PDA

View Full Version : [New] Trying to start playing D&D

Chesto
2013-11-14, 01:00 PM
Hi, I am looking to start playing D&D. I have never previously played any
D&Desque games, closest Ive gotten is Planescape: Torment, but I have eight years of experience role-playing and thats what Im looking for, acting roles and getting into the story and environment, something I can get into.

Basically what I want is to find a group, welcoming and perhaps even ready to mentor someone new to D&D, preferably 3e or 3.5e.

Ive also gotten familiar with the books, but I think I cant really properly understand how the game works without actually playing it.

Post on this thread if you want to get me into a group
(Preferably through Skype) or if you have any suggestions on other games I could try before trying to get into D&D, even if I am somewhat familiar with the crux of it.

Thanks for your time. :smallbiggrin:

Volcan
2013-11-14, 09:23 PM
We sort of have a group (d20ragon brone and I) and ill ask if they would be interested that's all we play 3.5 and 3.e

ArcturusV
2013-11-14, 09:57 PM
Well... I've been trying to get a few people into some games as is, and been thinking of DMing a 3.5 game. The sort of game I'd want to play is generally good for learning, starting low level, low power, humble origins, etc. Makes it less mechanically intensive and allows you to grow in your knowledge as your character grows in power.

It's tentative right now, I don't have things set out yet. But if you're interested I could try to round up the others and start up a 3.5 game. Let me know if you have any particular desires for the game other than Roleplaying, themes, genres, etc, or any that you absolutely want to avoid.

Chesto
2013-11-15, 03:23 AM
The sort of game I'd want to play is generally good for learning, starting low level, low power, humble origins, etc. Makes it less mechanically intensive and allows you to grow in your knowledge as your character grows in power.

Very interesting, I would gladly join if something is ever going to happen with what youre trying to start. So if anything comes of this you can send me a PM, I guess.

We sort of have a group (d20ragon brone and I) and ill ask if they would be interested that's all we play 3.5 and 3.e

Not sure about this one though,It really depends on how youre going to be playing the game, since I might just be kinda tacked on and its not really going to be that fun, for me or your other group members, but you never know. Feel free to elaborate on the groups play-style, or at least how
youre going to plan on playing it.

Chesto
2013-11-19, 09:57 AM
Bumping to let people know that I might have found a group to play with, but youre still welcome to ask me if I want to join since the group Im with isnt really 100% on getting together.

Chesto
2014-03-19, 11:35 AM
I return, to bump! My interests for D&D 3.5 have rekindled and I have some friends who are also looking for a group or DM. Feel free to ask me for some more up to date details.