. She turns the stove off, and sets the charcoaled dish in the sink. Sighing, she heads back into the living room. "Look...This is a lot to take in. I don't even know which one of us is crazy right now. I need to think about this."

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 09:43 AM
"I wish that things were differently, but we both are sane. But I understand that all this is a bit difficult to grasp right now. I propose that we meet again soon, how about tonight at eleven? I'll come to pick you up then."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 10:55 AM
"Pick me up? Where are we going? I have a curfew on school nights…" Skye looks at her watch. "Dad'll be home in a few minutes, but he's usually fast asleep on the couch around 10.30. I guess….I guess I can make it."

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 11:14 AM
"Good, I bought a house here, we can safely talk there. I'll be waiting outside.", Webster-Jones says as she stands up.

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 11:26 AM
"Allright…." Skye replies, with a doubtful look on her face. She was still not convinced this was a good idea. But the dreams….in her dreams she was fighting. Always fighting. Monsters and evil, things with sharp teeth and claws and glowing red eyes. She fought and she died, she fought and she killed. Taking a deep breath, she walks ms. Webster-Jones to the door.

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 11:52 AM
Webster-Jones takes Skye's hand and says: "I will be there for you, whatever happens. It wioo be difficult, for both of us, but we wil manage it together." Then she leaves, walking towards her car, thinking.

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 11:56 AM
Skye wanders into the kitchen after closing the door, to see if there's any hope for the dinner, but it's a lost cause. She plops down on a kitchen chair, just staring vacantly out the window. Craziness...

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 12:01 PM
At exactly eleven o'clock Webster-Jones parks her car in front of the house. She hopes that Skye will come, otherwise more distasteful methods will become necessary. She starts to wait, she has a terrible jet lag and feels very tired. She yawns.

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 01:17 PM
Skye slips quietly out the front door, and closes it carefully behind her. She stands on the front porch, slowly exhaling. Feeling like a right fool, she looks to the street, and spots the car. This was probably the worst idea ever…but she needed to know what those dreams meant. Without further ado, she walks over to the car and gets in.

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 03:14 PM
Webster-Jones smiles at Skye, she is relieved that she came. She starts tye car and says: "It's good that you came, and please forgive my tiredness, I haven't slept for more than a day, there are so many things to do. Butci assume that you don't particularly care about that. You will want to know what your life will be like from now on, don't you? "

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 03:23 PM
"Pretty much…" Skye answers, and crosses her arms over her chest. "So, where's this house of yours?" She is dressed in a batique T-shirt under a brown leather jacket, dark pants and sneakers.

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 03:31 PM
"I believe that it's called Wilkins Street, there will be enough space there for the two of us. You'll live with me from now on, you can return to your old house to pick up some personal items. I will provide everything you need. We will be travelling of course, but from what I've read the will be plenty of things to clean up here."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 03:37 PM
Skye turns to ms. Webster-Jones incredulously. "Say what?!! No way, I'm not leaving my dad! You can forget about that! I'm staying at my house! I've got school and everything, I can't just drop everything in my life cause some mystical force decides to mess with me!"

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 03:45 PM
"But that is how things have always been, your calling is more important than such minor matters. ", she almost says that school is useless to her now, chances are that this girl will never even graduate. "and you won't need such things. You will not have to work or the like, I have sufficient resources. And your father will be in danger of you stay with him. They will try to harm him to harm you."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 03:51 PM
"Then he will be in more danger if I'm not there to protect him! I don't care what your traditions say, this is my life we're talking about, and if it's gonna be as short as you make it out to be, I damn well am gonna be in charge of it! You can just drop me off here, I'm going home!" She grabs the door handle of the car door, ready to get out as soon as the car slows down.

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 04:42 PM
Webster-Jones sighs, why didn't she ever read anything about such things? Why did no one write them? She just cannot lose the girl. Not just because it would ruin her standing with the council, but for some reason she finds herself caring for Skye. "Very well then, you don't want to leave your home and school, but I do hope that you are willing to cooperate, and to be trained. But keep in mind that this has to bev kept secret, we don't want anyone tracing you down."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 04:55 PM
"What about my father? Can he know? Or….he'd freak out….Fine. I'll train. But I'm not leaving my dad." Skye looks quite determined.

Raunchel
2013-11-15, 05:00 PM
"Excellent. We can start as soon as we get there, but I believe that I'm a bit lost."

Yawielas
2013-11-15, 05:16 PM
Skye points left. "Wilkins' street is up that way, two blocks. I can't stay very long, though, if dad finds out I slipped out, I'm so grounded."

