PDA

View Full Version : Running premade adventures

Xerlith
2013-11-14, 01:48 PM
Hi. I'm planning to give my players a run through a bunch of premade adventures (Need some way to lighten my burden of time right now).
We're playing Eberron and I'd like to see if you have some titles I could use. I've been planning something along these lines:

1: The Forgotten Forge
2: Shadows of the Last War
3: ??
4: RHoD
5: We shall see.

What I'm asking you is basically what to fill the gap between the RHoD and SotLW, as well as I'd be happy to get some general advice about running games from a book.
And yes, I've stumbled upon the Red Handbook of Doom already. :smallbiggrin:

Gwendol
2013-11-14, 01:50 PM
Forge of Fury?
You could change the orcs to goblins, to have a tie-in or at least a taste of things to come.

Big Fau
2013-11-14, 01:54 PM
Why not run Whispers of the Vampire Blade, and adjust it to incorporate details from Grasp of the Emerald Claw? You're already running 1/2 of the Forgotten Forge storyline, might as well incorporate the rest.

And since you're going to be running RHoD afterwards you may wish to alter the modules to tie into that one.

Xerlith
2013-11-14, 04:23 PM
Well, after the dungeon crawl that the Shadows of the Last War are, I'd like to throw something fast-paced at them.
While Forge of Fury is a module I've not been aware of, I think it'll be too much of a one-themed adventure after the SotLW.

Going with the rest of the Forgotten Forge storyline was what I initially intended, but they'll end up at 6th-7th level. Meaning I should either rescale the RHoD or nerf the XP rewards earlier. Or really just cut and mix the fragments to my taste. Decisions, decisions...

Big Fau
2013-11-14, 04:33 PM
My earlier advice about running Whispers of the Vampire Blade were mistaken; that module is more or less a side quest at most. It would be more appropriate to scale down Grasp of the Emerald Claw to be level-appropriate for a 4th level party, and have it take them from 4th to 6th for RHoD.

FrznTear
2013-11-14, 04:44 PM
There are some short adventures here, I haven't read the lower level ones so I don't know which to recommend, if any.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090123093048/http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030530b&page=1

Xerlith
2013-11-15, 01:34 PM
hey, those adventures (at least some of them) seem nice. Even if I end up not using them now, I'll keep the link. Thanks.

Big Fau, still, that's even better for my purposes. I don't want them to go into the RHoD with too high of a level.