PDA

View Full Version : Prestige class for my sorcerer 3.5

urge
2013-11-14, 11:37 AM
Hi there and thx for taking a look at this thread,

so i started playing sorcerer, whitch is great :) - but i kinda realised that there is no reason to stay in that class after lvl 1 hehe.. and so i startede looking at Prestige classes and damn there are many - so i figgered maby some1 whit more experince in DnD might be able to point me in the right direction :)

so the Sorcerer is a guy how grew up in a paladin order - in witch he did not fit relly well since 1 he can't fight 2 he is a bit of a "sinner" (stealing, bribing, greedy, promiscuis) oh and 3 - it truns out that he is of demonic heritage :D. So now he is counght is the middel of wanting to do the good deeds, and kinda wanting to watch the world burn! - and i woud love for any prestige class that coud back up this "fluff".

stats are
str 10
dex 16
con 14
int 14
wis 8
cha 19
(yes i knew OP)

fasts
Fiendish Heritage, Fiendish legacy, spell penetration, and the one that lets you cast spells whitout materials (can rember the name)

Atm he is kinda Glass kanon whit som relly great fluff. but woud relly like to prestige class him.

oh ye he is lvl 7

Juntao112
2013-11-14, 12:16 PM
Fiend Blooded. (http://dndtools.eu/classes/fiend-blooded/)

Svata
2013-11-14, 12:16 PM
First of all, it is which, realized, started, figured, maybe, with, which (again), canon, and yeah. Second, could we have a spell list for this guy? What spells you have is kinda important, because quite a few PrCs have requirements of x number of spells of y school. And the name of the feat you couldn't remember is eschew materials. And the suggestion of Fiend Blooded is a good one. Nightmare spinner could also be fun.
Not trying to nag, but proper spelling makes posts a lot easier to read.

WinWin
2013-11-14, 12:17 PM
Fiend Blooded from Heroes of Horror. You will need a feat to qualify though, so you will only be able to take it at level 9.

Juntao112
2013-11-14, 12:39 PM
The DM may allow feats such as Fiendish Heritage or Infernal Heritage replace Blood Calls to Blood.

urge
2013-11-14, 01:29 PM
yes i knew i hope you guys can understand what i type the thing is that im dyslexic - and English is not my native langue.

Fiend blooded looks pretty much spot on :D my dm will how ever never allow me to get the stat bunus but W/E the rest of the stuff is cool. deffently one that i will consider some more :) and nightmere spinner :D:D:D:D:D thats what im talking about baby!

my spells :) (i dont have my sheet here so im going by memory might forget 1 og 2)

Read Magic
Dancing Lights
Ghost Sound
Mage Hand
Grease
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Color Spray
Scorching Ray
Alter Self
Hypnotic Pattern
Fireball
lightning balt (yes i knew i shoud not have both but long story short it is becuse of the campain)

my skills are (cant rember ranks but i think they are all over 4)
Bluff
Diplomacy
Knowledge arcane
Spellcraft
Concentration

Psyren
2013-11-14, 02:01 PM
Note that you can get into Fiend-Blooded early if you take a Planar Sorcerer substitution level (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20040711b&page=1) (and thus get Knowledge:Planes as a class skill for that level.) It's also a thematic fit for a sorcerer who is trying to learn about his fiendish heritage.

Captnq
2013-11-14, 02:07 PM
Complete list of spellcasting classes and PrCs, HERE (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=5044.msg73050#msg73050).
There's an excel spreadsheet of it that you can download if you want to reorganize it by certain types and what not.

Svata
2013-11-15, 01:17 PM
I apologize for the spelling corrections, I did not know, and was honestly just trying to lend assistance (see whitetext of previous post).

urge
2013-11-26, 02:09 AM
I apologize for the spelling corrections, I did not know, and was honestly just trying to lend assistance (see whitetext of previous post).

no offence taken at all - relly im glad you do there is only one way of getting better :)

Particle_Man
2013-11-26, 08:51 AM
Malconvoker might be another option (or even combined with Fiend-blooded) but it all depends on the alignment of the character.

http://dndtools.eu/classes/malconvoker/

DMwithoutPC's
2013-11-26, 09:22 AM
I feel your pain Urge, as a non-English dyslectic, but I find that copy/pasting the things I write into Word for a spelling check really helps to get out the worst mistakes.

More on topic, I second Malconvoker, because I think that is an very cool class. It does however, have some roleplaying prerequisites(there is a nasty word for you) your DM has to integrate into his game. (I mean the Vital Pact book, although I suppose that can be hand waved away easily)

Gamereaper
2013-11-26, 10:27 AM
If you can qualify, Abjurant Champion for sure.

http://dndtools.eu/classes/abjurant-champion/

nedz
2013-11-26, 12:10 PM
Browser spell check plugins are useful.

On topic:
What is it you are trying to do ?
Sorcerer can go in any number of directions so if you can give us some hints that would allow is to focus in on the best options.