Raunchel
2013-11-16, 10:53 AM
"Thank you", Webster-Jones stops in front of her house. She steps out of the car and heads towards the front door, expecting Skye to follow. The sign saying that the house is for sale has been removed, but it is clear that it hasn't been inhabited for years. The windows are dirty and there is the smell that all empty houses always get.

"I haven't yet had the time to purchase any furniture, or to find someone to clean it all, so please forgive the mess.", inside the house there only is a layer of dust, an old table and several bags. The old lightbulbs still work, although the one in this room has the unpleasant tendency to blink occasionally. On the table there is a row of weapons, varrying from a shiny axe to several sharpened wooden sticks.

http://hookedonhouses.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/American-Horror-Story-house-in-LA-Westchester-Pl.jpg

Yawielas
2013-11-16, 10:57 AM
"Nice place," Skye comments as she walks up behind her. Seeing the weapons on the table, she sincerely hopes the woman is not a serial killer. "wow.."

Yawielas
2013-11-17, 02:42 PM
Skye walks slowly along the table, looking at each weapon, before turning to ms. Webster-Jones. "So, do you have like a weapons training facility, or a gym, or anything like that? I mean…I haven't got much experience with these kinds of ancient weapons. I've shot a bow before, and played around with sticks and wooden swords with my brother, but this looks like it belongs in medieval times."

Raunchel
2013-11-17, 03:43 PM
"I am going to have something constructed, but for now well just be using some empty rooms."

She picks up a stakeThis will be your most important weapon, a hardened wooden stake. The easiest way to kill a vampire is to stab it through the heart with one of these. You should always keep one on your person. The are other ways to kill them, but it is a bit harder to set them on fire, get them into sunlight or to sever the head from the body."

She hands it to Skye. "Before you can put it through the heart you have to know where the heart is. So, place the tip of the stake on my body in such a way that it would pierce my heart if you were to stab me."

Yawielas
2013-11-17, 03:59 PM
Skye purses her lips, and grabs a stake from the table, hefting it in her hand to find the best way to hold it, before placing the tip of it a little to the left on ms. Webster-Jones' chest, approximately between her breasts. "Here? Except the ribs might get in the way…"

Raunchel
2013-11-17, 04:09 PM
"Excellent! At least you learn something at these schools. And the ribs won't be much of a problem, for some reason vampire flesh is easily pierced by sharpened wood. And you are in fact strong enough to drive that thing right through me. So, now I want you to take that piece of foam and to hit me over the heart with it while I try to evade. Most enemies won't show the courtesy to stand still when you strike."

She indicates a cylindrical piece of bright yellow foam and takes a position. She will try to dodge Skye to the best of her ability.

Yawielas
2013-11-17, 04:18 PM
Skye places the stake back on the table, and picks up the foam, feeling a little stupid. She thinks of her self defence classes, and tries to hit ms. WJ in the chest with the tip of it.

Raunchel
2013-11-17, 04:35 PM
Skye is fast, faster than anyone Webster-Jones had ever sparred with. And she is good, it is hard to dodge her. She manages the first few lunges but then one hits het, rightin the chest. The blow pushes the air from her lung and she falls. She rolls with the fall as she was trainedto do, bbutiy does hurt. "Put your whole body into it, not just your arms. And I think that I should get some armour, these things aren't supposed to hurt at all. So, try it again."

Yawielas
2013-11-17, 05:27 PM
Skye drops the foam when she sees ms. W-J is hurting. "Oh, sorry! Are you allright?" She takes a few steps back and looks at her watch. "It's nearly 11.30…School starts tomorrow…I should get to bed."

Raunchel
2013-11-18, 05:16 AM
"I'm fine, it's just that you are a bit stronger than the other people I sparred with in the past. But there is absolutely nothing to worry about."

When Skye says that she should go Webster-Jones looks at her own watch. "Yes, it is. We should get you home then. When anyone comes there, don't invite them inside, vampires have to be invited in order to enter, and you don't want them sneaking up on you in your sleep."

She picks up one of the stakes from the table. "Always have this with you, you never know what you encounter." She hands it to Skye and leads the way outside, carefully checking if there is anyone there.

Yawielas
2013-11-18, 05:47 AM
Skye takes the stake, still feeling a little stupid as she's buying into all this weirdness. To avoid further conflict, she nods. "Allright...no inviting people in. Check. Anything else I should know about how to tell the baddies from the goodies?"

