PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a deity

Michellus
2013-11-14, 11:14 AM
Okay ill try to keep this as clear as i can. I am currently playing a cleric/RSoP in a semi high op campaign. We are currently level 20. And i am trying to set some new goals for myself.

So currently the goal is to become a deity without to much cheese. And so far my plans seem to always come back to farm demons and eat demon essence. Which isn't the best way to stay NG imho. Since eating demon essence is risky at best.

So far i have asked a near epic artificer to craft me an item that allows me to contain and purify demonic essence. That worked and i used to have an item that collected demon essence. It purified it and set it free/sent it to good aligned planes. But this item was destroyed when i was destroyed when i destroyed a demonlord.

So now i have asked the artificer to craft me a simmilar item that instead of setting it free allows me to use the purified essence for my own schemesgoals. The plan was to consume the purified essence and since there are infinite layers of the abyss there should be infinite demons to "farm" for essence and at some point i expect to have consumed enough essence to reach divine rank 0. Or become corrupted which would also be fun or atleast lead to interesting role play.

But that still comes back to consuming things. I have also tried thinking of a way of consuming a layer of the abyss because that would be hilarious but that idea failed when i had no idea how you are supposed to start consuming a plane to begin with. Add to that that i have no idea how to purify a plane before consuming it this idea was bound to fail.

So i am trying to think outside of the box and want to become a deity without having to consume something. And preferably without anyone noticing.

Perhaps i could create an epic level spell that grants a divine rank? Once i get epic spellcasting anyway.

So all in all id like to ask for some ideas/advice on how to become a deity. Preferably without slaying one since doing that by myself is going to be difficult.

Any ideas, suggestions and tips are welcome.

Also is there a search function somewhere on the forum that i can use to find simmilar threads?

ImaDeadMan
2013-11-14, 11:37 AM
Check out these threads. They should give you some ideas.
One (http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/18610/how-does-one-become-a-god)
Two (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126206)

Michellus
2013-11-14, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. Also do you happen to know if there is a search function on the forum and if so where so i dont have to make threads that were made before?

Slipperychicken
2013-11-14, 12:08 PM
Godhood is such a campaign-specific thing that you might as well just ask your DM. It'll save you a lot of hassle.

Thanks for the reply. Also do you happen to know if there is a search function on the forum and if so where so i dont have to make threads that were made before?

It doesn't work IIRC. Just google it, maybe include "giantitp" if you want results from this forum.

Asrrin
2013-11-14, 12:16 PM
In many of the default campaign settings Deities require worshippers to be deities. If you get enough of a following of people worshipping you as a god you could get divine rank that way.

One way to convince people you are a god (other than casting spells and healing people) is to grant spells to others as a Deity would. Imbue with Spell Ability (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/imbueWithSpellAbility.htm) is a Cleric spell that does exactly this.

don't know if that helps at all.

Clistenes
2013-11-14, 12:26 PM
You should check the Sundered Spark Adventure.

A group of epic adventurers kill a group of Abominations and seal their divine spark into an artifact. If you try to assimilate the divine sparks into yourself, you will probably end becoming an Abominatons too (this is how those people became Abominations in first place, trying to steal divine essence from a Saint/Quasi-god).

But if you try to give the divine sparks back to Heironeous, he will help you properly assimilate the divine essence, becoming a quasi-deity.

Anyway, since you are a NG cleric, why don't you try to become a Saint instead? It's sort of an intermediate state between mortal and Quasi-deity.

ShurikVch
2013-11-14, 12:47 PM
Certain methods:
Dragon Ascendant PrC (Draconomicon, pg. 90). Estimated ECL 40
Epic Destiny (Demigod) - Dr#363, pg. 18. ECL 30
Kill a deity, loot divinity

Possible (but cheesy) method:
Make an Ice Assassin, order to make you it's proxy

Michellus
2013-11-16, 01:14 PM
You should check the Sundered Spark Adventure.

A group of epic adventurers kill a group of Abominations and seal their divine spark into an artifact. If you try to assimilate the divine sparks into yourself, you will probably end becoming an Abominatons too (this is how those people became Abominations in first place, trying to steal divine essence from a Saint/Quasi-god).

But if you try to give the divine sparks back to Heironeous, he will help you properly assimilate the divine essence, becoming a quasi-deity.

Anyway, since you are a NG cleric, why don't you try to become a Saint instead? It's sort of an intermediate state between mortal and Quasi-deity.

I already have the Saint template. Which is awesome ofcourse. But so far what i have understood from the current events in our world the gods have left. So there is a massive power vacuum waiting to be filled. And id rather fill it with good characters then with evil characters.