PDA

View Full Version : Numenera- Can characters die?

Ozfer
2013-11-14, 04:20 PM
I have recently purchased Monte Cook's new game, Numenera, and it has been really fun the times I've played it. However, I going to run a game in a few hours, and I realized that death seems almost impossible in this system. The rules say that death occurs when all 3 stats hit 0. But enemies, for the most part, deal only might damage.

It seems that the characters will only be weakened to the point of some moderate penalties. After that, special damage is required just to disable them. Can someone clear this up for me?

Halna LeGavilk
2013-11-14, 04:29 PM
I have recently purchased Monte Cook's new game, Numenera, and it has been really fun the times I've played it. However, I going to run a game in a few hours, and I realized that death seems almost impossible in this system. The rules say that death occurs when all 3 stats hit 0. But enemies, for the most part, deal only might damage.

It seems that the characters will only be weakened to the point of some moderate penalties. After that, special damage is required just to disable them. Can someone clear this up for me?

I am AFB right now, but I believe once all damage is dealt from your Might pool, it starts hitting other pools.

Deathkeeper
2013-11-14, 06:25 PM
If I recall this is the case; it starts hitting Speed first once Might is gone.

Ozfer
2013-11-14, 06:32 PM
Ah! Thank you very much :).

Brookshw
2013-11-14, 07:07 PM
Is this now available? I thought it was only out so far for the kickstarter backers?

Kaun
2013-11-14, 07:35 PM
Is this now available? I thought it was only out so far for the kickstarter backers?

its been in my FLGS for a few months now. .pdf is available on drivethru