Raunchel
2013-11-18, 06:37 AM
"Well, vampires are repulsed by garlic, but many people also are repulsed by the smell. They also don't cast a reflection, which is something you should look out for. Demons are more difficult, there are many different kinds, but most can be recognized by their hideousness. Just be careful and don't trust anyone. Even your best friends can be turned. Tomorrow night we will start with the real work, you still have your doubts but I assure you that they will be gone then."

Yawielas
2013-11-18, 06:49 AM
"Heh, my dad's repulsed by garlic..." Looking at ms. Webster-Jones' face, she quickly adds:"But he has a reflection." She tucks the stake away under her jacket, and walks to the car, muttering:"Woman's gonna make me paranoid..."

Raunchel
2013-11-18, 07:06 AM
"Being paranoid would actually be wise for you, there are very many dangers in this world. When will you be outof school again? There is a lot that you have to know, and we don't have much time.", Webster-Jones replies as she starts the car.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/2001_Aston_Martin_DB7_Vantage_Coupe.jpg

Yawielas
2013-11-18, 07:13 AM
Skye frowns. "Around three, I guess. Why is it so urgent? Is all hell gonna come knocking on my door now?"

Raunchel
2013-11-18, 07:56 AM
"Basically yes. There are many, many enemies and they don't tend to wait for us to be ready. I know that all this is hard for you and you think that I am crazy, but we are talking about keeping the whole world sage, which incidentally also includes us. So I will be picking you up immediatepy after school is over. I don't want to die because you weren't prepared."

Yawielas
2013-11-18, 08:07 AM
"Well, guess what. I'm not too keen on the dying part myself. You may have studied and worked on this since god knows when, but just remember: I didn't ask for this." Skye gets into the car and slams the door.

Raunchel
2013-11-18, 08:30 AM
"I know that you didn't, but you have to make the best of your situation. You are upset, that is logical, but please, don't blame me for all this. I only try to help. Right now I might seem harsh and unfair, but I promise you, you will soon be very happy with this training."

She drives outof the street, trying to remember the way. She hopes that she will get to know this town better soon, otherwise there might be problems.

Ingeniusdisguis
2013-11-18, 01:00 PM
As they are driving past the cemetary, something moves in the shadows... This isn't the way back to skye's house.

Yawielas
2013-11-18, 01:02 PM
"This isn't the right way…What's that?" Skye looks out the window, towards the cemetary.

Raunchel
2013-11-18, 01:40 PM
"That is your calling, so an excellent opportunity for you to learn some things." Webster-Jones stops the car. "They tend to be awfully violent and a bit disoriented at first. So be careful and keek your stake ready."

Yawielas
2013-11-18, 02:23 PM
"Huh? What? They? Who's "they"? Are you sending me out to fight by myself?" Skye peers through the car window towards the dark cemetary with a concerned look on her face. She reaches into her jacket, and finds the stake, keeping a tight grip on it.

Raunchel
2013-11-18, 02:35 PM
"Of course you won't be alone. I'll be there, watching you and intervening if it should be needed. But this should be easy for you so I expect to just take notes.", Webster-Jones opens her door and steps out, armed with her notebook and a stake.

Yawielas
2013-11-18, 02:55 PM
Skye opens the door hesitantly. Then she steps out more determinedly. At least now she'll find out if there really are vampires or not. If there aren't, there really wasn't anything to be afraid of. Although she finds she is not nearly as nervous as she ought to be. She starts walking towards the cemetary gates and enters. All hope abandon ye who enter here, she thinks to herself. Once inside, she looks around to see if she can spot whoever was moving in here.

Raunchel
2013-11-19, 05:08 AM
Webster-Jones follows behind Skye, she is careful and tries to see as much as possible. Soon Skye will see how wrong she is, and then she can get on with the real training, and none of this school thing. She won't graduate anyways. She is far too careless, so she has to look out for the girl, otherwise this will be a short assignment.

Yawielas
2013-11-19, 07:17 AM
(Not sure if we should just improvise this, or wait for ST input)

Raunchel
2013-11-19, 07:36 AM
I'm also not sure what we should do.

Ingeniusdisguis
2013-11-19, 09:52 AM
(Here I am to save the day) The shadow darts around behind Skye, even with Slayer reflexes she almost misses it. (wether Webster-Jones sees it or not we'll leave up to the dice.) It ducks down behind a gravestone a little ways away.

