PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Equipment and Feat suggestion for Vitalist 5

DarkWhisper
2013-11-14, 03:32 PM
Hi playground, frequent reader, rare poster here.

Though familiar with 3.5, my knowledge of pathfinder is much more limited and I'm currently going through the PFSRD but... there's a lot.

My Vitalist has just reached level 5 and can thus choose a new feat. Moreover, after some time without the possibility to, he has now the opportunity to spend (some of) his gold on (new) equipment.

What suggestions does the playground have ?
(I've read Psyren's excellent Vitalist handbook but Feat and Equipment sections are still WIP).

Note1: It's a character in a PbP game, so a feat that pays off at level 15 isn't exactly what I'm looking for; while hoping otherwise, we all know that PbP games can start to fail for various reasons - and even if they don't, it still takes several months to gain one level.

Note2: I've considered Expanded Knowledge (Astral Construct) but my collective is currently filled with the rest of the party. Moreover, due to the game's nature (special squad in a war) keeping the others alive is eating through my Power Points at a frightening rate (Augmented Vigor + Spirit of Many / Augmented Biofeedback + Spirit of Many) already.

Role Healer + part-time buffer.
Coup de Grāce deliverer (Seriously; Coup de Grāce + Steal Health + Collective Healing).

Elan [Humanoid, Aberrant] male N/G Vitalist (Soulthief), Level 4, Init +2, HP 22/22, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14,
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +7, Base Attack Bonus 1
Chain Mail (+4 Armor, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 11
Power Points 31 / 31
Condition Psionically Focused: +1 Sense Motive, +1 Initiative

Traits & Feats:
ARF: Reconstruction (+1 ML for [Healing] Powers, Spend 1+ PP to gain Fast Healing 2 for X rounds)
T: Perceptive Talent (+1 to Sense Motive, Initiative while Psi-Focused)
T: Psigifted [Vigor] (+1 ML for Vigor)
F1: Extend Power
F3: Expanded Knowledge [Crystal Shard]
F5: [OPEN]

Noteworthy Equipment:
Ioun Torch
Campfire Bead
Cloak of Resistance +1
Crystal of Power Knowledge I (as Page of Spell Knowledge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/m-p/page-of-spell-knowledge), but for psionic powers)

[6702.86gp] to spend

[b]Party Composition
Paladin 5
Sorcerer 5
Magus 5
Monk2 / Ranger 3
Soulknife 2 / Aegis 3

Thank you in advance.

Psyren
2013-11-14, 05:12 PM
Did you already spend some gold? You're about a level below where you should be dough-wise.

Anyway you can't go wrong with a +Wis and/or +Dex item. You can craft one yourself using Animal Affinity, or head out and buy one.

As far as feats there's tons to choose from. I see you have no psicrystal yet or psionic meditation - you'll probably want those soon for the nice skill bonuses, to share pain with and so you can start quickening/hustling powers every round. Harmonic Resonance is great if you have psionic party members. Intuitive Shot is great for standing on the back row. Fast Aid is mandatory for level 7, and EK: Schism for level 9.

DarkWhisper
2013-11-15, 09:37 AM
Did you already spend some gold? You're about a level below where you should be dough-wise.

Not really. But we are somewhat short on loot / money, since we are currently in the 'fugitive' phase (base destroyed, on the run, trying to get the survivors together).

Anyway you can't go wrong with a +Wis and/or +Dex item. You can craft one yourself using Animal Affinity, or head out and buy one.

Oh. Item creation... and with PF's 'crafting while adventuring'... shiny.
I'll have to see whether one of the casters has picked up any item creation feats. Craft Wonderous is attractive.

I see you have no psicrystal yet or psionic meditation - you'll probably want those soon for the nice skill bonuses, to share pain with and so you can start quickening/hustling powers every round.

Either would mean 9th (possibly 7th) level for Hustle or Quicken, though.

Harmonic Resonance is great if you have psionic party members.
Yes, I was eying that - until I checked the Aegis / Soul Knife power list. Or rather, the lack of one.

Fast Aid is mandatory for level 7, and EK: Schism for level 9.
Fast Aid I've already marked for 7th. 9th... is still half a year (or more) away. :)

Psyren
2013-11-15, 10:47 AM
Either would mean 9th (possibly 7th) level for Hustle or Quicken, though.

Which is why it's a good idea to get a psicrystal (and containment) asap, so that you can pick up Hustle/Quicken Power as soon as they're avaiable.

Yes, I was eying that - until I checked the Aegis / Soul Knife power list. Or rather, the lack of one.

Well, there's Gifted Blade - but yeah, if you have no manifesting teammates then feel free to skip it.

Astral Construct is always useful, even if all you use it for is a mount or rearguard. But I can understand not wanting to take it if you want to give your melee more chances to shine.