Raunchel
2013-11-19, 09:55 AM
Webster Jones remains oblivious of the whereabouts of whatever it is. She sees several suspicious things, but can't pinpoint anything. She prepares herself to fight, she doesn't know yet how capable Skye will prove to be..

[roll0]

Yawielas
2013-11-19, 10:39 AM
Skye spins around to see where the shadow went. "Hey! Who's there?!" She brings up the stake and scans her surroundings a bit shaken. "Come out here! This isn't funny!"

Ingeniusdisguis
2013-11-19, 12:22 PM
No response is forthcoming from the tombstone. (fear roll? You fail and you get the wiggins.)

Yawielas
2013-11-19, 03:02 PM
Fear roll[roll0] success level 3.)

Skye shakes off her nerves, and moves towards the gravestone carefully. "I know you're there…"

Raunchel
2013-11-19, 04:11 PM
Fear roll: [roll0], an overwhelming success, Webster-Jones is very brave, but then

Webster-Jones remains calm, she however doesn't yawn even though she is tired. Skye has seen something, she knows that Slayers have enhanced senses. This seems like a classical situation, the monster tries to scare them by dodging around, barely seen. And then it will strike. She almost starts to lecture about it, but Skye should see for herself. That will be a better lesson. She does not become complacent, there might be more of them here.

Ingeniusdisguis
2013-11-19, 04:16 PM
I'm assuming at least Skye is approaching the tombstone. Either o f you who isn't ignore the spoiler tag. Or else.
As you approach the tombstone and peer behind you discover the last thing you expected. Nothing. No one, living or otherwise, is there.

Yawielas
2013-11-19, 05:22 PM
Skye looks back towards Webster-Jones. "There's nothing here…I could've sworn…" She frowns. She was about to say the woman has her jumping at shadows, but this seems familiar. She's seen her share of horror movies, enough to expect something to jump at her from exactly where she doesn't expect, so she turns around, bringing the stake up to chest level.

Ingeniusdisguis
2013-11-19, 05:56 PM
More nothing. That's almost worse than any monster that lady could dream up. Maybe you are jumping at shadows.

Yawielas
2013-11-19, 06:03 PM
"Dammit! I'm going home. This is stupid." Skye stomps back towards ms. Webster-Jones. "There's nothing here."

Ingeniusdisguis
2013-11-19, 10:33 PM
If you guys have anything more feel free to ignore this, otherwise: you make it home without incident, but for the rest of the night until you drift off to sleep, you have the nagging feeling that there WAS something there after all.

Yawielas
2013-11-20, 12:46 PM
Skye sits deep in thought on the way home.

Raunchel
2013-11-20, 02:39 PM
"That was a bit of a disappointment, wouldn't you say? But it still contains a valuable experience for you, evil tries to hide. So always look out for it. I will always do what you don't expect.", Webster-Jones is not happy with this, not at all. Soon Skye might begin to doubt again, and then they can start over, if it isn't too late by then.

Yawielas
2013-11-20, 02:48 PM
Skye looks at Margaret. "Disappointment? That I didn't get into a life and death fight with god knows what? I can live with disappointment…Besides…I may need a little more time to adjust to this. To accept that this is the reality." She looks out the window.

Raunchel
2013-11-20, 02:52 PM
The car comes to a halt in front of Skye's house. "Well, you have some time now. I will see you tomorrow at three."

Yawielas
2013-11-20, 02:56 PM
Skye nods a little, and gets out of the car, closing the door quietly so her dad won't wake up or come to the window. Then she moves over to the front porch and lightly climbs up on the railing before hauling herself up on the roof to slip in through her bedroom window. She doesn't look back.

Raunchel
2013-11-20, 03:04 PM
Webster-Jones drives back towards her house, making a few wrong turns on the way, but eventually she does manage to find it. When she enters her home she immediately makes a few markings on the map, in hieroglyphs so it will be harder for people to find out what the marks mean. She also adds a few pointless ones, as an additional layer of defense. If she should die she will not lead her attackers to Skye.

Yawielas
2013-11-20, 03:13 PM
Skye changes into her pyjamas and bathrobe, and quietly walks downstairs to see if her dad is still sleeping on the couch. Finding he is, she turns the TV off, and puts a blanket over him. Then she takes the aluminium form with what's left of the tv-dinner she had to resort to after burning the pie, and brings it to the kitchen, dumping it in the garbage. She realises she hasn't really eaten much today, but doesn't feel hungry, so she heads back upstairs to brush her teeth and go to bed. First day of school tomorrow...